/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Islamic Action Brings You Most Peace?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh

Seriously im curious.

Is it dhikr?

Is it salaah?

Is it Quran?

Is it to simply listen and think?

What do you do when you feel agitated.
What do you do when you feel angry.

When you feel the most peace inside, what is the reason?

jazakAllaah khair to any of those who share their thoughts and feelings.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
:wasalamex

Seriously im curious.
Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back :thumbs_up

Is it dhikr?
Imagine this: I'm really stressed out, upset, close to breaking down, the tears wont stop....Rabbi Inni Maghlooban fantasir...It's my Du'aa..seriously I cant describe the calming effect it has.

Is it salaah?
Imagine this: I feel alone, no practising people or family members around me, TV is on....Random stuff around me. I go to my room and pray...My Salah is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going

Is it Quran?
Imagine this: I'm close to burn out...Cant concentrate, Nafl salah isnt such a good idea when you're distracted, I need summin to soothe my soul....Listen to Abu Bakr Shatri :thumbs_up

Mmhmm....Although the question is, which Islamic action...Although I guess pondering over Allah (swt's) Creation is kool.

Recitation...or sing to myself :-[

Make wudhu if I can.

Otherwise...erm....nothing you'd wanna know :$

When I know I've been the best Amatu Allah I can be, thats when I feel happiest and at peace...Feel blessed, alhamdulillah

WassalamuAlaykum :)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
jazakIllah khair

appreciate it

~Taalibah~
01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
:sl:

I get the best peace all round when i shut out all worldy noise around me best possibly and recite the Qur'aan Shareef aloud. Subhanallah, the effect is really soothing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
mashAllaah

Ansariyah
01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
:wasalamex

The humility I feel after I raise my head from Sujud. Brings me Tranquility, no words can ever describe.

When I am angry, I make dua that Allah calms me down. Stay away from anger it's from shaytan. A sincere dua can truly move mountains, I have seen it happen. Taking effective steps to solve the problem that angers me is also important, like talking about it?

InshaAllah change is inevitable so whatever that seems like a big deal now, will soon fade, n it'll feel like it never happened. Stay positive!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
^ jazakIllah khair

Now i'll answer myself.

I have never felt more tranquility then after the dua' AFTER reciting dhikr for at least an hour.

Its as though the heart becomes mush, the head is clear... the body is light... the mind at peace...

subhanAllah..

Güven
01-12-2009, 03:01 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Is it dhikr?
Yes Sometimes when you are in the bus to home and you finished all your stuff(school, work etc.) then I have a sudden need for dhikr and that makes me feel relaxed.

Is it salaah?
Absolutely! and its even better when there is NO ONE around you!

Is it Quran?
Yep only if you are concentrated.

and to concentrate is something realy hard to do sometimes.

Only if you can concentrate :D

Salaah and Dua!

oh and the thing is when I feel VERY angry , you know those outburst ....uhmm Ok I have a limit when I become angry but if i exceed that limit that anger turns into a laugh :X

Do you have that too sometimes ? lol

Relieved...things are going well.....On time for Salaah etc.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
:

oh and the thing is when I feel VERY angry , you know those outburst ....uhmm Ok I have a limit when I become angry but if i exceed that limit that anger turns into a laugh :X

Do you have that too sometimes ? lol
:w:

lol i can relate bro ! seriously i know what you mean! its like your so over the edge you dont know what to do, laughing calms it down a bit. lol

Relieved...things are going well.....On time for Salaah etc.
mashAllah, its true, keeping the peace during chaos is something only people with mountains of emaan can do...

jazakAllah khair brO :)

noorseeker
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
When you do a good deed, and you leave a smile on that persons face and inshallah a good impresion of islam.

aamirsaab
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Wudhu, prayer and doing good (like helping people)

Yanal
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM

Seriously im curious.

Is it dhikr?

Is it salaah?

Is it Quran?
I read the Quran only twice the week.

Yes I think it is.

What is agitated?

I breathe in & out.

Salah, it calms my heart.

jazakAllaah khair to any of those who share their thoughts and feelings.[/QUOTE]

Danah
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Is it Quran?

the most two things bring me most peace.........

especially if I listen to Reverts

crayon
01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Du'aa, definitely.
Only when I say it when I'm alone though.

Zico
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Definitely when I hear a beautiful voice calling for salat :)

:w:

Pk_#2
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Being Muslim.imsad

Hamayun
01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Salaah! Number one peace giver. Has an amazing soothing effect.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
some beautiful replies, mashAllah

ajnabee
01-12-2009, 07:18 PM

hmm wow thats a hard one. qur'an has a soothing effect on me when i listen to it, but when i recite it, its like i get this thirst for readin the words of allah n i just dont wanna put it down.

the time i was at most peace was prolly when i was staring at the ka'bah although i dunno if u would class staring at the house of allah an islamic action lol i just know i felt like nothing else mattered n everything else can wait, i was just so mesmerised n so comforted by staring at the ka'bah.

but i think its gotta be making du'a to allah, like proper sincere du'a when u cant help but cry like a baby n u get all like snotty :-[ and u would never get like that in front of anyone else lol 'cept the one who is most merciful. n its like u know allah is listenin to every word n like u get the feelin that he "gets u" n knows EXACTLY what ur feeling that u dont even need to put it into words. n then u just get this sakeenah, like this whole load of weight has been lifted off ur shoulders n like u realise that truly in the remembrance of allah do hearts find satisfaction.

apologies for the long post... :-[

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 07:18 PM
^ jazakIllah khair for the long reply

it hasnt been read just yet, but it shall in due time

Umar001
01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

You know different things bring calmness or are beloved to different people. Thus some, after the obligatory acts, fast, and this is beloved to them, others pray extra and find their happyness through that and find it easy and at ease, others are able to do zuhud, and find that the way, and others seek knowledge and find their heart at peace through this.

SubhanAllah but how easy are acts of worship for him whom Allah has mercy on.

I hope we get peace.

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
subhanAllaah, i think three of us have said dua' so far.

i agree, dua' is simply amazing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.