/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deficiency

Questfortruth
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
:sl:

If some has vitamin B deficiency. How long would it take to overcome that deficiency through healthy eating? Or should this person take pills?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
which B deficiency and what is the gender and age of the patient?
in general all the B vitamins are water soluble and are usually found in your diet in every day foods (if in fact you eat a healthy diet) those at greatest risk are the elderly and pregnant women.. if you feel that you are not getting enough fruits and veggies in you may want to supplement your diet... severe deficiency presents with symptoms and are likely to be caught in the industrialized part of the world..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Questfortruth
01-07-2009, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
which B deficiency and what is the gender and age of the patient?
in general all the B vitamins are water soluble and are usually found in your diet in every day foods (if in fact you eat a healthy diet) those at greatest risk are the elderly and pregnant women.. if you feel that you are not getting enough fruits and veggies in you may want to supplement your diet... severe deficiency presents with symptoms and are likely to be caught in the industrialized part of the world..

and Allah swt knows best

Thank you for your response. Gender: Male Age: 23
Its really self diagnose he did because he noticed hair loss problems. Which led to a research and then to vitamin B deficiency. He does believe he lacks fruits and vegetables from his meals.

جوري
01-07-2009, 05:52 AM
B deficiency is rare, since most foods eaten contain the vitamin. He's have noticed other vague syndrome before the hair loss.. it is probably very far down on the scale unless he is taking certain medications, and again, he'd have other symptoms before the hair loss.. There are tons of reasons for hair loss I suspect in his case the most common 'Androgenetic alopecia' is behind it.. I'd go with what is most common before something so esoteric

and Allah swt knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Questfortruth
01-07-2009, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
B deficiency is rare, since most foods eaten contain the vitamin. He's have noticed other vague syndrome before the hair loss.. it is probably very far down on the scale unless he is taking certain medications, and again, he'd have other symptoms before the hair loss.. There are tons of reasons for hair loss I suspect in his case the most common 'Androgenetic alopecia' is behind it.. I'd go with what is most common before something so esoteric

and Allah swt knows best

Thank you agian for the quick response sister. He told me some of his family members suffer from Iron deficiency. He was checked for iron level and doctor told him he is good for iron. I am not sure about any other symptoms. I will ask him about them Insh'Allah

جوري
01-08-2009, 12:52 AM
again iron deficiency rarely strikes YOUNG men unless they have some sort of occult GI malignancy-- If you ask him he'll probably tell you that it is the women in his family that are iron deficient and it is quite common indeed amongst women because of menstruation...

Heme chains are held together by iron

which is lost during prolonged blood loss -- I have to warn against folks googling their syndromes.. I have seen many people end up in the morgue because they diagnose themselves, they treat themselves with various un (FDA) approved concoctions which do nothing for their health or their wallet.. he'd be so much better off visiting his physician about this.. if male pattern baldness is common in his family, there are actually medications out there that can halt though not reverse the process --
unlike regular B vitamins (which are water soluble) Iron isn't the sort of thing you want to overload yourself with.. it can cause all sorts of very serious problems..

and Allah swt knows best

Questfortruth
01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argon Gossamer
again iron deficiency rarely strikes YOUNG men unless they have some sort of occult GI malignancy-- If you ask him he'll probably tell you that it is the women in his family that are iron deficient and it is quite common indeed amongst women because of menstruation...

Heme chains are held together by iron

which is lost during prolonged blood loss -- I have to warn against folks googling their syndromes.. I have seen many people end up in the morgue because they diagnose themselves, they treat themselves with various un (FDA) approved concoctions which do nothing for their health or their wallet.. he'd be so much better off visiting his physician about this.. if male pattern baldness is common in his family, there are actually medications out there that can halt though not reverse the process --
unlike regular B vitamins (which are water soluble) Iron isn't the sort of thing you want to overload yourself with.. it can cause all sorts of very serious problems..

and Allah swt knows best

Alhumd'illah the brother had a blood test done and found out everything is normal. One more question is it ok to take fish oil supplement pills?

جوري
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
cod liver oil can't hurt, so it is really up to the individual.. one may get the same benefits from eating a healthy diet 5 almonds a day can reap the same benefits and Allah swt knows best

Questfortruth
02-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Salam alykum
The brother told me the doctor told him he is Folic acid is low. So he is losing hair because of that would he get it back or should he shave it off? Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!