/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many languages do you speak?

Grace Seeker
01-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Including your native tongue, how many languages do you speak well enough to read a newspaper or have a conversation with another person in that language?
(Please consider multiple dialects of the same language that can be mutually understood as one language, whereas those that cannot be mutually understood -- such as Cantonese and Mandarin -- count as two languages.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Peace, Gene!

5 - Albanian, Swedish, Finnish, English and German.

How many do you speak yourself?

crayon
01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Just 2, english and arabic.

Grace Seeker
01-07-2009, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Peace, Gene!

I just speak 2: English and Spanish. But I hope to make it 3 by summer; I'm working hard on Turkish for a trip to Turkey to visit my daughter. I can also read Koine Greek, but nobody actually speaks it anymore.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
01-07-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I just speak 2: English and Spanish. But I hope to make it 3 by summer; I'm working hard on Turkish for a trip to Turkey to visit my daughter. I can also read Koine Greek, but nobody actually speaks it anymore.
Wow! Admirable. I like it how other people can speak "dead" languages, but wouldn't have the patience or motivation to learn one myself.

I hope you'll make it to visit your daugther! It's also easier when people around you speak just that language and you have no other choice than to learn it. But these days quite a lot of people know enough English, especially in Turkey?

*Yasmin*
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Arabic,English and Hebrew

Wyatt
01-07-2009, 09:27 PM
English, Japanese, Spanish, German.

Triumphant
01-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Spanish, English, and working on Arabic in sha Allah

-Elle-
01-07-2009, 11:26 PM
hmmm

3 very fluently AlhamdulillAh...Arabic(native tongue), french and english!

Yanal
01-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I speak Urdu, English, French, Hindi, Punjabi, and a little philippnes.

Woodrow
01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Although I speak quite a few languages I am only listing the 5 I am most comfortable in carrying on a conversation in. Although I do not write very well in any language.

English, Moroccan Arabic, Russian, Cajun French, Tex-Mex Spanish

Intisar
01-08-2009, 03:32 AM
:sl: Somali, English, Swahili.

I can't write in Swahili though, used to be able to read and write in Arabic.

Dua_e_Sehar
01-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Assalam Alaikum

Hmm....3 - Urdu, English, Hindi, lil Arabic :)

arabianprincess
01-08-2009, 05:03 AM
i can only speak arabic and english .. but as a child i learned french and then i didnt continue studyin it and i wish i had .. cuz i forgot everythin :(

Far7an
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
English, Pashto and Urdu.

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
3 for me. English, Urdu and Hindi.
But when it comes to reading, add Arabic to the list :ermm: And a bit of gujarati and Telugu[local language]
Urdu and Hindi is the same! Btw, I always thought you were Gujarati?

Re.TiReD
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

English - Read, write, converse

Urdu - Read, write, converse

Gujrati - Read, write, can understand spoken Gujrati but cant converse too well.

Arabic - Read, write, can converse a litte but very basic.

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Bangla is on the list insha'Allah soon

Faseeha
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I can speak, read and write 2 languages, English and Afrikaans

I can read and write arabic but understand very little of it

Esma
01-10-2009, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Peace, Gene!

I do speak Albanian 2, English and little bit Spanish...

Mikayeel
01-10-2009, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Although I speak quite a few languages I am only listing the 5 I am most comfortable in carrying on a conversation in. Although I do not write very well in any language.

:sl: :)

I speak 3 my self, dutch, arabic, english.

Uncle woodrow what made u learn the maroccan accent, out of all the arabic accents? Not that there is anything wrong with maroccan way but am just curious :)

Vito
01-10-2009, 05:20 AM
English and still learning Arabic.. I'm bored with English. I need to dedicate more time learning Arabic so I can start speaking it

anatolian
01-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I speak only English as a second language, and slightly German. I would want to learn Arabic, Russian, and Japanese also..One from west, one from south , one from north and one from east. :)

Woodrow
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
:sl: :)

I speak 3 my self, dutch, arabic, english.

Uncle woodrow what made u learn the maroccan accent, out of all the arabic accents? Not that there is anything wrong with maroccan way but am just curious :)
:w:

I used to live in Maroc and attended the University of Rabat for the purpose of learning conversational Arabic.

Güven
01-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Turkish , Dutch and English , And like to learn Arabic, Japanese and Malay :D

بنــuaeــت
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Bugti's talking original Arabic

Amaandma regard to literacy (English

Whatsthepoint
01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
I can speak, read and write 2 languages, English and Afrikaans

I can read and write arabic but understand very little of it
I assume you can also read Dutch.

Güven
01-10-2009, 06:06 PM
^And why is that ?

Danah
01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Arabic....read, write and converse

English....read, write and converse

Japanese.....still in my way, can start a very basic converse, although I can read hiragana characters perfectly so far alhumdulilah

Whatsthepoint
01-10-2009, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^And why is that ?
Aafrikans and Dutch are heavily related.

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
3 for me. English, Urdu and Hindi.
But when it comes to reading, add Arabic to the list :ermm: And a bit of gujarati and Telugu[local language]
Yeah but isn't spoken Urdu and Hindi basically the same? I mean speakers of both can perfectly understand each other.

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2009, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

English - Read, write, converse

Urdu - Read, write, converse

Gujrati - Read, write, can understand spoken Gujrati but cant converse too well.

Arabic - Read, write, can converse a litte but very basic.

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Bangla is on the list insha'Allah soon
Wow... I wish I could say that. I can for English:rollseyes and Arabic (read, write and converse very basically). And Urdu- conversing only. How can you read Urdu? It's impossible! Can't do it without harakaat (as you have in Arabic).

Güven
01-11-2009, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Aafrikans and Dutch are heavily related.
true but afrikaans has some (way)different grammar as dutch

Banu_Hashim
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
You can speak Hebrew? :thumbs_up I suppose it's not that different from Arabic?

Faseeha
01-11-2009, 01:48 AM
:sl:

I assume you can also read Dutch.
Dutch is quite similar to afrikaans so yeah im sure I'd be able to read it, haven't tried though

*Yasmin*
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
You can speak Hebrew? :thumbs_up
yeah ,i can

I suppose it's not that different from Arabic
not exactly,but there is so many words that similar to that in Arabic cause both of em semitic lang.
btw, Hebrew is easy to learn begin from its vecabulary to its grammar.

north_malaysian
01-12-2009, 04:36 AM
My first language is Penangite (it's like a Malay language + English + Hokkien + Arabic + Tamil)... and it's considered as a dialect of Malaysian Language....

I also can speak and write in English and Arabic (but my English is way better than my Arabic)...

I also have no problem with Indonesian Language, the differences between Malaysian and Indonesian is like between Italian and Spanish...

so... it's 4?:exhausted

بنــuaeــت
01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
هههههههههههههه

ما شاء الله اربع لغات

الله يزيدك خير

تستطيع قراءه اللغه العربي ^^

bebrave
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Turkish is my language :D English,a little Chinese :statisfie

MO783
01-12-2009, 11:28 AM

I would say 3, English, Gujrati and Urdu

maron
01-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I speak one additional language beyond my native tongue

Silver
01-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Arabic- my native language
French- I use it more than arabic (all my courses are in french).
English
Italian ( not as fluently as english and french)
I'm currently learning german.

Diesel1907
01-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Only three myself.

Gia
01-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I speak only 2 languages, English and Arabic, but I understand -partially- a few more languages, French,Italian and Hebrew I tho can't communicate using these.

edil
01-26-2009, 05:18 AM
I can speak somali, english little arabic and in progress with french

Silver
01-28-2009, 09:24 AM
I can speak somali, english little arabic and in progress with french
But isn't Somalia an arab country??

Abu Ilyas
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara

Although Somalia joined the Arab League in 1974, accords Arabic official language status, and Arabic is spoken by Somalis in commerce, religion and education, the country's primary language is Somali.

Intisar
01-28-2009, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
No, it's apart of the Arab League, but it's not.

Abu Ilyas
01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
^Well, it "was".

Intisar
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ilyas
^Well, it "was".
It's no longer apart of the Arab league?

aysegul
01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
turkish is my native language.English is second.Dutch is in the level of beginner.(left it)
now learning arabic...

Juhaina
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
my native language is german and i speak english too.

right now i m about to learn arabic but till now its not that good yet. i just know a little but insha allah it will be good one day ;)

glo
01-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I speak German (my mother tongue) and English, and a little school French.

Confused0122
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
English, Pashto, Dari, took Spanish for a year in middle school, it's my third year of Latin, and I understand urdu/hindi as a result of watching so many shows. Of course I cannot speak Spanish fluently, I've forgotten everything lol.

BintAbee
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
^I only speak one language: English. I can understand simple Afrikaans but I'm not comfortable with it. I can understand the just of a lecture, article in Arabic.

Whatsthepoint
03-07-2009, 02:55 PM
5, 3 I actually learned.

Fahiima
03-12-2009, 04:20 AM
i speak english, somali, and italian. I would love to learn arabic insha allah

islamlover_girl
03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
only Arabic and english :-[
I learned frensh in school but I didn`t continue.

Ar-RaYYan
03-29-2009, 11:18 PM
4, 3 fluently

SouljahOfAllah
03-30-2009, 09:28 AM
I speak English <-- obviously lol
and Turkish <-- but my turkish is not so good
Also trying to learn arabic <-- but learning a new language is my weak point so it gonna take a while for that :D

pvg8260
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
4 Danish, English, Somali and Arabic. And no Somalia is not an Arab country any longer it's categorized as an Islamic country.

GreyKode
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Arabic and English both fluently al hamdulillah

SouljahOfAllah
04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pvg8260
4 Danish, English, Somali and Arabic. And no Somalia is not an Arab country any longer it's categorized as an Islamic country.
Wow mashallah :eek:

Silver
04-03-2009, 10:39 AM
And no Somalia is not an Arab country any longer it's categorized as an Islamic country.
Really? Somalia is not in the arab league anymore?!

Re.TiReD
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow... I wish I could say that. I can for English:rollseyes and Arabic (read, write and converse very basically). And Urdu- conversing only. How can you read Urdu? It's impossible! Can't do it without harakaat (as you have in Arabic).
Urdu I dont think has any harakaat, ever. Unless it's a book for children and does? No idea, but when you're taught it you're taught without the harakaat so you get used to it. I think *scratches head* unless I'm mistaking it for Arabic.

But I know that when you're learning a language from scratch, the harakaat are vital. Like when doing arabic at uni, I could only read some workds without the harakaat. Can only read urdu because I'm used to it.

pvg8260
04-05-2009, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver
Really? Somalia is not in the arab league anymore?!
No not since the great war. However, some people say we are still in the arab league but i never understood why doesn't change the fact we are still at war with each other so....imsad

ayan333
04-05-2009, 02:49 AM

why wouldnt Somalia be considered a Islamic country.its almost if not 100% Muslim population.

Bint-Al-Islam
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I speak 5 languages ----> Bravanese, Swahili, English, am little ok with Somali and Arabic and am trying to learn Japanese and Spanish :)

Cern
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I really do envy all of you. I am sad to say I only speak my native language and even then not so good :D. I do wish that the American education system really pushed foreign language especially in the youth. I would love to be multi-lingual.

Banu_Hashim
04-08-2009, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inaayah
Urdu I dont think has any harakaat, ever. Unless it's a book for children and does? No idea, but when you're taught it you're taught without the harakaat so you get used to it. I think *scratches head* unless I'm mistaking it for Arabic.

But I know that when you're learning a language from scratch, the harakaat are vital. Like when doing arabic at uni, I could only read some workds without the harakaat. Can only read urdu because I'm used to it.
Yeah that was the point I was trying to say, that Urdu has no harakaat, so that's why on some of the words I find it really hard.

pvg8260
04-09-2009, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cern
I really do envy all of you. I am sad to say I only speak my native language and even then not so good :D. I do wish that the American education system really pushed foreign language especially in the youth. I would love to be multi-lingual.
truest me it's not that fun when you speak different languages in your dreams. People find it quite annoying. I move to us not that far ago and they aren't that bad. some of the children channels do try to teach Chinese <- i think thats how you spell it. As well as Mexican, they are doing far better than some of the Scandinavian counties.

Shamshīr-Amir
04-18-2009, 03:03 AM
I speak 2 different languages. I am perfect in both English and Farsi. However, I cannot read or write in Farsi.

I am fairly good in French.

But, I really want to learn Arabic. Such a beautiful language...

Strzelecki
04-18-2009, 04:10 AM
Only English fluently.
Slowly but surely mastering Arabic though Alhamdulillah.

Insha'Allah kheir.

burdenofbeing
04-18-2009, 05:29 AM
English. and to some degree Turkish. :P
I really envy people living in multilingual countries.

saba muslimah
04-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Well i speak urdu & english fluently..
but i also know Sindhi, Pashto & easily understand Punjabi "these r provinces languages"
& now m trying to learn arabic for Understand meaning Of our HOLY Book QURAN

Nihila
04-18-2009, 12:09 PM
How are the people trying to learn languages going about learning them?

I speak Urdu (Punjabi/Hindi included), English, French, Turkish, Latin fluently...Mandarin and Japanese not so fluently (Ive been known to tell people I eat flowers :S) Really need to work on that...

VizierX
04-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I speak Bengali and English. Learnt French in secondary school but I have pretty much forgotten it all.

~Raindrop~
04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I speak Hinko, English Urdu and Arabic. i sorta understand Gujarati and Bengali but im not too sure if it counts :-/

3isha
04-19-2009, 03:29 PM
English
and hindi (my native language)
and urdu
And trying to master the beautiful language of arabic, will get there 1 day inshallllah ...

A.M.H.
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Urdu , Arabic and english

Raudha
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
^I only speak one language: English. I can understand simple Afrikaans but I'm not comfortable with it. I can understand the just of a lecture, article in Arabic.
Same here...my Arabic is a bit weaker than BintAbee's though

ardianto
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Asalamullaikum, saudara, saudari.
Saya orang Indonesia yang bertempat tinggal di Pasundan, artinya 'tanah orang Sunda'. Maka, sehari-hari saya berbicara dalam dua bahasa, Indonesia dan Sunda. Saat ini saya sedang belajar bahasa Inggris. Sayang sekali saya tak punya kawan untuk berbicara dalam bahasa Inggris imsad. Tapi, setidaknya saya masih dapat berkomunikasi tulis dan baca dalam bahasa Inggris dengan anda. :)
(Indonesia)

Asalamuallaikum, akang, ceuceu.
Abdi urang Indonesia anu linggih di Pasundan, hartina 'tanaeuh urang Sunda'. Janteun, sadidinteun abdi nyarios dina dua basa, Indonesia sareung Sunda. Ayeuna abdi nuju diajar basa Inggris. Hanyakal abdi teu gaduh rencang kangge nyarios dina basa Inggris imsad. Ngan, saeunteuna abdi tiasa keneh nyeuratan sareung maos dina basa Inggris sareung anjeun. :)
(Sundanese)

Asalamuallaikum, brother, sister.
I am an Indonesian who living in Pasundan, that's means 'land of Sundanese'. So, everyday I speak in two languages, Indonesia and Sundanese. Now I am on learn English. Unfortunately I have no friend to speak in English imsad. But, at least I can make a communication in writen and read with you. :)
(Guess, what language is it ?)

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Asalamuallaikum, brother, sister.
I am an Indonesian who living in Pasundan, that's means 'land of Sundanese'. So, everyday I speak in two languages, Indonesia and Sundanese. Now I am on learn English. Unfortunately I have no friend to speak in English imsad. But, at least I can make a communication in writen and read with you. :)
(Guess, what language is it ?)
Your written English is very understandable. Many of us daily speakers do not write it that well.

convert
05-07-2009, 02:47 AM
english, spanish, and working on arabic (im at the hadha masjidun stage right now :-\ )

ardianto
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I see some brother/sister wrote : I speak Urdu and Hindi.

In exactly, what is different between Urdu and Hindi ?
I have read in my magazine, Pakistani Urdu and Indian Hindi are same language.
But Urdu is writen in Arabic and Hindi is writen in Indian alphabet.

greenshirt
05-08-2009, 05:40 AM
romani and english fluently

i can have a basic conversation in french and in spanish. but not enough to be able to get around well. though i can read a newspaper in french because there are so many cognates that using context clues it is easy to see what it is about.

example:
La fin du casting

Entre tractations de dernière minute et arbitrage de Sarkozy, l'UMP a enfin annoncé ses listes pour les européennes
then i know that "fin" means "end" and "et" means and, "de" of, etc.

it is basically saying that the UMP(whatever that is) has made a list for something. i still dont know what it is about but i know a little more than i would if it was written in spanish or some other language.

wafi
05-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Salam All

I can speak Arabic (Mother tongue) , English , Indonesian or Malaysian

its nice to have a mix race in ur family ..

thx

HopeFul
06-03-2009, 05:43 AM

I speak Urdu, English, pushto fluently, then I can read/speak french though not very fluently, having said that I d converse in it with people.and arabic reading n understanding

Banu_Hashim
06-03-2009, 05:57 AM
^ Oh cool, you speak pashto? That definitely in my additional languages to learn, along with Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic and Spanish :rollseyes.

HopeFul
06-03-2009, 06:36 AM
YUp!! Alhamdolillah I love to learn languagdes, Ive taught them to my kids too except for urdu.. InshaAllah ill teach them that one too

I think one should either learna language properly or not at all:P

just joking, but serisouly, my husband sspeaks french in his british accent and lots of times people dont understand it, having pushto as my first labguage I can pronounce all the kh n gh n jh sounds, hurray :P

same way in arabic, Haa and 'ain are much easier fo me.. Alhamdolillah

Rebel
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
2 - English and Arabic.

Banu_Hashim
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
YUp!! Alhamdolillah I love to learn languagdes, Ive taught them to my kids too except for urdu.. InshaAllah ill teach them that one too

I think one should either learna language properly or not at all:P

just joking, but serisouly, my husband sspeaks french in his british accent and lots of times people dont understand it, having pushto as my first labguage I can pronounce all the kh n gh n jh sounds, hurray :P

same way in arabic, Haa and 'ain are much easier fo me.. Alhamdolillah
Lol, kinda like me speaking in urdu with my british accent...

Is Pashto similar to Dari ?

doorster
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm completely ruined language wise. can't speak (or write) a single one properly.

so you could say I've become like Yiddish speakers, my new language is "Arab-urd-lish" (its not Arabic, not Urdu, Not English) all 3 blended pidgin style.

HopeFul
06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Lol, kinda like me speaking in urdu with my british accent...

Is Pashto similar to Dari ?
Unfortunately I dont know anything about dari language so i don't know if it's similar or not.

Alhamdolillah i can manage birmingham accent ( yeah gradma style) with perfect urdu n pushto and french n specifically Arabic, Alhamdolillah, subhanAllah. I am blessed. Although when I am angry or emotional, I can only manage pushto, that's when the kids know things are getting serious and they MUSt listen now:p:p

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I speak 1 and a half, I speak english and abit of mirpuri.

I can only understand mirpuri cos I stopped speaking it as I was growing up so now I jus understand it and at our relatives houses when they ask me questions I just nodd my head to their questions lol

Zafran
06-04-2009, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I speak 1 and a half, I speak english and abit of mirpuri.

I can only understand mirpuri cos I stopped speaking it as I was growing up so now I jus understand it and at our relatives houses when they ask me questions I just nodd my head to their questions lol
salaam

same here - although i can ask questions and reply with yes/no/I dont know lol

peace

Salahudeen
06-05-2009, 12:02 AM
lol that's what I do too the only questions I can ask are "how are u" jus general stuff if the conversation went deep I'd have no clue lol

Clover
06-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Just my native language (English) but I am planning on learning, if I go to Pakistan Punjabi, if I go to Iraq Arabic. Also, in the Army, they teach you a lot of Farci.

Banu_Hashim
06-05-2009, 06:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
Unfortunately I dont know anything about dari language so i don't know if it's similar or not.

Alhamdolillah i can manage birmingham accent ( yeah gradma style) with perfect urdu n pushto and french n specifically Arabic, Alhamdolillah, subhanAllah. I am blessed. Although when I am angry or emotional, I can only manage pushto, that's when the kids know things are getting serious and they MUSt listen now:p:p
I can sympathise with your kids asI know the feeling :p

Lejla
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM

I speak Bosnian and English, and read Arabic :D

Can someone please explain what does Urdu mean? I know I could google it, but I would like some simple one-sentence explanation :D

Sister_Zee
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM

I speak Arabic and English and French comes out after a lot of effort.

Urdu is the language spoken in Pakistan and also in India and Fiji.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urdu

s3ns3l3ss p3ace
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
3 1/2 :D english, german, turkish, a bit french

Yanal
06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I speak many.

Hejazy .
07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Hmm... 3 language ,, English .. Arabic .. french a little

Aleena
07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Four languages: Pashto, Farsi (Dari), English and Russian.

Zafran
07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Can someone please explain what does Urdu mean? I know I could google it, but I would like some simple one-sentence explanation
Its a language spoken in Pakistan.

Brasco
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Mother tongue: Kurdish. Beside that I can speak German fluently! Arabic! French! and English :D

KiWi
07-26-2009, 05:53 PM
english, swahili, barawa, arabic n spanish a lil
i can understand somali a lil but have trouble replying

alcurad
07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
^that's really cool, is Somali close to Arabic at all btw?

KiWi
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
there're few word/phrases that r similar

Clover
07-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I only know English, my native tongue, but I will also be learning German, and when I join up, probably Dari.

Faye
07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Urdu, English and Arabic I can speak. I can understand Punjabi and Pushto (a little), but have trouble replying.

Banu_Hashim
07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
The only language I speak completely fluently is English. I dream in English. So, I guess people who are native speakers of other languages dream in other languages. That seems so weird to me. Dunno why.

Wang Dongsheng
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
3, Chinese, English, and a little bit Malayu, because I study in Malaysia, UMS.

Somaiyah
08-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Salam,
Swedish and English I speak the same good. Then I can also speak French, German and Spanish. After that just a little Russian and Latin too, but Latin you don't speak very normally just in poems and similar things. Then I can also understand Danish and Norwegian since they are so similar to Swedish.
So I voted the highest lol...

Caller الداعي
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
4 pushtu english arabc urdu and bit of persian

MMohammed
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Urdu, English, Arabic(20 %; can only read)..

Rasema
08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa baraktoh

I speak Bosnian, English,and Spanish. Spanish came naturally,naturalmente. :)

My goal is to learn Arabic,InshAllah, once I get older and have more options with life.

Nora.
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
My first language is Arabic
so I speak,read,write and listen

any question about Arabic I'm ready to help :)

and the second language is English :)

Rasema
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nora.
My first language is Arabic
so I speak,read,write and listen

any question about Arabic I'm ready to help :)

and the second language is English :)

MasAllah!! You're so lucky. Allah,spw, chose Arabic for us.

Here we go:

I'm not asking so that you translate Al-Fatiha directly word for word. I just want to know the words used in it.

Allhamdulillah means Praise be to Allah

Hi ?

Rabbil?

Alemin means Lord of the worlds.

Ar- Rahman

Ar?

Rahman means merciful

i? does i mean and?

Rahim? benefacent?

Malik means owner or king?

ja?

umidin?

and so on

THANK YOU SO MUCH SISTER NURAAAAAA

HumbleServant
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
English, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi, basic Gujjarati i.e. kem cho, and basic pashto i.e. 'vayy dayr khashta de' and if anybody needs to learn Chinese then my chinese neighbours will help u!:P

bibish
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I speak English (native), French and Italian fluently, have basic Spanish and am going to start learning Arabic in September!

Nora.
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank you sis

for the translation
this site will help you a lot
http://quran.uk.net/QuranDictionary.aspx?root=A

Rabbil?

Alemin means Lord of the worlds.
رب العالمين
Rab Al-a'alameen

رب means Lord
العالمين means of the world

Ar- Rahman

Ar?
الرحمن
Al-rahman
al- is the article in Arabic
means The

i? does i mean and?
الرحيم
al-Raheem

as i told you( Al )used as an article

no it doesn't hun
it means (حركات) harakat
the spelling is still the same but the way that you pronounce the word
like the word
كِتَابُكِ
it pronounces ketabokee
كِتَابَكْ
it pronounces ketabak

Malik means owner or king?

ja?

umidin?

umidin
يوم الدين

I hope you you get it :)

Ramadhan
08-20-2009, 04:52 AM
I speak Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese, English all at native level
I read Qur'anic Arabic and I understand Dutch a little bit

Mohamed_
08-20-2009, 09:20 AM
My native language is Hungarian, but I speak English and little bit Dutch.

But I hope I can start to learn Arabic soon -insallah. Arabic is on my favorite languages, so I'd really like to learn it as soon as possible! :)

Duhaa786M
08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Afrikaans, English, Xhosa, and Arabic I can speak most well not excellent.

ajr
11-16-2015, 04:07 PM
English, Afrikaans, Indo (well only a few words- ancestry Indonesian altho the generation never cared to keep the language alive...sigh westernizedimsad

AhmedGassama
11-16-2015, 04:53 PM
I speak Arabic, French, English & Spanish

I believe as more you learn languages as more you be open to the world.
And as more you be open to the world as more you become a peaceful and an understanding person

That is why most of the fanatics speak only their own languages or one more...

ardianto
11-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Kumargi abdi linggih di Pasundan, nya abdi teh keudah tiasa nyarios Sunda, atuh
(Since I live in the land of Sundanese I have to be able to speak Sundanese).

Yeah, beside Indonesian and English, I speak the local language, Sundanese.

:)

The-Deist
11-23-2015, 01:27 AM

Salut, cava. Kaif haalek? Kullish bi kheir?

Woodrow
11-27-2015, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Salut, cava. Kaif haalek? Kullish bi kheir?
Sehr Danke, Fine, Al hamdulillah, Prosto prekrasno , spasibo

crimsontide06
11-27-2015, 11:55 PM
I know a couple of words of Spanish & a couple of words of Arabic..

I can count to 10 in Spanish..

DanEdge
12-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Greetings,

You folks are amazing! It's rare to meet anyone is the US who speaks more than two languages (usually English and Spanish). Anyone out there speak sign language? My lady was raised with ASL as a first language, and she's trying to teach to teach it to me...

--Dan Edge

umairlooms
12-17-2015, 09:17 AM

urdu, english, punjabi

Hamza :)
12-17-2015, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms

urdu, english, punjabi
Where u from? uk?

sister herb
12-17-2015, 11:43 AM
My own language of course (Finnish), some Swedish (it´s the second official language here), English, Arabic (not much), French (just little). I think it makes 5.

The-Deist
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
My own language of course (Finnish), some Swedish (it´s the second official language here), English, Arabic (not much), French (just little). I think it makes 5.
Vainsuomijutut

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 06:24 PM
English, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali (not as fluent as I used to be) and a little Dutch. And I can read Arabic.

Aaqib
01-19-2016, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mehnaaz
English, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali (not as fluent as I used to be) and a little Dutch. And I can read Arabic.
Je spreekt Nederlands heel slecht? :p

English, little Dutch and Danish

Scimitar
01-19-2016, 09:42 PM
I speak four languages.

Krsto
01-20-2016, 03:39 AM
"Conversation" would be severely limited (though I have had to in German out of necessity) but I have learned besides my native tongue: Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish and German, and read a little koine Greek and Latin. I also know a little Macedonian. His name is Vladimir ha ha :)

Krsto
01-20-2016, 03:45 AM
"Conversation" would be severely limited (though I have had to in German out of necessity) but I have learned besides my native tongue: Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish and German, and read a little koine Greek and Latin. I also know a little Macedonian. His name is Vladimir ha ha :)

BilalKid
01-20-2016, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
I speak four languages.
what they are?

Mehnaaz
01-20-2016, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Je spreekt Nederlands heel slecht? :p

English, little Dutch and Danish
Mijn Nederlands is niet so goed. Vroeger was ik beter! :)

Scimitar
01-20-2016, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
what they are?
English obviously,

Hindi, Urdu and Gujurati... more or less fluently.

Aaqib
01-21-2016, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mehnaaz
Mijn Nederlands is niet so goed. Vroeger was ik beter! :)
Oh, Ik zie. Je wil naar spreek Nederlands goed?

Aaqib
01-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Or is it "Je wil Nederlands goed spreek"

Umm Malik
02-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Arabic english french a little bit and Spanish greetings so 3 alhamdoulillah soon will be 4 inshaalah ..

Snow
02-03-2016, 07:05 PM
I speak a couple but understand some others.

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 10:28 AM
5 in total

German
1 Scandinavian language
Arabic
one more Middle-Eastern language
English

The-Deist
02-04-2016, 10:35 AM
@Asiyah3 what are the Scandinavian and Middle Eastern languages?

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 10:43 AM
@Asiyah3 what are the Scandinavian and Middle Eastern languages?
Generally speaking according to my information Scandinavian languages include Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish.
Middle-Eastern language include Arabic, Turkish, Iranian and Kurdish

The-Deist
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
@Asiyah3 Which ones do you speak?

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 10:56 AM
@Asiyah3 Which ones do you speak?
I've been both to Sweden and Finland...

The-Deist
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
But which do you speak?

sister herb
02-04-2016, 11:49 AM
^ Inte vara nyfiken/Älä ole utelias/Don´t be curious - if she doesn´t want to tell. :shade:

al-Andalusi
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, German and Esperanto, and can hold a coherent conversation in Norwegian, Dutch, and Irish Gaelic.

I have decent knowledge in Turkish, Welsh and if forced to I could probably be able to figure things out with a Portuguese or Swedish speaker, but I wouldn't count these among languages I can speak.

Serinity
02-19-2016, 06:12 PM
4 languages.

Very strong in 2, the other I am strong in, but I can easily upgrade it.. the 4th.. Kinda.. If I am serious.

Rapunzel
02-20-2016, 02:39 AM
I speak Dutch, Tamazight (Maroccain) and English fluently.
Over the last couple of months I've also learned to speak and understand Arabic (due to my work with Syrian refugees). And also speak some basic words in Turkish.

The-Deist
02-20-2016, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel
I speak Dutch, Tamazight (Maroccain) and English fluently.
Over the last couple of months I've also learned to speak and understand Arabic (due to my work with Syrian refugees). And also speak some basic words in Turkish.
Tamazight! My Grandmas partly from there but I don't know the language :(

Rapunzel
02-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Tamazight! My Grandmas partly from there but I don't know the language :(
Interesting! So, what's you're background? And what languages do you do speak?

The-Deist
02-20-2016, 07:02 AM
I am not sure where my Grandpa from dads side is but Grandma is Kabyle and Tamazight. Moms side they are supposedly Tatar, German, and Finnish. I speak English, Finnish and Derija. Would have been so cool if I knew any of the Azemaght languages!

Rapunzel
02-20-2016, 07:38 AM
Wow, that's so cool!

If you already speak Derija, you'd probably understand most of the Tamazight language. It's quite similar (depending on the dialect).

The-Deist
02-21-2016, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel
Wow, that's so cool!

If you already speak Derija, you'd probably understand most of the Tamazight language. It's quite similar (depending on the dialect).
Write a sentence in Tamazight. Let me see if I understand something.

TotalSubmission
02-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Do programming languages count? :D

anatolian
02-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Turkish my native tongue, English not bad and a little French

Abz2000
02-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Almost all languages of the world.......when i've got an internet connection and google translate,
otherwise two native, and two/three sort of.
Btw, one of the first two also includes english, american, canadian, australian, and a few more so that's more on my cv.

anatolian
02-28-2016, 10:27 PM
We hope one day google translate will reach that level but it is far from being that currently really..

umairlooms
03-19-2016, 01:31 PM
pakistan

Souljette
03-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, English little bit of Spanish, French, read and write Arabic speak little

sofianeabi
03-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Swedish, French, English and Arabic

Moshy
03-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Urdu and English [emoji1]

noraina
03-21-2016, 11:36 AM
I am most fluent in English. Urdu and Farsi I know fairly well and Arabic inshaAllah I'm learning.

Yahya.
04-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Turkish, German, English and Arabic (probably A1 or A2)

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Asalamualykum,

If there is a sister who knows Arabic, resides in the UK and is willing to teach me Arabic i will eternally be grateful.

We can converse over the phone as location may be a problem.

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 04:35 AM
A lot of people speaking Spanish!!! I'm happy. ^_^

I speak Spanish, French, English, Brazilian Portuguese and (some) Italian. I can read Latin ^___^

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-Andalusi
I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, German and Esperanto, and can hold a coherent conversation in Norwegian, Dutch, and Irish Gaelic.

I have decent knowledge in Turkish, Welsh and if forced to I could probably be able to figure things out with a Portuguese or Swedish speaker, but I wouldn't count these among languages I can speak.
C'est incroyable, comment avez-vous apprend tout ça? Je sais que ma grammaire c'est horrible, mais.... on doit pratique c'est tout ;D;D;D;D

al-Andalusi
04-17-2016, 05:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
C'est incroyable, comment avez-vous apprend tout ça? Je sais que ma grammaire c'est horrible, mais.... on doit pratique c'est tout ;D;D;D;D
J'ai beaucoup d'amour pour les langues :D

I started studying languages as a kid in my spare time, and over the years it turned into an obsession, which lead to me acquiring many languages very quickly.

J'étudiai le français pour 5 ans en lycée, et j'ai conservé presque de las information que mon professeur me a apprend.

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 05:43 AM
J'ai beaucoup d'amour pour les langues :D

I started studying languages as a kid in my spare time, and over the years it turned into an obsession, which lead to me acquiring many languages very quickly.

J'étudiai le français pour 5 ans en lycée, et j'ai conservé presque de las information que mon professeur me a apprend.
Que es el Esperanto?? suena como algo que viene de España, pero no se de donde viene :statisfie pero cual es tu lengua madre? :P

al-Andalusi
04-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Que es el Esperanto?? suena como algo que viene de España, pero no se de donde viene :statisfie pero cual es tu lengua madre? :P
Esperato es una lengua artificial que fue creado en Polonia par L.L Zamehoff ser una lengua internacional. Es muy facil apprendar, yo apprendido en 2 semana actualmente. Mia lengua materna es Inglés, mis padres no querían por me apprendar Español, porque pensaron que en America, nosotros deberíamos hablar Inglés :(

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Esperato es una lengua artificial que fue creado en Polonia par L.L Zamehoff ser una lengua internacional. Es muy facil apprendar, yo apprendido en 2 semana actualmente. Mia lengua materna es Inglés, mis padres no querían por me apprendar Español, porque pensaron que en America, nosotros deberíamos hablar Inglés :(
Ahh que lastima! Cuantas personas hablan Esperanto? Suena super rara jajajaja, como algo latino definitivamente :P claro que casi todo el mundo esta hablando español de alguna o otra forma ;D en la casa yo hablo español, porque o si no me castigan imsad. Cuéntame, naciste en los estados unidos?

p.s hablemos en tu otra pagina, para que no se molesten los chicos/chicas de aquí :D

Serinity
04-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Ahh que lastima! Cuantas personas hablan Esperanto? Suena super rara jajajaja, como algo latino definitivamente :P claro que casi todo el mundo esta hablando español de alguna o otra forma ;D en la casa yo hablo español, porque o si no me castigan imsad. Cuéntame, naciste en los estados unidos?

p.s hablemos en tu otra pagina, para que no se molesten los chicos/chicas de aquí :D
Dw, I am using google translate. I can understand you guys, kinda.

here I go:

Aquí estoy, utilizando el traductor de google. Tal vez ustedes pueden entender? Suena como una mezcla de japonés y francés.

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Dw, I am using google translate. I can understand you guys, kinda.

here I go:

Aquí estoy, utilizando el traductor de google. Tal vez ustedes pueden entender? Suena como una mezcla de japonés y francés.
Que suena como francés y japonés? La traducción? [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Serinity
04-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Que suena como francés y japonés? La traducción? [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]
No, el español es lo que suena como francés y japonés (a causa de la "desu ka ka ke tsu y así sucesivamente - sonidos similares a los españoles un poco, o similar).

No, Spanish is what sounds like French and Japanese ( because of the "desu ka ke ka tsu and so on - sounds like spanish - or similar.)

noraina
04-17-2016, 12:34 PM
I want to learn French one day, inshaAllah, and Dutch! I learnt it at primary school but then I forgot :(

To learn a language is to learn an entire culture. Let me get Arabic and Farsi out of the way first :exhausted

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 12:34 PM
No, el español es lo que suena como francés y japonés (a causa de la "desu ka ka ke tsu y así sucesivamente - sonidos similares a los españoles un poco, o similar).

No, Spanish is what sounds like French and Japanese ( because of the "desu ka ke ka tsu and so on - sounds like spanish - or similar.)
Jajaja ya entiendo porque es fácil que los españoles aprendan japonés cuando viajan [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Serinity
04-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Jajaja ya entiendo porque es fácil que los españoles aprendan japonés cuando viajan [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]
¿Estás diciendo que es fácil de aprender japonés al viajar debido a las similitudes? Si es así, entonces yo tengo que decir, ¿cómo? Es decir, el japonés se ve mucho más diferente que el español, aunque en el habla, suena similar. sonidos del español más duras, y los sonidos japoneses más suave. Creo.

Does the translation sound broken?

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 12:49 PM
¿Estás diciendo que es fácil de aprender japonés al viajar debido a las similitudes? Si es así, entonces yo tengo que decir, ¿cómo? Es decir, el japonés se ve mucho más diferente que el español, aunque en el habla, suena similar. sonidos del español más duras, y los sonidos japoneses más suave. Creo.
Que yo sepa. Hay muchos latinos y españoles en Japón. Y es más fácil. Porque el español se dice como se escribe. Y puede ser que el japonés sea duro de escribir pero no para hablarlo. Nos toca ver mucho anime jajajajjaja [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Serinity
04-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Que yo sepa. Hay muchos latinos y españoles en Japón. Y es más fácil. Porque el español se dice como se escribe. Y puede ser que el japonés sea duro de escribir pero no para hablarlo. Nos toca ver mucho anime jajajajjaja [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]
Así que estás de acuerdo conmigo? Japonés y español pueden tener algo en común,pero a la inversa, ¿verdad? Español se dice como está escrito, ¿verdad?
¿La traducción suena roto? ¿Ves anime? Lo que odio de anime es la Kufr en ella.

¿Ves anime? ¿Cómo suena japonesa para usted?

Does 'la' in Spanish mean the? Or is it 'le'? Which?

Serinity
04-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Lets see:

English:

I am speaking whatever language I am
speaking right now!

Deutsch:

Ich spreche, was Sprache, die ich bin
Sprechen jetzt!

French:

Je parle français maintenant!

Spanish:

Estoy hablando español en este momento!

Latin:

Nunc Latine loquor!

*With Google Translator*

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Así que estás de acuerdo conmigo? Japonés y español pueden tener algo en común,pero a la inversa, ¿verdad? Español se dice como está escrito, ¿verdad?
¿La traducción suena roto? ¿Ves anime? Lo que odio de anime es la Kufr en ella.

¿Ves anime? ¿Cómo suena japonesa para usted?

Does 'la' in Spanish mean the? Or is it 'le'? Which?
La es para las cosas que son femeninas. La casa. La dueña. La madre. Es diferente a el padre. Lol

Serinity
04-17-2016, 06:09 PM
La es para las cosas que son femeninas. La casa. La dueña. La madre. Es diferente a el padre. Lol
Estoy empezando a conseguir la caída de españoles. Hay palabras que reconocibles (que parecen similares - por ejemplo, "diferente" suena / mira por igual :)).

Entonces, ¿Cómo se diferencian con los elementos? Como sé, padre, hijo, tío. etc. suena 'masculina'. y la madre, la hija y su tía sonidos "hembra".

Pero en cuanto a los elementos que supongo que es diferente? Al igual que "él, ella, ello"

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Estoy empezando a conseguir la caída de españoles. Hay palabras que reconocibles (que parecen similares - por ejemplo, "diferente" suena / mira por igual :)).

Entonces, ¿Cómo se diferencian con los elementos? Como sé, padre, hijo, tío. etc. suena 'masculina'. y la madre, la hija y su tía sonidos "hembra".

Pero en cuanto a los elementos que supongo que es diferente? Al igual que "él, ella, ello"
Hahahaha de verdad. Yo no sé. Para mí es natural entonces no pienso cuando hablo. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

La mayoría del tiempo. Cuando termina en (a) es femenina. Cuando termina en (o) y (e) es masculino. Por ejemplo.

El hijo. El padre. La madre. La hija. [emoji5]
El carro. La camioneta.

La plata. El dinero. El oro, el diamante. Los (masculino) diamantes.

Ella quiere salir a la casa de la amiga.
Ellos quieren salir (masculino plural)
Ellas quieren salir (femenino plural)
Él quiere salir.

El español cambia depende en donde estés y con quién hablas. Unas cosas son iguales. Como la ortografía básica. Pero el resto dependen de la gente.

[emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Serinity
04-17-2016, 07:22 PM
Hahahaha de verdad. Yo no sé. Para mí es natural entonces no pienso cuando hablo. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

La mayoría del tiempo. Cuando termina en (a) es femenina. Cuando termina en (o) y (e) es masculino. Por ejemplo.

El hijo. El padre. La madre. La hija. [emoji5]
El carro. La camioneta.

La plata. El dinero. El oro, el diamante. Los (masculino) diamantes.

Ella quiere salir a la casa de la amiga.
Ellos quieren salir (masculino plural)
Ellas quieren salir (femenino plural)
Él quiere salir.

El español cambia depende en donde estés y con quién hablas. Unas cosas son iguales. Como la ortografía básica. Pero el resto dependen de la gente.

[emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
Eh, los fallos gramaticales. jaja. ¿Se puede realmente entender lo que estoy escribiendo? Estoy usando el traductor de Google.
Puedo hablar Inglés con fluidez, Albanisch la mitad / mitad. Depende .. aunque es la lengua de mi madre.
¿Cuántos idiomas sabes?

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Eh, los fallos gramaticales. jaja. ¿Se puede realmente entender lo que estoy escribiendo? Estoy usando el traductor de Google.
Puedo hablar Inglés con fluidez, Albanisch la mitad / mitad. Depende .. aunque es la lengua de mi madre.
¿Cuántos idiomas sabes?
Hahahha si se puede pero suena como "gringo" jajajajjaja hablo español. Francés. Inglés. Portugués de Brasil y un poco de italiano.

Serinity
04-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Hahahha si se puede pero suena como "gringo" jajajajjaja hablo español. Francés. Inglés. Portugués de Brasil y un poco de italiano.
¿Puede usted realmente me entiende? Es terrible la gramática? ¿Cómo es una estructura de la oración?

In English it is:

The dog is very hungry. [noun] [verb] [adverb] [adjective]

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 07:47 PM
¿Puede usted realmente me entiende? Es terrible la gramática? ¿Cómo es una estructura de la oración?

In English it is:

The dog is very hungry. [noun] [verb] [adverb] [adjective]
Hahaha si te entiendo pero no suena natural. [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Serinity
04-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Hahaha si te entiendo pero no suena natural. [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]
Yo lo sabía, yo estoy usando Google traducir! Jajajaja.

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Yo lo sabía, yo estoy usando Google traducir! Jajajaja.

Jajaja si se nota :P

Serinity
04-17-2016, 08:30 PM
Jajaja si se nota :P
Vamos a tratar de hablar francés!

Essayons de parler français!

Bhabha
04-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Vamos a tratar de hablar francés!

Essayons de parler français!
D'accord si tu veux aussi tu peux installé la clave français pour votre cel. J'ai l'iPhone et j'ai installe français. Donc quand je parle l'iPhone fait la correction des mots jajajaja

Serinity
04-18-2016, 06:14 AM
D'accord si tu veux aussi tu peux installé la clave français pour votre cel. J'ai l'iPhone et j'ai installe français. Donc quand je parle l'iPhone fait la correction des mots jajajaja
Le problème est, je ne sais pas français. Même avec l'espagnol. j'utilise un traducteur. :D

Hamza :)
04-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Learning languages is hard yet so cool

noraina
04-18-2016, 12:58 PM
A major benefit is being able to switch languages when you do not want anyone to catch your conversation. I have put this to use so many times on public transport or in a waiting room somewhere when people just love to eavesdrop on what you are saying on the phone. :D

Serinity
04-18-2016, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
A major benefit is being able to switch languages when you do not want anyone to catch your conversation. I have put this to use so many times on public transport or in a waiting room somewhere when people just love to eavesdrop on what you are saying on the phone. :D
:salam:

If I may have your permission, I will try to use google translate to translate this post into:

French:

Un avantage majeur est d'être capable de changer de langue quand vous ne voulez pas que quelqu'un pour attraper votre conversation. J'ai mis cela à utiliser tant de fois sur les transports en commun ou dans une salle d'attente quelque part quand les gens aiment juste pour espionner ce que vous dites sur le téléphone.

Spanish:

Una ventaja importante es ser capaz de cambiar de idioma cuando no quiere que nadie para tomar su conversación. He puesto esto para usar tantas veces en el transporte público o en una sala de espera en algún lugar cuando la gente les encanta escuchar a escondidas lo que está diciendo en el teléfono.

Italian:

Uno dei principali vantaggi è la possibilità di passare da una lingua quando non si vuole a chiunque di prendere la conversazione. Ho messo questo per usare tante volte sui mezzi pubblici o in una sala d'attesa da qualche parte quando la gente solo l'amore per origliare quello che stai dicendo al telefono.

German:

Ein großer Vorteil ist die Möglichkeit, die Sprache zu wechseln, wenn Sie jemand nicht wollen, das Gespräch zu fangen. Ich habe dies so viele Male mit den öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln oder in einem Wartezimmer irgendwo zum Einsatz, wenn die Leute nur die Liebe auf zu belauschen, was Sie am Telefon sagen.
Here goes!

noraina
04-18-2016, 03:58 PM
That is quite interesting actually, I suppose you can really the similarities, despite the differences, between many languages, in terms of grammar and vocabulary, with things like this.

As someone who is completely ignorant of the basics of any of these languages, French is the most similar and as for the German, I cannot understand a word. :D

Serinity
04-18-2016, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
That is quite interesting actually, I suppose you can really the similarities, despite the differences, between many languages, in terms of grammar and vocabulary, with things like this.

As someone who is completely ignorant of the basics of any of these languages, French is the most similar and as for the German, I cannot understand a word. :D
The French language has some English words, as for German, I can understand it, cuz I had it for 3 years. :D

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 06:27 AM
The funny things with languages. I remember waiting for the bus a while ago in the summer and I had on my abaya. A Spanish family looks at me all weird, I know they're Spanish because they talk. Then the mother says to the son, "Espero que nunca te cases con algo así" translated into "I hope that I never see you marry something like that". I smile, then I turn to the little boy inside of the mother's carriage, she gives me that "smile" thinking I did not know what they were saying and I said to the little boy "Tan lindo el bebe" translated into "How beautiful the baby" and I walk away....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mazpop
05-19-2016, 11:37 PM
I speak Bosnian and English Fluenty. need help on my Arabic thou.

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
Wow mashallah I would love to speak Hebrew !! Inshallah ta'ala

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Mashallah !! May Allah grant you good knowledge

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu !!

* Moroccan Arabic -read , write, converse.
* Arabic- read , write (a bit ) , converse ( a bit ) .
* Spanish read , write , and converse . I live in Spain .
* Bereber - I just know how to converse because it's like a forgotten language . And its a language that is spoken in the Atlas of Morocco ( RIF) . I've learnt it because my dad and mum speak it and that's how I no .
* English- read , write , converse ( I'm still learning. That's one of the reasons I've joined the forum alhamdulillah and inshallah I'll improve my English ) .

Would love to learn Hebrew ( i think it's similar to Arabic ? ) and Malaysian inshallah but by now I have no idea .

honestlymaymuna
07-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Masha'Allah, you're blessed :) I speak at the moment 4 languages i guess. Quranic arabic, somali, spanish, and english as my mother tongue. Interested in: kiswahili too though :/

STN
07-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Pashto (fluent)
Urdu (fluent)
English ( i can speak in it with Americans/english people but have to resort to uhm, ahem every once in a while )
Arabic (can recite Holy Quran but that's about it)

My language skills suck, i can understand science in a matter of minutes but learning new language is the most difficult task for me. I really wish to learn arabic so i could read Holy Quran without resorting to translations.

MuhammadHamza1
07-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Urdu
English
Punjabi
Arabic( I cannot form sentences.But I do not need translation for most of Quran and Hadiths or even if someone speaks it,As I have not learned it from any teacher or class,but learned Arabic by listening to Quran again and again while looking at its translation at the same time)

L a n a
07-10-2017, 01:40 AM
-I only know English fluently (along with Jamaican Patois, though this is just a dialect of English).
-I'm currently learning French (I can read it much better than I can speak it, and my listening comprehension skills needs a lot of work).
-I plan on learning Spanish, Hebrew, and Mandarin Chinese...eventually.

space
01-22-2018, 12:52 PM
Chechen
Russian
English
Nederdeutsch

فصيح الياسين
01-23-2018, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by STN
Pashto (fluent)
Urdu (fluent)
English ( i can speak in it with Americans/english people but have to resort to uhm, ahem every once in a while )
Arabic (can recite Holy Quran but that's about it)

My language skills suck, i can understand science in a matter of minutes but learning new language is the most difficult task for me. I really wish to learn arabic so i could read Holy Quran without resorting to translations.
Pashtoo mashallah kher sha baya kho

فصيح الياسين
01-23-2018, 06:01 AM
Let me see how much i speak

Arabic full

Urdu full

English full

Hindko full

Pushto full

Panjabi can understand and speak a bit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.