/* */

PDA

View Full Version : United Nations - What the point

Civilsed
01-04-2009, 06:08 PM
:sl:

I Would like to ask "Whats te point of Arab/Islamic countries being members on the United Nations?" I guess not only Arab/Muslim countries but the majority of countries.

After world war 2 the creation of the U.N. by the U.S. and its European allies gave themselves the power of the veto.

Today i saw AGAIN the U.N. being unable to pass a resolution/statement even as once again vetoed by Isael's big brother (america).

If America was willing to go in to Iraq without a resolution them what give them the right to prevent once being pased.

The united states use the U.N. only when it benefits them (For example Iran) or Israel.

So why even bother with them ???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
United Nations are supposed to be some sort of moral compass to the global politics.

Zafran
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
salaam

The best thing the UN does is humanitarian relief around the world.....but when it comes to stopping wars or mass murders around the world then forget them - they are powerless thanks to stupid Vetos.

wth1257
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

I Would like to ask "Whats te point of Arab/Islamic countries being members on the United Nations?" I guess not only Arab/Muslim countries but the majority of countries.

After world war 2 the creation of the U.N. by the U.S. and its European allies gave themselves the power of the veto.

Today i saw AGAIN the U.N. being unable to pass a resolution/statement even as once again vetoed by Isael's big brother (america).

If America was willing to go in to Iraq without a resolution them what give them the right to prevent once being pased.

The united states use the U.N. only when it benefits them (For example Iran) or Israel.

It's not just Europe China and Russia also have a veto powers. Forcing all the world powers to agree and speak with a single voice allows stability I suppose.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
salaam

stability to the fat cats - it doesnt matter about the small nations - they just get slapped about.

Civilsed
01-04-2009, 06:59 PM
see link this is a joke !

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../usvetoes.html

Zafran
01-04-2009, 07:18 PM

salaam

lol thats crazy.

north_malaysian
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
another organisation - OIC...

wth1257
01-05-2009, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

stability to the fat cats - it doesnt matter about the small nations - they just get slapped about.
Stability amongst the fat cats yes. When the fat cats fight the smaller cats get stepped upon.

root
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh, other people disagree with me. ****, what is the point of the UN if everyone does not agree with me?

Civilsed
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Oh, other people disagree with me. ****, what is the point of the UN if everyone does not agree with me?
?? What are you on ??? The point is not agree or disagree. Its the power of veto being misused bu certain "power" to always favour one side regardless of events/evidence.

Keltoi
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
The U.S. vetoed the General Assembly because their resolution made no mention of Hamas' shared responsibility for the state of affairs we see today in Gaza.

Banu_Hashim
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Countries join the UN to have international presence, to raise the profile of their country. In practice, the UN acts as an advisory body only. Hence why Israel is ignoring every one made in relation to it's oppression upon Palestine. It's resolutions are no more than "recommendations". Any power that it may exert (such as military force by the security council) is influenced by the US. It's their own organisation disguised as an international body to legitimise their own objectives.

wth1257
01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
The point is valid. Major officials within the UN have expressed frustration with the US reflexively blocking resolutions with regards to Israel. The point of the UN is to have an international mechanism to prevent just such a crisis as this one. Is Hamas right to attack Israeli civilians? No. But is the inability of the UN to resolve this conflict and protect Palestinians from Israel's more draconian policies largely a result of the US blocking resolution with teeth with regards to Israel? Absolutely.

nocturnal
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The U.S. vetoed the General Assembly because their resolution made no mention of Hamas' shared responsibility for the state of affairs we see today in Gaza.
Hamas did not violate the Egyptian bokered ceasefire, Israel did, when it launched incursions into the West Bank and arbitrarily abducted any suspected Hamas members, especially MPs representing Hamas in the Palestinian Legislative Assembly.

One of the prinicpal stipulations of the agreement was the lifting of the embargo, not partially, but fully. It did not happen, and all that time other factions in Gaza e.g. Islamic Jihad were conscious of the fact that the repeated incursions and air strikers carried out in Gaza during the so called ceasefire were carefully orchestrated in order to draw an instantaneous response from one of the many factions in Gaza, and when that happened, Israel again obtained the pretext it needed to carry out it's atrocities with impunity.

Hamas has repeatedly called for an enduring truce, not recognition, but truce, in which the embargo is lifted, prisoners are freed, and Gazans can leave the besieged territory seeking medical treatment etc. This has been rejected flatly by israel and it's cronies in the west because they are bent on instating the kind of subservient leadership in the West Bank.

These are facts that need to be carefully considered before adopting the duplicitous american and israeli arguements that ascribe the blame to Hamas.

wth1257
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Hamas did not violate the Egyptian bokered ceasefire, Israel did, when it launched incursions into the West Bank and arbitrarily abducted any suspected Hamas members, especially MPs representing Hamas in the Palestinian Legislative Assembly.

One of the prinicpal stipulations of the agreement was the lifting of the embargo, not partially, but fully. It did not happen, and all that time other factions in Gaza e.g. Islamic Jihad were conscious of the fact that the repeated incursions and air strikers carried out in Gaza during the so called ceasefire were carefully orchestrated in order to draw an instantaneous response from one of the many factions in Gaza, and when that happened, Israel again obtained the pretext it needed to carry out it's atrocities with impunity.

Hamas has repeatedly called for an enduring truce, not recognition, but truce, in which the embargo is lifted, prisoners are freed, and Gazans can leave the besieged territory seeking medical treatment etc. This has been rejected flatly by israel and it's cronies in the west because they are bent on instating the kind of subservient leadership in the West Bank.

These are facts that need to be carefully considered before adopting the duplicitous american and israeli arguements that ascribe the blame to Hamas.
Great Point. Do you know any reports documenting the agreement and various violations by parties?

nocturne
01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
U.S wonders why Muslims hate them so much...

When rest of the world is calling for end to the fight, they are still supporting the Israelis.

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
U.S wonders why Muslims hate them so much...

When rest of the world is calling for end to the fight, they are still supporting the Israelis.
The U.S. called for a cease-fire yesterday, but yes Israel still has U.S. support. The issue is that the U.S. considers a cease-fire to include Hamas...imagine that.

Civilsed
01-06-2009, 04:19 PM
The U.S. called for a cease-fire yesterday, but yes Israel still has U.S. support. The issue is that the U.S. considers a cease-fire to include Hamas...imagine that.

Peace be with you Keltoi,

First point is exactly that, U.S called for a cease fire yesterday 10 days after this massacre has begun, allowing israel the opportunity to do what they want. The U.S. has vetoed any resolution on Israel and those it has not are not enforce.

But the double standards is the issue. The U.S. went to war in Iraq using UN resolutions ????? but resolution on Israel are not enfored therefore not giving them (U.S. and U.N) any credibility.

You say the U.S. Supports Israel. My question to you is, why? Is this because of Power in the region at whatever cost to life, or this Christian belief that has started in america (The end timers)? or CUFI (Christians United for Israel) I do NOT believe the Jesus (AS) you approve of the massacre, however you try to justify it.

Further more are Americans aware of the history of Israel and that REAL jews (not zionists) are against the state of Israel - Using the Holy scriptures?

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Peace be with you Keltoi,

But the double standards is the issue. The U.S. went to war in Iraq using UN resolutions ????? but resolution on Israel are not enfored therefore not giving them (U.S. and U.N) any credibility.
The U.S. went to Iraq with U.N. Security Council resolutions. Not votes of the General Assembly.

You say the U.S. Supports Israel. My question to you is, why? Is this because of Power in the region at whatever cost to life, or this Christian belief that has started in america (The end timers)? or CUFI (Christians United for Israel) I do NOT believe the Jesus (AS) you approve of the massacre, however you try to justify it.
It has very little or nothing to do with religion. Israel is a long time U.S. ally, dating back to the Cold War. The enemies of Israel are in large part the enemies of the United States. The U.S. has no sympathy for Hamas or Hezbollah. Anything Israel does to weaken these entities will be supported by the U.S. The issue is civilian deaths, which the U.S. has pushed Israel to try harder to avoid.
Further more are Americans aware of the history of Israel and that REAL jews (not zionists) are against the state of Israel - Using the Holy scriptures?
As I said, the U.S. support for Israel is based on foreign policy pragmatism much more than any religious concern.

wth1257
01-06-2009, 07:30 PM
The U.S. went to Iraq with U.N. Security Council resolutions. Not votes of the General Assembly.

It has very little or nothing to do with religion. Israel is a long time U.S. ally, dating back to the Cold War. The enemies of Israel are in large part the enemies of the United States. The U.S. has no sympathy for Hamas or Hezbollah. Anything Israel does to weaken these entities will be supported by the U.S. The issue is civilian deaths, which the U.S. has pushed Israel to try harder to avoid.

As I said, the U.S. support for Israel is based on foreign policy pragmatism much more than any religious concern.
What pragmatism? The fact that they are also enemies of Hamas and Hezbollah? Both of these groups were formed in 80's in response to Israeli occupation. Religion does play a role look at Christian zionist groups and the role of Dispensationalism.

S1aveofA11ah
01-06-2009, 09:26 PM

The enemies of Israel are their own selfish, bloody-minded selves. Their own selfish, hate-filled, opressive treatment of the Palestinians for 60 odd years has proven that. I don't point to Jews only here - everyone who is upon the same agenda be they Zionists or others.

The whole fair-minded world knows it. If the resistence in Iraq had not been so successful the US would no doubt wipe out every single Iraqi and take their land just like they terminated the Red Indians. Now they are shifting their emarrasment to Afghanistan and the world will wait and see the result.

Because the greed of the US is apparant to the world. That country consumes more than it produces - and I don't condem each person who lives there.

The US nuked Japan killing and harming many civilians - (maybe even today some are still born mutated?) so save your "the issue is civilian deaths" speech. The issue is oppression. Plain and simple.

If you spent years buying your own house and some people came and threw you out and said "its mine now" - you would be the first to cry "injustice". You would call the police - and if they didn't help either then what?. If people did that to you - left you with no choice - you would respect any resistance.

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
What pragmatism? The fact that they are also enemies of Hamas and Hezbollah? Both of these groups were formed in 80's in response to Israeli occupation. Religion does play a role look at Christian zionist groups and the role of Dispensationalism.
It is pragmatic for the U.S. to be allies of Israel because they are the only democracy in the region and our enemies in the region, in large part, are their enemies in the region. Iran, Syria, etc.

As for religion, yes there are groups within the United States that support Israel based on religious grounds. However, that is not the concern of the Pentagon or the U.S. State Department.

S1aveofA11ah
01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
It is pragmatic for the U.S. to be allies of Israel because they are the only democracy in the region and our enemies in the region, in large part, are their enemies in the region. Iran, Syria, etc.

As for religion, yes there are groups within the United States that support Israel based on religious grounds. However, that is not the concern of the Pentagon or the U.S. State Department.
Don't mention the 'd' word Keltoi - the world has woken up and moved on - do you think the Iraqis are jumping with joy at the new earned democracy which cost so many of their lives?. Illogical to say the least.

Anyway, I thought you, being a Christian, would prefer to follow Christianity not democracy or has democracy in and of itself become better than Christianity lately?.

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
The whole fair-minded world knows it. If the resistence in Iraq had not been so successful the US would no doubt wipe out every single Iraqi and take their land just like they terminated the Red Indians. Now they are shifting their emarrasment to Afghanistan and the world will wait and see the result.
If the goal of the U.S. was to wipe out every single Iraqi, the country of Iraq would be a smoking glass pit by now. The "resistance" in Iraq consists of the occasional suicide bombing in a market place. If that is your idea of success maybe you should rethink that.

The US nuked Japan killing and harming many civilians - (maybe even today some are still born mutated?) so save your "the issue is civilian deaths" speech. The issue is oppression. Plain and simple.
As for the bombing of Japan, the civilian death count would have been 10 times as high with a ground invasion.

If you spent years buying your own house and some people came and threw you out and said "its mine now" - you would be the first to cry "injustice". You would call the police - and if they didn't help either then what?. If people did that to you - left you with no choice - you would respect any resistance.
Since we are using analogies, imagine a giant dragon moves into your neighborhood and all the people moved to a different area. However, there is one group of those people who decide the best way to counter this injustice is to throw rocks at the dragon. The dragon gets annoyed and kills many people as a result. The people who threw the rocks escaped to throw rocks again next week. The dragon returns and kills more people. The rockthrowers continue the cycle. Is that a respected form of resistance?

Fishman
01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
It is pragmatic for the U.S. to be allies of Israel because they are the only democracy in the region
Uh, what about Turkey? Iran? Pakistan? Syria? Egypt? Even Palestine? Almost every country in the middle east is democratic, with the exclusion of Arabia and Jordan. Come to think of it, every country that America doesn't get on well with in the Middle East is at least nominally democractic.
Don't get me wrong, those democracies are pretty messed up ones. But Israel ain't any better.

and our enemies in the region, in large part, are their enemies in the region. Iran, Syria, etc.
Agree with this part though.
:w:

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Uh, what about Turkey? Iran? Pakistan? Syria? Egypt? Even Palestine? Almost every country in the middle east is democratic, with the exclusion of Arabia and Jordan. Come to think of it, every country that America doesn't get on well with in the Middle East is at least nominally democractic.
Don't get me wrong, those democracies are pretty messed up ones. But Israel ain't any better
Well, I don't consider Turkey to be "in the region", although I suppose they could be depending on the context. The others you mentioned have some claim to a democratic process, but it is hardly transparent.

جوري
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
as far as I am concerned the US should hold no power in the UN given its debt alone..
China used to vote with Arabic countries, but that has changed under Israeli threat -- plus mutual interests between the two..

the U.N is indeed useless, if all it can do is issue resolutions that the colonial settler state and its poodle the U.S have no desire to comply with. Basically it is now erect to issue a sort of political fatwas in favor of the colonial settler state or else!

S1aveofA11ah
01-06-2009, 10:48 PM
If the goal of the U.S. was to wipe out every single Iraqi, the country of Iraq would be a smoking glass pit by now. The "resistance" in Iraq consists of the occasional suicide bombing in a market place. If that is your idea of success maybe you should rethink that.

They could have nuked them but they need the oil Keltoi.

As for the bombing of Japan, the civilian death count would have been 10 times as high with a ground invasion.

My point being with nukes their is little 'precision'.

Since we are using analogies, imagine a giant dragon moves into your neighborhood and all the people moved to a different area. However, there is one group of those people who decide the best way to counter this injustice is to throw rocks at the dragon. The dragon gets annoyed and kills many people as a result. The people who threw the rocks escaped to throw rocks again next week. The dragon returns and kills more people. The rockthrowers continue the cycle. Is that a respected form of resistance?

Look - Keltoi - Dragons don't exist. Your imaginary analogy is way off. People have moved on. The world knows what is happening Keltoi - it doesn't need your views on this one, sorry.

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Don't mention the 'd' word Keltoi - the world has woken up and moved on - do you think the Iraqis are jumping with joy at the new earned democracy which cost so many of their lives?. Illogical to say the least.

Anyway, I thought you, being a Christian, would prefer to follow Christianity not democracy or has democracy in and of itself become better than Christianity lately?.
The issue isn't whether Iraqis are jumping with joy, it is what the Iraqis will do now that they have a chance to make a new start.

As for me being Christian, it doesn't matter. I can practice my faith to its full extent because I live in a constitutional republic. Or a democracy if you prefer.

Keltoi
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Look - Keltoi - Dragons don't exist. Your imaginary analogy is way off. People have moved on. The world knows what is happening Keltoi - it doesn't need your views on this one, sorry.
You seemed to like analogies when it fit your model.

Fishman
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Do you know what an analogy is? :ooh: Whether dragons exist or not hardly matters.

EDIT:
The others you mentioned have some claim to a democratic process, but it is hardly transparent.
Yes, lack of transparency, along with other things, do endanger their claims to be liberal democracies. But in Israel, rather than being dragged off to a torture prison for critising the leader or being gay, you'll have your land confiscated to be given to some gun nuts that shoot your kids if you are the wrong ethnicity.

Pygoscelis
01-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Iran needs more free speech zones.

Izyan
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
The US has enough conventional munitions to destroy every iraqi 100 times over. We have munitions we don't even use anymore that would make short work of Iraqis (Napalm).

S1aveofA11ah
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
The US has enough conventional munitions to destroy every iraqi 100 times over. We have munitions we don't even use anymore that would make short work of Iraqis (Napalm).
Look - just about the whole world HATES what the US did in Iraq. They don't need extra munitions to proove/disproove anything. Ask the Iraqis.

Woodrow
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
The ability to destroy does not command respect. That comes from the ability to build or rebuild. Sadly those of us in the USA have been failing at that in recent years.

The leaders of the world have almost unanimously come to the point of belief that the ability to destroy is power. That is not power, that is fear and all it commands is hate.

Izyan
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The ability to destroy does not command respect. That comes from the ability to build or rebuild. Sadly those of us in the USA have been failing at that in recent years.

The leaders of the world have almost unanimously come to the point of belief that the ability to destroy is power. That is not power, that is fear and all it commands is hate.
I didn't say it did. I was commenting on the resistence stop the US from wiping out all the Iraqis. I'm saying that's not true. I've had the Americans save plenty of my family members from the "resistance"

Bittersteel
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM
UN ....well its mainly useful for relief and humanitarian purposes.Its the best concept so far for an world conference organization.

BTW I heard the UN Charter of Human Rights clashes with Islamic principles.Is that true?

Najm
01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

UN Slams Israel's "Shocking Atrocities"

"The entire 1.5 million people who live in the crowded Gaza Strip are being punished for the actions of a few militants," Falk said.

The UN special rapporteur for human rights in the Palestinian territories accused the Israeli army on Tuesday, December 30, of perpetrating atrocities against the civilian population of the Gaza Strip.
"Israel is committing a shocking series of atrocities by using modern weaponry against a defenseless population - attacking a population that has been enduring a severe blockade for many months," Richard Falk, the special rapporteur for human rights in the Palestinian territories, said in a BBC interview.

Children again fell victim to Israel's "all-out war," with two sisters, aged four and 11, dying when a missile slammed into their donkey cart in the northern Gaza town of Beit Hanun.

...Source...

Comment: I hear you MR. Falk, thats what we all thought with a worldwide protests. You finally realised the protest. Great! So when are they showing the interview, during the main news, or at 3am ?

FiAmaaniAllah

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps the UN has woken up

Najm
01-09-2009, 07:39 AM

UN suspends Gazan aid operation

Chris Gunness, Unwra spokesman: 'We've had no other choice'

The UN's main aid agency has suspended its operations in Gaza because its staff have been hit by Israeli attacks.
The suspension would continue "until the Israeli authorities can guarantee our safety and security", the UN said.

'Great regret'

Responding to the suspension of aid efforts by the UN relief agency Unrwa, Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said Israel fully supported the work of the UN and other humanitarian agencies in Gaza.
"We will do what needs to be done to facilitate this vital work," he said. "In these difficult days we must work together to meet the humanitarian needs of the population."

Unrwa's move came shortly after it said one person had been killed and two hurt when a fork-lift truck on a UN aid mission came under Israeli tank fire at Gaza's Erez crossing.

It said it was "with great regret" that it had been forced to make a difficult decision.
"We have suspended our operations in Gaza until the Israeli authorities can guarantee our safety and security," said Unrwa spokesman Chris Gunness.
"Our installations have been hit, our workers have been killed in spite of the fact that the Israeli authorities have the co-ordinates of our facilities and that all our movements are co-ordinated with the Israeli army."
The UN said the movements of the truck hit at the Erez crossing had been co-ordinated and cleared with the Israeli military.
The Israeli army has not commented on that claim but has said it is looking into the matter.
In a statement, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon condemned the Israeli military's action.
John Ging, director of operations in Gaza for Unrwa, said a convoy of two UN vehicles and an ambulance had also been fired at - although it was not clear by whom - despite having clearance for its movements from Israel.

The incident occurred as Israel for a second day suspended its military operation for three hours to allow Gazans to find food and bury their dead.
Mr Ging said the Israeli military had to give his staff a credible guarantee of safety.
"If they give us clearance to move then it is wholly and totally unacceptable that their soldiers on the ground are firing on our aid workers," he said.
A UN spokeswoman said other agencies including the World Health Organization, World Food Programme and Unicef would continue aid operations in Gaza.
The International Committee of the Red Cross has also accused Israel of failing to fulfil its duty to help wounded civilians in Gaza.
The ICRC said its staff had found four weak and scared children beside their mothers' bodies in houses hit by shelling in Zeitoun.
The Israeli military has not yet responded to the accusation, but said it worked closely with aid groups so that civilians could get assistance.

...Source...

Comment: Well, well!! This is interesting. 1) The Israellis are saying basically that its too dangerous, and to prove their point, they shot dead a truck driver while giving the go-ahead. Since other aid workers came back to condemn the Israellis, and their propanganda isnt working.
2) Israellis have decided they want to be the hero, so they clean up Gaza completely then send in the aid workers, so they can be the hero!
3) Israellis are "investigating", they'll just say the same thing >> we were under attack!......But they arent happy for "independant investigation" because it would be bias/unfair.....Just like when the UN school was hit, UN are 99.9% sure it wasnt "within the vicinity", while the Israelli spokesman uses old footage to explain and then says he doesnt want an independant investigation
^ Click for Video

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-09-2009, 09:24 AM

From my last post, its too important, to understand..... Israellis decide what is investigated...

Israelii spokesman gets a grilling...Check this out...
Israellis arent happy for "independant investigation" because it would be bias/unfair.....Just like when the UN school was hit, UN are 99.9% sure it wasnt "within the vicinity", while the Israelli spokesman uses old footage to explain and then says he doesnt want an independant investigation

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
^jazakallahu khair...

elmousa68
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM

What we need is achieve solidarity among Muslims. We need to achieve freedom for Muslims. There was once a group that fought to uphold the sharia; to uphold the faith. In Arab countries, there are rulers who are supposedly Muslim, but not one of them leads the faithful in prayer. This aspect of deen is very important; upholding prayer. We should strive to uphold prayer. Wherever a group of Muslims: a country, a minority, anywhere has a leader that leads it in prayer is truly Muslim.

Today, we can call for an elected representative of Muslims. We need to have a state of institutions, not tied to a single person or dynasty. We have to work toward spreading awareness of this issue. The current state of affairs cannot and must not continue.

There is a void in the absence of the Islamic factor and a lot of injustice of suffering across the world. The Islamic presence is a necessity.

Bittersteel
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
The blockade prior to the ceasefire should have been lifted.Israel is also to blame in this.

Najm
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Double posting...
Israel 'shelled civilian shelter'

Israel's offensive in Gaza has been under way for nearly two weeks
Israeli forces shelled a house in the Gaza Strip which they had moved around 110 Palestinians into 24 hours earlier, the UN quotes witnesses as saying.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) called it "one of the gravest incidents" since the beginning of the offensive.
The shelling at Zeitoun, a south-east suburb of Gaza City, on 5 January killed some 30 people, the report said.
Israel said the allegations were being investigated.
"According to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitoun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors," the OCHA report said.
"Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30."
The UN said those who survived and were able walked 2km to the main north-south road to be transported to hospital in civilian vehicles.
"Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital," the report said.
'No safe haven'
Allegra Pacheco, of OCHA in Jerusalem, said they were not accusing the Israelis of a deliberate act, but said the incident needed to be investigated.
She also said they were concerned at claims by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) that ambulances were only allowed access to the neighbourhood on Thursday - four days after the alleged incident.
The ICRC on Thursday accused Israel of failing to fulfil its duty to help wounded civilians in Gaza.
"In Gaza, there is a severe protection of civilians crisis. There is no safe haven, no safe space, for all the civilians, particularly children," Ms Pacheco told the BBC.
"Since the ground operation, the number of children killed has risen by 250%."
An estimated 770 Palestinians and 14 Israelis have died in nearly two weeks of Israel's air and ground offensive against the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
The UN Security Council has called for an immediate ceasefire and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza.
...Source...

Comment: War Crime? Murder? Genocide? Or maybe its just "All is fair in love and war"?

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Comment: War Crime? Murder? Genocide? Or maybe its just "All is fair in love and war"?
even if they did, Israel would get away with a 'slap on the wrist anyway.' as per usual :rolleyes:

AzizMostafa
01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
http://podblanc.com/video-holocaust-...sts-now-public
http://typophile.com/node/53099

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.