/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haram to use conventional products? Obligotory to use Organic?

Tariqa
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Is it haram to use conventional products...? Conventional prodcuts are known for killing people..

Since organic is safer, is it our obligation as muslims to only consume products that are organic..? If we dont and we die from the conventional way, is this a form of suicide?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 01:36 PM
:smile:

Olive
01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Conventional products... such as?

Trumble
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I think he means food, principally.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tariqa
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
toothpaste with floride, deoderant with active ingrediants, foods made with estisides, and artificailly ingrediants...all these new chemicals in our products that is known to be killers

Trumble
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tariqa
toothpaste with floride, deoderant with active ingrediants, foods made with estisides, and artificailly ingrediants...all these new chemicals in our products that is known to be killers
Many 'natural' ingredients are also killers is care is not taken in preparing and measuring them.

There's a couple of interesting examples there. Surely it is proven that toothpaste with floride is far more effective than toothpaste without it? And I'd wager there are far more deaths each year from abscess infections and such than anything to do with the floride. And would deoderant without 'active ingredients' actually be deoderant?!

syilla
01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
did you know that herbal products contain toxic too?

and did you know that organic food can be very expensive?

and did you know that...in this new era...you can never be 100% organic.

But what about there are cases in M'sia they use 'pig' waste as plants fertilizers...and some country in south east asia use human 'urine' as plant fertilizers too. erm... how organic that can be? :uuh:

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
did you know that herbal products contain toxic too?

and did you know that organic food can be very expensive?

and did you know that...in this new era...you can never be 100% organic.

But what about there are cases in M'sia they use 'pig' waste as plants fertilizers...and some country in south east asia use human 'urine' as plant fertilizers too. erm... how organic that can be? :uuh:

Ok well we are not talking about only floride..how can toothpaste be so much better when the prophet used miswaq..?? miswaq is surely better than toothpaste and or because its the sunnah.

i do not even used any deoderant.. its not the sunnah..there is nothing that water and soap could not kill the bacteria under the arms....who needs deoderant anyway.

organic is expensive but so are doctors bills.. eating organic can save you thousands in the long rn..its all about longevity and not short term bliss ..

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 06:38 AM
question is is it haram to use somthing that would kill our boides or harm our bodies with great chance of doing so as seen with conventional products??

syilla
01-05-2009, 07:03 AM
:salamext:

:). organic of course is good. But you have to remember sometimes to go for all 100% organic is not very practical for others. And i'm sure, islam is not to burden the people.

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

:). organic of course is good. But you have to remember sometimes to go for all 100% organic is not very practical for others. And i'm sure, islam is not to burden the people.
i think this is where your wrong.. some say how can you afford organic foods.. but i think the correct mentality or question is "not how can you afford organic products, but how can you afford NOT to use organic products..??

how much will eating healthy save you in medical bills.. at least thousands of dollars.. it should be obligotory upon the muslims to take care of their bodies in the same way they must guard their 5 salats...no one says oh how can i afford to make my 5 prayers when i must work at those times?? the real question is how can you afford not to make your salats.. the ahkhira is better and allah knows best..

*Yasmin*
01-05-2009, 09:28 AM
i think it's better for you to ask scholars because you are searching about fatwa and members are giving their opinions!!!

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
i think it's better for you to ask scholars because you are searching about fatwa and members are giving their opinions!!!
it is clear in islam even if you edrink water... but it is clear that the water contains some ingredients tha can kill you and you drink it anyway and get sick or die this is clearly haram..
we do not need to go to the scholars because we already know this.. everyone knows this is a form of suicide.. it falls under the class of ciggerettes.. which scholar says cigerettes are allowed??

now that we know its haram to do this.. this is the part where the discussion among us comes into play..

the questions among ourselves is this..

what foods are classified as ciggerttes...
the doctors say fast foods made with certain ingredients are more deadly than ciggerettes..

being that we know this it would be obligotory to stop eating these products..

in the state of califorina this has become such a major crises that the goverment of the state of california has banned a certain ingredient from being used in the sale of food. It is an outlawed ingredient and you can go to jail if you use this ingredient.. tell me am i making this up or not.. how serious do you think this matter is when people are dying from self induced suidices everyday because of what they are eating..

we have the knowledge and the percentage is above 65% majority rules in islam...

aamirsaab
01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Is it haram to use conventional products...? Conventional prodcuts are known for killing people..

Since organic is safer, is it our obligation as muslims to only consume products that are organic..? If we dont and we die from the conventional way, is this a form of suicide?
You make some good points but I feel you have jumped to a conclusion. Organic would indeed be better for us than non-organic. However, non-organic doesn't neccessarily lead to death and it isn't classified as haram (not from what I have read anyway), though it probably would come under that which harms our body (in which case it is a matter of how strict you are with the teachings)

The part about suicide? I'd say no. Suicide is when you intentionally kill yourself - eating fast foods or non-organic foods may indeed be unhealthy but to call it suicidal? I'd say that's going a bit too far.

Though, I should reiterate what yasmin just posted:
Consult an imaam on this matter or on any matters you feel unsure about.

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
You make some good points but I feel you have jumped to a conclusion. Organic would indeed be better for us than non-organic. However, non-organic doesn't neccessarily lead to death and it isn't classified as haram (not from what I have read anyway).

The part about suicide? I'd say no. Suicide is when you intentionally kill yourself - eating fast foods or non-organic foods may indeed be unhealthy but suicidal? I'd say that's going a bit too far (and keep in mind I count smoking as haram).

In any case, if you were to only eat organic food there'd be nothing wrong with that Islamically or socially. It depends on how strict you are with the interpretations at the end of the day. Though, I should reiterate what yasmin just posted:
Consult an imaam on this matter or on any matters you feel unsure about.
while i would like to consult the scholars on this matters i feel their are many scholars unaware of these topics.. many scholars do not read scientific journals so it may be best to consult the doctors on this matter.....

by the way you are mistaken...

the doctors have linked many of the foods we eat today to death and heart diseases whci lead to death..

remember being sick can lead to death.. if one dies from getting sick from eating somthing unhealthy and was aware of that risk but did so anyway would this not be classified in the same category as ciggerettes which is in islam considered a slow suicide??

remeber the doctors are saying this.. the foods nowadays are not just unhealthy, but they are deadly

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
:sl:
but, they are only used to an extent, as to not cause harm to the human body. such as fluoride in toothpaste.

doorster
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
while i would like to consult the scholars on this matters i feel their are many scholars unaware of these topics.. many scholars do not read scientific journals so it may be best to consult the doctors on this matter.....

by the way you are mistaken...

the doctors have linked many of the foods we eat today to death and heart diseases whci lead to death..

remember being sick can lead to death.. if one dies from getting sick from eating somthing unhealthy and was aware of that risk but did so anyway would this not be classified in the same category as ciggerettes which is in islam considered a slow suicide??

remeber the doctors are saying this.. the foods nowadays are not just unhealthy, but they are deadly
ain't it haram to be Doctor?:rolleyes: it was anti-sunnat at the very least in another thread @ http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...ml#post1073781

Tariqa
01-05-2009, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
:sl:

but, they are only used to an extent, as to not cause harm to the human body. such as fluoride in toothpaste.
maybe you missed some of the imformation i posted

the doctors have stated that there are ngredients that have NO SAFE LIMITS!!!!

thah means no matter how much you consume there is not extent that is proved to be safe..whether you take an once or a ton its is all deadly in even the smallest protions.. mayn doctors agree that this is the case for many ingredients.. they would not even allow certain levels to consume...

so how can we say we can do so in moderation..

that is like saying we can smoke on ciggerette a day..

this is the wrong mentality obviosuly we COMPLETELY ABSTAIN FROM THE PRODCUTS THAT ARE DEADLY forvever.no food to eat in moderation only good foods in moderation why not?

aamirsaab
01-05-2009, 10:01 AM
As I said before, it depends on how strict your interpretations are. I don't intend on getting into a giant debate on haraam and halaal - it's not a topic I have much knowledge in and you'd really be best in speaking with an imaam.

P.s; I agree that organic food is better than non-organic, Islamically speaking. I cannot however say that non-organic food is haram - that's not for me to declare and even if it was, I don't have sufficient knowledge.

Woodrow
01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Fluoride is a natural ingredient. sodium fluoride is found in the healthiest natural spring waters and is a product that binds with the enamel of teeth making them stronger.

Fluoride has been added to toothpaste since the 1950s, the reason for adding it is because most city water "purification" plants removes the fluoride naturally found in drinking water. Fluoride has been removed from drinking water since the 1930s when some quack realized that fluoride is an effective rat poison, so the processing plants were designed to remove it, only to later discover it is a natural ingredient needed for healthy teeth and now we have to pay extra to get it. Unless you are fortunate to live on a farm and use well water, which has not had the fluoride removed.

Organic is fine, however there is no such thing as non-organic foods. Organic simply means "from living organism" or in the case of organic chemistry it refers to the branch of chemistry relating to molecules that form carbon chains.

The term "Organic" has become a catch phrase of the advertising media and is used to sell low cost items at a high price. All vegetables, fruits and meats are "Organic" products. I think people confuse the word organic with natural. But the only way to get natural food is to either harvest it in the wild or grow your own. Even then to be fully natural you would have to avoid wheat and corn. Corn has been cultivated for so long "wild" corn no longer exists and nobody even knows what plant it originally was but most people suspect it was originally teosinte. Same with wheat, except wild wheat still exists but it is essentially inedible.

As far as using the miswak or siwak. It is good to use. However keep in mind that it it is a generic term and is not a specific plant. Miswaks are made from very many trees some of the more common being: Arak, peelu, orange, walnut and olive

It is also called "Kay Sugi" (Chewing stick) In Saudi the tree most used for a miswak is the arak or peelu. Also used in Saudi are olive and walnut tree. The Arak is a variety of Magnolia. It has been found that the sap of the magnolia is an effective anti bacteria. The Native Americans used Magnolia, Pine, Juniper and Birch trees as miswaks.

I believe the British and Europeans used birch most often. The miswak has been used by all people of all faiths and in all lands until the invention of the artificial toothbrush in the 1920s or so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.