/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaamu Alaikum!

Donia
01-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Salaamu Alaikum. I have been reading some posts on this forum for a little while and finally decided to join. I'm hoping to gain some beneficial knowledge and maybe even be a benefit to others inshallah. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-07-2009, 04:05 AM
:w: Sister and welcome to the forums. It is good to see you come in and decide to openly join us.

I am pleased to see you have a desire to be of benefit, hopefully we will also benefit you.

Donia
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Thank you brother. I am sure I will get more of a benefit rather than giving inshallah. I have much to learn and it seems there are some knowledgable brothers and sisters on here.
We used to live in SD a few years back. I didn't notice much of a Muslim community there except at the university. Has it grown at all inshallah?

glo
01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forum, Donia.
I hope you find this a good place to be.

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Thank you brother. I am sure I will get more of a benefit rather than giving inshallah. I have much to learn and it seems there are some knowledgable brothers and sisters on here.
We used to live in SD a few years back. I didn't notice much of a Muslim community there except at the university. Has it grown at all inshallah?

Not where I live. I am quite far from Rapid City and Sioux Falls. The Muslim population is concentrated in those 2 cities. Our SD house is at the extreme Western edge of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. I do not know of any Muslims in Ziebach County except for my wife and myself. However, we find many seekers that frequently request information about Islam from us.

We also spend a lot of time on the Pine Ridge Lakota Sioux Reservation. We do know 8 reverts there and many seekers that seem to be sincere in learning about Islam.

We do know a few Muslims in Rapid City, but sadly there seem to be a recent expansion of a group calling themselves Muslim, but not acting very Islamic. The only Masjid is in dispute as to who the legitimate Iman for it is and the Masjid is seldom open even for Jummah.

Sioux Falls has a very nice Muslim Community and There are even Muslims as far North as Brookings. We usually go to Jummah there.

Donia
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome to the forum, Donia.
I hope you find this a good place to be.

Salaam
Wa alaikum salaam. Thank you glo. :smile:

Donia
01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Not where I live. I am quite far from Rapid City and Sioux Falls. The Muslim population is concentrated in those 2 cities. Our SD house is at the extreme Western edge of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. I do not know of any Muslims in Ziebach County except for my wife and myself. However, we find many seekers that frequently request information about Islam from us.

We also spend a lot of time on the Pine Ridge Lakota Sioux Reservation. We do know 8 reverts there and many seekers that seem to be sincere in learning about Islam.

We do know a few Muslims in Rapid City, but sadly there seem to be a recent expansion of a group calling themselves Muslim, but not acting very Islamic. The only Masjid is in dispute as to who the legitimate Iman for it is and the Masjid is seldom open even for Jummah.

Sioux Falls has a very nice Muslim Community and There are even Muslims as far North as Brookings. We usually go to Jummah there.

We lived in Rapid City and that is about as far as we went. I think we did drive through Sioux Falls at some point and we also visited Minot, North Dakota but that's about it. I only met one other Muslim while there and she was a Turkish girl stationed on the base with us. I did not know there was even a mosque in Rapid City. I thought they only held Jummah at the university. I didn't have a chance to go but I did see it posted online.
Mashallah.. I hope Allah will bless your wife and you to be a light and a way to Islam for those who seek. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.