/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel sending Reservists, behind the story.

The_Prince
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Now as many of you know, Israel has BARRED all journalists from entering Gaza to cover whats going on, hence we are not able to verify the losses on Israels side. but as they usually say, there is a story behind the main story, i think most of us can agree that Israel is taking more losses than their letting on, after all they are controlling most info thats comming out due to their banning of the media.

now comes the latest story that israel is sending in reservists to fight along the main soldiers, and this should tell us something, it tells us that Israels ground offensive is not going all smoothly, after all, if Israel was achieving all its goals and going according to plan as they claim, then why start sending in for more re-inforcements? as they say, theres a story behind the story, and whats not in the story is usually the main story. does it make any sense, Israel claims that they have greatly affected Hamas' fighting capabilities, yet rockets are still being fired on a daily basis, Hamas fighters continue to take part in heavy gun battles, and now we hear the news that Israel is planning to send in reserve forces! you put 2 and 2 together and you can see an opposite picture, its not all green for Israel, and they were expecting this fight to have been over by now, but its not, and the ground op isnt going as good as they hoped, hence we now need to send in the reservists!

Israel did learn from the 2006 war, not in fighting techniques, rather in controlling the media, Israel's home support during the 2006 war began to fade with the news of losses, so Israel smartened up, they ban the media from getting into Gaza thereby effectively managing to silence any losses on their side, thereby also managing to keep the support for the war going.

.................................................. .................................................. ..
Despite the tightening Israeli cordon, militants managed to fire off at least 15 rockets Monday. There were no reports of injuries, though one rocket hit a house in the southern city of Ashkelon.

A few hours after that strike, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visited Ashkelon and said Israel would end the conflict if rocket fire on Israel stops and Hamas is unable to rearm.

"Anything else will be met with the Israeli people's iron fist," Olmert said. "We will continue as long as necessary to remove this threat from our heads."

Black smoke rose over Gaza City's suburbs, where the two sides skirmished throughout the night. At least 16 Palestinians were killed on Monday, Gaza health officials said. Among the dead was a militant killed in a northern Gaza battle.

The army announced Sunday that it was sending reserve units into Gaza to assist thousands of ground forces already in the territory. The use of reserves is a strong signal that Israel is planning to move the offensive,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090112/...l_palestinians

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
Now as many of you know, Israel has BARRED all journalists from entering Gaza to cover whats going on, hence we are not able to verify the losses on Israels side. but as they usually say, there is a story behind the main story, i think most of us can agree that Israel is taking more losses than their letting on, after all they are controlling most info thats comming out due to their banning of the media.
I don't think so, although I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility. But that sort of control over the news media is standard form these days and pretty much has been for every conflict post-Vietnam (where journos pretty much wandered about where they liked). The reason is principally that the modern transmission of news is so rapid that one side could easily end up watching a TV report, or reading an internet story, about a new surprise offensive (or whatever) before it even started. In the 1982 Falklands War, for example, something similar was only avoided because the Argentinians thought it so unlikely the British media would do something so unbelievably stupid, and assumed it was a deliberate attempt to deceive them!

Journalists are in no position to 'verify losses', anyway.

01-13-2009, 01:15 AM
[to thread starter]

That's a high possibility, it seems a trend amongst those 'in power' to disguise the fact that they may be finding it extremely difficult to gain victory. Bearing in mind that the Palestinians are ready to die, yet the Israelis only fight when they have a massive army and all the weaponry they could imagine whilst their oponents are few and have mere stones to fight back with... as usual, cowards.

The_Prince
01-13-2009, 01:41 AM
lets assume that Israel has killed 400 hamas fighters as they claim, well, hamas has 20,000 fighters, u telling me killing 400 is a major success???? those 400 fighters will be replaced in no time thanks to this war, the people will be very angry and many will be signing up to join hamas, so they have killed 400, and 800 will replace them.

a success for Israel against hamas is to kill at least 15,000 of its fighters, destroy all its weapons, and fighting capabilities, destroying all its charitible projects etc etc, and this my friends is never going to happen, and this war is not going to do that neither, Israel will never defeat the resistence, hamas is only going to evolve and get stronger and stronger, with each war and conflict hamas learns more and gets more experiance and just comes out stronger, lets not forget people, hamas is still a new group, they were created in 1987, but it was only until 1993 that they started making a millitary wing, theyre millitary wing is only up to 16 years old, they are still a very new fresh group.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
themuffinman
01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
i really hope ur right man, i hope hamas is putting up a fight and killing these zionist scum left and right

Keltoi
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
From a report I saw last night from a journalist imbedded with the IDF it appears that Hamas is either waiting for the Israelis to enter Gaza City or are choosing not to fight in any conventional sense. The IDF soldiers were saying they were disappointed in the lack of actual fighting going on.

S_87
01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
From a report I saw last night from a journalist imbedded with the IDF it appears that Hamas is either waiting for the Israelis to enter Gaza City or are choosing not to fight in any conventional sense. The IDF soldiers were saying they were disappointed in the lack of actual fighting going on.
they are disappointed because they cant blame hamas for them being baby killing dogs.

IslamicRevival
01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
They would say that now wouldnt they? After all they are LIARS

In reality Hamas are destroying the Israeli army even with limited weaponry.

Israel know it and so does everyone else.

If it was the other way round and Hamas had F16s, Tanks etc Israel would be finished off by now.

Najm
01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
they are disappointed because they cant blame hamas for them being baby killing dogs.
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Exactly!!! Their propaganda is being broken down by the day!!! As people wake up. Journalists have nothing to report from the Israeli side. All they say is "we are closer to achieving our goals", we have "killed the militants", we have a "right to defend". The media is getting bored of all the lies! The propaganda its soo lame!

FiAmaaniAllah

p.s. i don't know to subscribe to the thread, so i had to post!

Allah Hafiz

Keltoi
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
They would say that now wouldnt they? After all they are LIARS

In reality Hamas are destroying the Israeli army even with limited weaponry.

Israel know it and so does everyone else.

If it was the other way round and Hamas had F16s, Tanks etc Israel would be finished off by now.
Hamas are destroying the Israeli army? Somehow I doubt that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.