/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness

Olive
01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
:sl:

Just remember... it's called "democracy..." imsad

Political Correctness:

Rule 1: In the Middle East, it is always the Palestinians that attack first, and it's always Israel who defends itself. This is called "retaliation".

Rule 2: The Palestinians are not allowed to kill Israelis. This is called "terrorism".

Rule 3: Israel has the right to kill Palestinian civilians; this is called "self-defense", or "collateral damage".

Rule 4: When Israel kills too many Palestinian civilians, the Western world calls for restraint. This is called the "reaction of the international community".

Rule #5: Palestinians do not have the right to capture Israeli military, not even 1 or 2.

Rule 6: Israel has the right to capture as many Palestinians as they want (around 10,000 to date being held without trial). There is no limit; there is no need for proof of guilt or trial. All that is needed is the magic word: "terrorism".

Rule 7: When you say "Hamas", always be sure to add "supported by Hezbo-Allah, Syria and Iran".

Rule 8: When you say "Israel", never say "supported by the USA, the UK, European countries and even some Arab regimes", for people (God forbid) might believe this is not an equal conflict.

Rule #9: When it comes to Israel, don't mention the words "occupied territories", "UN resolutions", "Geneva conventions". This could distress the audience of Fox, CNN, etc.

Rule #10: Israelis speak better English than Arabs. This is why we let them speak out as much as possible, so that they can explain rules 1 through 9. This is called "neutral journalism".

Rule #11: If you don't agree with these rules or if you favor the Palestinian side over the Israeli side, you must be a very dangerous anti-Semite. You may even have to make a public apology if you express your honest opinion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olive
01-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Bump.

crayon
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I just saw this picture, had no idea where to post it, didn't want to start a whole new thread for it, so I'm posting it here.

AhlaamBella
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow. Very true, sad rules. And that picture sis crayon! Really hits the nail on the head there. SubhanAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Suomipoika
02-12-2009, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I just saw this picture, had no idea where to post it, didn't want to start a whole new thread for it, so I'm posting it here.
Its the usual hate garbage. One could probably write equally touchy and stupid onesided text for Israeli side. Ill give it a try:

YOU
terrorize my granparents
attack instantly when we declare independence
evict my kin
start a tradition of invading israel every decade and not give up until we beat you repeatedly
blow up my pregnant sister in a bus
slay my uncle in his car
reward me by a rain of rockets
want to drive us to the sea
refuse to recognice our right to exist
BUT
I am to blame because I build a wall to defend my family and refuse to trade with you.

crayon
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
It's not hate garbage, more like a voice from the side less heard.

Pomak
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
start a tradition of invading israel every decade and not give up until we beat you repeatedly
1948- fought on nutral ground
1967- Isreal attacks
1983- Arabs attack(i think)
1975- Israel attacks
2006- Israel attacks
2008-Israel attacks.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Suomipoika
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
It's not hate garbage, more like a voice from the side less heard.
Which really is another cliche of the systematic campaign to demonize Israel.

There is plenty of voice in form of news underlining the suffering of palestinians, blaming only israel (and yes, there also is articles blaming only palestinians) or even from the demonstrations protesting against Israel.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
1948- fought on nutral ground
1967- Isreal attacks
1983- Arabs attack(i think)
1975- Israel attacks
2006- Israel attacks
2008-Israel attacks.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Factual accurasy was never the point of the original message either.

And I disagree with your view of the history and how things went.

crayon
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
Which really is another cliche of the systematic campaign to demonize Israel.
Oh, Israel doesn't need a campaign for that, it does it pretty well on its own.:smile:

Pomak
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
You take my water
fact. Settlers have a habbit of nicking the water in occupied palestine.
Burn olive trees
Maybe not burn but they sure do bulldoze them. (Seems like that don't believe in the basis of capitalism aka right to own property)
Destroy my house
Even the Jews don't deny this.
Take my job
Not sure what he is referring to here
steal my land
100,000's of Palo's have deeds to their property in Isreal. (see point on ownership of property)
imprison my father
there are literally 1000's of Palestinians (many without charge) in Israeli jails.
Kill my mother
See Gaza war
Starve us all
Blockage on Gaza.
Humiliate us all
True, this should be "Try to humiliate us all"

I backed up my statement, now you do the same.

AntiKarateKid
02-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, Israel doesn't need a campaign for that, it does it pretty well on its own.:smile:
Holla!

AntiKarateKid
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Its the usual hate garbage. One could probably write equally touchy and stupid onesided text for Israeli side. Ill give it a try:

YOU
terrorize my grandparents You terrorize our grandparents and all of my friends and neighbors' too
attack instantly when we declare independence Lets see what you'd do if I booted you out of your house
evict my kin You kick me out, I come back and kick you out
start a tradition of invading israel every decade and not give up until we beat you repeatedly invading Israel? With what sticks and stones? Thats all we have left mister eye for an eyelash
blow up my pregnant sister in a bus bomb entire cities back into the stone age?
slay my uncle in his car slay my uncle and the uncle of every one of my friends too
reward me by a rain of rockets rockets total casualty - 60, Israel attacks: tens of thousands?
want to drive us to the sea you deny that we even had a right to the land and call us cockroaches?
refuse to recognice our right to exist, refuse to recognize that we cooexisted for thousands of years before you decided to take my half of the room
BUT
I am to blame because I build a wall to defend my family and refuse to trade with you. Your'e too easy u know that?

Check and mate?

Suomipoika
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Even if it was true, I dont really see how that changes the message to something less hateful.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
I backed up my statement, now you do the same.
I can already see how this would end: jewish owned western kuffar source is lying, but the source which says israel is evöl is the real truth.

Besides, you also forgot to comment on the part of the hate message which belittles rocket fire against civilians. Just for example blockade of Gaza didnt start in earnest until after israeli withdrawal (ah something the little hate message forgot to mention) was rewarded with increased rocket fire.

The original message should go something like this:
you tried to settle things peacefully and unilaterally withdrew from Gaza
and we rewarded you with thousands of rockets.

Suomipoika
02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid

Check and mate?
Tit for tat? Congrats you win. The point was never in earnest, Im well aware that israelis are not blameless, but rather illustrate that the original hate message is just equal hogwash.

Whatsthepoint
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Iwas disapointed to find out most Jews are equally one-sided, I'd expected them to be different, more objective, seeing how they're educated and all.

Pomak
02-14-2009, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Iwas disapointed to find out most Jews are equally one-sided, I'd expected them to be different, more objective, seeing how they're educated and all.
Your not going to get far, insulting people.

crayon
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I am to blame because I build a wall to defend my family and refuse to trade with you.
Building a wall around your country and cutting economic relations with a different country is all fine and dandy.
Building a wall around a country that is not yours, and forbidding anything or anyone from coming in or going out, that however, is not.

Wilma_Hum
02-14-2009, 04:43 PM
In the end, we are all human.
Humans will act like humans. :D
We all have far more in common than there differences.

Whatsthepoint
02-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Building a wall around your country and cutting economic relations with a different country is all fine and dandy.
Building a wall around a country that is not yours, and forbidding anything or anyone from coming in or going out, that however, is not.
Israelis certainly think its theirs.
I'm off now, I'm gonna try getting flowers from Gaza, funny thing, Israel only lifted the siege so Gazans coud export flowers to Europe.^o)

Suomipoika
02-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Naturally (tho I have a feeling that we have rather different opinion as to what rightfully belongs to Israel). My little piece of text was never serious, it was intented to be just as full of holes as the original violence against civilians whitewashing hate fix of the day, just made for the otherside.

crayon
02-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Israelis certainly think its theirs.
Well it's not my fault they're deluded, is it?

I'm off now, I'm gonna try getting flowers from Gaza, funny thing, Israel only lifted the siege so Gazans coud export flowers to Europe.^o)
Hardy har har.:rollseyes

Naturally (tho I have a feeling that we have rather different opinion as to what rightfully belongs to Israel). My little piece of text was never serious, it was intented to be just as full of holes as the original violence against civilians whitewashing hate fix of the day, just made for the otherside.
Yes, I'm sure we do have very differing opinions on the matter.

Peace.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Well it's not my fault they're deluded, is it?
I guess that-s what Israel thinks of Gazans, so they bomb them.

crayon
02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I guess that-s what Israel thinks of Gazans, so they bomb them.
Your belief that someone is deluded does not give you the right to kill them, that doesn't even make sense...^o)

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Your belief that someone is deluded does not give you the right to kill them, that doesn't even make sense...^o)
Well why are Hamas shooting rockets based on the notion that Israel has deludedly stolen their land?

crayon
02-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Well why are Hamas shooting rockets based on the notion that Israel has deludedly stolen their land?
They're firing rockets because they are under siege, and that is not a delusion, it is fact.
And anyway, you know my stance on the rockets.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
They're firing rockets because they are under siege, and that is not a delusion, it is fact.
And anyway, you know my stance on the rockets.
Yes, but is is also a fact, I think, that the siege began because of the rockets.

crayon
02-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Haaretz

Particularly the 4th paragraph.

Oh, and occupied people have the right to resist occupation. Even if Israeli soldiers are not on Gazan soil, does not mean that Gaza is not occupied.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Haaretz

Particularly the 4th paragraph.

Oh, and occupied people have the right to resist occupation. Even if Israeli soldiers are not on Gazan soil, does not mean that Gaza is not occupied.
Yes they do and their is justice to the cause, the problem is that they have been targeting civilians instead of the IDF.
In the beginning of WWII, my people would fight Italians and Germans by blowing up enemy units and roads, despite hundreds of thousands of pro-enemy Germans and Italians living in our midst, not a single civilian was killed by the liberation front.

crayon
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes they do and their is justice to the cause, the problem is that they have been targeting civilians instead of the IDF.
In the beginning of WWII, my people would fight Italians and Germans by blowing up enemy units and roads, despite hundreds of thousands of pro-enemy Germans and Italians living in our midst, not a single civilian was killed by the liberation front.
I know, and I agree.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
I know, and I agree.
So you agree Israel had at least some moral ground attacking Gaza?

crayon
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
So you agree Israel had at least some moral ground attacking Gaza?
Israel has the right to respond to these attacks, I don't deny that and I never have. They're under attack, they're going to respond, it's common sense.
BUT I don't necessarily agree with the form that response took, or the proportionality.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Israel has the right to respond to these attacks, I don't deny that and I never have. They're under attack, they're going to respond, it's common sense.
BUT I don't necessarily agree with the form that response took, or the proportionality.
Occupying forces usually don't care for proportionality. The Krouts had the habit of killing 100 natives for one of their own.
Of course, I'm not comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.

crayon
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Occupying forces usually don't care for proportionality. The Krouts had the habit of killing 100 natives for one of their own.
Of course, I'm not comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.
Of course you're not.
But anyway, Israelis have outperformed them this time, for each Israeli death, 106 Palestinians died.

Whatsthepoint
02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Of course you're not.
But anyway, Israelis have outperformed them this time, for each Israeli death, 106 Palestinians died.
Yeah, though this number is misleading, the same way "years of living in agony and fear of rockets" is, coming from the other side.
It's not like they were shooting people at random, probably more than 50 out of 106 deaths per one Israeli could be attributed to Hamas and its launching site choosing comittee.

crayon
02-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Somewhat true.. but anyone in any way related to Hamas is considered a "militant" in the media. So it's probably way more than 50.

Pomak
02-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah, though this number is misleading, the same way "years of living in agony and fear of rockets" is, coming from the other side.
It's not like they were shooting people at random, probably more than 50 out of 106 deaths per one Israeli could be attributed to Hamas and its launching site choosing comittee.
Muslim (militant) groups have a habit of being proud of their dead. various groups admitted that about 200-250 of their fighters died.

Of course this number jumps a bit higher if police and law enforcement personnel are added.

Problem Israel has is that it doesn't understand some regional and demographic "new realities"

Yanal
02-16-2009, 01:36 AM
The military do not start war, the politicians start war.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.