/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications on Some Questions

Wyatt
01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the appropriate forum, but if not, please move this. :D

So, I have a few questions that have been holding me back from accepting Islam, or any religion at that. I want to be convinced, but I can't help but be very skeptical. I'd like to get all of these clarified, so help would be appreciated. :p Thanks!

1. If Jesus Christ was born of a virgin birth, the only access to DNA he would have is Mary's. That means, if that were to actually have happened, he would have been a direct clone of Mary, his mother. Instead, he came out as a male, and there is no mention (to my knowledge) of how much he looks like his mother. How could this be? If this were a true case of human parthogenesis, and he mutated into becoming a male, wouldn't he have a lot of other problems as well, be them physically or mentally? I would like a scientific, logical answer to this rather than "Allah can do anything He desires."

2. I believe there was a mentioning of there being delicious food to feast upon in heaven. I don't see why because in order for their to be the concept of eating, there must be hunger- and hunger is a form of pain. It's solely an earthly desire, so their should be no concept of it in a place where there is no pain. I don't understand.

3. To expand upon that, if one remembers ones time on earth and knows "food," then one must definitely know their family members and friends after they die. That means that if a family member goes to Hell, what will we feel? Sadness? If we don't have the full range of emotions, how could we even have free will?

4. And expanding on that, if Allah is all-knowing, why must He create humans to worship Him and 'test' them on Earth, when He ultimately knows what is going to happen? It would not be our fault because if there is any type of knowledge about what we will do, we must do it. It's predestination. We wouldn't have free will at all, just like angels.

Point: Some say our free will is based on our ability to judge and reason, apparently unlike any other animal. But, we can alter our ability to judge and reason by means of alcohol and/or other drugs. That means our free will would be dependent on our brains, thus it cannot be an 'independent agent.'

There are more questions I have boiling around in my brain, and would just like to start a thread for answers. I will most likely add some more.

Clarification would be excellent! :smile: Please?

Thank you!

-Podarok

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM
:sl: *Thread approved*

crayon
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok

So, I have a few questions that have been holding me back from accepting Islam, or any religion at that. I want to be convinced, but I can't help but be very skeptical. I'd like to get all of these clarified, so help would be appreciated. :p Thanks!

1. If Jesus Christ was born of a virgin birth, the only access to DNA he would have is Mary's. That means, if that were to actually have happened, he would have been a direct clone of Mary, his mother. Instead, he came out as a male, and there is no mention (to my knowledge) of how much he looks like his mother. How could this be? If this were a true case of human parthogenesis, and he mutated into becoming a male, wouldn't he have a lot of other problems as well, be them physically or mentally? I would like a scientific, logical answer to this rather than "Allah can do anything He desires."

2. I believe there was a mentioning of there being delicious food to feast upon in heaven. I don't see why because in order for their to be the concept of eating, there must be hunger- and hunger is a form of pain. It's solely an earthly desire, so their should be no concept of it in a place where there is no pain. I don't understand.

3. To expand upon that, if one remembers ones time on earth and knows "food," then one must definitely know their family members and friends after they die. That means that if a family member goes to Hell, what will we feel? Sadness? If we don't have the full range of emotions, how could we even have free will?

4. And expanding on that, if Allah is all-knowing, why must He create humans to worship Him and 'test' them on Earth, when He ultimately knows what is going to happen? It would not be our fault because if there is any type of knowledge about what we will do, we must do it. It's predestination. We wouldn't have free will at all, just like angels.

Point: Some say our free will is based on our ability to judge and reason, apparently unlike any other animal. But, we can alter our ability to judge and reason by means of alcohol and/or other drugs. That means our free will would be dependent on our brains, thus it cannot be an 'independent agent.'

There are more questions I have boiling around in my brain, and would just like to start a thread for answers. I will most likely add some more.

Thank you!

-Podarok
Salam Podarok,
I'll attempt to answer your questions to the extent of my knowledge inshallah.

1-I'm doubtful that you'll get a scientific answer to this, no matter how hard you look for one. For me, this is just one of the miracles that Allah caused to show that these prophets were not regular people, as a sign of their prophet hood. Scientifically, can it be proven that Moses' stick caused the sea to part? That Solomon could speak with animals? That Jesus could resurrect the dead, by the will of Allah? The very fact that these things can not be explained by us serve to tell us that what lies behind them is something bigger than anything that can be conceived by any mortal. That's my opinion anyway, and God knows best.

2-A question for you. Have you ever eaten when you weren't hungry, just because the food looked great, smelled good, etc.? I'm pretty sure your answer will be yes. Yes, hunger is what forces us to eat, to keep us alive, but people also eat simply for the enjoyment of food. Food is delicious (or it should be, anyway :P), and it is one of the pleasures of life, and therefore one of the pleasures of the hereafter as well. Hunger is not a must for one to enjoy food.

3-Not too sure about this one, perhaps someone else could answer. But rest assured that whatever you feel it won't be bad. The whole point of heaven is to be a reward for those who worshiped Allah. He alone knows how you will be happy, but the fact that you will be is just that; a fact.

4-This "test" is to prove to us humans that we only ended up in heaven or hell because of our own actions. If you had been in hell since your creation, would you not have asked Allah "Why? Why am i in hell, how did you know that I would be disobedient? There's no proof that I would ever have done anything wrong, hell was forced upon me.". So when Allah allows us freewill, allows us to make decisions, even though he ultimately knows what will happen, it's for our benefit, not his. It will provide us with evidence that we only gained in the hereafter what we worked for in this life.

Check out this thread, brother Al Habeshi has posted a link to videos that discuss this issue in more detail. I haven't seen them yet but inshallah they'll explain a bit further. http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...free-will.html

Inshallah I haven't said anything incorrect, if I have, I apologize, it's my mistake alone.

Peace. :):peace:

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-10-2009, 01:07 AM

-Podarok
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Do we eat only when we are hungry?When I feel hunger, I eat something.Lets say meat, pizza, macaroni,sandwich, fish,etc.After I have some piece of food I satisfy my hunger.Is it also the same for you or other people?I think yes.And do I stop after I satisfy this feeling?No,I dont.I usually have some sweets or dessert.When I eat this dessert , do I eat it because I am hungry?No I dont.So , do we eat only when we are hungry?No we dont, I say.What do you think?
So in jannah(heaven) people will only get pleasure from what they eat like we get pleasure from some food in this world.They dont need to eat them, so there is no form of pain.
In this world we evaluate a feeling,situation with its opposite, e.g hot-cold, good-bad,etc.If we dont feel hunger in jannah (heaven) how will we evaluate the foods taste?
It is not always opposites, though.For instance, do you need an enemy to a child of a woman, to evaluate her love for him/her?She loves him/her in any case.She doesnt need someone/thing harmful to her child to show her love.
I hope you get answers to your other questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zamtsa
01-10-2009, 07:13 AM
1.Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala said in Al Hijr(15):21 And there is not a thing but its (sources and) treasures (inexhaustible) are with Us; but We only send down thereof in due and ascertainable measures.

Al Imran(3):59 This similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam: He created him from dust then said to him: "Be" and he was.

So the spirit given to Maryam's womb was a male spirit, so the Ovum of marry forming a male Prophet: Almasih Iisa 'alaihi Salaam, talking about "The creation of a spirit, is even more difficult, rather than the forming of a child without a father intercession."

2.Same with others. We could not feel the taste of food if we lost the sense of smell, as well as if we lost the sense of taste.
Inside Jannah is fragrant.

3. Al Ash Shaffat(37): 50 Then they will turn to one another and question one another.
51 One of them will start the talk and say: "I had an intimate companion (on the earth)
52 "Who used to say `What! art thou amongst those who bear witness to the truth (of the Message)?
53 " `When we die and become dust and bones shall we indeed receive rewards and punishments?' "
54 (A voice) said: "Would ye like to look down?"
55 He looked down and saw him in the MIDST of the FIRE.
56 He said: "By Allah! thou wast little short of bringing me to perdition!
57 "Had it not been for the Grace of my Lord I should certainly HAVE BEEN among those brought (there)!
58 "Is it (the case) that we shall not die
59 "Except our first death and that we shall not be punished?"

Is that look sad to you?

4. You could realise that there is no contadiction between Syari'ah of Rasulullah with the predestination.

Muhammad Shalalallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam said "The people who will be inhabitants of Heaven will be make easy to do deeds of inhabitants of Heaven, while who will be inhabitants of the Hellfire will be make easy to do deeds of inhabitants of the Hellfire."

Muslim are doing exactly what the inhabitants of Heaven will do in Heaven, such as being honest, love peace, friendly, remember Allah at all times and praise him at all times.

We are doing things which is inside the Predestination and fate of Allahu Ta'ala, nothing which Allahu Ta'ala creatures do but within it.

No "good deeds" are done without "action," that what Rasulullah said to Umar bin Khattab Radhiyallahu 'anhu.

abdullah_001
01-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Thank you!

-Podarok
Salam,

I am not the most knowledgeable but I'll try to answer what I can Insha Allah.

1. First, when you assume Jesus (pbuh) was born only out of a mother then you must also assume that God created Jesus (pbuh) because it is impossible to have a child from a mother alone. Second, before you even considered Jesus (pbuh) being a direct clone of Mary you should have considered that it is not possible to have a baby from a female alone.

If you can acknowledge that God created Jesus (pbuh) from a mother alone then is it really illogical to think that God could create Jesus (pbuh) as a normal human being rather than a clone or a mutation as you say?

If you are contemplating on the creation of Jesus (pbuh) then ask yourself how did God create Adam whose creation in my opinion is more miraculous than the creation of Jesus (pbuh) because he was created without a mother or a father (no human being prior to him).

I know you asked for a logical answer but isn't it amazing that logic leads you to the statement you asked us to avoid. "God is able to do anything."

2. You said hunger is a form of pain and only an earthly desire. If hunger was a form of pain then it wouldn't be a desire, it would be a necessity and to eat of out hunger would mean eating out of necessity. To eat a fruit without any necessity of doing so would mean eating without feeling the pain of hunger. (logically)

3. If you were a Muslim with family members who were non-Muslims then you would definitely try to get them to accept Islam. And even after your invitations your family member didn't accept Islam then they will only reap what they earned in this life. We do have a free will, however, due to the luxuries in paradise and the rewards the state of the people in paradise will be extreme happiness.

4. Allah (swt) is All-knowing and does indeed know what will happen. Allah(swt) has also given his creatures free will and Allah(swt) is also most merciful. Allah (swt) says that if the entirity of mankind (from the first to the last) and the entirity of Jinn (from the first to the last) were to become the most pious beings on Earth it would not affect Allah's (swt) kingdom in the least bit. This implies that we do not worship Allah (swt) inorder that Allah (swt) would gain something from it (audhi billah). Even our most evil actions would not affect Allah (swt) in the least bit. That means the act of worship is only and only of benifit to us humans and does not in anyway increase anything from Allah's kingdom.

If what I said above is true then why would Allah (swt) ask humans to worship Allah(swt) and why would Allah (swt) test us on Earth? The answer is very simple, inorder to know who is the best in deeds from amongst us. Prophet Muhammad (saws) said in his last sermon, "ll mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." So the only criteria that makes any person better than someone else is his piety and we worship Allah (swt) to gain peity and become a better person, and this too, is a mercy from Allah (swt).

Allah (swt) already knows the outcome of our actions but you must also realize that Allah (swt) has given us a free will. Allah (swt) only does good for us, it is us who do bad for ourselves.

To reach an answer to your question regarding predestination, we must look at the incident with Adam (pbuh) and satan. Firstly, Allah (swt) appointed Adam (pbuh) as a caliph of Earth. Adam was going to go descend to Earth anyway, then why did Allah(swt) let Adam stay in paradise? And why did Allah (swt) ask Adam(pbuh) not to come near the tree? It was to teach Adam (pbuh) a practical lesson, that Satan is an open enemy to mankind. If that incident would not have happened then Adam(pbuh) would not have known this. Both Satan and Adam(pbuh) had done something wrong then why did Allah (swt) forgive Adam(pbuh) and not satan? Because Adam(pbuh) asked forgiveness from Allah(swt) and Satan did not. And one more astonishing thing in this incident is the behaviour and freedom Satan had even after he disobeyed Allah(swt). That too, was a mercy from Allah(swt).

Allah(swt) has the power to do anything but Allah(swt) gave us free will and does not interfere without actions that is the test of this life. Allah (swt) already knows what course of action we will take through our free will, that is predestination. We can change our course by making dua and asking Allah(swt) for help.

and your last point, you have free will in the sense you CHOSE to drink alcohol to impair your judgement. If you drank alcohol to impair your judgement will yuo then blame Allah(swt) or will you t hen blame yourself?

Hope it helped, Allah(swt) knows best.

Wyatt
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
So , do we eat only when we are hungry?No we dont, I say.What do you think?
So in jannah(heaven) people will only get pleasure from what they eat like we get pleasure from some food in this world.They dont need to eat them, so there is no form of pain.
Have you ever eaten when you weren't hungry, just because the food looked great, smelled good, etc.? I'm pretty sure your answer will be yes.
Yes, humans do eat out of pleasure, but the whole concept of "eating" stems from the existence of hunger. Because there is no hunger in heaven, there wouldn't be a reason for something so earthly to exist in the first place, therefore no one would eat out of pleasure...

If you had been in hell since your creation, would you not have asked Allah "Why? Why am i in hell, how did you know that I would be disobedient? There's no proof that I would ever have done anything wrong, hell was forced upon me.".
Even when He may ultimately know anything that is going to happen, that completely defeats the point of 'testing' us. If he created humans to worship him, why would he test us? Doesn't it seem a waste to create a soul and then punish it when it failed to pass the test?- because He ultimately knows whether or not the soul will fail.

According to Islam, were our souls created beforehand in Heaven? And, if so, why give us the chance to disbelieve in Allah when we could have just stayed and worshipped him? With free will, and if we transgress, punish us from there... But instead, does Allah create souls to do this single test to determine whether what he made was good or bad? Instead of eternal punishment, why doesn't he just erase the soul's existence? It seems kind of odd to me that he would create something that he knows he will end up punishing forever.

Whether Hell is forever or not, I've heard it is in Islam and I have also heard that it is not. If someone could clarify that for me as well, that would be great! Thank you.

-ポダロク

YusufNoor
01-11-2009, 02:24 AM

i'm out of school over 30 years now, i know nothing about cloning or "human parthogenesis", for some technical answers to that kind of stuff, look for Skye to answer!

HOWEVER, the logical answer IS "Allah can do anything He desires." i remember watching a Bilal Philips, an Revert who teaches, video where he used the example of E=MC2. for a Muslim to write that, he said, is shirk! it is denyingthat Allah Subhanna Wa Ta' Aala is Rabbi Al-`Ālamīn, which is part of Al Fatihah, the opening Surah of the Qur'an! Rabb being an Arabic word denoting such qualities of Allah as Cherisher, Sustainer, Creator and Healer of all that has been created.

for a short lecture on Al Fatihah, here's a vid by Mufti Ismail Menk:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26106509&hl=en

for an In Depth work by Jamaal Zarabozo, another revert on Al Fatihah, this set is amazing and gives lots of insight into the Arabic language and the Islamic mindset:

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

Dr Bilal Philips has a websight with some good lectures, the one i mentioned is from The Foundations of Islamic Studies located at the very bottom of the page:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

i remember hearing that you will taste the food as you imagine it!

after Qiyama, Allah, Subhanna Wa Ta' Aala will remove any bad feelings from our hearts.

here's where Islam differs from other religions. from the lecture, Abdud Dunya by Mufti Menk ( http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Vol2.html#Part8 ), he explains that if Allah[SWT] wanted creatures that only obey Him, He has them in the Angels. if He wanted creatures that only disobey Him, He has them in the Shayateen. how Man differs is that he was made to "Return to Allah[SWT]" or to engage in what we call Tawbah, repentance. THAT is one of the KEYS to Islam, we sin in our "free will" and sometimes in even overwhelming temptation. WHAT WE DO ONCE WE SIN is what what we are judged on, except for SHIRK which is "associating partners with Allah[SWT]" or polytheism.

Thank you!

-Podarok

Nice Avatar!!

thanks for your interest in Islam and for realizing that Islam isn't the enemy. i have provided you with some resources that might help you, In Sha'a Allah!

Peace,

Yusuf

crayon
01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, humans do eat out of pleasure, but the whole concept of "eating" stems from the existence of hunger. Because there is no hunger in heaven, there wouldn't be a reason for something so earthly to exist in the first place, therefore no one would eat out of pleasure...

Even when He may ultimately know anything that is going to happen, that completely defeats the point of 'testing' us. If he created humans to worship him, why would he test us? Doesn't it seem a waste to create a soul and then punish it when it failed to pass the test?- because He ultimately knows whether or not the soul will fail.

According to Islam, were our souls created beforehand in Heaven? And, if so, why give us the chance to disbelieve in Allah when we could have just stayed and worshipped him? With free will, and if we transgress, punish us from there... But instead, does Allah create souls to do this single test to determine whether what he made was good or bad? Instead of eternal punishment, why doesn't he just erase the soul's existence? It seems kind of odd to me that he would create something that he knows he will end up punishing forever.

Whether Hell is forever or not, I've heard it is in Islam and I have also heard that it is not. If someone could clarify that for me as well, that would be great! Thank you.

-ポダロク
Well I guess in heaven, the whole "concept" of eating will stem from the desire for pleasure. Plus, just to add, the great things in heaven are probably beyond our mind's comprehension.. I'm pretty sure food won't be the coolest thing in paradise. Allah just gives us examples with things that we already know now, such as food, wealth (such as gold, silk), palaces, etc. In jannah there are things which no "eye has seen, and no mind has thought of."

Allah says in the quran [Recall that your Lord summoned all the descendants of Adam, and had them bear witness for themselves: "Am I not your Lord?" They all said, "Yes. We bear witness." Thus, you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, "We were not aware of this."] 7:172. So this is what happened when he created us, but where he created us I don't know.

Angels are what you have just described. They were created without free will, so they obey Allah in everything he asks of them. But, ultimately, they get neither a reward, nor a punishment.
Humans on the other hand, have a choice. They either worship Allah alone, or give him partners, or reject him altogether. Then, we either enter heaven, or hell, depending on our actions and beliefs of this life.

As to why we are given the chance to obey or disobey?.. If everyone passes a test, it isn't really a test, is it? What's the point of it? Would Allah be the most Just if he allowed those who disobeyed him, and caused so much strife and pain for believers in this world, to simply cease to exist? For example, the persecution of muslims in Gaza today, by Israelis. Would it be fair, if, considering everything these people have been put through, the people who did this to them live this life happily, and then that's it? They cease to exist. Where's the justice?

I've also heard that whether hell is eternal or not is sometimes debated, I'm afraid I don't know the correct answer though. Inshallah someone else will be able to answer.

Peace.

Hamayun
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
It is the culmination of human needs in terms of this worlds desires food, women, luxuries etc. The momin controlling his nafs in this world of mirages, may even be in pain in this world, for which he is promised a reward in the hereafter. I dont think there is any pain in the hevens but all the bounties are on the contrary are relief from pain.

جوري
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
!!

i'm out of school over 30 years now, i know nothing about cloning or "human parthogenesis", for some technical answers to that kind of stuff, look for Skye to answer!

Yusuf
ha.. Jazaka Allah.. Like my new SN?

Anyhow, the answer to this question isn't scientific .. all Allah swt has to do is tell something be and it shall be
as is in the Quran

She said: "O my Lord!
How shall I have a son
When no man hath touched me?"
He said: "Even so:
Allah createth
What He willeth:
When He hath decreed
A Plan He but saith
To it, 'Be', and it is!

.. we can certainly direct the same question to the creation of Adam.. Adam had no mother.. or even if we look to science and some concede that we came from a primeval unicellular organism that kept dividing until it took upon itself sentience and the two sexes...
There will be occasions in ones life where science will not help you..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Zamtsa
01-12-2009, 03:33 PM
About Hunger

The question for you is "Have you ever eat eventhough you are not hungry?. If your normal, your answer would be yes."

About Predestination And Test

The question for you is "Have you realise of the fact that Syari'ah(Al Qur'an and As Sunnah) are the best gifts which Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala have given to human beings. Test will divide between men who will be on highest Jannah and those who will be in the lowest Jannah."

When humans and Jin want to live in Heaven, then they must prepare themselves, because the denizens of Jannah are honest, loving, compassionate, remember Allahu Ta'ala and praise Him alone. People who are arrogant, cruel, like to lie, and worship other than Him or ascociate partner with Him, is this type which Allahu Ta'ala going to let to be the denizens of Jannah?

Lying in the name of Allah, do not want to fulfill Allah's right(worship), declare as unlawful what Allah has allowed, declare as lawful what Allah has forbade, and discard the best gifts from Allahu Ta'ala (Al Qur'an and As Sunnah). The people who done this, they could live with their lord(Syaithan), pride, lies and bad deeds in the Hellfire.

While about their good deeds, Allahu kalam:

Al Furqan (25):23 And We shall turn unto the work they did and make it scattered motes.

Assalamu manit taba'al huda (May peace be upon who follow the guidance).

Wyatt
01-13-2009, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Would Allah be the most Just if he allowed those who disobeyed him, and caused so much strife and pain for believers in this world, to simply cease to exist?
But still, Allah knows before he creates the souls that they will not obey him and they may cause many troubles for the believers and ones loyal to him... so what is his reasoning as to why he created those in the first place? To me, it's like making a pizza with dirt on top of it and then eating it, then throwing it away because it wasn't good. What was the point in making it in the first place?

Catch mah drift? :rollseyes

Hamza Asadullah
01-16-2009, 02:52 AM

A creator can do anything he desires and it is not effort for the creator to do anything he desires! He created siamese twins,just the other day this baby was born in the UK who was in her dead mothers staomach for 2 days until she was born and is still alive! There are miracles of nature all across the world reported EVERYDAY and this has gone on throughout history! So we know for sure that anything is possible! We can't comprehend anything but this life where there is the existance of time and matter! Allah created time and matter ONLY for this life that he made for us to worship him but there is NO time and matter after we die because after death we will go into a completly different dimension! My friend science ALWAYS wants to try and explain everything but it CANNOT and never will! Look at the ridiculous theory of darwinism which has been deemed illogical by science itself! The scientists discover the complexities of the universe the more it confirms the belief of a higher being a superintelligent being that regulates and controls everything!

Again we CANNOT even try to comprehend what it will be like after our own deaths let alone heaven and hell! Just like when i was at junior school i couldnt comprehend what it was going to be like when i go to colege let alone university! Until u actually go there and experience it one can NEVER comprehend what it will be like! For we will eat out of pleasure NOT hunger! Theres no point trying to connect the life of this world with the next! They are completly different!Yes Allah has given us hints of what it will be like but one thing is that we cannot connect the life of this world to the life of thee hereafter! For this Allah says be patient because the best attribute of all is patient and Allah is with those who are patient! and live our lives according to the Qur'an and sunnah and we shall be suceessful for eternity!

Of course we will feel emotions but as again do you know what it will be truly like when we die? No because you havent died yet! Same way when the hereafter comes then we will truly know what it will be like! Yes of course we will feel emotions but just before admittance into heaven there will be a fountain of kauther that ALL will wash themselves with ridding themselves of ALL impurities meaning all bad characteristics like jealousy anger fear etc will be gone but how can one explain every detail of how it will be like in the hereafter when one has not experienced it yet? Just like you do not know how it will truly be like to die until u have died!

We never willed ourself to be created! We never asked God to create us! He created us by his own free will! Same way he can do what he wants with us and he has given us everything we need! The creator of a product created it by his own free will and he patents it so he owns it and can do what he wants with it! Same way were completly Gods creations he created us to worship him and he is testing us and he certainly does'nt give everyone guidance but it is upto him because he sees things that we certainly don;t! Same way many animals hear and see things that humans cant! Its just the way of life we are given abilitys to do certain things and we have to do our best to worship Allah because he has created us in this world to test us and give us trials and tribulations and see how we will react!
But still many of us deny his existance! That is truly sad and he is the most merciful but he is also harshest when it comes to punishment! If we know were all going to die so why live?

Hamza Asadullah
01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Yes, humans do eat out of pleasure, but the whole concept of "eating" stems from the existence of hunger. Because there is no hunger in heaven, there wouldn't be a reason for something so earthly to exist in the first place, therefore no one would eat out of pleasure...great! Thank you.

-ポダロク
Consider this...The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

Water...colorless, odorless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it. Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life:

It has an unusually high boiling point and freezing point. Water allows us to live in an environment of fluctuating temperature changes, while keeping our bodies a steady 98.6 degrees.

Water is a universal solvent. This property of water means that thousands of chemicals, minerals and nutrients can be carried throughout our bodies and into the smallest blood vessels.

Water is also chemically neutral. Without affecting the makeup of the substances it carries, water enables food, medicines and minerals to be absorbed and used by the body.

Water has a unique surface tension. Water in plants can therefore flow upward against gravity, bringing life-giving water and nutrients to the top of even the tallest trees.

Water freezes from the top down and floats, so fish can live in the winter.

Ninety-seven percent of the Earth's water is in the oceans. But on our Earth, there is a system designed which removes salt from the water and then distributes that water throughout the globe. Evaporation takes the ocean waters, leaving the salt, and forms clouds which are easily moved by the wind to disperse water over the land, for vegetation, animals and people. It is a system of purification and supply that sustains life on this planet, a system of recycled and reused water.

The human brain simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

The human brain processes more than a million messages a second. Your brain weighs the importance of all this data, filtering out the relatively unimportant. This screening function is what allows you to focus and operate effectively in your world. A brain that deals with more than a million pieces of information every second, while evaluating its importance and allowing you to act on the most pertinent information... did it come about just by chance? Was it merely biological causes, perfectly forming the right tissue, blood flow, neurons, structure? The brain functions differently than other organs. There is an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream and plan, to take action, and relate to other people. How does one explain the human brain?

As science has progressed, NO scientific discovery has countered the numerical likelihood of an intelligent mind being behind it all. In fact, the more science discovers about human life and the universe, the more complex and precisely designed we realize these to be. Rather than pointing away from God, evidence mounts further toward an intelligent source.

If someone is rolling dice, the odds of rolling a pair of sixes is one thing. But the odds of spots appearing on blank dice is something else. What Pasteur attempted to prove centuries ago, science confirms, that life cannot arise from non-life. Where did human, animal, plant life come from?

Also, natural causes are an inadequate explanation for the amount of precise information contained in human DNA. A person who discounts God is left with the conclusion that all of this came about without cause, without design, and is merely good fortune. It is intellectually wanting to observe intricate design and attribute it to luck.

God does not force us to believe in him, though he could. Instead, he has provided sufficient proof of his existence for us to willingly respond to him. The earth's perfect distance from the sun, the unique chemical properties of water, the human brain, DNA, the number of people who attest to knowing God, the gnawing in our hearts and minds to determine if God is there this is all proof beyond doubt that the lord is ONE! The lord is Allah! He is our lord the master of the universe!

"And He it is Who created the night and the day, and sun and the moon. They float each in an orbit… And from among His signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." (21:33, 41:37)

"He has created man: He has imparted unto him articulate thought and speech. [At His behest] the sun and the moon run their appointed courses; the stars and the trees prostrate themselves [before Him]. And the skies has He raised high, and has devised [for all things] a measure, so that you [too, O men,] might never transgress the measure [of what is right]: weigh, therefore, [your deeds] with equity, and cut not the measure short!" (55:3-9)

"Everything We have created and prescribed for its measure, its character and destiny…No creature creeps on earth but Allah provides for it its sustenance. He knows its purpose and destiny. For it is He Who prescribed them in His eternal order…The sun rises and sets traversing its orbit exactly as the Almighty, the All Knowing has ordained. And the moon passes regularly through its phases, returning to its original thin crescent form. Neither sun nor moon overtakes the other; neither night nor day deviates from their preordained courses. Each moves in the orbit Allah has ordained for it. (54:49, 11:6, 36:38-40)

"And say: The Truth [has now come] from your Lord: let, then him who wills, believe in it, and let him who wills, reject it." (18:29)

Wyatt
01-17-2009, 12:46 AM
I need to add another question.

If Allah had contact with Adam and Eve, why was there such a long course of humanity before Abrahamic religions started that there was no evidence of this specific god being in contact with humans? Wouldn't there at least be a trace of it before that time?

What happens to the people of different cultures that have never heard of this god? Do they go to Hell? And why hadn't Allah reached every culture instead of just one culture and had it spread all across the world?

Even if they were to go to Heaven because they never got the chance to hear of it, why didn't he let them hear of it?

Thanks. :-[

جوري
01-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Some people's trials starts on the day of judgment ..

Allah swt doesn't punish those who weren't sent a messenger..

peace

جوري
01-18-2009, 03:26 AM
I created this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...ml#post1083154

in light of this one, though I still don't seek a 'scientific explanation' to Jesus' birth or DNA.. but just to stir and spice things up

Hamza Asadullah
01-18-2009, 03:55 AM

If Allah had contact with Adam and Eve, why was there such a long course of humanity before Abrahamic religions started that there was no evidence of this specific god being in contact with humans? Wouldn't there at least be a trace of it before that time?

What happens to the people of different cultures that have never heard of this god? Do they go to Hell? And why hadn't Allah reached every culture instead of just one culture and had it spread all across the world?

Even if they were to go to Heaven because they never got the chance to hear of it, why didn't he let them hear of it?

Hello again i hope my last 2 posts helped and answered your previous questions that you had!Please don't hesitate to ask questions as im happy to answer any you may have! In regards to these questions:

Allah the almighty created the Jinn before the creation of mankind and they were a species not made from clay like we are but of fire and they still exist today amongst us but we cannot see them because of our limited senses but sopmetimes they do get in contact with man but human are more superior to them!
Allah also created many animals and beasts including dinosaurs and Islam is the ONLY religion that has answers for EVERYTHING No other religion or faith has answers for these kind of querstions!

We have learnt that the Earth existed long before people were created as Allah says in the Qur’an, Surat Al Insan, 76:1, “Wasn’t there a long period of time before humans were even mentioned?”

"...in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth..." (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds.... [/COLOR](The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

Say, ‘Travel over the land and then observe how He has originated the creation. Then Allah shall bring about the genesis of the hereafter. Indeed Allah has power over all things.- Sura Ankabut (The Spider) - Verse 20

These types of verses can correspond to a more precise and deeper meaning for scientist, meaning that they should go and observe the remainings of prehistoric creatures which can now be found as fossils in the depths of the seas, and in the core of mountains and in between the layers of the earth in order to comprehend some of the mysteries of the origination of life on earth and the supremacy and splendor of God, and realize that He is capable of the restitution of life.

The teachings of Islam and the Quran not only have absolutely no type of contradiction with scientific facts, rather from the very time when the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) embraced the divine mission of prophethood, Islam foretold many scientific advancements, inventions and discoveries, and gave value and worth to knowledge, scholars and their respected opinions, and in many instances Islam has used the phenomenon and marvel of creation as evidence and proof of ‘origin and end’.

Allah created mankind after the creation of jinns and the many beasts(dinosaurs) he scattered around the earth and Adam(As) was the first man Allah created and he made Adam(As) out of clay.

He taught Adam what he knew not about the earth and his creations and the animals and plants etc. Adam was also made the first prophet of Allah and Allah was to create prophets throughout time reaching almost every corner of earth until the very last prophet that Allah sent to the earth who was called a mercy to mankind and he came 1430 years ago from now and it is none other than our blessed prophet who is the seal of all prophets the blessed prophet Muhammed(saw).

Allah made contact with every prophet throughout the ages from the very first which was Prophet Adam(As) to the very last Prophet Muhammed(saw).He gave revelations and his message to all of the prophets for them to convey the message to their people and call them towards Allah and the right path and away from evil and the wrong path!These prophets were a guidance from Allah to the people of all the ages throughout earth's history!
Allah gave prophets to EVERY culture and nations throughout earth's history! So no nation was left out but of course there are always going to be a very small minority left out in unreachable places like deep in the jungles etc

All the prophets gave the same basic teaching: that man should worship God, and God alone, and do good to his fellow*beings. Of course, the details of the teachings differed according to the nation and the time in which a Prophet appeared.

If you look at the scriptures of other religions like in the hindu scriptures aswell as jewish and christian scriptures! Then you will notice there is mention of the last prophet Muhammed(saw) in their scriptures. Sidartha Gautama(Budda) aswell as Krishna may have been prophets of Allah but because their teachings and scritpures were totally changed after their deaths so was their true message which was calling to the oneness of Allah and this is what all the prophets of Allah throughout the ages called towards and that is that there is ONLY one Allah and he has no partners but he is self-sufficient,creator and master of the universe!

The teachings and scriptures differed according to the nation and the time in which a Prophet appeared but many of these scriptures were altered and changed after the death of many of the prophets.

Remember that NO man is better than another in regards to race culture becaue Islam is a way of life of complete equality except for one who is more pious and virtuous!

The people who do not get the Divine message or they don’t have a messenger sent to them are known as Ahl al-Fatrah
This will be the case for certain tribes who live in small minorties in unreachable places in forests,jungles,deserts,mountains etc

To question people for something they never had knowledge about goes against divine justice since Allah says in the Quran “We are not in the habit of punishing a nation until We have sent a messenger (to them).” (Al-Isra’: 15). This verse makes it clear that those who have not received the message or a messenger will not be responsible for denying the message of Islam.

Even though these people will not be answerable for the Message it does not mean they will not be accountable for their actions. They will be accountable for their actions since Allah has said in the Quran that every nation was sent a messenger and a Message was delivered to them. So till the Message of Islam reaches them they would be accountable on accordance to the previous message.

For the people who have no message, Allah says in (As-Shams:8) that a Human was created with an understanding of what is right and wrong. Hence they will be judged with by the innate sense of Good and Bad embedded in them.

Zamtsa
01-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Allah had contact with Idris(Enoch) 'alaihi Salaam, Allahu kalam "

56 Also mention in the Book the case of Idris: he was a man of truth (and sincerity) (and) a prophet: 2508
57 And We raised him to a lofty station.

The bad people will get their rights that is: living with what they have worship(Syaithan, Thaghut, Jibti).

The people which does not get any message of Islam, Ibn Katsir narated from Rasulullah about those people, Rasulullah said that people who are idiot, or senile(when Islam come to him), or never hear about Islam, then Allah will test them in their graves by giving His command to them, the ones who obey His instruction, they will not enter the Hellfire, while the ones reject His instruction, then they will enter it.

That's your answers.

Assalamu manit taba'al huda(May peace be upon who follow the guidance).

crayon
01-18-2009, 01:12 PM

Hmmmm, I never got a notice when this thread was updated?:?

In regards to the first question:
The "abrahamic" religions always existed, even before abraham himself. Noah, Yusuf, Ya'qoob (jacob), ismaeel (ishmael), moses, jesus, muhammad all taught the same message: submission to Allah alone. Everytime a nation fell into disbelief, they were sent a messenger to guide them back to the true path. There are prophets that were sent that we don't even know about. At the time of Adam, people still believed in Allah and worshipped him properly. Eventually, the got sidetracked until very few people believed. So Allah sent a messenger, and then the cycle continued. So there were prophets that were sent between the time of adam and the time of abraham, some we know of, some we don't.

As for the people who never heard of islam, they will be tested on the day of Judgement. This link explains it quite well: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/1244

As for your other question, I don't have an answer, inshallah someone with more knowledge can tell us.

And Allah knows best.

YusufNoor
01-18-2009, 04:19 PM

actually, the Qur'an states that EVERY NATION, up until the time of Abraham(peace be upon him), received Revelation. what made Abraham(peace be upon him) so unique was that AFTER him, ALL of the Prophets and Messengers were from his descendants.

IF you were NEVER tested than you will receive a test on Qiyama[the Day of Judgment], BUT i don't have the daleel[proof/evidence] of that.

MAYBE it was Allah's Mercy! as one would assume that a test AFTER you have lived would be proof that the One testing you have the Power/Right to do so, and Allah knows best.

:sl:

here are the evidences for the 1st answer:

[6.42] And certainly We sent (apostles) to nations before you then We seized them with distress and affliction in order that they might humble themselves.

[10.47] And every nation had an apostle; so when their apostle came, the matter was decided between them with justice and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.

[15.10] And certainly We sent (apostles) before you among the nations of yore.

[16.36] And certainly We raised in every nation an apostle saying: Serve Allah and shun the Shaitan. So there were some of them whom Allah guided and there were others against whom error was due; therefore travel in the land, then see what was the end of the rejecters

[16.63] By Allah, most certainly We sent (apostles) to nations before you, but the Shaitan made their deeds fair-seeming to them, so he is their guardian today, and they shall have a painful punishment.

[22.34] And to every nation We appointed acts of devotion that they may mention the name of Allah on what He has given them of the cattle quadrupeds; so your God is One God, therefore to Him should you submit, and give good news to the humble,

[22.67] To every nation We appointed acts of devotion which they observe, therefore they should not dispute with you about the matter and call to your Lord; most surely you are on a right way.

[27.83] And on the day when We will gather from every nation a party from among those who rejected Our communications, then they shall be formed into groups.

[29.18] And if you reject (the truth), nations before you did indeed reject (the truth); and nothing is incumbent on the apostle but a plain delivering (of the message).

[40.5] The people of Nuh and the parties after them rejected (prophets) before them, and every nation purposed against their apostle to destroy him, and they disputed by means of the falsehood that they might thereby render null the truth, therefore I destroyed them; how was then My retribution!

regarding the 2nd part[s] of your question, here is an Hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 476:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, Verily Allah created Mercy. The day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts. He withheld with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent its one part to all His creatures. Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire."
i love this Hadeeth, it's a part of my sig. keep in mind that Allah punished people for REJECTING His message, NOT for not knowing what it was!

also the Opening Surah of the Qur'an, Al Fatihah is recited by Muslims at 17 times a day in Salat. if goes [something] like this:

1: BismiAllahi arRahman irRaheem
2: Alhamdulillahi Rabbial AAlameen
3: ArRahman irRaheem
4: Maliki Yawmid Deen
5: Iyyaka NAA'budu wa-Iyyaka NastAA'een
6: Ihdinaas Sirataal mustaqeem
7: Sirataal Latheena AnAAamta AAalayhim Ghayrial Maghdoobi AAalayhim Walaad Dalleen
it translation something, [but MUCH more than] this [by Muhsin Khan]:

1:In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2: All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
3: The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
4: The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
5: You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
6: Guide us to the Straight Way
7: The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians)
if you notice the 1st and 3rd Ayats, Allah is referred to as:
ArRahman irRaheem
various trasnlation of that are:

Muhsin Khan: The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Yusuf Ali: Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Pickthal: The Beneficent, the Merciful.
Shakir: The Beneficent, the Merciful.
Sahih International: The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,
Dr. Ghali: The All-Merciful, The Ever-Merciful.
and some say:
the Most Merciful, the Giver of Mercy

so you see, we refer to Allah by His Attributes of Mercy and NOT by His Attributes as Punisher! hence you could call Islam the Gospel [Good News] of Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala!

does this help you?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.