/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear glasses?

~Taalibah~
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
:sl:

A.. uh.. completely irrelevant thread which i have an idea might be closed:X, but i'm hoping not...:blind:

Do you wear glasses? What color? Shape? And what do you feel is the best way to clean the lenses?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Wyatt
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Actually, no. Every other person in my family wears glasses except for me. I've always had exceptional eyesight! You never answered your own poll. Do you? :D

mystifyed
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
i dont wear glasses but my sis does
maybe she will answer ur question

KittyKat
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I do and I just got a new pair last week.

They are plastic tortoise shell "cool/techie" looking frames with poly carb/coated non-reflect lenses.

I use the professional glass cleaning stuff on them because it was given to me free at the eyedoctor. Though I did mention in passing that I used Windex before and I got a good scolding! LOL

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
01-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I was in the best, and I think the best way to clean lenses is wipe them with small piece of cotton mixed with velvet

btw, I did not vote, because I was in the past.....and dont know whether to put yes or no

Faseeha
01-12-2009, 08:27 PM

I do wear classes, but not a big fan of them so try to stick to contact lenses. As for cleaning the glasses, i use the cloth that comes with them.

Pk_#2
01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok
Actually, no. Every other person in my family wears glasses except for me. I've always had exceptional eyesight! You never answered your own poll. Do you? :D
Exactly the same, except I dun see very well, but my optician thinks otherwise! Well.. atleast I dun needa wear gogglez. :thumbs_up

Danah
01-12-2009, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim

I do wear classes, but not a big fan of them so try to stick to contact lenses. As for cleaning the glasses, i use the cloth that comes with them.
yeah usually the cloth come with them are made of velvet and cotton

Musaafirah
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Ya, I wear glasses, though as am short sighted I don't wear 'em that often. In fact I only wear 'em e few a times a year and then only for the whiteboard or when I drive long distances and wanna be careful lol. Though optician seems to think I'm blind. But then another one didn't. Oh, they're far too confuzzling.
I use the cloth that came with my glasses lol. :)
Why'd you wanna know? Just general info? Or are you wanting advice from professional glass wearers?

wildkat
01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Well.. atleast I dun needa wear gogglez. :thumbs_up
Glasses Pk, glasses!

I have worn glasses since I was about 11 and I hate em! Even tho I got a nice pair of purple frames I wear contacts everywhere and as soon I as can afford it, i'm getting laser eye surgery done!

S_87
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
yup i do.

Faith.
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes.....But they're cool, they make me look intelligent...:D

UmmSqueakster
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I *heart* my glasses. Been wearing them for 15 years, can't do anything without them.

Danah
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by XxFaithxX
Yes.....But they're cool, they make me look intelligent...:D
wow...intelligent :D
so, I was intelligent in the past, and now I am stupid :blind: :p

Yanal
01-13-2009, 12:56 AM
My sister wears it. Don't know what size and don't care too. As for cleaning the lens use a napkin.

Faith.
01-13-2009, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
After your brill results sis...No way!:D

Woodrow
01-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Mine are the standard issue type from the VA hospital. Very plain. I get them usually about 6 at a time as I loose them often. Only need them for seeing stuff close up so when I am messing around with the horses if I have them in my pocket they either get lost of broken.

I don't think a pair has lasted me lond enough to bother cleaning them.

Actually I just run them under water and dry with a towel.

~Taalibah~
01-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I wear glasses, yup. They are black and white on the inside..

format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
I *heart* my glasses. Been wearing them for 15 years, can't do anything without them.

^Kinda this shape but thinner rims and no rims at the bottom, just the top and half the sides.
Nah, glasses just make ppl look intelligent.lol. Nothing really to do with the real thing. I use mine mostly for reading, looking at close stuff and the computer as it has some glare reflective thing.

~Taalibah~
01-13-2009, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Ya, I wear glasses, though as am short sighted I don't wear 'em that often. In fact I only wear 'em e few a times a year and then only for the whiteboard or when I drive long distances and wanna be careful lol. Though optician seems to think I'm blind. But then another one didn't. Oh, they're far too confuzzling.
I use the cloth that came with my glasses lol. :)
Why'd you wanna know? Just general info? Or are you wanting advice from professional glass wearers?
Just curious if more ppl here wear glasses or not and i asked about cleaning because i have hells cleaning mine sometimes. Just cant get those touch/wipe marks off.

I do use that cloth that comes with the glasses but if i dont clean it everyday then it gets hard to get the marks off and i cant stand seeing thru that! Only started wearing last year..

Lonely Gal
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I wear them, mainly stick to contact lenses tho. If im just about the house then i'll leave me glasses. Their Osiris black ones, with a gap between the lense and the frame on each edge..
I only clean them with the cloth, I find if i do it each time I put me glasses on, they dont really get dirty/smudgy

Danah
01-13-2009, 10:43 AM
well, dont you guys think about lasic operation?

KashifB
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't wear glasses yet but I wil be pretty soon!

Periwinkle18
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
i wear glasses sis saya i think u've seen dem anyways mines are oval in shape, the colour is maroon i also hav anotherone its copper n black but the glass broke wen i was playing basketball forgot to take them off :P, i've given them to my dad InshaAllah he'll take it to the guy he bought dem frm he'll fix dem. I use a velvet cloth r a napkin to clean dem.

i want to buy lens but my mum says she'll buy me dem wen i turn 18 say im too lil. :(

Danah
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i wear glasses sis saya i think u've seen dem anyways mines are oval in shape, the colour is maroon i also hav anotherone its copper n black but the glass broke wen i was playing basketball forgot to take them off :P, i've given them to my dad InshaAllah he'll take it to the guy he bought dem frm he'll fix dem. I use a velvet cloth r a napkin to clean dem.

i want to buy lens but my mum says she'll buy me dem wen i turn 18 say im too lil. :(

yeah I remember saw them :)
I tried lens for only one week, and it was the worst nightmare in my life:blind:, I cant put my finger near my eyes, I scared, but I had to put them for that week

but alhumdulilah, I just had a lasic operation and it finished :)

my glasses were black oval, small some how....and I was cleaning them with a cloth mixed of velvet and cotton

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
but alhumdulilah, I just had a lasic operation and it finished :)

my glasses were black oval, small some how....and I was cleaning them with a cloth mixed of velvet and cotton
i hope im not off topic but is it true they give you a video of your operation so that you know nothing dodgy has happened?

or has someone told me yet another weird rumour?

I saw videos of laser eye surgery, it just put me off.

Also is it true its not just once in a lifetime but you must go back for it every so and so?

Also just how effective is it? Is your eyesight better then you ever remember before?

finally how much did it cost?

i hope im not being too intrusive

Zico
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM

Used to but alhamduluallah I've done the lazer thingy (forgot the name :P).

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zico

Used to but alhamduluallah I've done the lazer thingy (forgot the name :P).

then perhaps you can answer my qusetions above? :)

Danah
01-13-2009, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
i hope im not off topic but is it true they give you a video of your operation so that you know nothing dodgy has happened?

I did not have one, may be you need to ask for it, or may be some hospitals do that

its scary somehow, I did not see a video before the operation because I knew I will change my mind if I saw it. I saw it after the operation

Also is it true its not just once in a lifetime but you must go back for it every so and so?
They told me that there is a probability around 2% that my sight turn back to what it was when I was wearing glasses. So they might need to do another free complementary operation again

Also just how effective is it? Is your eyesight better then you ever remember before?
after one and a half year, alhumdulilah I dont have any problems. and my sight improved to better

differ from one country to another, and one hospital to another, and also from one type to another or even depend on your sight
mine cost me around 3500 $

KMA
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM
best way of cleaning them is to use a special microfibre cleaning cloth and some spectacle cleaning spray. cotton cloths will scratch lenses.

as for laser treatment. unless you really need to, ie your incredibly short sighted (more than say -9.00) then imo dont.

Salaams

KMA

p.s. im an optician.

Zico
01-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Nope sorry.

Like what?

Nah its nothing really. Not even painful, tickly though lol. Btw the cool thing the Doc did was to put a clock right in front of me so that when im done with the lazer thingy I would tell him what the time it is. It feels great.

Note: That the whole lazer thingy took 10 min, 5 min per eye.

Yes its true, I've been told every 5 yrs.

Clearly YES! alhamduluallah!

Can't remember though...I think around 600-800 KD.

i hope im not being too intrusive
No you're not. Good questions though :)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KMA
best way of cleaning them is to use a special microfibre cleaning cloth and some spectacle cleaning spray. cotton cloths will scratch lenses.

as for laser treatment. unless you really need to, ie your incredibly short sighted (more than say -9.00) then imo dont.

Salaams

KMA

p.s. im an optician.
^ mashAllaah!!

please stick around then!

and also seeing as your an optician, i wanted to ask, will my vision become worser if i have difficulty reading signs etc and yet dont wear glasses?

jazakAllah khair zico, appreciate it :)

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KMA

Salaams

KMA

p.s. im an optician.
AssalamuAlaykum

Ooh kool....do you mind if I ask you a question then please. Are you required to 'convert' x amount of people in a day? Or is that just a lie?

Aaand, what is the rationale behind giving a stronger powered lens for a week to check if the sight has worsened or not, surely the eye would have grown accustomed to that particular lens after a week anyway and the patient would have to stick with it..Right?

WassalamuAlaykum

ardianto
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes. I do wear glasses with plastic lenses, not glass.
I use smoth tissue paper for clean my glasses lenses.

ardianto
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
well, dont you guys think about lasic operation?
Too expensive for me. I'm not a rich man.

Danah
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Too expensive for me. I'm not a rich man.
Well, Some hospitals are just playing with cost.....I read that in Thailand the operation cost only 800$ or even less.
while some other had it with 4000$ or even more

ardianto
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, Some hospitals are just playing with cost.....I read that in Thailand the operation cost only 800$ or even less.
while some other had it with 4000$ or even more
In Indonesia operation cost only 750$ or even less.

I'm not a rich man, it's true. But I'm just kidding when I said "Too Expensive for me". If I save my money I can afford to pay operation cost.
So, why I never thinking about Lasic operation ? That's because my eyes condition is not too bad. I can read, I can drive a car without my glasses.

جوري
01-13-2009, 05:56 PM
glasses and contacts
here is my pair
I have three pairs a DKNY, Oliver peoples and recently on the cheap

which has been the lightest and most suitable.. actually DKNY was too but this is even better..

I'D refrain from operations!

Danah
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
In Indonesia operation cost only 750$ or even less.

I'm not a rich man, it's true. But I'm just kidding when I said "Too Expensive for me". If I save my money I can afford to pay operation cost.
So, why I never thinking about Lasic operation ? That's because my eyes condition is not too bad. I can read, I can drive a car without my glasses.
Oh masha allah, you can live without it? so you really dont have to waste your money for it

AntiKarateKid
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I wear glasses but prefer my contact lenses because I look so much hawter LOL. :statisfie

Whatsthepoint
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't.

Nájlá
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
nope dont wear glasses but it looks like i will soon imsad

~Taalibah~
01-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Saya: I'd stay away from the operation (any one for that matter) unless really necessary! And my eyes are not bad really.:x

Danah
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Saya: I'd stay away from the operation (any one for that matter) unless really necessary! And my eyes are not bad really.:x
well, I was suffering before the operation, I got bothered to wear niqab with glasses, its soo comforting now to wear it without the glasses :)
and my sight was soo bad thats why I need it

ardianto
01-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh masha allah, you can live without it? so you really dont have to waste your money for it
Alhamdulillah, I can.

Dont imagine my glasses is thick like a bottle bottom. It's thin and cheap, only (equal) 40 US$, and help me to get better sight.

Olive
01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Erm, kinda. I wear contacts though... not glasses. :)

~Taalibah~
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Hmm i should have put 'contacts' as an option...
Never realized so many ppl wore contacts.

Soulja Girl
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM

Yeaaa... I like my glasses... :)

Silver
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I do and I keep breaking them...once, i bought a pair of glasses and I broke them after 3 days :S :S I hate glasses!!!!!

Soulja Girl
01-14-2009, 04:56 PM

I never broked a pair of glasses until... A few weeks ago... I was so gutted... :rollseyes

Now I gotta pay so much... :X

Faith.
01-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Im due an eye test soon:X

Danah
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM
you people of contact, how dare you touch your eyes by your fingers......I could not do that :(

dont you scared?!!

wildkat
01-14-2009, 05:39 PM
lol no not at all! It doesnt hurt

Silver
01-14-2009, 05:48 PM
you people of contact, how dare you touch your eyes by your fingers......I could not do that

dont you scared?!!
When I'm in class, I prefer to wear glasses...I do wear contacts and touching my eyes with my fingers is not a problem at all...but I remember the 1st time i wore contacts, it took me about half-an-hour to put them on :) then it became easy :D

Danah
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
lol no not at all! It doesnt hurt
lol...I know it doesnt hurt, but I tried them for one week only....and spent around 15 min just to put one:blind:
I get nervous when touching my eyes...:-[
and I scared if the lenses keep moving up and down in my eyes:exhausted

Faseeha
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
you people of contact, how dare you touch your eyes by your fingers......I could not do that

dont you scared?!!
I've been wearing contacts for over 5 years now, when i just started it used to take me a long time to get it on, and just as long to take it off and i used to lose them so often, now its a usual part of my routine, like brushing my teeth, i can even wear them without a mirror in front of me, and its been a really long time since i last lost one.

So i guess with time you become used to it, and your eyes adjust to having something in them, and it doesn't feel so bad anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.