/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let me learn Arabic!

Ronaldo
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Salam aleikum!

Can somebody please tell me how to learn arabic (Lebanon style)? When I'm around my family from Lebanon we have to speak English to in order to understand each other. This is okay, but when the rest are speaking to one and other I don't understand anything. So the time has come to me now! :-P

But how? Should I try something online-learning? Or some other kind of self-learning? What can you recommend? I live in Denmark by the way.:rolleyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ronaldo
01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Seems like there aren't lot of help :P

Let me add a new question then. Lebanese - what kind of Arab language is that? You know, there are alot of dialects...

*Yasmin*
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
if you wanna learn the lebanon style just listen to people that talkin with the "style" beacuse you are lookin for dialects\colloquial arabic

Wyatt
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Well if there are enough that would make you want to learn it, have them teach you! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zico
01-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Like other posters said, talk to them on daily basis :D

Wyatt
01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhEMAsKYFl4

Here is a video with Lebanese phrases. :D

Gia
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Nothing beats practicing, try to listen and use what you learn on daily basis.

Silver
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm lebanese, if you want tell me to translate some expressions for you.
Try to learn fos7a arabic and watch lebanese TV channels like: LBC, mustakbal, manar, NBN...

ninetrey
01-25-2009, 02:15 AM
is libanese and quran arabic way different?
because i wanna learn arabic too to understand the quran inschallah
but i dont wanna get confused by other dialects like libanese or marokkan?

Gia
01-25-2009, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ninetrey
Lebanese is not a language, it's a dialect, while the Arabic that is used in Quran is the classical Arabic which is the formal language in the Arab world and that's used in literary texts and school books. Classical Arabic is understood everywhere and is spoken usually in lectures and such things but it's not used in daily life. Dialects on the other hand are used in everyday life and they vary from one country to another and even inside the same country, but dialects are not written, and so if you want to understand Quran then you've got to learn Classical Arabic.

Silver
01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
If you wanna understand the Quran you must learn classical arabic, everything is written in classical arabic...

Silver
01-25-2009, 02:39 PM
If you wanna understand the Quran you must learn classical arabic, everything is written in classical arabic...

osama1985
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
try this site
there is some arabic lessons for new learners and they are useful to those who wants to learn arabic
www.tolearnarabic.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.