/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jumah - what to expect?

Donia
01-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Salam Alaikum.
I apologize if this is in the wrong section or has already been posted about.

I haven't been to Jumah. I think as women we are not obligated to go but where I am, women do attend mashallah.

My question is... what can I expect at Jumah? What prayer is being prayed? Is it dhuhr or is it a prayer just by itself?

I appreciate any comments.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
01-10-2009, 02:58 AM
wa alaikum assalam,

*When you enter the masjid, either have your wudu ready, or make wudu when you get there.
*As soon as your enter the place to pray, before you sit down, pray 2 rakat of prayer. These are called "tahiyyah masjid" or greeting the masjid. It's a sunnah of the Prophet (saws). If the sermon has already started, still make the 2 rakat.
*Find a comfortable place and make dhikr or read quran until the sermon starts.
*The sermon is called the khutbah, and the person making it is called the khatib.
*don't talk while the khatib is talking, or you'll lose the blessings of the prayer.
*The khutbah will start with blessings on the Prophet (saws) and others in arabic. Sometimes it's translated, sometimes it's not.
*The khatib will give a khutbah in 2 parts. He'll sit down in the middle. During this time, you make dua.
*When the khatib is done with the khutbah, he'll make dua. The members of the congregation say ameen at the appropriate times.
*When the khatib is done with the dua, he'll say something along the line "come to pray" in arabic.
*Everyone gets up and lines up. Make sure the lines are straight!
*The prayer you'll be praying is jummah prayer. It replaces zuhr prayer for those who attend jummah on Friday. If you don't attend jummah, you pray zuhr.
*Jummah is 2 rakat
*When jummah prayer is done, you'll see people do many things. People may get up and move to a different place and pray their sunnah (extra) prayers. Others will make dua or dhikr. Try not to walk in front of anyone praying their extra prayers. I like to sit and make dua and dhikr until most everyone is done with their sunnah prayers, so I don't mess anyone up.
*Meet and greet. Go up to people and say salaams. I spent too many years being shy, but once I started greeting people, a lot more people talked with me.

inshaAllah I'll try to polish this up and post something more comprehensive on my blog. Have fun!

Zamtsa
01-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Rasulullah said "Shalat Jum'ah is obligated for men, except for 4: women, sick persons, little children and slaves." This Hadits being declared as Shahih by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani.

One of the reason is that the Masjid will be filled with men.
2nd, Muslimat could hear the Khutbah through the speaker, they do not need to be inside the Masjid.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Donia
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam.
JazakAllah to both of you for your replies.

Janaan, that was so detailed and helpful sister. I feel like I will have a much better idea of what's going on when I get a chance to go to Jumah inshallah.

Abdul Thayyib
Thank you for explaining to me why women are not obligated to go. That does make a lot of sense since I'm sure it is crowded as it is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
01-11-2009, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Salam Alaikum.
I apologize if this is in the wrong section or has already been posted about.

I haven't been to Jumah. I think as women we are not obligated to go but where I am, women do attend mashallah.

My question is... what can I expect at Jumah? What prayer is being prayed? Is it dhuhr or is it a prayer just by itself?

I appreciate any comments.
Asalaam wr wb, It is always advised for a women to pray at home because thats where she recieves the MOST reward! Men should pray in the Masjid because thats where he receives most reward and if he does not without a sufficient reason then it may be sinful So it is much easier for women and a big responsibility on men to consistantly and constantly pray all 5 farz(Sunnahs and nafls can be prayed at home for men)prayers with congregation whilst women can do the same with the reward of congregagtion in the comfort of her own home!

When you go in the masjid enter by your right foot and then you will go into the prayer hall where you will see a lot of women gathered! Try not to go there and start gossiping or talking worldy matters especially if another women starts to talk with you about wordly matters and gossip etc! If you see women talking etc just advise them politley for we are in the house of Allah so please refrain from worldly talk until one leaves the masjid!

One should listen attentivley to the speach by the imaam(Leader) and you will hear an the first azaan(Call to prayer) This is when you should get up and pray four rakat sunnah prayer. Thereafter another azaan will be called out and after this is the khutbah(Speach ONLY in arabic) It is essential that all listen to the khutbah because this is the main part of the jummah prayer! No one should talk at all when the Khutbah is being said!

After a short while the khutbah will end and you will pray 2 rakat farz of jummah in congregation! After that you can read 4 rakat sunnah,2 rakat sunnah and 2 rakat nafl! Then you done! Be sure to recite as much durood(Sending Salaam to the prophet)as possible because it is rewarded abundantly by Allah! The best durood is the one we read in our salah- Allahumma salee alaa Muhammadin wa alaa aalee muhammadin kamaasalaythaa Alaa Ibrahimaa walaa... repeat this as much as you can on Jummah and the reward will be great inshallah!

Also it is recommended that one should recite surah kahf after jummah every friday and there will be a special light for that person throughout the week until next jummah and that person will also be saved from the fitnah(Trials) Of Dajaal(Anti-christ).

Straight after praying Asr and staying seated it is a great reward to recite the durood- "Allahumma salle alaa muhammadinnabeeil omiyee wa alaa aalihee wasallim tasleemaa"80 times and inshallah the person will have a great reward from Allah!Thereafter recite Qur'an and do dua until Maghrib and this also is great reward as the time between Asr and Maghrib is very blessed!

If theres anything else i can help with sister or anything else you need to know then please don't hesitate to ask and i will try my best to help inshallah! Make dua for me please Jazakallah!Allah hafiz

Donia
01-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Hamza
JazakAllah for the info. Thanks!

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer inshallah.
I have been told before that it is better and there is more reward for a woman to pray at home... I was also told that it is better if she were to pray in one particular area (like the same spot every prayer if possible) and if it is secluded like a bedroom. Ever heard that?
Also what is nafl?
I did make dua for you brother and I hope Allah ta'aala will accept it and accept all our duas inshallah.

Yanal
01-12-2009, 01:03 AM
:sl:
Nice to see sisters eager. You will expect the usual normal prayers. I would advise you to go with a friend so you don't feel lonely. But do not talk as it can be very vital for you. It was said by my imam " that a person who does ghusl, dresses in nice clothes and listens to the khutbah attentively he or she will be forgiven of sins for one whole week."

Hamza Asadullah
01-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Hamza

I have been told before that it is better and there is more reward for a woman to pray at home... I was also told that it is better if she were to pray in one particular area (like the same spot every prayer if possible) and if it is secluded like a bedroom. Ever heard that?
Also what is nafl?
I did make dua for you brother and I hope Allah ta'aala will accept it and accept all our duas inshallah.
The Shariah has ordained distinct rules for men and women in many important questions of salah. For example,

• Jumuah is fardh upon men but not on women, and the Eid prayer is wajib for men but again not for women.

Sayyiduna Tariq bin Shthab ( رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ), said, 'Jumuah in congregation is an obligatory duty upon every Muslim except four people: a slave, a woman, a child, and one who is sick.’'

Sayyidatuna Umm Atiyyah . says as part of a longer hadeeth, 'We have been forbidden from following funerals and there is no Jumuah upon us.

• The reward of congregational prayer for men is twenty seven times more than an individual prayer. Contrary to this, the more rewarding prayer of a woman is that which is most concealed and performed within the confines of her innermost living quarters.

Women receive the same blessing for praying at home that men receive for going to the mosque.

Traditionally, Muslim women were encouraged to stay at home in order to create a peaceful, loving environment for their families. There is also the need to protect women from being exposed to negative influences and harassment outside the home.

Islam, being a practical religion, also understands that it would be difficult for women if they were required to go to the mosque. When a woman is busy running a home and taking care of her children, going to the mosque five times a day would become an undue hardship.

This is not to say that women may not visit the mosque. The Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, said, " Do not prevent the female slaves of Allah from coming to the mosques of Allah. When a wife of one of you asks for permission to go to the mosque, she should not be refused this permission." [Bukhari and Muslim]

Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Mas'ud ( رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'The prayer of a woman in her makhda' (partition) is better than her prayer in her hujrah (chamber), and her prayer in her hujrah is better than her prayer in her bait (house).'

Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah ( رضئ الله عنه ) narrates that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, The most beloved salah to Allah of a woman is one that she performs in the darkest spot of her home.'

• Unlike men women should not give adhan or say the iqamah.

Sayyidatuna Asmaa (R) narrates as part of a longer hadeeth that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'There is no adhan iqamah or Jumuah upon women.'

Sayyidatuna Ibn Umar (R) says 'There is no adhan or iqamah upon women.'

• There is a great difference in the awrah of a man and that of a woman in salah. Women must cover their entire body including the hair, leaving only the face, hands and feet exposed.

Ummul Mu'mineen Aisha (R) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'Allah does not accept the salah of a mature female without a scarf.'

• Women cannot lead men in salah.

Abu Bakrah (رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said ‘Never will those people succeed who have appointed a woman over them.’
Jabir bin Abdullah (رضئ الله عنه ) reports as part of a longer hadeeth that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, Know that a woman should not lead a man in salah.'

• For the purpose of correcting or deterring someone in salah men should say 'subhanallah' loudly, whilst women are only allowed to clap their hands.

Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah (رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'Tasbeeh is for men, and clapping is for women.’

The different postures, positions and rulings concerning the prayers of the female are not the invention of a group or an individual but teaching of the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) himself. He was the very first person differentiate between the prayer of a man and a woman.

Yazid bin Abi Habib reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) passed by two women who were praying salah. He said, 'When you prostrate, let part of your body cling to the earth, for women are unlike men in this regard'.

Sayyiduna Ibn Umar (رضئ الله عنه ) narrates that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'When a woman sits in salah she should place one thigh over the other, and when she prostrates she should press her stomach to her thighs in a manner that is the most concealing for her. Indeed Allah looks at her saying, "Oh my angels! I make you witness that I have forgiven her."

Sayyiduna Wail bin Hujr ( رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) said, 'Oh Ibn Hujr! When you pray make your hands level with your ears. And the woman shall raise her hands close to her bosom.'

We derive some very important and fundamental principles about the prayer of a woman from all the above ahadeeth.

• The laws of salah are not always the same for men and women.
• The sunnah posture of a female in any position of salah is that which is the most concealing for her.

Imam Baihaqi says,

'All of the laws of salah in which a woman differs from a man are based on the principle of satr (concealment). This means that the woman is instructed to do all that which is more concealing for her. The following chapters of hadeeth explain this meaning in detail.'

As mentioned earlier, this variation in the salah of a woman has been prescribed by none other than the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) himself. It has remained the practice of the whole ummah till this day and is also reflected in the rulings of the Sahabah and Tabi'un. The ulama and fuqaha of all four schools have always recognised this difference and, as is evident in their books of fiqh, have always observed the above principles whenever making a ruling about the salah of a woman. Following are a few narrations detailing the verdicts and practice of the Sahabah & together with the verdicts of some of the Tabi 'un and the ulama of the different schools of fiqh:

Verdicts and practice of the Sahabah ( رضئ الله عنهم )

Khalid bin al Lajlaaj reports as part of a longer hadeeth that women were ordered to do tarabb'u when sitting in salah.

Nafi' narrates that Safiyyah ( رضئ الله عنها ) would pray and do tarabb'u.

Nafi' also narrates that the womenfolk of Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Umar's (رضئ الله عنه ) family would do tarabb'u.

Sayyiduna Ibn Umar (رضئ الله عنه ) was once asked, 'How did women pray their salah during the time of the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) ' He replied, 'They used to sit cross legged until they were told to practice ihtifaz

Sayyiduna Ali (رضئ الله عنه ) says, 'When a woman prostrates she should do ihtifaz and press her thighs together.', and in Abdul Razzaq's narration 'press her thighs against her stomach.'

Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas ( رضئ الله عنه ) was asked about the prayer of a woman. He replied, 'She should pull herself close together and do ihtifaz.’

Verdicts of the Tabi'un and other ulama.

Ibn Jurayj reports, 'I asked Ataa: "Should a woman motion with her hands at the time of takbeer as a man does?" he replied, "She should not raise her hands with takbeer in the manner of men." Ataa then demonstrated (the way in which she should.) He placed his hands very low and then pulled them towards him. He then said, "The posture of a woman in salah is not that of a man."

Ataa also says, 'A woman should pull herself together when she bows down into ruk'u: she should bring up her arms to her stomach and pull herself together as much as possible. When she prostrates she should bring up her arms close to her and press her bosom and stomach against her thighs: she should pull herself together as much as possible.

Hasan al Basri says, 'A woman should pull herself close together in sujud.'

Hasan and Qatadah both say, 'When a woman prostrates she should pull herself together as much as possible. She should not allow for any space between her limbs so that her posterior is not raised.'

One certain author has argued that all the descriptions of the Prophet's ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) prayer are equally applicable to both men and women and there is nothing in the sunnah that excludes women from any of them. Insha Allah the contents of this chapter will answer that claim. The author then goes on to say that this is the view of Ibrahim al Nakhai who said, 'A woman's actions in the prayer are the same as a man's.' - transmitted by Ibn Abi Shaibah (1/75/2), with a saheeh sanad from him.

This is not what Ibrahim al Nakhai said at all nor is it his view. His narration transmitted by Ibn Abi Shaibah actually reads, 'A woman will sit in salah just as a man does.'563 This somehow has been misquoted as 'A woman's actions in the prayer are the same as a man's.'!

In fact, Ibrahim al Nakhai's other narrations quite clearly contradict the above report. His view about the prayer of a woman as reported by Ibn Abi Shaibah and others is as follows:

Ibrahim al Nakhai says, 'When a woman prostrates she should press her stomach against her thighs. She should not raise her posterior nor should she allow for any space or distance between the limbs of her body as a man does.'

He also says, 'When a woman prostrates she should bring her thighs together and press her abdomen to them.'

He also says, 'A woman should sit to one side in salah.'

Imam Baihaqi says,

'All of the laws of salah in which a woman differs from a man are based on the principle of satr (concealment). This means that the woman is instructed to do all that which is more concealing for her. The following chapters of hadeeth explain this meaning in detail.'

Ibn Qudamah al Maqdisi al Hanbali quotes Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal in his al Mughni as saying, 'I consider sadl 56S to be better for a woman.' He also qoutes the narration of Sayyiduna Ali ( رضئ الله عنه ) who says, 'When a woman prays salah she should do ihtifaz and press her thighs together.'

Imam Ahmad was asked about how a woman should prostrate and sit for tashahhud. He replied, 'She should do whatever is more concealing for her.' He added, 'She should do tarabb'u in tashahhud and draw her legs to one side (sadl).'

According to the narration of Abu Dawood, Imam Ahmad was asked about how a woman should sit in salah. He replied, 'She should press her thighs together.'

Qadhi Iyadh has also quoted from some Salaf that the sunnah for women is tarabb'u.

All the above quite clearly demonstrates that the prayer of a woman is different in some aspects from that of a man, and that this distinction was first made by none other than the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ), and then maintained by the prominent Sahabah and Tabi'un. Furthermore, as can be seen in their works, there is almost universal agreement amongst the scholars of all schools of fiqh on this issue.

List of differences between the prayer of a man and a woman.

Some of the differences as mentioned in the Hanafi books of fiqh are listed below.
In all the postures and movements of salah, including qiyam, ruk'u, sajdah, and tashahhud a woman should adopt that which is the most modest and concealing for her.

At the beginning of salah a woman should not raise her hands to her ears but only to her shoulders or close to her bosom.

In qiyam, women are to place their hands on their bosoms. They can fasten them in any one of the different ways 'akdh' (grasping) or 'wadh' (placing) described in part two, or they can simply rest the right palm on the left one.

Unlike men, in ruk'u, women should tuck their arms into the body and not spread them outward. They should also merely place their hands over their knees with closed fingers, and not grasp them with the fingers spread wide open. In fact, women should try to keep their fingers close together in all the postures of salah.

During prostration men should allow for some space and distance between their stomachs and thighs, and arms and the side of the body, whilst women should press these limbs together.

Again in prostration, men should raise their arms off the ground and allow for some distance but women should let them cling to the ground.

During the sitting of tashahhud, men are to rest on their legs and raise their right foot with the toes facing qiblah, whereas women are to take out both their legs towards the right hand side of the body and rest on the posterior without raising their right foot

When making RUKU a WOMAN should only BEND over sufficiently so that her HANDS reach her KNEES.

The HANDS should be placed on the KNEES, with the FINGERS kept together.
In RUKU the ELBOWS should TOUCH the sides of the BODY and the FEET kept TOGETHER.

(How Glorious is my Lord the Great.)

TASMEE : To say 'Semi Allahu Leman Hamedah.'

QAWMAH : To stand up after RUKU.

Now stand up straight and whilst coming up say: TASMEE

(Allah has listened to him who has praised Him.)

Then in the upright position say: THAMID
Rabbana Lakal Hamd.

Trans : O Our Lord! Praise be to You.

If one does NOT stand erect after RUKU and merely lifts ones head and goes into Sajdah then the NAMAAZ. will NOT he VALID, and it will be NECESSARY to repeat the NAMAAZ.

The Salah as offered by women differs from that of men in the following aspects. Women should be careful about what is required of them:

How women should pray which differs to men

1. Before they begin their Salah, women should make sure that their whole body, except the face, the hands and the feet, is covered with clothes.Some women offer their Salah with the hair on their head remaining uncovered. Some have their wrists left uncovered. Some women use scarfs so thin or small that their hair tresses are visible dangling down underneath. If, during the Salah, any part of the body, even if it be equal to one-fourth, remains uncovered for a time during which one could say (Subhana Rabbi-al-Azim) three times, the Salah itself would not be valid. However, should the uncovered portion be less than that, Salah would take place but the sin shall stay.

2. For women, making Salah in the room is better than doing it in the verandah and doing it in the verandah is better than doing it in the courtyard.

3. While starting the Salah, women should not raise their hands upto their ears, instead, they should raise them upto their shoulders, and that too, from within the scarf or other outer wrap being used. Hands should not be taken out of this cover.

4. When women fold their hands on the chest, they should simply place the palm of their right hand on the back of the left forehand. They should not fold their hands on the navel like men.

5. In Ruku’, women are not required to straighten their backs fully like men. Women should bend less as compared to men.

6. In the position of Ruku’, men should open up their fingers while placing them on the knees, but women are required that they place their hands on the knees with fingers close together, that is, there be on space between fingers.

7. Women should not stand on legs absolutely straight, instead, they should stand with knees slightly bent forward.

8. In Ruku’, men are required to keep their arms stretched, away from the sides. But, women should stand with their arms close to their sides.

9. Women should stand with both feet close together. Specially, both their knees should just about be joined together. Let their be no separating distance between legs.

10. While doing Sajdah, the method prescribed for men is that they should not lower their chest until such time that their knees come to rest on the floor. But this method is not for women. They can, right from the start, lower their chest and go for Sajdah.

11. Women should do their Salah in a manner that the stomach-wall come to rest against the thighs and the arms stay close to the sides. In addition to that, omen do have to position their feet, upright, they should spread them on the floor sliding them out towards the right.

12. Men are prohibited to place their elbows on the floor while making Salah. But, women should place the whole arm, including the elbows, on the floor.

13. When sitting between Sajdah and when reciting (at-Tahiyyaat), sit on the left hip, side both feet out to the side and let the left foot reset on the right calf of the leg.

14. Men are required that they be careful about keeping their finger upon when bending for Ruku’, and keeping then close together in Sajdah, and then, leave them as they are during the rest of the Salah, when they make no effort either to close or open them. But, it required of women, under all conditions, that they keep fingers close together, that is leave no space between them. This is required all along in Ruku’, in Sajdah, between two Sajdah and in the Qa’dahs.

15. It is makruh (reprehensible) for women to make a jama’ah (congregation) The very act of offering their Salah alone is better for them. However, should mahram-members of the family be making their Salah with jama’ah within the house, there is no harm if they join in with them in the jama’ah. But, in a situation like this, it is necessary that they stand exactly behind men. They should never stand next to them in the same row.

Perform Salah Correctly
by Mufti Taqi Usmani

Types of prayer

There are four types of Prayers:

1. Fardh

Fardh is an Arabic world, which means compulsory or obligatory. The Five daily prayer i.e., Fajr, Dhuhr, 'Asr, Magrhib and 'Isha are obligatory prayers. It is a sin to intentionally skip a Fardh Prayer. If a prayer is missed because of forgetfulness or due to some unavoidable circumstances, then offering the missed Prayer as soon as possible will rectify this mistake.

2. Sunnah

The Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, offered extra Raka'at of Prayer in addition to those of Fardh Prayers. These are called Sunnah Prayers. It is considered necessary by all jurists to offer these prayers. The willful neglect of Sunnah Prayers is censurable in the sight of Allah.

Following are the Sunnah Prayers:

a. Two Rak'at of Sunnah Prayer should be offered before the Fardh Prayer of Fajr. However, if a person joins the congregation without having offered Sunnah due to circumstances beyond his control, he can offer these after the Fardh prayer.
b. Four Rak'at of Sunnah Prayer before Fardh and two Rak'at after the Fardh in Dhuhr Prayer. In case one is unable to perform four Rak'at Sunnah before the Fardh in Dhuhr Prayer, one should offer these after the congregational Fardh Prayer. (Note: Followers of Hanfi school of thought offer two Sunnat while some other Muslims offer four Sunnat after Fardh in Dhuhr Prayer.)
c. Two Rak'at of Sunnah after the Fardh of Maghrib Prayer.
d. Two Rak'at of Sunnah after the Fardh of 'Isha Prayer.

3. Wajib

Wajib prayers are necessary and willful neglect is considered sinful. However, if someone misses any of these due to unavoidable circumstances, Qadha (make-up of missed prayer) is not required.

The following are Wajib Prayers:

a. Three Rak'at of Vitr after 'Isha
b. Two Rak'at of Eidul-Fitr and Two Rak'at of Eidul-Adha(Only for men)
c. Two Rak'at are offered while performing the Tawaaf of K'aba.

4. Nawafil

Nawafil plural form of an Arabic word Nafl which means voluntary or optional prayer.

Following are some of the Nawafil Prayers:

a. Eight Rak'at of Tahajjud
b. Two Rak'at after the four/two Rak'at of Sunnah at the end of Dhuhr Prayer
c. Four Rak'at before Fardh of 'Asr Prayer
d. Two Rak'at after the two Rak'at at the end of Maghrib Prayer
e. Four Rak'at of Ishraaq Prayer
f. Two Rak'at offered when one enters a mosque
g. Two Rak'at offered when seeking blessing fro God Almighty
h. Two Rak'at offered as Salat-ul-Hajaat
i. Two Rak'at offered as Thanksgiving Prayer

One may offer as many Nawafil Prayers as one wish. However, Nawafil should not be offered during the forbidden times for Prayers. Nawafil should not be offered between 'Asr and Maghrib Prayer. It is preferable to offer Nawafil Prayers at home rather than in a mosque. However, it is matter of personal choice and there is no compulsion in this matter.

THE RAKAATS IN PRAYER

(A single round of bodily actions within a Prayer, is called a “Rakaat”. )

Dawn (Fajr) Prayer: Total of 4 “Rakaats” - in the following order: 2 Emphasised Sunnah (Muakkadah), 2 Obligatory (Farz).

Thereafter you can also read Nafl -Ishraq namaz which can be done 20minutes after sunrise and if you stay seated after Fajr and pray 2 x 2 rakat of nafl and it is reward of nafl hajj and umra inshallah!

After Ishraq namaz you have breakfast and then you can pray Chasht namaz up until at least an hour before midday (Zawaal) you can pray upto 2 rakats upto 12 rakats of nafl and it is great reward inshallah!

Afternoon (Zohr) Prayer: Total of 12 “Rakaats” - in the following order: 4 Emphasised Sunnah (Muakkadah), 4 Obligatory (Farz), 2Emphasised Sunnah (Muakkadah), 2 Voluntary (Nafil).

Evening (Asr) Prayer: Total of 8 “Rakaats” - in the following order: 4 Non-Emphasised Sunnah (Ghair Muakkadah), 4 Obligatory (Farz).

Sunset (Maghrib) Prayer: Total of 7 “Rakaats” - in the following order: 3 Obligatory (Farz), 2 Emphasised Sunnah (Muakkadah), 2Voluntary (Nafil).

After the 2 sunnah you can pray Nafl salatul Awabeen which is a prayer you can do of minimum of 6 rakats which is 3 x 2 nafls and you can do upto 12 rakats and it is reward of upto 12 years of nafl worship reward subhanallah!

Night (Isha) Prayer: Total of 17 “Rakaats” - in the following order: 4 Non-Emphasised Sunnah (Ghair Muakkadah), 4 Obligatory (Farz), 2 Emphasised Sunnah (Muakkadah), 2 Voluntary (Nafil), 3 Essential (Wajib Witr), 2 Voluntary (Nafil).

The best Nafl prayer of all is Tahajjud namaz which you can read from 2 to 12rakats Nafl and you pray this in the third portion of th night at least an hour before subh sadiq(dawn) it is great reward and dua's are accepted more than any other time of the day and night! It is the best way of getting the closest to Allah and getting the highest ranks of paradise inshallah!

Some Sunnah Prayers are Emphasised (Muakkadah ) - for which Shariah has stressed upon. Leaving it without proper excuse makes one liable for censure, and abandoning it makes one a sinner, disqualified from giving witness and deserving of fire. (These should not be purposely abandoned even during travel.) Some Imaams have said that one who abandons these will be deemed astray, and a sinner although his sin less than that of leaving an Essential (Wajib). Leaving the Sunnah habitually is close to forbidden (Haraam) and it is feared that (We seek Allah's refuge) such a person may remain deprived of the Holy Prophet's intercession. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has proclaimed: "Whoever abandons the Sunnah will not obtain my intercession."

Donia
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
JazakAllah Yanaland Hamza.

Mashallah that was a lot of information. I did read through it and will probably need to go through it again inshallah.

Thank you.

Donia
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not trying to disagree or start a debate... I just was under the impression that sunnah is something desirable to do but not obligatory.

I read this...

Narrated Talhah bin 'Ubaidullah: A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) and said, " O Allah's Messenger! Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards the Salat (prayers)." He (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) replied: " You have to offer perfectly the five compulsory Salat (prayers) in a day and night, unless you want to pray Nawafil. The bedouin further asked, " Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards Saum (fasting)." He (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa salaam) replied, " You have to fast during the whole month of Ramadan, unless you want to faste more as Nawafil." The bedouin further asked," Tell me how much Zakat Allah has enjoined on me." The narrator further added: Then, Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) informed him all about the laws of Islam. The bedouin then said, "By Him Who has honoured you, I will neither perform any Nawafil nor will I decrease what Allah has enjoined on me." Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) said, "If he is saying the truth, he will succeed."

My interpretation is that we are only obligated to do our farhd prayers. May Allah forgive me if I am wrong.

Again, I'm not trying to debate. I just honestly get a little nervous when something is said to be a outright sin that I haven't read in the Quran..
May Allah guide us and forgive us for our sins. Ameen.
And Allah ta'aala knows best.

UmmSqueakster
01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Mufti Taqi Usmani is a hanafi jurist, so perhaps he was referring only to hanafi jurists when he said "all." For hanafis, they interpret source material to say that the sunnah prayers are in fact obligatory. I'll have to check my shafi'i fiqh book when I get home, but I don't think that's their position.

Here's an opinion and my summary. Click on the link to get the whole deal, although the website tends to take a long time to load

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543034

Reasons why we should pray the sunnah prayers:

1. They bring us nearer to Allah (swt)
2. Who ever turns away from the sunnah seems to be turning away from Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saws)
3. The sunnah compensate for any mistakes or faults in our obligatory prayers
However, it still isn't required to pray them

Hamza Asadullah
01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm not trying to disagree or start a debate... I just was under the impression that sunnah is something desirable to do but not obligatory.

I read this...

Narrated Talhah bin 'Ubaidullah: A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) and said, " O Allah's Messenger! Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards the Salat (prayers)." He (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) replied: " You have to offer perfectly the five compulsory Salat (prayers) in a day and night, unless you want to pray Nawafil. The bedouin further asked, " Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards Saum (fasting)." He (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa salaam) replied, " You have to fast during the whole month of Ramadan, unless you want to faste more as Nawafil." The bedouin further asked," Tell me how much Zakat Allah has enjoined on me." The narrator further added: Then, Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) informed him all about the laws of Islam. The bedouin then said, "By Him Who has honoured you, I will neither perform any Nawafil nor will I decrease what Allah has enjoined on me." Allah's Messenger (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam) said, "If he is saying the truth, he will succeed."

My interpretation is that we are only obligated to do our farhd prayers. May Allah forgive me if I am wrong.

Again, I'm not trying to debate. I just honestly get a little nervous when something is said to be a outright sin that I haven't read in the Quran..
May Allah guide us and forgive us for our sins. Ameen.
And Allah ta'aala knows best.
Asalaam wr wb, thats fine you can ask what you want whatever query you may have because how can we rid ourselves from misconceptions and misunderstandings if we don't ask about them?

There is no fardh obligations to complete sunnah prayers as it is written in the last post but if you read carefully it states that there is different levels of sunnah prayers! The sunnah prayers that are not emphasised to read and it does not matter if you read them or not are called (Ghair sunnah Mu'khadha) aswell as nafl prayers of course which are optional.

The sunnah mu'khadha prayers are the ones that the Prophet (saw) emphasised for us to pray! They are not as emphasised as wajib but more emphasised than other sunnah prayers like for example the
1)2 sunnah mu'khadha(Emphasised) of Fajr before the 2 fardh,
2)4 sunnah mu'khadda of Zuhr before the 4 fardh aswell as the 2 sunnah mu'khadha after the 4 fardh,
3)the 2 sunnah (Mukhadha) of Maghrib after the 3 fardh and the
4)2 sunnah mu'khada after the 4 fardh of Isha!

So there are altogether 5 emphasised(Mu'khadha) sunnah prayers throughout the day which one should read if one does not have a valid reason, of course if there is a valid reason then one can leave them!
Allah says in the Qur'an aswell that the only way to success is through the Prophet and his sunnah and as it says in the last sentence from the post if we leave the sunnah that have been emphasised for no apparent reason then we wont gain the intercession(Prophet asking Allah on aiyamat for mercy and forgiveness for us) from the prophet and Allah also says in the Qur'an that whatever the prophet did or said is not his own doing or saying it is from the will of Allah! So these prayers are all from Allah and the reason why there are extra prayers aswell as the fardh is just so that we can get closer to Allah! These prayers like sunnah and nafl will certainly help us in the grave and the hereafter because they are a protection from punishment aswell as adding a lot of weight to our good deeds in the hereafter!

They should'nt be looked upon as a burden for if we total up the time it takes to read all these salat including fardh sunnah and nafls they add upto around 45 minutes a day to pray everything! Thats 45 minutes praying to Allah out of 24 hours in the day! Subhanallah that is so little Allah is asking of us yet we still struggle!

I hope that has helped and if you want to ask anything at all then please do and don't hesitate or think u would be starting a debate because it is always best to be open and upfront so that misconceptions can be swiftly dealt with! Jazakallah

Donia
01-12-2009, 08:03 PM
JazakAllah both of you. Thank you for responding. My only intent is to try to gain knowledge so I appreciate your help in clearing things up.

JanaanThank you for the website, sister. I haven't looked at it yet but I will try to inshallah.

HamzaThank you for your response, brother. It was very helpful. I definitely understand why Sunnah is important and the benefits of it. I agree that Allah ta'aala does not ask much of us. I also think that is a mercy from Allah to only obligate us to 5 prayers because that is so little mashallah.. but there are more prayers we can pray if we are able and wish to do more.

I hope to be able to add some Sunnah prayers inshallah. I am still trying to learn my whole prayer in Arabic :). May Allah help me. I would try my best to never turn away from Allah or the prophet (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam). I certainly do want to try to add to my good deeds as much as possible.

I just think for some people who are just starting or even have trouble concentrating during regular fard prayers, if they hear that Sunnah prayers are obligatory (which both of you cleared up that they're not.. so thank you), that might overwhelm them and they just not want to pray at all. Adhubillah. Kinda defeated before you even start. I just know Allah intends for us ease... and I had read another narration that I can't find right now so I can't quote it word for word but how originally we were supposed to pray a whole lot more everyday but Allah ta'aala dropped it to 5. I remember it because when I read it, it just made me feel closer to Allah because of how merciful that is and how kind He is mashallah.

Zamtsa
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Hamza

Also what is nafl?
wa fiikum barakaallah. Na'am, I have read the Hadits telling that.
And Nafilah means the Tathawwu' Shalat, which is not Fardhu 'ain.

Rasulullah said "Shalat which have the biggest reward(from Allahu Jalla) is shalat fardhu, then Qiyamul Lail(shalat Tahajjud)."

Iman is in heart, by speech and action. Iman could decrease and increase. It increases because of what we keep inside our heart, what we say and what we do, as well as decreases because of those.

I have an advice for you to read, because these are about Allahu Ta'ala, the first components of 6 Pillars of Iman(faith):

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...aul-husna.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...taimiyyah.html

Shifatullah Al Waaridah Fil Kitab wa Sunnah

Asmaa was-Sifaat

General Principles Regarding Allaah's Attributes
Author: ‘Alawi ibn `Abdil-Qaadir as-Segaf

The First Principle
"Affirmation of everything that Allaah affirmed for Himself in His Book, or which His Messenger, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam, affirmed for Him. Without distorting (tahreef), without denial (ta'teel), and without saying how they are (takyeef) and without making any resemblance with the creation (tamtheel)."[1]
Since Allaah knows better about Himself than anyone else, and His Messenger, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam, knows better than rest of creation about his Lord.

The Second Principle
"To deny for Allaah everything which He has denied for Himself in His Book, or which His Messenger denied for Him, whilst believing its fully perfect opposite is confirmed for Allaah, the Most High."[2]
Since Allaah knows better about Himself than His creation, and His Messenger out of all the people is the one who knows best about His Lord, so denying death for Him includes affirmation of His perfect Life, and denying oppression for Him includes affirmation of His perfect Justice, and denying sleep for Him includes affirmation of His perfect charge/control over everything.

The Third Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Might and Magnificent, are only to be spoken of in accordance with a text (tawfeeqiyyah). So nothing is affirmed for Him except that which Allaah affirmed for Himself (or which) was affirmed for Him by His Messenger, and nothing is denied for Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent, except that which He denied for Himself, was was denied for Him by His Messenger, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam."[3]
Since there is no one who knows better about Allaah than Allaah, the Most High, (Himself), and there is no one of the creation who knows better about His Creator than Allaah's Messenger, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam.

The Fourth Principle
"To halt with regard to vague terms which are not found to be affirmed or denied textually, in wording or meaning, so further explanation is sought. Then if something false is meant by it, then we declare Allaah free of that and reject it, and if something that is true and something that is not to be denied for Allaah, then it is accepted and the correct terminology as found in the text is to be made clear. And one should call for its usage in place of this vague and newly-introduced wording."[4]
An example of this is the term 'direction.' We halt, neither affirming or denying it, and we ask the one who says it, 'What do you mean by direction?' So if he says, 'I mean a place which contains Him.' Then we say, 'This is something false and Allaah is to be declared free from this, and we reject it.' But if he says, 'That He is unrestrictedly above.' Then we say, 'This is true it is not to be denied for Allaah,' and we accept the meaning from him, and we say, 'However, it is more fitting that you say, 'He is above the heavens,' or 'He is above,' as occurs in the authentic texts.' But as for the term 'direction' then it is vague and a novelty, so it is better to leave it.

The Fifth Principle
"Every attribute which is established by an authentic report definitely agrees with sound intellect."[5]

The Sixth Principle
"To cut off any hope of reaching the reality of 'how.' As He, the Most High, says:
And they will never compass anything of His knowledge.[6] [7]

The Seventh Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, are affirmed in detail/specifically, whereas denial is done generally."[8]
So detailed and specific affirmation is, for example, affirming Hearing and Seeing, and the rest of the attributes. As for generalised denial, then like denial of any likeness as in His saying:
There is nothing like unto Him.[9]

The Eighth Principle
"Every name confirmed for Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, is inclusive of an attribute, but the opposite is not the case."[10]
For example, Allaah's name ar-Rahmaan (the Most Merciful) incorporates the attribute of mercy, al-Kareem (The Munificent) incorporates the attribute of munificence and al-Lateef (the Most Gentle and the All-Perceiving) incorporates the attribute of gentleness and being all-perceiving and so on. However, as for His attributes, (such as) His Will, His Coming, His Ascending-then names are not to be derived from them such as, 'The One who Wills,' 'The Comer,' 'The One who Ascended,' etc.

The Ninth Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Most High, are perfect, containing no deficiency in any sense at all."[11]

The Tenth Principle
"Attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent, are dhaatiyyah - those pertaining to His Self, and fi'liyyah - those pertaining to His actions, and there is no limit or end to His actions.
And Allaah does what He wills."[12] [13]

The Eleventh Principle
"The proof from the Book and Sunnah for the establishment of an attribute is either:
(i) by clearly stating it,
(ii) or by its being incorporated by the name,
(iii) or by clear statement of an action or a description proving it."[14]
Examples of the first are Mercy, Might, Power, His Face, His Hands and His Fingers etc.
Examples of the second are al-Baseer (The Seeing) which incorporates the attribute of sight, and as-Samee' (The Hearing) which incorporates the attribute of hearing, and so on.
Examples of the third are (His Saying):
Ar-Rahmaan rose over the Throne.[15]
Which proves His having ascended, and (another example is His saying):
We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimoon.[16]
Which proves that He exacts retribution, and so on.

The Twelfth Principle
"One may seek refuge with Allaah, the Might and Magnificent's, attributes and swear an oath by them."[17]
From this is his, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam, saying, "I seek refuge of Your Pleasure from Your Wrath, and from Your granting safety from Your punishment .." reported by Muslim (no. 486), and therefore al-Bukhaaree named a chapter heading in the Book of Oaths and Vows, "Chapter: Swearing an Oath by the Might of Allaah and His Attributes and His Words."

The Thirteenth Principle
"Speech concerning the attributes is like speech about His Self."[18]
Since just as His Self is real and does not resemble that of other than Him, then it is characterised by real attributes which also do not resemble the attributes of others, and just as affirming His Self is an affirmation of existence but not of 'how'-then the same is true of the attributes.

The Fourteenth Principle
"Speech concerning some of the Attributes is like speech about the rest of them."[19]
So whoever affirms the attributes of Allaah like Hearing, Seeing and Will, must therefore affirms Allaah's Loving, being Pleased, His Anger and His Hating. Shikhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said, "And whoever differentiates between one attribute and another, despite their being the same with regard to reasons for their being literal or metaphorical-then he is contradicting himself, erroneous in his position, resembling those who believed in a part of the Book and disbelieved in other parts."

The Fifteenth Principle
"Whatever is attributed to Allaah and is not something separate from Him, then it is an attribute of His and not something created, and everything that is attributed to Him and is something separate from Him, then it is something created. So not everything which is attributed to Allaah is necessarily an attribute of His."[20]
Examples of the first are: Allaah's Hearing, Allaah's Seeing, His being Pleased and His Wrath.
Examples of the second are: The House of Allaah, the She-Camel of Allaah.

The Sixteenth Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent, and all other matters of 'aqeedah are established by that which is established from Allaah's Messenger, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallaam, even if it is a single hadeeth, even if it is aahaad."[21]

The Seventeeth Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent, which are established in the Book and the Sunnah, are known and are explained literally-never metaphorically or figuratively. But as for ;how' they are, then that is unknown."[22] [23]

The Eighteenth Principle
"Whatever occurs in the Book or the Sunnah, then it is binding upon every Believer to hold what it entails as his saying and to believe in it, even is he does not understand its meaning."[24]

The Nineteenth Principle
"The domain of reports[25] is wider than that of the attributes, and so things related about Him are not necessarily dependant solely upon text, such as 'The Pre-Existing,' that He is a 'thing,' that He 'exists.'"[26]

The Twentieth Principle
"No analogy is made regarding the attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent."[27]
So no analogy is made between His liberality (sakhaa') and His generosity (jood). Nor between His Strength (Jalad) and His Might (Qawwah). Nor His Capability (isti'aanah) and His Power (Qudrah). Nor His Compassion (riqqah) and His Mercy (rahmah) and (ra'fah). Nor His being Aware and His Knowing and so on. Since with regard to the attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, we may not go beyond the principle of halting until a text is found, as has been seen in the third principle.

The Twenty-First Principle
"The attributes of Allaah, the Mighty and Magnificent, cannot be enumerated, since every name comprises an attribute as has preceded, and Allaah's names cannot be enumerated since from them are those which Allaah has retained with Himself in the knowledge of the Unseen."

NOTES
[1] 'Aqeedatus-Salaf Ashaabul-Hadeeth of as-Saaboonee, p. 4, Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 3/3, 4/182, 5/26, 6/38 and 515.
[2] Al-'Aqeedatut0Tadmuriyyah, of Ibn Taymiyyah, p. 55, Al-Jawaab Saheeh Liman Baddala Deenal-Maseeh, by him also, 3/139.
[3] Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/26.
[4] At-Tadmuriyyah, p. 65, Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/299, 6/36.
[5] Mukhtasarus-Sawaa'iq al-Mursalah, 1/141 and 253.
[6] Soorah Taa haa (20):110.
[7] Manhaj wa Diraasaat li Aayaatil-Asmaa was-Sifaat, of Muhammad al-Ameen ash-Shanqeetee, p. 26.
[8] Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 6/37 and 515.
[9] Soorah Shooraa (42):11.
[10] Badaa'i'ul-Fawaa'id, 1/162 of Ibnul-Qayyim, Al-Qawaa'idul Muthlaa fee Sifaatillaah wa Asmaa'ihil Husnaa, p. 30 of Ibn 'Uthaymain.
[11] Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/206, Mukhtasarus-Sawaa'iq al-Mursalah, 1/232 and Badaa'i'ul-Fawaa'id, 1/168.
[12] Soorah Ibraaheem (14):27.
[13] Al-Qawaa'idul Muthlaa, p. 30.
[14] Al-Qawaa'idul-Muthlaa, p. 35.
[15] Soorah Taa Haa (20):5.
[16] Soorah as-Sajdah (32):22.
[17] Majmoo'ul-Fatwaawaa, 6/143 and 229, and see Sharhus-Sunnah of al-Baghawee (1/185-187) and some of them differentiate between swearing an oath by an attribute pertaining to an action and one pertaining to His Self, and they say, 'It is not permissible to swear (check?) by an attribute pertaining to an action.'
[18] Al-Kalaam 'alas-Sifaat of al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee, p. 20, Al-Hujjah fee Bayaanil-Mahajjah of Qawaamsu-Sunnah (al-Asbahaanee), 1/173, At-Tadmuriyyah (p. 43) and Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/330 and 6/355.
[19] At-Tadmuriyyah, p. 31 and Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/212.
[20] Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh liman-Baddala Deenal-Maseeh,3/145, Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 9/290, Majmoo' Fataawaa wa Rasaa'il ibn 'Utahimain, 1/166.
[21] Mukhtasarus-Sawaa'iqul-Mursalah, 2/332, 412 and 43.
[22] For a reply to the doubts and claims of similarity refer to, Ar-Risaalatut-Tadmuriyyah, Munaazaatul-'Aqeedatil-Waasitiyyah, Ar-Risaalatul-Hamawiyyatul-Kubraa and Ar-Risaaltul-Marraakhashiyyah, all of them within Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 3/1-128, 1/160-194, 5/5-121 and 5/133-193, and all of them have also been published separately.
[23] At-Tadmuriyyah, pp. 43-44, Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/36-42, Mukhtasarus-Sawaa'iqul-Mursalah, 1/238 and 2/106 -.
[24] At-Tadmuriyyah, p. 65, Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa, 5/295 and Daqaa'qut-Tafseer, 5/245.
[25] I.e., about Allaah and His actions.
[26] Badaa'I'ul-Fawaa'id if Ibnul-Qayyim, 1/162.
[27] Sha'nud-Du'aa of al-Khattaabee, p. 111.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Donia
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

JazakAllah for that info.

I still have much to learn mashallah.

Zamtsa
01-19-2009, 09:35 PM
wa fiikum barakaallah.

Hamza Asadullah
01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
JazakAllah both of you. Thank you for responding. My only intent is to try to gain knowledge so I appreciate your help in clearing things up.

JanaanThank you for the website, sister. I haven't looked at it yet but I will try to inshallah.

HamzaThank you for your response, brother. It was very helpful. I definitely understand why Sunnah is important and the benefits of it. I agree that Allah ta'aala does not ask much of us. I also think that is a mercy from Allah to only obligate us to 5 prayers because that is so little mashallah.. but there are more prayers we can pray if we are able and wish to do more.

I hope to be able to add some Sunnah prayers inshallah. I am still trying to learn my whole prayer in Arabic :). May Allah help me. I would try my best to never turn away from Allah or the prophet (sallahu ta'aala alayhe wa'salaam). I certainly do want to try to add to my good deeds as much as possible.

I just think for some people who are just starting or even have trouble concentrating during regular fard prayers, if they hear that Sunnah prayers are obligatory (which both of you cleared up that they're not.. so thank you), that might overwhelm them and they just not want to pray at all. Adhubillah. Kinda defeated before you even start. I just know Allah intends for us ease... and I had read another narration that I can't find right now so I can't quote it word for word but how originally we were supposed to pray a whole lot more everyday but Allah ta'aala dropped it to 5. I remember it because when I read it, it just made me feel closer to Allah because of how merciful that is and how kind He is mashallah.
Asalam wr wb oh of course my sister in Islam take everything in your stride and never over do it! I posted those articles for you to at least know the facts about what to pray and what those prayers mean and it is all for your own knowledge so that you may have full knowledge of these aspects of salah whenever your ready to pray them! But pls take things in your stride and do whatever you can handle and no more than that! Allah is wanting you to get closer to him sister which is such a good thing alhamdolillah! Sister is there anything else you would like to learn about or know about because i would be more than happy to provide information for you to learn on ANY topic you want! Jazakallah and remember me in ur duas aswell! Allah hafiz

Donia
01-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Thank you for posting those articles. They were VERY helpful. Gaining truthful knowledge is always a beneficial thing as is performing prayers and deeds that bring us closer to Allah.

There is a lot I want to learn mashallah and I hope Allah will guide me. I'm trying to do it little by little so as not to get overwhelmed inshallah. Thank you for offering your help. JazakAllah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.