/* */

PDA

View Full Version : From Yemen, news of Traitors, working for Israel

Woodrow
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
In spite of all of the
hardships facing Gaza it seems that they also face traitors from among some of our own Ummah.

This is the saddest news I have read. These people are worse than the Zionists.

Yemen tries Islamists for alleged contact with Israel PM

1 hr 44 mins ago
Yemen tries Islamists for alleged contact with Israel PM AFP/File – Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert opens the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, 2008. A Yemeni court …

SANAA (AFP) – A Yemeni court began on Saturday the trial of three Islamists accused of establishing contact with Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and offering to collaborate with the Jewish state.

The three men are accused of operating under the name of Yemen's barely-known Organisation of Islamic Jihad and spreading false news of attacks on government buildings, embassies and foreign interests in Yemen between May and September 2008.

The prosecution charged the main defendant, Bassam al-Haidari, 26, of writing directly to the prime minister of Israel by email, offering to work for the Jewish state.

"We are the Organisation of Islamic Jihad and you are Jews, but you are honest, and we are ready to do anything," Haidari said in the email sent to Olmert, the prosecution charged.

The list of charges say that Olmert responded to Haidari, also known as Abu al-Ghaith, welcoming his offer to collaborate.

"We are ready to support you to become an obstacle in the Middle East. We will support you as an agent," Olmert was quoted as writing back.

The group, which includes Imad al-Rimi, 23, and Ali al-Mahfal, 24, has also claimed in Internet messages signed by Abu al-Gaith that it prepared 16 car bombs to attack governmental buildings and embassies, according to the charges.

The three defendants denied all the charges and demanded a lawyer. The court agreed to their demand and adjourned the hearing to January 17.

Yemeni authorities rounded up six suspects in Sanaa shortly after a September 17 attack on the US embassy that killed 18 people.

The interior ministry said at the time that the arrested group included Abu al-Ghaith al-Yamani, who was the signatory of an Islamic Jihad claim of responsibility for the attack on the US mission.

Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh later that an Islamist "terrorist cell" with links to Israeli intelligence had been dismantled.

Source:http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090110...rael_newsmlmmd

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I would take it with a grain of salt.

Vito
01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
This is a pretty common thing within israel itself. The people secretly working for the govt. pretty much as 'spies'. Very sad...

AzizMostafa
01-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Do not blame them. They follow the steps of their Arab Political+Religious leaders?!
http://typophile.com/node/53099#comment-320686

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
01-10-2009, 04:58 PM
In all times and places there have been spies and/or hypocrites, today's world isn't any different, if not worse, I would say..

doorster
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I would take it with a grain of salt.
sheesh! Some people here, never miss an opportunity to pooh pooh anything that might shed some negative light on anyone/anything (but Islam), do they?

• 'Islamists emailed Olmert'

Ynet News, Israel 1/10/2009 11:23:22 AMA Yemeni court began on Saturday the trial of three Islamists accused of establishing contact with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and offering to ...

doorster
01-10-2009, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AzizMostafa
Do not blame them. They follow the steps of their Arab Political+Religious leaders?!
http://typophile.com/node/53099#comment-320686
you do not want me to start on your shiites now, do you? anyone can post picture and distort the context

UmmahFollower09
01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with the brother. there have always been traitors/ hypocrites/ spies for the gov't in our midst and today is no different. However, having traitors in our own Ummah is quite saddening

sur
01-11-2009, 01:13 AM
when leaders of countries like EGYPT r openly colaborating with Israel, why should one wonder on this news... I never read any amazement here about Husni Mubarak who sealed borders for Palestinians...!!!

Yemen used to have large population of Jews. Many migrated to israel. Some of them might have been recruited by agencies & sent back in disguise of "Islamists".... just presuming.

Dawud_uk
01-11-2009, 06:48 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

i wouldnt be suprised if it was true and i wouldnt be suprised if it was false,

the first because there were munafiqeen in the time of the prophet (saws) so they will be there now,

and the 2nd because this is coming from the government of yemen which plays a dangerous double game of siding with the secularists sometimes and cracking down on the muslims and others the opposite.

assalaamu alaykum,

north_malaysian
01-12-2009, 03:48 AM
should we call them Muslim Zionists or Zionist Jihadis?

Dawud_uk
01-12-2009, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
should we call them Muslim Zionists or Zionist Jihadis?
IF the article is true they are neither, they are not jihadis as they wouldnt be fighting for the sake of Allah and they would not be muslim either as they would have taken the jews as their awliya and allied with them and we know what Allah tells us about such people in the Quran.

doorster
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

i wouldnt be suprised if it was true and i wouldnt be suprised if it was false,

the first because there were munafiqeen in the time of the prophet (saws) so they will be there now,

and the 2nd because this is coming from the government of yemen which plays a dangerous double game of siding with the secularists sometimes and cracking down on the muslims and others the opposite.

assalaamu alaykum,
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
IF the article is true they are neither, they are not jihadis as they wouldnt be fighting for the sake of Allah and they would not be muslim either as they would have taken the jews as their awliya and allied with them and we know what Allah tells us about such people in the Quran.

back less than a week and already knee-deep in the same old business (i.e declaring who is and is not a Muslim)

:(

Chuck
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
when leaders of countries like EGYPT r openly colaborating with Israel, why should one wonder on this news... I never read any amazement here about Husni Mubarak who sealed borders for Palestinians...!!!

Yemen used to have large population of Jews. Many migrated to israel. Some of them might have been recruited by agencies & sent back in disguise of "Islamists".... just presuming.
I'm not a fan of Mubarak, but it is not same as sealing a border. Egypt had to seal its border or attacks would have spilled into Egypt. On the other hand, these people were planning to attack govt. and US interests in the name of jihad and more blood shed in the name of war on terror, Islam, etc... and unfortunately gullible Muslim would have supported these guys if truth had not come out.

Interesting speech by Dr. Paul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6vMAoFwf4

Dawud_uk
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
back less than a week and already knee-deep in the same old business (i.e declaring who is and is not a Muslim)

i dont see what is the problem with my first set of comments, as to the 2nd, i see where you are coming from but i am talking about something which is clear and known by necessity to all but in this particular case i doubt the news is true.

MO783
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
:sl:

Shame on them

doorster
01-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I see many problems with judgements being passed left right and center by people of little or no knowledge who are armed with nothing but blood-lust and ignorance.

Dawud_uk
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I see many problems with judgements being passed left right and center by people of little or no knowledge who are armed with nothing but blood-lust and ignorance.
excuse me, but you don't know me and i can tell you my heart is calm, i try never to get angry with anyone and forgive all rude remarks and comments because if i become angry i could have acted for my own desires not for the sake of Allah.

interesting link in your signature, this is much less bad than those who seek tawussul through the actual person themselves rather than on behalf of their deeds, ibn taymiyyah called this innovation not kufr, though some people call both shirk by mistake and may Allah swt guide us all where we make mistakes and forgive us, ameen.

Fishman
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Dawud Uk isn't Islamirama. Dawud hasn't been here for ages, I thought he went to live in Yemen or NW Pakistan or somewhere. He was talking about Hijrah a lot last time he was here.
:w:

Dawud_uk
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Dawud Uk isn't Islamirama. Dawud hasn't been here for ages, I thought he went to live in Yemen or NW Pakistan or somewhere. He was talking about Hijrah a lot last time he was here.
:sl: fishman,

nice to see you are still here, inshallah your studies in the deen are going well.

to be fair to the bro, he might have meant me as i was banned for nearly a year and have just been let back on again.

check out my hijrah blog on the latest on my hijrah, not got out of the west yet!

Danah
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
think about it......there are still some Jewish Yemeni in Yemen, so its normal to have some spies there

north_malaysian
01-13-2009, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
think about it......there are still some Jewish Yemeni in Yemen, so its normal to have some spies there
but the craziest thing is that these noobies calling themselves Islamic Jihad group....

01-13-2009, 01:27 AM
^ thats what always happens - when people want to defame/distort something, they work from within. This always works better - pretending to be Muslim and then doing all this weird stuff :rollseyes, because seemingly people fall right for it.

"We are the Organisation of Islamic Jihad and you are Jews, but you are honest, and we are ready to do anything,"
talk about sucking up!

Danah
01-13-2009, 08:00 AM
but the craziest thing is that these noobies calling themselves Islamic Jihad group....
probably, its a nickname to fool the others........they dont deserve to be muslims

Triumphant
01-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I dont believe it sorry

north_malaysian
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
do they have law reports/journals in Yemen?

We need the details....

Woodrow
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
do they have law reports/journals in Yemen?

We need the details....
The trial is still going on. From the English version of "The Yemeni Observer"

Three men put on trial for spying for Israel
Posted in: Front Page
Written By: Nasser Arrabyee
Article Date: Jan 11, 2009 - 6:25:07 AM

A special Yemeni court began trying three young men Saturday over terror charges and on charges of spying for Israel.

Prosecutor Ali Askar from the State Security Court accused Bassam Abdullah Al Haidary 25, Emad Ali Sa'ad Al Raimi 23, and Ali Abdullah Saleh Mahfal, 24, of contacting Israeli authorities to obtain financial support to carry out terrorist acts in Yemen.

The prosecutor showed the court, chaired by Judge Muhsen Alwan, a computer and a set of documents, including emails between Bassam Abdullah Al Haidary and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

One of the emails addressed to Ehud Olmert was read by the prosecutor in the court room, "We are the Islamic Jihad organization, we need your support. And we are ready to do whatever you want. … You, the Jews, keep your promises if you make them, though you are the enemies of Allah, you are not like the Arab rulers, who lies."

The reply said “we are ready to support you as our agents” the prosecutor said.

The three defendants denied all the charges as untrue, and asked for lawyers to defend them.

"I don’t know anything of these charges," said every one of them when asked by the judge.

The judge adjourned the session to next Saturday to give the defense lawyers a chance to review the files of the case, and to listen to evidence from the prosecutor.

The three accused belong to a six-member group which was arrested on September 21, 2008 in Sana'a, after claiming responsibility for a suicide attack on the US embassy September 17th which killed 19 people, including the six attackers. The other three were not put on trial for lack of evidence, the prosecutors office said.

After the attack on the US embassy, the group also published internet statements threatening to strike the embassies of Britain, Saudi Arabia, and the Emirates in Sana'a. The group called itself the Islamic Jihad Organization under the chairmanship of the Abu Al Ghaith Al Yamani. Security authorities have said Abu Al Ghaith Al Yamani is Bassam Abduallah Al Haidari.
Source: http://www.yobserver.com/front-page/10015535.html

You can read the story in a number of the Newpapers from Yemen, in Arabic, a few in English.

Here is the link to get the Yemen Newspapers on line.

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/yemen.htm

Fishman
01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm glad Yemen has such a brilliant legal system and honest leaders, I mean, there's no way that these accusations could just have been made up to eliminate political opposition, is there? Go Yemen! :skeleton:

north_malaysian
01-14-2009, 04:39 AM
The three defendants denied all the charges as untrue, and asked for lawyers to defend them.

"I don’t know anything of these charges," said every one of them when asked by the judge.

----------

so it could be a fitna...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.