/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some advice maybe? please

anonymous
01-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Hello and Asalaamakayum wa rahmatulahi wabarakathu

I need some advice brothers and sisters,

Because i have been folding my lower garment above my ankles and people in my college are laughing at me and also mocking etc... I tell them its a religious thing and its the way our Prophet Muhammed told us to but still.

its kind of getting to me any advice please thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
:w:

Be patient, don't get discouraged u are on the straight path.
Imagine wat the prophet (saw) n the sahabas had to go through?

Indeed, those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed (Al-Mutaffifin 83/29).

aadil77
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ng-ankles.html

Brother personally, I don't think its neccessary. We aren't in a society where where having garments below the ankles shows pride

IbnAbdulHakim
01-07-2009, 10:17 PM
akhee dont even let yourself think about pleasing other then Allaah.

those gigglers and mockers dont deserve the time of day*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Triumphant
01-07-2009, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Brother personally, I don't think its neccessary. We aren't in a society where where having garments below the ankles shows pride

I totally agree, growing up I would buy big pants to show pride, but I've got rid of excessive baggy pants, I wear levi jeans and they are below my ankles.
May Allah SWT have mercy on me if I'm in the wrong.

Hamayun
01-08-2009, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

I agree with the Brother...

Ummu Sufyaan
01-08-2009, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Hello and Asalaamakayum wa rahmatulahi wabarakathu

I need some advice brothers and sisters,

Because i have been folding my lower garment above my ankles and people in my college are laughing at me and also mocking etc... I tell them its a religious thing and its the way our Prophet Muhammed told us to but still.

its kind of getting to me any advice please thank you.
firstly, i wouldn't worry too much inshallah. people are always going to judge you in one way or another.

secondly, its okay to wear your lower garment at the same level of the ankles, as long as its not below the ankles.

He (Ibn Uthaymeen) —may Allah have mercy on him—also said in al-baabil-Maftooh meetings, answering a question regarding the matter:

Question: If the Izaar is right at the level of the ankles, then is this Isbaal?
Answer: If the Izaar, Qamees, Mishlah (i.e. cloak), or Sirwaal is right at the level of the ankles, then no, this is not considered Isbaal. However, the Isbaal is that goes below the ankles just as it was mentioned in the hadeeth: "The part of an Izaar which hangs below the ankles is in the Fire". (151/19 Transcribed from a recording by islamweb.net)
^my brother does that when he goes to work. works for him.

MO783
01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
:sl:

Brother dont worry

nebula
01-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I think what some brothers are saying is completely wrong...

I see a lot of brothers not folding their trousers above their ankles.. and making reasons up blah blah...

Its haraam to have it below the ankles and you all know that.

You cant change Islam to suit your selfs you have to follow it correctly

doorster
01-08-2009, 02:37 PM
then there are those who wear the bottoms of their trousers cut short and strut around with as much pride and arrogance (if not more), as the pagans of Jahiliyya (pride and arrogance as meant by the very Ahadees they claim to follow).
wa salam alaikum

edit:

"....men should keep their trousers a little bit above the ankles, and it may be lengthened till the ankles, but below the ankles is forbidden if it implies showing-off; if not, lengthening in this case is just makruh (blameworthy), especially if it drags on filth.

The eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Dr. Yusuf Al-Qaradawi , states:

"The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Eat and drink (from what is lawful), wear garments, and give charity without extravagance or showing-off." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

In this hadith the centre point is 'extravagance and showing-off'. Thus, one should avoid both things in all affairs. This is based on many Prophetic sayings narrated in this respect. One of them is: “Wearing whatever is below the ankles may drive one to Hell”.

The theme of this hadith is applied to both the hands and the legs and covers all of what is worn on them, like trousers, garments, etc.

Al-Bukhari and Muslim also reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whoever drags his garment on the ground, as a show-off attitude, will never behold Allah on Doomsday". Thereupon, Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) said to the Prophet: “O Allah’s Messenger! My garment is somehow long but I manage to keep it from dragging." The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “You are not known for showing-off". Thus, showing-off is a form of arrogance and vain glory.
(Narrated by Al-Bukhari)
Therefore, men should keep their trousers a little bit above the ankles, and it may be lengthened till the ankles, but below the ankles is forbidden if it implies showing-off; if not, lengthening in this case is just makruh (blameworthy), especially if it drags on filth.

As for women, they are allowed to wear long dresses that overlap their ankles, in order to cover their whole body."

You can also read:

Islamic Dress Code for Men

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact http://www.islamonline.net May Allah guide us all to the straight path! "

Allah Almighty knows best.

edit

By Dr. Yusuf Al-Qaradawi
President, the International Union for Muslim Scholars — Qatar

In order to have a correct understanding of the Sunnah, all the authentic hadiths on the same subject must be collected so that the ambiguous among them can be understood in light of the clear, the unrestricted in light of the restricted, and the general in light of the specific. In this way, the intended meanings of hadiths would be clear, and no contradiction would be assumed among them. If it is established that the Sunnah explains the Qur'an, detailing its generalities and clarifying its ambiguities, then the Sunnah, with greater reason, should be referred to for explaining and understanding the Sunnah itself.

click >> to continue reading this very important article

noorseeker
01-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Ive been doing it for a few weeks now,.\\ When you feel the winter breeze on your ankles, you just remind yourself, this cold breeze of this world is a protection from the fire of the next.

But now the thing is the opposite i get feelings of look at me , im folding my trousers up,im good. so am i being proud there.

i walked into a islamic book shop, and i wanted some brothers to see my garms were raised.

i hate feelings of riya, is this a satanic whisper

doorster
01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
is this a satanic whisper
read the first paragraph of post above yours

Zamtsa
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Wear socks is okay. And about wearing the trousers above ankle. What is the best? The best is to wear the trouser which cover the half of the calves. So never give up to people's opinion. Infact you should cut it or make a trouser which is shorter than usual. In Mukhtashar Al Bukhari no.144 Rasulullah said "... and we are forbade to nakfita our garments and hair.
Note: Nakfita from Al Kaftu said Ibnul Atsir in An Nihayah "Kaftuts tsiyaab is gathering our garment (folding our garment) (4/184)."

Furthermore, people like to waste too many fabrics on garments and they like to produce "syuhrah," garments for fame or which disclose aurat.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I think in the 1960s just about the whole world would wear the their trousers as the trend would have it - above/level with ankles.

Just because that is not trendy nowadays doesn't mean you should be apologising for your religion. Don't be an apologetic defeatist when it comes to Islam, the religion of Peace.

If you believe its right and from Islam - then its your choice. Right is right even if you are the only one doing it and wrong is wrong even if the whole world is doing it.

Plus - does it cause any harm to anyone?. Does it hurt any people?. There are people out there killing people - that should be the urgent matter on everyone's lips - not how someone is wearing their trousers.

doorster
01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
I think in the 1960s just about the whole world would wear the their trousers as the trend would have it - above/level with ankles.

Just because that is not trendy nowadays doesn't mean you should be apologising for your religion. Don't be an apologetic defeatist when it comes to Islam, the religion of Peace.

If you believe its right and from Islam - then its your choice. Right is right even if you are the only one doing it and wrong is wrong even if the whole world is doing it.

Plus - does it cause any harm to anyone?. Does it hurt any people?. There are people out there killing people - that should be the urgent matter on everyone's lips - not how someone is wearing their trousers.
do you actually know what sunnat is and its types? if so can you enlighten me too?

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
do you actually know what sunnat is and its types? if so can you enlighten me too?
What makes you so curious or sure that I do not have any idea what the word Sunnah means?. More to the point - do I even sound like someone who is completely ignorant to what the word Sunnah means especially when judging the details in my last post (which you quoted).

From my last post (which you quoted) I intended the following:

If one has researched to the best of his ability what is the ruling on isbaal in the deen and comes to x conclusion then he should follow that without any shame. There may be an acceptable difference of opinion on this matter - I've not researched it in huge depth.

doorster
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
What makes you so curious or sure that I do not have any idea what the word Sunnah means?. More to the point - do I even sound like someone who is completely ignorant to what the word Sunnah means especially when judging the details in my last post (which you quoted).

From my last post (which you quoted) I intended the following:

If one has researched to the best of his ability what is the ruling on isbaal in the deen and comes to x conclusion then he should follow that without any shame. There may be an acceptable difference of opinion on this matter - I've not researched it in huge depth.
Let me slightly rephrase the question:

do you know types of Sunnat? if so can you list them?

simple yes or no would also be sufficient for my purposes jazakAllah khair in advance

S1aveofA11ah
01-09-2009, 05:32 PM

simple yes or no would also be sufficient for my purposes jazakAllah khair in advance
Rather than examining my knowledge of Islam why don't you please just get to the point?.

doorster
01-09-2009, 05:57 PM
does not matter, I now understand what I needed to know, thanks

ma'asalaama

S1aveofA11ah
01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
does not matter, I now understand what I needed to know, thanks

ma'asalaama
Your post #11 was expressing the view that trousers should not be worn below the ankles. You also made a good point about people wearing them as such but still having arrogance. I fail to see how this post conflicts with my post #15 where I made a few points of encouragement to the brother about wearing the trousers not below ankles.

doorster
01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
:sl:
Your post #11 was expressing the view that trousers should not be worn below the ankles. You also made a good point about people wearing them as such but still having arrogance. I fail to see how this post conflicts with my post #15 where I made a few points of encouragement to the brother about wearing the trousers not below ankles.
there is a marked difference between "should not" "Must not" and "do as you please regardless of consequences, if you believe it is part of Islam"

telling someone who is being mocked that it is all fine and dandy is unwise in the extreme as far as I am concerned.

that person goes to school to educate himself so that one day we become what we once were, he does not go there to play the class fool for the amusement of others
I made a few points of encouragement to the brother about wearing the trousers not below ankles
this is the part that made me go through all this rigmarole (sometimes I get quite carried away :embarrass )

Zamtsa
01-19-2009, 09:59 PM

seemingly what he meant is that there is Sunnah Hai'ah and there is which is not Hai'ah. So like saying "The sitting at 1st Raka'at of Shalat before standing to the 2nd Raka'at is Hai'ah."

The idea belongs to Syafi'i Mazhab. And this is okay said syaikh Nashir Al Albaani in his Fatawa, as long that the term doesn't make someone to underestimate the Sunnah.

He asked about the types of Sunnah, syaikh Nashir Al Al Albaani said, Sunnah qauliyah(Rasulullah's saying), Sunnah fi'liyah(Rasulullah's action), and Sunnah tarkiyah(Sunnah of neglecting something which Rasulullah neglected or avoided).

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.