/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Backlash against Jews across Europe

glo
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
As expected, hatred breeds hatred.

Israel's brutal assault on the Gaza Strip has prompted a wave of reprisal attacks against Jewish targets in Europe and community leaders fear a wider resurgence of anti-Semitic feeling.

In the most serious incident, assailants rammed a burning car into the gates of a synagogue in Toulouse, southwest France, last night.

There has other arson attack against Jewish congregation in Sweden and the UK and an organisation that provides self-defence advice for British Jews said that as many as 25 racist incidents over the past week could be linked to the Gaza conflict.

The latest attacks come after a hardline Hamas leader, Mahmoud Zahar, warned that the Islamists would kill Jewish children anywhere in the world in revenge for an assault in which more than 500 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 40 people taking shelter in a UN-run school hit in an air strike today.

[...]

In Denmark, a 27-year-old Dane born in Lebanon of Palestinian parents is alleged to have injured two young Israelis last week, opening fire with a handgun in a shooting that police suspect could be linked to the Gaza crisis.

Last night a Jewish congregation in Helsingborg, in southern Sweden, was attacked by someone who “broke a window and threw in something that was burning,” a police spokesman said. Neighbors alerted rescue services before the fire took

On Sunday slogans including “murderers ... You broke the cease-fire" and “don’t subject Palestine to ethnic cleansing" were daubed on Israel’s embassy in Stockholm.

[...]
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5459435.ece

What are your thoughts on these kind of backlashes?
Are they to be expected?
Are they justified?
Are they wrong?

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Expected yes.
Deserved, depends on the Heb.
Wrong yes.

Shalom?

Silver
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Wrong...it's like when 9/11 attacks took place and some people started discriminating against muslims blaming them for what some muslims did...so it's wrong to attack any jew because the ones that are bombing Gaza are jews

جوري
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
They should have a taste of what they inflict on others..
war has its consequence and often innocent casualties!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
As expected, hatred breeds hatred.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5459435.ece

What are your thoughts on these kind of backlashes?
Back lashes have a tendency to backfire. I have yet to see any backlash bring about any desired result.

Are they to be expected?
Yes, angry and hurt people act out of pain, fear and a desire for retaliation.

Are they deserved?
Deserved? Depends on how a person sees deserved. If a person is hurt they will believe that what ever is done to person who caused the hurt is brought on by their own actions and is deserved.

I think a better question is are they justified? To that I say no, because backlashes are usually directed towards people that had no actual part in the incidents that the backlashes are directed towards.

Are they wrong?
Hard to say, but definitely of no use and only cause more harm to the innocent.

Salaam?
Peace

doorster
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Expected yes.
Deserved, depends on the Heb.
Wrong yes.

Shalom?
it is nearly as clever as you punishing me for the crime of a Muslim abroad

glo
01-08-2009, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I think a better question is are they justified? To that I say no, because backlashes are usually directed towards people that had no actual part in the incidents that the backlashes are directed towards.
I agree, justified is the better term.

Salaam?
Peace
O dear ... my salaam was meant to be a statement, and not a question. (In the light of this thread that's an important difference)

I will go back and amend my OP on both counts.

Salaam :)

The_Prince
01-08-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL, what did i say? as soon as it turns around, these kaffirs will come here crying for sympathy, condemnation, asking if we justify it. you kaffirs as we speak palestinian children are dying, and your crying about a few attacks on Jews? i have recieved worst beatings than whats been happening to these Jews.

yet again the kaffir mindsight is exposed, a few Jews get a few smacks and were all supposed to get shocked, 700 Palestinians are murdered, most of them women and children in their own homes, and no nothing! dont even try to compare the two! can you believe that? these kaffirs want to actually compare whats happening in Ghaza with these few isolated attacks on Jews! whats a joke these kaffirs are.

doorster
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
LOL, what did i say? as soon as it turns around, these kaffirs will come here crying for sympathy, condemnation, asking if we justify it. you kaffirs as we speak palestinian children are dying, and your crying about a few attacks on Jews? i have recieved worst beatings than whats been happening to these Jews.

yet again the kaffir mindsight is exposed, a few Jews get a few smacks and were all supposed to get shocked, 700 Palestinians are murdered, most of them women and children in their own homes, and no nothing! dont even try to compare the two! can you believe that? these kaffirs want to actually compare whats happening in Ghaza with these few isolated attacks on Jews! whats a joke these kaffirs are.
why do you not go and smack the men who are actually doing the killing in Palestine? instead of giving reason to other countries to join in the Israeli campaign?

The_Prince
01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
why do you not go and smack the men who are actually doing the killing in Palestine? instead of giving reason to other countries to join in the Israeli campaign?
i never justified the backlash, all i am saying is that kaffirs are being a joke for trying to make a huge issue out of it, they should be more concerned about the 700 dead, and dying children as we speak.

doorster
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
i never justified the backlash, all i am saying is that kaffirs are being a joke for trying to make a huge issue out of it, they should be more concerned about the 700 dead, and dying children as we speak.
ok thanks

The_Prince
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
mosques, schools, buildings have been destroyed in Palestine, and kaffirs are crying about a small fire stain on a synagog????????????

Daffodil
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
What goes around comes around. Its a taste of their own medicine.

doorster
01-08-2009, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
What goes around comes around. Its a taste of their own medicine.
people in England are getting the medicine that Israel is doling out to Palestine?

yup, that might be in keeping with English logic. for example they used to lock-up any old Irishman for crimes of the IRA. or lock up any black man to pay for murder of a policeman by another black man or go and raise Iraq to the ground because they were upset with a Saudi Arabian

UmmSqueakster
01-08-2009, 07:50 PM
So if a muslim commits a crime somewhere, people have a right to come and start a fire at my masjid?

People here need to be careful that they're not being hypocritical. If we cry when our buildings are attacked when we've done nothing, then we should equally condemn when others's buildings are attacked when they've done nothing.

And that isn't even getting to the fact that it is from the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (saws) and the righteous companions that one SHOULD NOT attack a place of worship.

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
mosques, schools, buildings have been destroyed in Palestine, and kaffirs are crying about a small fire stain on a synagog????????????
Now I see the point you are making.

Yes, it is true, we will hear more about graffitti on a synagogue in the UK than we will about a school being bombed in Palestine.

Should it be that way? Of course not.

Why is it that way? Because people are basically more interested in what happens in their own back yards than far off in a country they will never visit.

Local news sells papers. Here in a small town You will most likely see a story about a cat caught up in George Applebys pine tree than read about a nuclear explosion in Japan.

Right or wrong, it is human behavior at work. We worry about ourselves and turn a blind eye when something happens to our neighbors.

But, it sells newspapaers and world wide newspapers exist because they make money.

Frustrating and unfair, yes.

Someday if things like compassion and genuine desire to learn become part of the business world, the situation will change. but, until then it has to be carried out by individuals speaking out, telling about atrocities, letting people know, that what happens to our neighbors, needs to be our concern.

Banu_Hashim
01-08-2009, 07:56 PM
But surely it's not all Jews who are pro-Israeli. Some are anti-Zionist. At the GPU (Global Peace and Unity Event) there was a Jewish speaker who apparently spoke quite openly against Israel's occupation of Palestinian land.

Muezzin
01-08-2009, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Are they to be expected?
Unfortunately, yes.

Are they justified?
No.

Are they wrong?
Yes.

I cannot stand skinheads, whatever the race or creed of their targets.

As for this perspective theme - yes, what is going on in Gaza is disgustingly worse. Such loss of life, such hypocricy on such a grand scale, such bald-faced lies from governments that claim to be civilised.

However, that doesn't, and shouldn't, stop us from saying that incidents like those in the first post are wrong.

Because if it does, we're behaving the same way as those obscenely bigoted, violent idiots (who crawl out of all races and religions) that we hate.

Daffodil
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
You would benefit greatly if you read Sheikh Abdullah Azzams "Defence of the Muslim Lands". All the rules of jihad oppressive and defensive are in there with full evidences

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
But surely it's not all Jews who are pro-Israeli. Some are anti-Zionist. At the GPU (Global Peace and Unity Event) there was a Jewish speaker who apparently spoke quite openly against Israel's occupation of Palestinian land.
When I was living in Austin TX I belonged to PCWF (Palestine Children's Welfare Fund) Many of our members were anti-Zionist Jews. In fact in the summer of 2007 we sent a delegation of Anti-Zionist Jews to Israel in order to protest the treatment of Palestinians by Zionists. An American Muslim can not get a visa to enter Israel.

Whatsthepoint
01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
When I was living in Austin TX I belonged to PCWF (Palestine Children's Welfare Fund) Many of our members were anti-Zionist Jews. In fact in the summer of 2007 we sent a delegation of Anti-Zionist Jews to Israel in order to protest the treatment of Palestinians by Zionists. An American Muslim can not get a visa to enter Israel.
I wasn't aware US citizens required a visa to enter Israel?

UmmSqueakster
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Juristic View on Attacking Temples and Churches - it takes awhile to load, but it's worth the wait

Moreover, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, a contemporary Muslim scholar, states the following:

A clear separating line should be drawn here between the teachings of Islam, which prohibit attacking non-Muslim places of worship, and the acts of some Muslims who possess a narrow-minded view of Islam.

Those people harm Islam and Muslims with their wrong behavior; as the threat they pose to Islam is much more than that of the enemies of Islam.

Along the same line, a traditional Arabic proverb reads, "A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend."

The fanaticism we see in some certain people is often due to reasons that have nothing to do with religion, even if it takes the form of religion. In fact, its reasons may turn out to be social, economic, or political after thorough study. That is why we see it appearing in certain areas and not others; as some social circumstances and inherited traditions sow the seed of fanaticism and help it grow. Therefore, it is unfair to accuse religion of being responsible for such fanatic acts.
On the same note, Dr. `Abdus-Sattar F. Sa`eed, a professor of tafseer at Al-Azhar University, says the following:

Islam respects other religions and prohibits attacking their places of worship. Allah Almighty says, [For had it not been for Allah's repelling some men by means of others, cloisters and churches and oratories and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down] (Al-Hajj 22:40). Moreover, in the hadith reported by Al-Bayhaqi in his Sunan, Abu Bakr gives orders to his governors, saying, "Do not drown or burn date palm trees; do not kill an animal or a fruit tree; do not destroy markets; do not kill children, old men, or women. You will find some people who have retired in places of worship, so leave them there to practice in peace."
Sheikh Muhammad`Abdullah Al-Khatib, a prominent scholar from Al-Azhar, adds the following:

Places of worship that belong to non-Muslims have a special position in the Qur'an, which mentions protecting them before mosques. The Almighty says, [For had it not been for Allah's repelling some men by means of others, cloisters and churches and oratories and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft-mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down] (Al-Hajj 22:40). This precedence is intended to place stress on caring for and protecting non-Muslims' places of worship.

Since the beginning of Islam, Muslims have protected non-Muslims' places of worship; the order for the all commanders in all battles and conquests was not to attack places of worship and the people inside them, "You will find people who have devoted themselves to worship, so leave them."

Islam is a religion that allows for all religions to coexist as long as there is no aggression against Muslims. If there is aggression against Muslims, then only the transgressors would be punished, as the Qur'an says, [And no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another] (Al-An`am 6:164).

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I wasn't aware US citizens required a visa to enter Israel?
They sure do if it is public knowledge they are Muslim and the visa gets denied automatically. I do not know if non-Muslim American citizens face the same thing.

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
They sure do if it is public knowledge they are Muslim and the visa gets denied automatically. I do not know if non-Muslim American citizens face the same thing.
My error. I goofed and misunderstood my friends.

I just checked with my friends in Austin that tried to go to Israel and I was wrong about the visa. The visa was not needed.

But, they got a hassle that they would get blocked from visiting Saudi for Hajj if they went. They declined going to Israel as they feared it might prevent them from doing Hajj in the future.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.