/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To All Muslims

Zico
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
:sl:

As an Arab, born and raised as a Muslim and living in Muslim lands, I cannot imagine myself living in any other place.
I am extremely fascinated at how Muslims living outisde as well as in this very forum new and old have that immense passion of Islam that I sadly see this at home.

So whats you're secret? do tell me.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zico

What's my secret??

This:

Narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Works wonders to keep it in mind :thumbs_up

WassalamuAlaykum

rpwelton
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
edit

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM

As an Arab, born and raised as a Muslim and living in Muslim lands, I cannot imagine myself living in any other place.
I am extremely fascinated at how Muslims living outisde as well as in this very forum new and old have that immense passion of Islam that I sadly see this at home.

recitation of the Quran and the salaah backed up by good parenting bro.

My parents shielded me from bad examples from a young age and baught me up to love islaam.

Alhamdulillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zico
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
What's my secret??

This:

Narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Works wonders to keep it in mind :thumbs_up

WassalamuAlaykum
Ya I get what you're saying, it brings chills when thinking about it :)

format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
edit
What?!

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
recitation of the Quran and the salaah backed up by good parenting bro.

My parents shielded me from bad examples from a young age and baught me up to love islaam.

Alhamdulillah
Mashallah :) Very good parents :)

Thinker
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
That’s a good question. I have worked in other countries and have noted that people away from their native lands seek each other out and go to extra lengths to make overt displays of their nationality. It seems that in such circumstances there is something inherent in people to make overt and explicit displays and statements about who they are.

I have noted the lengths that some people on this forum go to express their commitment to Islam by (for example) seeking out the smallest detail of the sunnah (e.g. the guy that recently made a post about wearing his trousers higher than his ankles). I have travelled to, lived and worked in Muslim countries (Egypt, Indonesia and the Emirates) and seen there how most Muslims don’t spend their time searching for ways to follow the sunnah in ever greater detail. In answer to the question posed by Zico I believe that what he is observing is an awakening but just ordinary human nature.

doorster
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Al Sunnah - Meaning and Types

Daffodil
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM

Say it aint so. Where exactly do you reside? What do you mean that you hardly see Islam where you are. What aspects are lacking there that you think we arent as fellow Muslims residing in darul kufr?

I think living in th UK makes you more aware of your differences to the kufar and the more you see the ills in society and the way the kuffar are with themselves and eachother it makes your more determined to cling on to the deen so that we dont become like them because you see their misguidance and how messed up they are in terms of mentally and physically and most important spiritually that you do not want to become like them.

Whats it like living in a Muslim country. I want to make hijrah inshallah. Please make dua Allah swt grants me the means and the way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.