/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Sleep help

Yanal
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM
:sl:
I can't go to sleep, I go to bed at 11, and sleep at 2. Need help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
salaam

I have the problem also lol.

Noddy
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I have the same problem brother.

The reason which I feel I am unable to sleep is due to the worries which I have, the docter has given me sleeping tablets but it doesn't help.

Ali.
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Try to refrain from using electronic appliances atleast 2 hours before you intend on going to sleep, i.e. let your mind calm down a bit.

And when you intend on going to sleep, clear your mind of troubles, etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Count sheep.

Cabdullahi
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
drink horlicks :)

Güven
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
go run outside and then go to bed

Yanal
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh
What is that drink? I've never heard of it's existence. Güven I need serious help, it's snowing here and you expect me to run in snow when you yourself feel chilly.2 hours! That's so much time.

Cabdullahi
01-04-2009, 07:18 PM
ere you go love!

nadia85
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
dont go 2 bed until u cant keep ur eyes open and hopefully inshallah u fall 2 sleep when u hit da bed

Zahida
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
:sl: Same prob ^^^^ read and recite any duas surahs you know until sleep finally comes........................ It is true that your problems invade your mind when you are lying down trying to sleep it's natural.......happens to everyone.........:smile::w:

Yanal
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
But for Three hours, it's so iritating , whenever I pray 5 times those are the nights I am uncomfortable but when I sometimes don't , I get peacful dreams.

Zahida
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
:sl: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm can i ask how old you are?? (sorry) apparently sleep patterns change as you get older................. my advice to you still would be to recite as you are lying down.....................:w::bump1:

Yanal
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
States on my signature but I will tell you anyway . Two more years till 15. 2-15= 13. I'm 13 and don't mind you asking.

*Yasmin*
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
drink milk plus i know duaa' i don't remmember because i sleep in 1 sec :) since months
i'll go search it for you

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 09:00 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I'm the same, go to bed at like midnight'ish but cant sleep it till 2am, and then come Fajr I'm in a real deep sleep *bangs head against wall*

What I do is make sure I do summin tiring during the day so I feel sleepy, either that or read a book before bed and your eyes will get tired first and then insha'Allah the rest of you =P

Or drink hot milk :peace:

WassalamuAlaykum

glo
01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I remember reading about some research which suggests that the sleep patterns often change with the onset of puberty - teenagers often fall asleep later and like to sleep longer in the mornings. According to the research there were physiologocal reasons for this, rather than just preference or - as some parents might think! - laziness.

Nonetheless, you need to get up in the morning to go to school, so you need all the sleep you can get.

I found some advice on 'sleep hygiene' here:
http://www.umm.edu/sleep/sleep_hyg.htm
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/howto.html

Hope some of these things help!

*Yasmin*
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
i found d'kr you can say if you fluctuate from side to side when you wanna sleep
((لا اله الا الله الواحد القهار، رب السموات والارض وما بينهما العزيز الغفار))
articulation>> la illaha illa Allah al-wa7ed Al-qhhar, rab al-smawat wala'rd wma bynhoma al3zez alghfar.

Yanal
01-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Jazakallah, how does milk help?

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Wa'alaykum salam

Hot milk, you'll sleep like a baby.

Or so they say.

Yanal
01-04-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
i found d'kr you can say if you fluctuate from side to side when you wanna sleep
((لا اله الا الله الواحد القهار، رب السموات والارض وما بينهما العزيز الغفار))
articulation>> la illaha illa Allah al-wa7ed Al-qhhar, rab al-smawat wala'rd wma bynhoma al3zez alghfar.
So it's like dhikr, right?

nebula
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I actually have the same problem, i go to bed try to sleep but then it takes like 1-2 hours...

Do a run up and then jump into your bed lol or get some chlorophine and inhale it :D its sure to work!

Re.TiReD
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
So it's like dhikr, right?
:wasalamex

Sure is :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.