/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too many things going on...where to start???

RazMaTaz
01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Salams brothers and Sisters.

I originally was a member on Gawaher.com(another islamic forum), however, am having some difficulty logging in, so thought i would register here as i need to seek some advice.

However, first off, i want to say that A good friend of mine has yesterday told me he has 80% liver damage due to the fact of a prescribed drug for a condition he has. The doctor has lost his license and only recently he found out the drug he was taking is what was causing serious damage. He is my best mate, and its not nice to see someone so young have such a big problem. hes now been prescribed a new drug, however, this is only slowly stopping the liver damage, and not reversing it, and its gonna come a time where he might end up with liver failure. I beg of all muslims, please do dua that he doesnt have to go through this process of liver failure. He is only 20 years of age, and inshallah i hope he recovers from it one way or another. Please do dua.

Another issue im having is that sometimes when i go to sleep, sometimes when i wake up, i cant move my body. Its like my eyes are open but my body is not responding. One night, this really freaked me out as i know i was awake, but my body wasnt reacting, and i tend to share a room. I tried to breathe heavily so my bro could here me, and he did, as soon as he called my name, i manage to wake up fully and i could move my body.

Finally, my issue, and its rather big, and i hope no one jumps to conclusions to this please, but i have met a girl who i potentially love and want to marry. We been talking for so long and she doesnt feel any different. She is soo sure she wants to marry me as we have so much in comman. We havnt done anything unlawful, we have just met and talked alot. The issue however is, her parents,well,her mother is a strong believer of those who marry within family. We actually met through a friend and talked mainly on the internet. She doesnt live too far from me. My question is, how would someone delicatly break it to parents who are firm believers of cast and family relations? Im so convinced that i want to marry this woman cuz shes everything i want, and everything my parents want. My question is how can one break it delicately to parents?? Taking into mind that her parents are really strict.

Jazakallah for reading, may allah bless you for your time and your advice. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Greetings and peace be with you RazMaTaz; Welcome to the forum, I hope you can log on ok, there are lots of kind and knowledgeable people here, and hopefully you may find some answers.

I will pray for your friend that he will recover from his illness.

Im so convinced that i want to marry this woman cuz shes everything i want, and everything my parents want. My question is how can one break it delicately to parents?? Taking into mind that her parents are really strict.
It is all in the hands of Allah, so you must make lots of dua.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 05:51 AM
:sl:

I am only going to try to answer one of your questions as there are others here more knowledgable in regard to the others.

format_quote Originally Posted by RazMaTaz
Salams brothers and Sisters.

Another issue im having is that sometimes when i go to sleep, sometimes when i wake up, i cant move my body. Its like my eyes are open but my body is not responding. One night, this really freaked me out as i know i was awake, but my body wasnt reacting, and i tend to share a room. I tried to breathe heavily so my bro could here me, and he did, as soon as he called my name, i manage to wake up fully and i could move my body.

:)
This is a condition known as "Sleep Paralysis" it occurs during the period of highest REM activity. The period of a few minutes when a person is either falling asleep or waking up. It is fairly common and at least half of the people have or will experience it.

The most probable cause is going through a period of sleeplessness, in other words a night or two of interrupted sleep or insomnia. Often there are many odd sensations associated with it such as floating, flying, the presence of a person being in the room, a feeling of pressure on the chest. It is most common in teenagers and seems to occur within families. It happens most often in people of Asiatic descent.

The physical happening is the brain looses connection with the body at the moment of active REM. If we become aware of this lose of connection, which is normal and occurs every time we fall asleep or wake up without us being aware of it, it can be a very frightening and terrifying experience. But, it is normal and except in rare cases harmless.

The experience has many names world wide. In Newfoundland it is called "Old Hag" in the west indies it is called "Kokma" in china it is "gui ya" and in Japan it is called "kanashibari" all of them because the person often has the feeling a "ghost or witch or demon" is sitting on their chest.

But the physical sensation is completely normal, it is just that most of us are not aware of it happening, unless we have a restless asleep and become aware of the odd sensations that occur as we enter and leave the state of sleep.

The best cure is to live a healthy life style, get adequate sleep and try to sleep regular hours. Like the type of life Islam tells us to live.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.