/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UFO claim over wind farm damage

Muezzin
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
UFO researchers are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and had another badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

"To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
You would think any vehicle capable of traversing the galaxy would be able to avoid annoying ground structures...:)

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I dont suppose this was near spalding because i saw alot of strange aircraft with 3 flashing lights on the bottom of each, one flew above me, it was very slow and it was either round or triangle, too dark to tell, the first one i saw was lit up like an x mas tree! i text jokingly asking if it was the star of bethlyhem lol.

But minutes later i saw a massive red arc in the sky, kinda like a shooting star............

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by سلثتحعرين!
I dont suppose this was near spalding because i saw alot of strange aircraft with 3 flashing lights on the bottom of each, one flew above me, it was very slow and it was either round or triangle, too dark to tell, the first one i saw was lit up like an x mas tree! i text jokingly asking if it was the star of bethlyhem lol.

But minutes later i saw a massive red arc in the sky, kinda like a shooting star............
I have no idea what the red arc would be, but the description of the aircraft is what a B-1 bomber would look like at night. Especially if making it's approach to land at an air field. The approach begins usually 20 to 100 miles from the landing site.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I just saw the news video and it looked exactly like the first one i saw, they all describe it as missive white light. it didnt show the red arch though.

But omg how strange! i actually saw it

The_Prince
01-09-2009, 04:29 AM
yeah, hopefully they are aliens, something nice to get our minds off evil humans, something very different to think about.

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
yeah, hopefully they are aliens, something nice to get our minds off evil humans, something very different to think about.
I think you are being overly optimistic in thinking any self respecting alien would want to visit us, after the way we have treated our own Brothers and Sisters.

north_malaysian
01-09-2009, 06:50 AM
can we pay the aliens to free Gaza?

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 09:39 AM
i love that last reply hahaha

Muezzin
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Why did you not record or otherwise photograph the thing and upload it onto YouTube?!

:)

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I have seen another light is the sky for years. Not sure what it is. slow moving, looked like what i saw other night. I only seen one over years but i see loads other night. flying in formation, them breaking off to hover in a circle sorta thing.

But the one i seen for years i even named! twinkle twinkle lol because it looks like a giant overly large star. It stars in one area for few hours then blinks off and moves away

Vito
01-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Since were on the subject of UFOs. These are pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdES...layer_embedded

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...9&hl=en-GB

Keltoi
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Bah humbug...it's just swamp gas....or strange reflections from the polar ice caps.

Vito
01-10-2009, 12:06 AM
lol ok Buzz :D

~Taalibah~
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Interesting Article. When i was younger astronomy was a hobby of mine, many a 'ufo' i saw then, lol.
I have seen another light is the sky for years. Not sure what it is. slow moving, looked like what i saw other night. I only seen one over years but i see loads other night. flying in formation, them breaking off to hover in a circle sorta thing.

But the one i seen for years i even named! twinkle twinkle lol because it looks like a giant overly large star. It stars in one area for few hours then blinks off and moves away
Sometimes, spaceships look like stars and you can see them moving across the sky.

It does sound like Uncle woodrow is right abt the aircraft.:hmm: As for the arc^o)

Trumble
01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
It does sound like Uncle woodrow is right abt the aircraft.
That certainly seems most likely. There's a lot of RAF activity in Lincolnshire, and a whole clutch of USAF facilities 70-100 miles or so to the south. I can't be it being civilian; a light aircraft doing that sort of damage would probably have crashed and commercials wouldn't be anywhere near that altitude (or lack of it, to be precise).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.