/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gaza- prayers and fast

01-04-2009, 11:26 PM

Bringing you an alternative

Hope for Gaza: Prayers for Peace & Mercy

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh

We are all aware of the suffering our brothers and sisters in Palestine have endured over the last 60 years. The situation has now escalated to crisis point, and over 400 have been killed, not to mention the thousands who have been injured both physically and mentally with the unjust torture they have witnessed. We've conducted rally's, wrote to the organisations that are in positions of power, and signed endless petitions….Unfortunately, our efforts demanding justice have been ignored.

As Muslims we are aware that only Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) can help us in times of need, when we have been ignored by organisations that can make changes, when our efforts are fruitless, what do we do? We turn to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala!!)

This is a plea to all Muslims out there, to unite, to stand together and pray for our brothers and sisters in Palestine. We cannot disregard the power of dua, and in times like this, when we feel we have little or no control, we can turn to The One who has All Control and Power.

We have decided to call for the following campaign, to coincide with the current month of Muharram that we are in and the day of Ashura. This campaign will require two days of your time and for all who can participate, here are the requirements:

*To fast for the 9th and 10th of Muharram
*To stand in Qiyam ul Layl (Night Prayer) on the night of the 9th and 10th of Muharram

If you cannot do the full two days, then please do what you can, even if it's just an hour of 'Ibadah. We must remember that our fasting and praying (as with all forms of 'Ibadah) are done for the pleasure of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) and for Him alone. However, the virtues of the dua of a fasting person, and the dua of one who has forsaken their sleep have been highlighted in the following hadith:

The Messenger of Allah (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

Abu Hurairah (radiuallahu anhu) narrated that Allah's Messenger (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: 'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) descends to the lower-most heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?"' [Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

We sincerely ask for the Ummah to do what they can, there are many of us, and together we CAN make a difference, we can make a CHANGE. Let's show others how we conduct ourselves in hard times, how we show patience and perseverance, and most importantly, how we unite in times of hardship.

The Messenger of Allah (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "Believers are like a structure, parts of which support one another. The believers, in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever." [Sahih al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Please circulate this email to your friends, family, to local Masjids, College/Universities, and Community Centre's etc... Let's make this a collective effort.

Insha'Allah we are successful in our efforts. May Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) help all the Muslims who are suffering around the world, may He listen to our sincere duas and forgive us of our sins. Ameen.

More info can be found at

http://justquraan.wordpress. com/2009/01/02/gaza-in-need/

JazakAllahu khairan

Wa Salamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
01-05-2009, 12:20 AM
:sl:

Jazakallaahu khayran for posting this.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 07:49 AM
:sl:
excuse my ignorance :-[ but what is the islamic significance of fasting on these two days :embarrass :D

FREAK-A-ZOID
01-05-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...aashooraa.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nablus
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Abu Hurairah (radiuallahu anhu) narrated that Allah's Messenger (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: 'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) descends to the lower-most heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?"' [Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

May Allah support Palestinian fighters and reward them

The Messenger of Allah (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

fast for the sake of Palestinian

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.