/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings of Peace

Triumphant
01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not good at writing essays ( havent started college yet.criticism is welcome, actually i beg you to help me improve lol.)

wall of text on/

Asalamu alaikum, My name is Israfeel and I'm a Muslim alhamdulillah! w00t. I'm so happy to have been blessed and guided by Allah ta'ala to this deen. A little history on me: I was raised as a catholic and got baptized in the church, and also did my "holy" communion at the age of 12. Life was good as a youngster. When I was about 15 my older neighbor friend invited me to attend a "Christian not Catholic church in my neighborhood ( a lot of speaking in tongues, singing and clapping. I was always asked "Are you Catholic or Christian?" I never really understood that question until I learned about Tawheed in Islam.

This phase went on for about 3 months and we started "Backsliding" again. I got into a lot of trouble and started to neglect my schoolwork. I got kicked out of all the public schools for ditching class among other things.. I got sent to boot camp and got my high school diploma there! not GED lol. When I was realeased from there 6 months after my 18th birthday I was very responsible.
I found a job within a month and started to help pay the bills at home and eventually got a car and started to look for better job. ( I haven't kept a job since.)

I will explain on how Allah, the Majestic, guided me to Islam. I was a freshman in high school when 9/11 happened. I remember coming home and watching it on the news and pictures of Arab muslims where splattered all over the T.V screen. I feel for the deception until later that week, it was a friday night. On fridays I would listen to an "underground hip hop" radio station. In other words it was a radio station that played true hip hop, not the trash we're fed on BET, MTV or any mainstream media. The show was from 12 am- 3 am.

The radio show was called divine forces radio which placed an emphasis on critical thinking, and enlightening information through interviews on culture, global spiritual traditions, real history, health and politics. I remember that night the radio show host was in a very worried state. He mentioned a state along the lines of " I can not believe this act our own government committed on it's own citizens." Alarm bells went off in my head and I remember that year on thanksgiving I told my family that 9/11 was an inside job. They thought I was nuts of course.

I didn't have a computer back then or internet in my apartment so most of my time was spent listening to radio. I got internet when we moved into my older sisters house because My mom couldn't afford the rent for our apartment anymore. Around the beginning of this year i started to search on youtube videos about 9/11 and Alex jones etc. After some searches on the subject I came across a video called "The anti-christ dajjal will be a reptilian shapeshifter" Subhan allah these video series changed my life completely, I'm forever thankful to Abdullah Hashem and I can never thank him enough for opening my eyes to the beauty of Islam and the knowledge of the best creation of Allah, Prophet Muhammad (peace blessings and Allah's mercy be upon him) through Hadiths.

I got about halfway through the series on his website when I realized that Islam was the truth. I ran to the live chat room and said I wanna be muslim! alhamdulillah there were 5 muslims in there all my age and very helpful.A brother only 15 years old named Muhammad (he's wise beyond his years) assisted me with the Shahada. Ashadu ala ilaha ila lahu wa ashadu anna Muhammadan abdoho wa raswuloh! Allahu Akbar! One the sisters even sent me a hardcover Quran through the mail. Alhamdulillah!

I'm forever thankful to Abdullah Hashem and his website and the brothers and sisters I met there. Alhamdulillah. So that's how I came to Islam ;). Thanks for your time and sorry If I hurt your eyes with my wall of text or american english.

~your brother in Islam, Israfeel
Feel free to pm me if you feel like being my friend in sha Allah

wa aliakum al salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum

Welcome to the forum, brother Israfeel. But more importantly, welcome to Islam! All praise is for Allaah for having guided you to the truth and success, Alhamdulillah :). Your story was very interesting - it's amazing how people are guided by Allaah in so many different ways.

I hope you will benefit from and enjoy your time on LI forums. I'm sure you will meet many Muslims, both old and new like yourself and of many different ages. May Allaah increase you in beneficial knowledge and righteous actions, Aameen.

Triumphant
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Barakallahu feekum ahki. How do I edit my post and when will my limitations on the forum be lifted?

Güven
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
:salamext:

May Allaah increase you in beneficial knowledge and righteous actions.
Ameeen

MashaAllah , interesting story :)
and Welcome to the forum
I hope you have a very enjoyable and beneficial stay in here.

FAQ:
Limited members are not able to:

* view profiles of other members
* set the invisibility mode
* use custom title
* use signatures
* view profile pictures
* view private custom fields
* upload profile pictures
* send any private messages
* use the reputation system

Limited members are also restricted from replying in the Introduce yourself forum except in their own Introduction topic.

You need to have 50 posts to become a full member.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
salam and welcome brother,im one of the many(few?) conspiracy theorists in this forum

Hamayun
01-05-2009, 10:34 PM
:sl: Brother and welcome. Subhan Allah!! What a beatiful story.

Abu Ilyas
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Jazakallahu Khayr, and welcome to LI.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Subhanallah!
wonderful story.
Welcome to Islam bro and to the forum.
So you are from United snakes of America:D:lol:

edil
01-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum bro and congradulation on your conversion to Islam. I hope and wish you bennefit a lot from this forum and am pretty sure u will insha'allah.
Best regards, your sister in islam.

Triumphant
01-06-2009, 03:48 AM
I have an addiction to another set of non-islamic forums and I'm hoping, with the help of Allaah azza wa jal, I can spend my time on this forum instead. In sha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.