/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters at Demo's

Re.TiReD
01-10-2009, 03:43 PM
:salamext:

I'm aware that alot of sisters go to Demo's.

But what do you think,would the brothers allow their womenfolk to go considering the majority in attendance may be men...? and some might deem it inappropriate for sisters to be there, the free-mixing etc etc

So yeh...?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Do demos actually work,

Snowflake
01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think protesting in a demo amounts to free-mixing. As long as sister's aren't forced into physical contact with brothers by the crowds, I don't see it as a problemo.

glo
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Do demos actually work,
That's an entirely different issue to the question Amatul Wadud was asking.

It may be up for debate whether demonstrations are effective or not, but regardless of that people (including women) may feel strongly enough about certain issues to make their views heard publically.

Amatul Wadud's question was whether it would be appropriate for Muslimahs to attend such demonstrations, given issues of free-mixing and the fact that the majority of demonstrators are likely to me male.

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
01-10-2009, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
and some might deem it inappropriate for sisters to be there, the free-mixing etc etc
Well, every public place you go there will be people of the opposite sex; the man has to know that his wife wouldn't attempt anything 'wrong' in his opinion.

It solely depends on the couple though, and as you've stated, there probably will be more men than women, making the women who may be appearing among vast crowds of men feel a little.. shy, perhaps?

Interesting question though, why do you post such a thread, sis' Amatul Wadud?

Re.TiReD
01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Do demos actually work,
Allahu A'lam

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:w:

I believe they will. People are now looking at something they did not believe and are feeling betrayed, the demonstrations are showing much of this feeling of betrayal.

For over 60 years the Western world had strong Sympathy and empathy for Israel. This was based upon our seeing them as innocent victims and in need of our support to protect them. It was unimaginable that these victims of the horrors of Nazi Germany could react violently against anybody. We felt a very strong need to see that these victims had all the support they need to undo the injustices they faced going back to the time of the Pharaohs. There was a feeling of joy and jubilation in seeing what we believed to be oppressed people rise up and become a strong nation.

The events of the past few weeks have brought about a view of Israel that the Western World was not prepared to face. These demonstrations are presenting a picture Westerners did not want to see. The demonstrations are going to make a big impact, because now people will not be so naive as to accept things as being what they wanted them to be.

Questions are being raised in the public mind. The public mind set or better said in German, in the Weltgeist, eventually becomes majority opinion and steers political views to what the people will support.

I believe Israel has brought about it's own demise, and Israel as it existed last year will not be the same Israel next year. These demonstrations and protests are very powerful. The only thing that would end the current trend would be if any extremist groups decide to take an aggressivest and at this time. Now is the time for Hezbullah and Hamas to cast aside their military weapons and let truth be the weapon. The media will destroy Zionism much faster and at a lower cost than any act of war.

Let us now sit back and relax and let Zionism become the target of the world media.

Hopefully some of our Brothers that are weak in sabr do not "Snatch Defeat out of the jaws of Victory." By acting at a time when inaction is the best action.
And I agree ^ :)

JazakAllah khayr for the responses so far :thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Interesting question though, why do you post such a thread, sis' Amatul Wadud?
Because I was interested in what other people think (:

And because there have obviously been lotsa protests up and down the country, wondering how many bro's allowed for their womenfolk to attend and the reasons why/why not.

Sahabiyaat
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
i know my father doesnt like me going to protests because of the crowds of men and women together. But when i do go,...it really doesnt seem a problem for me, everyones so busy protesting, no one really notices each other.Well thats me anyway.

S_87
01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
i dont usually go because its easy to get carried away but today im going inshaAllah..otherwise for any and everything no its not the best place for sisters imo.. though we do make up numbers which is good :?

julie sarri
01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
personally from my point of view i wouldn't want to go to a demo i dont feel its the right place for a muslimah to be that is just my view i perfer to send emails and complain to the embassy's or write letter to get my view across yes i want my view put across but do i really need to stand in a crowed shouting at the top of my voice getting pushed around in the crowd i think i will will leave it to the brother's who are stronger and more able to deal with a busy crowed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.