View Full Version : Youtube video downloading

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
:sl:
how do you download a YouTube video and leave it in its "original format."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess the best free software to add subs to videos then export them to one single file is VirtualDub, it's easy and there are plenty of tutorials about it, download it from here:

http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sou...lDub-1.8.8.zip

To download from Youtube, you can download IDM for the trial period or download it through torrents with the patch but at your own risk

To get the 30 days trial download from here:
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/idman515.exe

Usually after installing it, just move the mouse cursor over the video and it will show above the video box on the right a button to download it, or you can just right-click on the page then choos download flv files from the last 10 and it will show you a list of the last ten streamed videos you requested to choose one of them, or the simple way:

launch the application (IDM) go to edit->options, then choose File Types, and add the extension in the extension box:

FLV

Click ok

And IDM will grab any streamed video that you open its page.

I hope this can help insha'a ALLAH.

Taken from: AbuBakr Jazairi's post (Islamic Awakening Forums)

Cabdullahi
01-07-2009, 10:09 AM
sister download realplayer,install it and load youtube.com,then click on a video and an option should appear at the right hand corner, saying 'download this video'

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
:sl:
also, if you have one of those DVD recorders where you have recorded on the DVD but wish to copy it to you hard drive, how do you do that?
i hope that makes sense.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
01-14-2009, 09:32 AM
my dear you dont need to have the real player version that download the youtube videos......just place the link of the vedio you want in this page:
http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2...%3DC8Unyg83194
and chose the format you want to have.....its better to chose the high quality option...I always use this site to download them

and I did not get what you meant in ur last post:-[

Najm
01-14-2009, 09:38 AM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Wow!!! JazakAllah Khair uhkti SAYA!

Downloading in progress

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2009, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA

and I did not get what you meant in ur last post:-[
lol ok hmmm how to explain...well when you have one of them DVD recorders...sort of like them VCRs only its a DVD disc (if thats the right word :-[) :D...so you have recorded a program, etc (from your TV) to a DVD disc (again, i hope thats the right word lol) and now you want to copy this recorded program to your computer, and keep it saved onto your HD...what do you do...i hope that makes sense :exhausted

Danah
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
lol ok hmmm how to explain...well when you have one of them DVD recorders...sort of like them VCRs only its a DVD disc (if thats the right word :-[) :D...so you have recorded a program, etc (from your TV) to a DVD disc (again, i hope thats the right word lol) and now you want to copy this recorded program to your computer, and keep it saved onto your HD...what do you do...i hope that makes sense :exhausted
lol...okay honey I got what you meant......but unfortunately I have never recorded something to my HD:-[
*helpless......I know :-[*
insha allah someone else can answer you, I might confused you more

if your problem was with changing format of videos I can give a list of format converter though

Najm
01-14-2009, 12:03 PM

You can record Tv programs onto DvD discs? *Opens EyEs*

FiAmaaniAllah

Danah
01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

FiAmaaniAllah
^_^....is it just copy and paste and thats it?...actually I have never tried it before because I dont need it :)

I just dont want to confuse her more...

I think she have something with the format

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

FiAmaaniAllah
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

yes, but you need a DVD player, and then you need to dub it onto the DVD...i think thats how it goes...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.