/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boycotts so far..

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 05:59 PM
One text message circulating in the Netherlands claimed that Aldi and Lidl would "donate part of their profits to Israel." The chain message was begun by a group of activists and quickly spread through the Moroccan community The two companies quickly denied the rumour in the hope of limiting losses. It is not known whether many customers heeded the call, but American coffee chain Starbucks admitted the boycott had already caused "a downturn" in business.

Alhamdhulillah! :D

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
:salamext:

Im very disappointed...

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Im very disappointed...
Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

You want them to shut down too? imsad

:wasalamex

01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Aldi and Lidl are NOT donating to israel!!!!!

Its a HOAX!!

source

It's Tesco, Sainsburies, Marks&Spencer and all those big jewy stores that you ought to be boycotting! The big companies are those made bankrupt and taken over by Zionists!!

And then they try and make it worse by diverting people from the normal stores- it means more money for them!

Support those that don't support Israel!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Yup read this also:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/article.php?id=10273

Chain emails and SMS's have been circulating calling for a boycott of Lidl and Aldi supermarkets claiming that:

"Lidl and Aldi supermarkets declared publicly on TV from their HQ's in Germany that they will donate all their takings/ revenue to Israel during this war on Gaza."

The public revulsion at the slaughter in Gaza is such that fearing a mass consumer boycott both companies have reacted quickly and issued statements that they do not fund Israel, that the rumours are not true.
Aldi's press release states:

Following the communication of unfounded rumours, Aldi confirms that it does not provide Israel with any source of financial funding or support the Israel – Gaza conflict. Aldi has never declared that it will donate store revenue to Israel during the conflict and any such claims are completely untrue. One of Aldi’s core principles is to remain independent of any political views and situations.

http://www.inminds.co.uk/img/2009-01.aldi.jpg

http://www.aldipresscentre.co.uk/con...conflictt.aspx
Lidl's press release in German simply denies the rumnour.

http://www.inminds.co.uk/img/2009-01.lidl.jpg

http://www.lidl.de/cps/rde/xchg/lidl...1530_60559.htm
It should be pointed out that whilst Lidl and Aldi may not be sending their revenue to Israel, along with other supermarkets like Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Marks & Spencer, and Waitrose they stock fruit and vegetables stolen from the Palestinian occupied territories and exported under the Israeli label Carmel Agrexco. For example both stock israeli sweet potatoes:

Leading Israeli exporter Agrexco is sending a vibrant array of products to the UK this winter.. The UK is Agrexco’s main market for sweet potato exports, ahead of Holland for distribution across Europe, and France. The exporter supplies to Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Marks & Spencer, and Waitrose, as well as discounters Lidl and Aldi.

http://www.freshinfo.com/index.php?s=r&ss=fd&sid=40130
Pressure must be brought on all these supermarkets to stop selling produce grown on stolen Palestinian land.

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I know it says on the website that they denied the rumours, where's the problem? =D

I highlighted what I wanted you to read.

Güven
01-13-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Aldi and Lidl are NOT donating to israel!!!!!

Its a HOAX!!

source

:ooh: so its fine to buy groceries from those supermarkets?

Najm
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Boycotting in progress

Is there any StarBucks where i live?

FiAmaaniAllah

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
I know it says on the website that they denied the rumours, where's the problem? =D

I highlighted what I wanted you to read.
Read the middle of my post.

Najm
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM

You've got other supermarkets you can go to ahki, have you tried Waitrose?:D

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 06:49 PM
no wonder lidl isnt getting anywhere

lol

ok read rose ices post

now im wonderin what makes em so poor lol

perhaps its honest-ness? :ooh:

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

You've got other supermarkets you can go to ahki, have you tried Waitrose?:D

FiAmaaniAllah
Wa'alaykumsalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

I've made it in red now, OMR you blonde people,

It's starbucks you needa boycott,

All the best, boycott like crazy!

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
hold on amatul wadudy, let me check this out...

Ok...but my main point was....

It should be pointed out that whilst Lidl and Aldi may not be sending their revenue to Israel, along with other supermarkets like Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Marks & Spencer, and Waitrose they stock fruit and vegetables stolen from the Palestinian occupied territories and exported under the Israeli label Carmel Agrexco. For example both stock israeli sweet potatoes:
Dunno if its true tho

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
starbucks been on boycott list for time

lol i think eeevery muslim i know boycotts em ;D

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Wa'alaykumsalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

I've made it in red now, OMR you blonde people,

It's starbucks you needa boycott,

All the best, boycott like crazy!
We're not blonde...we're just hijacking ur thread :thumbs_up

Güven
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
no wonder lidl isnt getting anywhere

lol

ok read rose ices post

now im wonderin what makes em so poor lol

perhaps its honest-ness? :ooh:
they aint poor in the netherlands they are quite popular here ! :ooh:

So YES or NO ? I need to be sure.

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Starsucks!

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 06:53 PM

Boycotting in progress

Is there any StarBucks where i live?

FiAmaaniAllah
Starbucks closed where you live, it's now buckwilds (a pub)

Dunno if there's any more.

Pk_#2
01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
they aint poor in the netherlands they are quite popular here ! :ooh:

So YES or NO ? I need to be sure.
NO to boycott

YES to shopping,

still confused?

Ask jeeves dot com.

Najm
01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
We're not blonde...we're just hijacking ur thread :thumbs_up

So are we Boycotting, all the supermarkets, and Waitrose? :-[

I guess ill have to buy groceries from Shurma Store!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 06:57 PM

So are we Boycotting, all the supermarkets, and Waitrose? :-[

I guess ill have to buy groceries from Shurma Store!!!

*bangs head against wall*

Sorry...According to my article you boycott but duno how saheeh that is so continue shopping insha'Allah :thumbs_up

Starsucks, M&S and the like are on ur boycott list

جوري
01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
an addendum:

I got this today by email.. don't know if it is true..
to be honest though I love coffee, starbuck's doesn't make a good cup... try french roast with cardamom fresh ground at home (in other words invest in a coffee maker) and a traveling mug.. save money, save lives...
and well I really can't believe that anyone would eat fast foods :hmm: let alone from a place like Mcdonalds

Subject: Together we can make a difference!

Dear all,
McDonald's and Starbucks have today announced that they will be donating all profits from now until Sunday to Israel war. Also, the producers of Adam Sandler's new movie Bed Time Stories will be donating their profits to Israel .
Be informed, and urge others to boycott McDonald's and Starbucks. Also don't take your kids to see a movie that promotes violence by association.
Together we can make a difference!
Please pass this email to as many people as you know. Thanks

Najm
01-14-2009, 02:31 AM

*bangs head against wall*

Sorry...According to my article you boycott but duno how saheeh that is so continue shopping insha'Allah :thumbs_up

Starsucks, M&S and the like are on ur boycott list

How could you steal my writing!!! Grrr, Thread Hijacked!!! And soo is your writing!!!

What do you mean" the like"?:-[ Your confused :X

Thread should be linked to.....http://www.islamicboard.com/news-gaz...tt-israel.html

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-14-2009, 02:33 AM

As Muslims we need to do what we can to help our brothers and sisters, my brothers and sisters in Gaza are getting murdered out there. We must unite, and support them. Boycotting may seem pointless to some, but if everyone unites, and boycotts individually, then it'll be boycotted collectively.

Palestine are asking for us. It is our responsibility and obligation, individually and collectively, to support Muslims, all over the world.

Allah (Subhaana Wa'Taala) says:
"If they ask you for help or support (because of war, calamity etc) in the Deen, then it is your duty to support them...[8:72]

FiAmaaniAllah

Woodrow
01-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Just some thoughts. I am making a list of the companies that are supporting Palestine. It seems some of these are showing up on the boycott lists.

Coca-Cola, the largest plant in the mideast is located in Ramlah and the franchise is owned by Zahi Khouri, who was born in Jaffa now lives in Rahmlah and owns Palestinian National Beverage Company which is the only franchised bottler of Coca-Cola in Palestine and Israel. 100% of the employees are Palestinian

Nestle-- Formed their branch in Palestine in 1946 and contiues to do business as Food Specialities Bethlehem Co located in the West Bank and again has 100% Palestinian Employees there\

Carmel-Agrexco which is listed as Israeli produce company and exports produce under the names of Carmel, Jaffa and Coral. Is actually located in Gaza and all of the produce is from Palestinian orchards. Sadly, many products produced in Gaza get exported as being Israeli. Gaza has no means of exprting except through Israel and there it gets stamped as being Israeli.

Agrexco is the one I am most concerned about as it is 100% Palestinian and is the sole means of income for some Palestinians in Gaza. Yes the produce is marked Product of Israel, as nearly all Palestinian goods are as the only means of shipping goods out mof Palestine is through Israel, at which point they get stamped as being a product of Israel.

I will send the links for each of these companies once I get my list finished. I am getting the information from Palestinian sources.

Mikayeel
01-14-2009, 07:50 AM
:sl:

Can anyone give me a valid list of the places to boycott please ? thanks :)

glo
01-14-2009, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just some thoughts. I am making a list of the companies that are supporting Palestine. It seems some of these are showing up on the boycott lists.

Coca-Cola, the largest plant in the mideast is located in Ramlah and the franchise is owned by Zahi Khouri, who was born in Jaffa now lives in Rahmlah and owns Palestinian National Beverage Company which is the only franchised bottler of Coca-Cola in Palestine and Israel. 100% of the employees are Palestinian

Nestle-- Formed their branch in Palestine in 1946 and contiues to do business as Food Specialities Bethlehem Co located in the West Bank and again has 100% Palestinian Employees there\

Carmel-Agrexco which is listed as Israeli produce company and exports produce under the names of Carmel, Jaffa and Coral. Is actually located in Gaza and all of the produce is from Palestinian orchards. Sadly, many products produced in Gaza get exported as being Israeli. Gaza has no means of exprting except through Israel and there it gets stamped as being Israeli.

Agrexco is the one I am most concerned about as it is 100% Palestinian and is the sole means of income for some Palestinians in Gaza. Yes the produce is marked Product of Israel, as nearly all Palestinian goods are as the only means of shipping goods out mof Palestine is through Israel, at which point they get stamped as being a product of Israel.

I will send the links for each of these companies once I get my list finished. I am getting the information from Palestinian sources.
I just found Coca-Cola on a list of 'companies which have a history of supporting Israel' on an Islamic site.
http://www.muslimtents.com/aminahswo...ycottlist.html

It strikes me that this whole concept of boycotting companies is a fairly uncertain one.

It's all to easy to hijack the good intentions of people for one's own economic gain, if by spreading the rumour that certain shops support Israel I can encourage whole communities to spend their money elsewhere ...

I agree with Mikayeel. Reliable information is necessary, not just rumours.
I would happily join in the boycott, if I knew the information was correct.

Peace

north_malaysian
01-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Our government leaders said that it's the decision of Malaysian individual whether to boycott or not any of those Israeli-supporter products...

But as the economic is going bad... Malaysians are encouraged to buy goods from Malaysian companies (it's illegal for Malaysian companies to have relationship with Israel)...

The restaurant near my office refuses to sell Nestle products and asking the customers to boycott Israeli/American supporters product.

And coke will not be sold in all Indian Muslims restaurant nationwide...

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
And coke will not be sold in all Indian Muslims restaurant nationwide...
Wow, so how true is the 'coKe' boycott, how can we find out how valid these articles are?

north_malaysian
01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow, so how true is the 'coKe' boycott, how can we find out how valid these articles are?

Home > Breaking News > Asia > Story

Jan 7, 2009
Israel-Gaza conflict
Boycott Coke

KUALA LUMPUR - MORE than 2,000 Muslim restaurants in Malaysia will remove Coca-Cola from their menus as part of a boycott of American products in protest against Israel's bombardment of Gaza, officials said on Wednesday.

American companies are being targeted becuase of the US government's support of Israel, which is carrying out a military offensive on Gaza that is says is aimed at stopping rocket attacks from the Hamas-controlled territory.

The nationwide boycott will be launched Friday by several Muslim groups after they seek God's blessings at Friday prayers, said Ma'mor Osman, secretary-general of the Malaysian Muslim Consumers Association which is leading the campaign.

In addition to Coca-Cola, he said they have identified some 100 other products ranging from food to beauty and clothing such as Starbucks, Colgate, McDonald's and Maybelline.

Since the Israeli offensive began, nearly 600 Palestinians, about half of them civilians, have been killed and at least 2,500 people injured, according to UN and Palestinian officials. Eleven Israelis have also been killed.

Muslims in Malaysia and worldwide have held demonstrations against the Israeli action but Ma'mor said such protests are futile.

'A boycott is the best way for us to protest Zionist cruelty against the Palestinian people as consumers can weaken the economy of countries like Israel and its ally, the US,' he said.

'We urge everybody who loves peace and is against war to support our campaign. We must send a clear signal to Israel to stop the assaults in Gaza,' he said.

Some 2,600 restaurants under the Association of Muslim Restaurant Operators will stop selling Coca-Cola from Friday, he added.

The move came after former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, a strident critic of Israel, last week urged consumers and governments to boycott American products and the US dollar.

Israel sent troops and tanks into Hamas-controlled Gaza on Saturday after a weeklong aerial bombardment, sparking outrage among Muslims worldwide.

Malaysia's government, which has no diplomatic ties with Israel, has denounced Israel's ground offensive as 'an act of total war' which cannot be tolerated. The United States has also been criticized for blocking approval of a UN Security Council statement calling for an immediate cease-fire between Israel and Hamas. -- AP

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_323045.html

Najm
01-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Dont tell the boycott coke is not trueimsad Ive been boycotting coke and nestle for like 3 days!!!

Fair enough i have coke diluted, so i can consume less, and i now perfer orange juice and ribena :-[

But giving up NESTLE was harder :cry: thats like it includes...

Yogurt: Munch Bunch,
Cereal: Shredded Wheat, Cherios, Cinnamon Grahams
Water: Vittel and Buxton,
Chocolate!:Quality Street, Areo, KitKat, Yorkie, Milkybar, After Eight, Smarties,
Shakes: Nesquick MilkShake, Nesquick Magic straws
Misx Items: Coffee-Mate, Carnations
:cry::cry::cry: This sooo annoying!!! But im stilling going to do it!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-14-2009, 09:21 AM

Boycotting the coke includes :

Spirite+o(
Fanta+o(
Lilt+o(
Dr Pepper+o(
Oasis :statisfie.............:raging:................ :imsad
Schweppes+o(
Five Alive+o(
PowerAde+o(
Relentless+o(+o(
glacéau vitaminwater+o(

They are all made by the coco-cola company:raging:

Need to store Ribena!!!:statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

Danah
01-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I get mad each time I see this pic :raging:

this starsucks should be boycotted not only now, but from the early days when US attacked Iraq

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM

subhanAllah

so is it not better to support the above companies?

doorster
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
What is the difference between organizing boycotts and organising relief packages, evacuation plans and refuges?
is it that former costs nothing (and satisfies people's lust for hate) and latter involves the actual giving of money?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 01:34 PM
the things i dislike about boycotts is the uncertainty of it all.

you might be depriving honest workers of pay if your not certain..

Re.TiReD
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM

What do you mean" the like"?:-[ Your confused :X

By 'the like' I mean other companies that are supporting Israel :thumbs_up :rollseyes

Najm
01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
By 'the like' I mean other companies that are supporting Israel :thumbs_up :rollseyes

Supporting Israel?? imsad

Aren't you against Israel?

FiAmaaniAllah...

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM

FiAmaaniAllah...
Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Yes she is,

By 'the like' she meant those companies similar to starbks, M&S etc are on your boycott list,

Why are we trading fonts it got confusing there!

Have you read Woodrows post najm? I'm real confused now, but gonna wait for the links,

Thanks islamirama but your articles goes against what Woodrow just said, so I'm stuck..

Re.TiReD
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM

Supporting Israel?? imsad

FiAmaaniAllah...

Lol sorry for the misunderstanding bro...read PK's post.

And I used ur font by mistake, the quote link was broken and I wrote in your quote by mistake at first.....thats how it hap.

MO783
01-14-2009, 03:40 PM

I no Sainsbury and Marks & Spencer are jewish but I have not heard tesco is

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783

I no Sainsbury and Marks & Spencer are jewish but I have not heard tesco is
:ermm: Sainsbury? Where's your source,

Mej, that sometimes happens when you take away a quote tag, dw. But why take my font, what have a done to you imsad :'(

Olive
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh my... look what I came accross:

Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Tesco!

http://www.bigcampaign.org/index.php..._israeli_goods

Najm
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
:ermm: Sainsbury? Where's your source,

Mej, that sometimes happens when you take away a quote tag, dw. But why take my font, what have a done to you imsad :'(

Oh you didnt to anything UhktE:-[ I just though Amatul Uhkti uses that font:blind:

JazakAllah Khair for the clear up! Well usage of English :D

Hijacking your thread is fun, your blue is kool but i choose green because....

Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, "The most beloved color to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) was green (Silsilatul-Ahaadeethis-Saheehah) (#2054)."

@Hanz :ooh:

FiAmaaniAllah...

chacha_jalebi
01-14-2009, 05:10 PM
is it authentic that coke is givin em money? because i stop drinkin diet coke n lime mmmmm for the past weeks and half! or is this jus another saddos rumour?

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
JazakAllaah khair Wa BarakAllaah fik Mej, I gave you one of the Admins e-mails via rep, you can add the rest from him,

Chacha Jalebi, wait for Woodrows list please, I'm unsure at the moment.

Re.TiReD
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
inminds has a full boycott list I'm sure, it's menta be accurate too...check it oot :thumbs_up

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 06:00 PM
inminds has a full boycott list I'm sure, it's menta be accurate too...check it oot :thumbs_up
Is that the one posted on Ummah Forums?

Are you sure you don't want the ladoo? I saved some for you :thumbs_up

doorster
01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
while you all were busy "boycotting" Israel, I went on to google to find something better to read but instead I found this in one of my searches
Out of all the so-called Muslim world, only Pakistan had the potential for standing up against the nefarious designs of the global power-brokers and to resist their hegemony. but now while you are busy distracting the people of the world, the NATO forces are waiting on the western front to move into Pakistan to deprive the country of its nuclear assets while on the eastern border India is ready to stage an action replay of 1971 events and has alerted its armed forces to "intervene in to stop threats to peace of the region".”

All my Posts in this thread

north_malaysian
01-15-2009, 07:08 AM

Uncle Woodrow, care to give the source please.... thank you...

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2009, 09:04 AM
this thread is getting more confusing by the post :confused:...

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-15-2009, 10:13 AM

Many people may disagree, but it's not my intention to indulge in debates. Knowledge precedes speech and action. But here is what some 'Ulamaa (Scholars) have said on the matter of boycotting:

Arabic Audio:

Shaykh Dr Saleh Ibn al-Fowzaan On The ruling regarding boycotting American products

Translation:1

Question: These days, we find written in some newspapers people calling others to boycott American products, not to buy or sell them. It was even written today in a newspaper that Muslim scholars themselves call for such boycotts and that doing this is an obligation upon every single Muslim. It is said that to purchase even one item from these products is forbidden and that anyone who does so commits a major sin and is assisting them and the Jews in killing Muslims. We hope you will clarify this matter since there’s a dire need for such clarification. Also, would a person ever be rewarded for doing this (boycotting)?

Answer: First, I would request a copy or the clipping from this newspaper that contains this kind of talk the questioner mentioned.

Second, this is incorrect. The scholars have never issued religious verdicts saying that buying American products is forbidden. These American goods are still imported and sold in Muslim markets. And even so, it wouldn’t harm America in the least if you yourself did not buy their products. No products are to be boycotted unless the government, the legitimate ruler, issues a sanction or boycott against another country. In this case, the boycott would be legitimate and binding. As for just some individuals wanting to do this and passing their own religious verdicts in support of it, then this is forbidding something that Allah has made permissible and that is not allowed.2

Footnotes:

1 This fatwá was taken from a book called “al-Fatāwá al-Shar’iyyah fī al-Qadhāyá al-‘Asriyyah,” a collection of various rulings by Muḥammad Ibn Fahd al-Ḥuṣayn.
2 Taken from the cassette: “Fatāwá al-‘Ulamā’ fī al-Jihād wa al-‘Amaliyyāt al-Intihāriyyah”.

Shaykh Ahmad Ibn Yahya An-Najmee (rahimahullaah) speaks briefly about the issue of boycotting products:

http://news.okaz.com.sa/okaz/Data/20...Art_312991.XML

Translation:

“Shaykh Ahmad An-Najmee was reported in Okaz, a Saudi Daily, to have said that the obligation is that Muslims feel angry over what individuals from Denmark did by mocking the Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), but, he said, boycotting products is a decision to be taken by the government and not left to individuals.”

The Permanent Council of Senior Scholars on Boycotting Products Manufactured by Non-Muslims:

Question: Some people these days call others to boycott American products and companies like Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, etc. So, should we comply with such requests?

Are transactions like buying and selling with non-Muslims in countries at war against us permissible, or are they only allowed with those with whom we have peace?

Answer: It is allowed to buy any product that is permissible in itself no matter where it was produced unless the government commands that we should boycott something for some benefit to Islam or the Muslims. This is because the general rule regarding buying and selling is that it’s allowed, Allāh (Ta'aala) says:

And Allāh has made selling permissible.
[Sūrah al-Baqarah, 2:275]

And the prophet ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) used to buy things from the Jews.2

Footnotes:

1 This fatwā was taken from a book called “Al-Fatāwā Ash-Shar’iyyah fī Al-Qadhāyā Al-‘Asriyyah,”
a collection of various rulings by Muhammad Ibn Fahd Al-Husayn.
2 The Permanent Council for Research and Religious Verdicts (no. 21776, 12/25/1421 Hijrah).

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-'Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) on Boycotting Products Manufactured by Non-Muslims1

Question: There is a drink called “Cola” that is supposedly produced by a Jewish company. So what is the ruling of consuming this drink, or of selling it? Is this considered cooperating in something that is sin and transgression?

Answer: You have never heard that the prophet ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to buy food from a Jewish man to feed his family?! He died while his shield was pawned to this Jewish man.2 You have never heard that the messenger ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) used to accept gifts from the Jews?!3 If we are going to go so far as to say this, then let us not overlook something even more obvious: we use automobiles that are manufactured by Jewish companies. There are other beneficial products made only by them…4

Footnotes:

1 This fatwā was taken from a book called “Al-Fatāwā Ash-Shar’iyyah fī Al-Qadhāyā Al-‘Asriyyah,” a collection of various rulings by Muhammad Ibn Fahd Al-Husayn.
2 This is mentioned in the had īth recorded by Al-Bukhārī (no. 2068) and Muslim (no. 4090).
3 This is mentioned in the had īth recorded by Al-Bukhārī (no. 5777).
4 Taken from: Al-Bāb al-Maftūh (no. 61-70, pg. 95).

wAllaahu Ta'aala A'lam.

doorster
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

Many people may disagree, but it's not my intention to indulge in debates. Knowledge precedes speech and action. But here is what some 'Ulamaa (Scholars) have said on the matter of boycotting:

Arabic Audio:

Shaykh Dr Saleh Ibn al-Fowzaan On The ruling regarding boycotting American products

Translation:1

Question: These days, we find written in some newspapers people calling others to boycott American products, not to buy or sell them. It was even written today in a newspaper that Muslim scholars themselves call for such boycotts and that doing this is an obligation upon every single Muslim. It is said that to purchase even one item from these products is forbidden and that anyone who does so commits a major sin and is assisting them and the Jews in killing Muslims. We hope you will clarify this matter since there’s a dire need for such clarification. Also, would a person ever be rewarded for doing this (boycotting)?

Answer: First, I would request a copy or the clipping from this newspaper that contains this kind of talk the questioner mentioned.

Second, this is incorrect. The scholars have never issued religious verdicts saying that buying American products is forbidden. These American goods are still imported and sold in Muslim markets. And even so, it wouldn’t harm America in the least if you yourself did not buy their products. No products are to be boycotted unless the government, the legitimate ruler, issues a sanction or boycott against another country. In this case, the boycott would be legitimate and binding. As for just some individuals wanting to do this and passing their own religious verdicts in support of it, then this is forbidding something that Allah has made permissible and that is not allowed.2

Footnotes:

1 This fatwá was taken from a book called “al-Fatāwá al-Shar’iyyah fī al-Qadhāyá al-‘Asriyyah,” a collection of various rulings by Muḥammad Ibn Fahd al-Ḥuṣayn.
2 Taken from the cassette: “Fatāwá al-‘Ulamā’ fī al-Jihād wa al-‘Amaliyyāt al-Intihāriyyah”.

Shaykh Ahmad Ibn Yahya An-Najmee (rahimahullaah) speaks briefly about the issue of boycotting products:

http://news.okaz.com.sa/okaz/Data/20...Art_312991.XML

Translation:

“Shaykh Ahmad An-Najmee was reported in Okaz, a Saudi Daily, to have said that the obligation is that Muslims feel angry over what individuals from Denmark did by mocking the Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), but, he said, boycotting products is a decision to be taken by the government and not left to individuals.”

The Permanent Council of Senior Scholars on Boycotting Products Manufactured by Non-Muslims:

Question: Some people these days call others to boycott American products and companies like Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, etc. So, should we comply with such requests?

Are transactions like buying and selling with non-Muslims in countries at war against us permissible, or are they only allowed with those with whom we have peace?

Answer: It is allowed to buy any product that is permissible in itself no matter where it was produced unless the government commands that we should boycott something for some benefit to Islam or the Muslims. This is because the general rule regarding buying and selling is that it’s allowed, Allāh (Ta'aala) says:

And Allāh has made selling permissible.
[Sūrah al-Baqarah, 2:275]

And the prophet ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) used to buy things from the Jews.2

Footnotes:

1 This fatwā was taken from a book called “Al-Fatāwā Ash-Shar’iyyah fī Al-Qadhāyā Al-‘Asriyyah,”
a collection of various rulings by Muhammad Ibn Fahd Al-Husayn.
2 The Permanent Council for Research and Religious Verdicts (no. 21776, 12/25/1421 Hijrah).

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-'Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) on Boycotting Products Manufactured by Non-Muslims1

Question: There is a drink called “Cola” that is supposedly produced by a Jewish company. So what is the ruling of consuming this drink, or of selling it? Is this considered cooperating in something that is sin and transgression?

Answer: You have never heard that the prophet ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to buy food from a Jewish man to feed his family?! He died while his shield was pawned to this Jewish man.2 You have never heard that the messenger ( salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) used to accept gifts from the Jews?!3 If we are going to go so far as to say this, then let us not overlook something even more obvious: we use automobiles that are manufactured by Jewish companies. There are other beneficial products made only by them…4

Footnotes:

1 This fatwā was taken from a book called “Al-Fatāwā Ash-Shar’iyyah fī Al-Qadhāyā Al-‘Asriyyah,” a collection of various rulings by Muhammad Ibn Fahd Al-Husayn.
2 This is mentioned in the had īth recorded by Al-Bukhārī (no. 2068) and Muslim (no. 4090).
3 This is mentioned in the had īth recorded by Al-Bukhārī (no. 5777).
4 Taken from: Al-Bāb al-Maftūh (no. 61-70, pg. 95).

wAllaahu Ta'aala A'lam.
quoted for truth!

Jazak illah khairan wa salam

piXie
01-15-2009, 03:32 PM

Faiza, I know it is not a major sin if we purchase a zionist product, but please just answer me one thing. If you were giving money to buy a product, and you know that the money u have given is going to be used to fund an army which is going to slaughter your Muslim brothers and sisters, would you still give the money to buy that product?

That is what BIG 100% zionist companies like starbucks n Marks&Spencer are doing. They fund the Israeli army and that army then goes onto committing attacks like the ones that are happening in Gaza. And we help them by buying their products. Lots of things we can get from other places and we don’t NEED to buy from these companies and stores.

It would not kill a Muslim if he got his takeaway from somewhere else and didn’t go to McDonalds. We should avoid when we can. As for those products of theirs which we can’t avoid, or by avoiding them we are putting ourselves in a lot of difficulty, then buy them. Use it/Eat it with the intention of strengthening yourselves so we can defend our brothers and sisters who are being oppressed.

I have also heard and read articles from scholars who say it is our moral duty and I am not going to wait for Gordon Brown to tell me when it’s okay to boycott Israeli products. (which he's not going to do in a million years anyway)

Pk_#2
01-15-2009, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
It would not kill a Muslim if he got his takeaway from somewhere else and didn’t go to McDonalds. We should avoid when we can. As for those products of theirs which we can’t avoid, or by avoiding them we are putting ourselves in a lot of difficulty, then buy them. Use it/Eat it with the intention of strengthening yourselves so we can defend our brothers and sisters who are being oppressed.
Innay.

JazakiAllaahu khair FeeFz.

doorster
01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

I have also heard and read articles from scholars who say it is our moral duty and I am not going to wait for Gordon Brown to tell me when it’s okay to boycott Israeli products. (which he's not going to do in a million years anyway)
can you put India, Russia, America, jordan, Iran, UK etc on your list too please and since sectarian killers are causing more deaths in Sudan/Pakistan than Israel in palestine, should we not boycott them too?

every one seems to be using Israel as a washbasin to clear their consciences

west lets it get away with excesses to wash away and hide the murder of 10s of millions through the ages plus still continuing anti-Semitism in their own countries

east (except Palestinians, they have their own grievances and motives)wants to wipe them of the map to hide their inadequacies and inabilities to stop worldwide wholesale slaughter of people in general and Muslims of India, Russia, Africa and Pakistan in particular

Woodrow
01-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Uncle Woodrow, care to give the source please.... thank you...
Each is from separate sources in Palestine. When I edit the list a bit more and get it a bit more organized I will have the source listed on each. Right now I only posted my rough draft I have saved on notepad.

I am still snowed in and we can not get out of the house. So looks like today I will have time to finish it. (Our cars are now completely buried under snow drifts)

Najm
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM

As Muslims we need to do what we can to help our brothers and sisters, my brothers and sisters in Gaza are getting murdered out there. We must unite, and support them. Boycotting may seem pointless to some, but if everyone unites, and boycotts individually, then it'll be boycotted collectively.

Palestine are asking for us. It is our responsibility and obligation, individually and collectively, to support Muslims, all over the world.

"If they ask you for help or support (because of war, calamity etc) in the Deen, then it is your duty to support them...[8:72]

FiAmaaniAllah

It is clear the Palestinians need help and support, they need us in every way we can. Boycott, donations, leaflets spreading the word etc....

Our own desires are stopping us, from doing everything we can, it seems some people are OK to boycott when it doesnt affect them, i.e. for someone who loves cola, will naturally be against boycotting, because their desires take over them.

Some of us, are just posting on this thread to hinder rather than help.

Have some optimism rather than pessimism!!! :rollseyes

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

wAllaahu Ta'aala A'lam.

According to this article, theses products we are boycotting is not Haram!! It is permissible!! We all know that!!

Great, so should we all collectively go and buy as much cola, nestle, and m&s products as possible?? (a rhetorical question =) , which you say "no")

I can go get myself a cola now, and proof to you its halal. However the Sheik doesnt answer the question if we can boycott during the war, he simply gives a general view, that these products are permissible but only haram when the govenment etc sets a law.

Now during this current climate, where our brother and sisters are being killed. Boycotting should be taking place, individually and collectively. Help the Palestinians, not the Israelis!!!

I would understand if cola is the only drink you can afford!! Or M&S is the only shopping you can do.

None of these by no means Haram!!

When the war is over, go back to having MacDonald's!! :rollseyes

NOW GO BOYCOTT!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM

So you going to the shop to get some water, you have 3 choices....

1) The shop on the left claims by buying a product, he will donate 20% towards anything related to the Israel army

OR

2) The shop on the right claims by buying a product, he will donate 20% towards anything related to the Palestinian aid.

OR

3) The shop at centre claims by buying a product, he will give you a free gift

Which one would you choose? Who are we trying to benefit? Israel? Palestine? Ourseleves

My favourite drink was Oasis, due to the war its Ribena!!! :rollseyes

The choice is yours!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
^Well said.

Some shops have OUTWARDLY DECLARED that they're going to send their profits to fule the war. Are you then saying that if we boycott them, and reduce their profits (resulting in less money being sent to help the Israelis against our Muslim brothers and sisters) it won't make a difference??? Will the amount of weaponry etc not affect how many muslims are killed?? Or at least make it easier for the Israelis?!

Like shaikh Yusuf Qaradawi said- It is our DUTY to weaken the enemies of Islam, and since boycotting clearly does that, it is our DUTY as Muslims to boycott them!!

As for the first fatwa- It's a reported attack site ?

And the second- at the Prophet's time the Jews weren't using their money to kill the Muslims world over.

WHEN was the fatwa given? What was the SITUATION of the people at that time? WHY was the question asked? WHO was the fatwa given to? WHERE was the fatwa given? (A Muslim country by any chance???)

As you may or may not know, a fatwa is limited to TIME, PLACE, SITUATION, CUSTOM...

We can't learn our deen from fatwa websites.

Pk_#2
01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
^Well said.

Some shops have OUTWARDLY DECLARED that they're going to send their profits to fule the war. Are you then saying that if we boycott them, and reduce their profits (resulting in less money being sent to help the Israelis against our Muslim brothers and sisters) it won't make a difference??? Will the amount of weaponry etc not affect how many muslims are killed?? Or at least make it easier for the Israelis?!

Like shaikh Yusuf Qaradawi said- It is our DUTY to weaken the enemies of Islam, and since boycotting clearly does that, it is our DUTY as Muslims to boycott them!!

As for the first fatwa- It's a reported attack site ?

And the second- at the Prophet's time the Jews weren't using their money to kill the Muslims world over.

WHEN was the fatwa given? What was the SITUATION of the people at that time? WHY was the question asked? WHO was the fatwa given to? WHERE was the fatwa given? (A Muslim country by any chance???)

As you may or may not know, a fatwa is limited to TIME, PLACE, SITUATION, CUSTOM...

We can't learn our deen from fatwa websites.
JazakiAllaahu khair, bAAby

And JazakAllaah khair Najm. :thumbs_up

north_malaysian
01-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Each is from separate sources in Palestine. When I edit the list a bit more and get it a bit more organized I will have the source listed on each. Right now I only posted my rough draft I have saved on notepad.

I am still snowed in and we can not get out of the house. So looks like today I will have time to finish it. (Our cars are now completely buried under snow drifts)
Sorry to hear that (your cars)....

Ummu Sufyaan
01-16-2009, 06:56 AM
found this:

Ruling on drinking Coca Cola
I have been told by one of my friend that drinking coke is haram because if we see it in mirror the way its been written it becomes "LA ALLAH LA MUHAMMED" witch means no ALLAH no Muhammad, and she says who ever drinks it is not a Muslim, please kindly let me know how true it is, and is it really haram or not, thanks.

Praise be to Allaah.

What has been said about Coca Cola, that there is written on it the words “La Allaah la Muhammad” or “La Muhammad la Makkah” and that this can be seen by looking at the writing in a mirror, is not true, so there is no shar’i ruling that follows from that.

You should keep away from over exaggerations and illusions that have no basis.

Any food or drink that is proven to be harmful is haraam, but if there is no such proof then the basic ruling is that they are halaal, and they cannot be deemed haraam on the basis of mere conjecture and speculation.

But if the company that produces it is hostile to Islam and supports its enemies, then it should be boycotted for that reason.

And Allaah knows best.
Source

Pk_#2
01-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear that (your cars)....
imsad He didn't come back on, but he posted the car pic..give him some time to get his list prepared inshaAllaah,

Earlier I think I called you islamirama, apologies, I just expected him to post these typa things..:X

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
found this:

Source
JazakAllaah khair,

AsalamuAlaykum.

Far7an
01-16-2009, 09:33 AM

I think almost every Asian in our city boycotts them, not because of the war but the prices!

The amount of times I've recieved a text to the effect:

"NEWS FLASH... __________ HAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE SUPPORTING ISREAL AND WILL BE DONATING ALL THEIR PROFITS TO THE STATE DURING THE WAR! BOYCOTT THEM AND ALL THEIR PRODUCTS."

To date the only reliable source of information I have found is Friends of Al Aqsa, I know the individuals involved and they are reliable alhamdulillah.

http://www.aqsa.org.uk/

You can search their site for products which are to be avoided.

Wasalaam.

themuffinman
01-16-2009, 10:52 AM
hmmm i have a question, those of us living in the usa, arent we also supporting the troops kill our brothers and sisters in iraq and afganistan by paying taxes?

doorster
01-16-2009, 11:00 AM
^^ pesky details like that do not matter in scheme of things, whether Israel is good or evil makes no difference as it is a pawn in the hands of the world nations, some of whom will use it as a smoke screen while others need it as a scapegoat

~Taalibah~
01-16-2009, 10:53 PM
umm, i dont know if i'm the only one that read thru this thread and became more confused...?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-17-2009, 06:04 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
^ nope:exhausted :D

Woodrow
01-17-2009, 02:27 PM
This is a rather long post. I hope it is not too confusing. I have added the links from which I gleaned my information. while the wording is my own, the sources for my views can be found in the links

These are some known businesses that are owned predominatly by Palestinians and run by Palestinians in Palestine. Although the overall view is they are non-Palestinians, keep in mind Company headquarters may be non-Palestinian, but it is individuals that own the local franchises.
I got this list from searching Palestinian organizations or successful Palestinian Busnessmen.

For further information see:

http://imeu.net/news/article003098.shtml

http://www.countercurrents.org/khouri040607.htm

First a brief view of Nestle's history in the mideast. Again remember Nestle is operated by franchise and the individual owners of a franchise may be in any country. This brief History did come from Nestle's Home site.http:

//www.nestle-family.com/view/eng/OurCompanyPage.aspx?page=C22070824a

History
Began importing products to the Middle East from Vevey, Switzerland

Agency created in Beirut for Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Iraq

Contract was signed with Basamah Trading in KSA

SEPN Syria was legally established

Nestlé World Trading Corporation (NWTC) established in Beirut, overseeing the Middle East (including Iraq, KSA, Egypt & Libya)

Civil war forced NWTC to move to Kuwait and in 1978 to Vevey

Agreement to produce CERELAC under license for 10 years in Syria in a factory owned by the government

Local production started in KSA (MAGGI and CERELAC)

License was granted in Syria to manufacture MAGGI, MILO and CERELAC; production started in 1997

Nestlé Jordan Trading Co. was created

Operation in Kuwait started under Nestlé Kuwait General Trading Co.

Middle East market formed, consolidating GCC and Levant

Food Specialities Bethlehem Co. was created in Palestine

Nestlé resumed business in Iraq

Nestlé Iran PJSCo started producing CERELAC

Nestlé Oman Trading Co. was created

Nestlé Bahrain Trading Co. was created

Nestlé Qatar Trading LLC was created

Nestlé Dubai LLC was created

The world of international corporations is strange. International companies like Nestle are actually many companies in many countries. Many of Nestle companies are in Muslim Nations and owned by Muslims.

Here is the Impact reduced sales by Agrxco has on Palestinians in Gaza.

From the Palestinian Centre of Human Rights

Impact of the Closure on Gaza Strip Exports of Strawberries and Cut Flowers
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Palestinian Centre for Human Rights 2 March 2008
“The permission to allow the export of limited quantities of strawberries
was a smoke screen … Our lives have been poisoned. We plant
strawberries; then we destroy the crop or sell it dirt cheap.” Nathir Rajab
El-Attar, farmer from Beit Lahia.
“… Out of fear, I was forced to sell the crop in the local market at a price of
2.5 NIS per kilogram instead of 15 NIS/Kilo when exported.” Khaled
Ghaben, farmer from Beit Lahia.
“We had hoped for a successful season since Karm Abu Salem Crossing
was opened for cut flower exports … 250,000 cut flowers were exported to
Holland. But Israel went back and closed the crossing for exports.” Zaher
Ahmad El-Qadi, farmer from Rafah.
“Every morning I go to the flower greenhouses with the intent to uproot
them; but I couldn’t do it. I would rather my hand get cut off before cutting
off the crop in full blossom. But the blossom is futile, and even caused
losses upon me … We have to uproot it and plant alternatives in order to
be able to continue and repay my debts.” Nash’at Mustafa Hejazi, farmer
from Rafah.

For more Information:

http://www.pchrgaza.org/files/Reports/English/pdf_spec/strawberries.pdf

I suggest going to this site from Gaza and learn about Gaza from people in Gaza, trying to rebuild Gaza.

http://www.pchrgaza.org/

A ban on Israel Produce would wreck what is left of Gaza.

This is a far from complete list. However, these 3 companies are usually mentioned on boycott lists. I just want to point out that Boycotting these companies will hurt Palestine.

Yes, we need to boycott companies that support Israel, but we must be cautious and be certain we are not Boycotting compaies that actually benefit Palestine.

International Corporations are strange. Each is made of many branches and tehre is no central ownership. Each division is a separate unit and could be owned and operated by the very country you are trying to help.

north_malaysian
01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
whoa... so if an Israeli bought Coca-Cola, he's actually supporting the Palestinians? wow...

Woodrow
01-20-2009, 03:41 AM
whoa... so if an Israeli bought Coca-Cola, he's actually supporting the Palestinians? wow...
Actually it would depend on what bottling plant it came from. Possibly they get theirs from Iran, now that would be Ironic.

Coca-Cola? Isn't corporate America prohibited by Washington's sanctions from doing business in Iran? Yes, for the most part, says U.S. Treasury spokeswoman Molly Millerwise. But Treasury has bent the rules for foodstuffs, a loophole through which American drinks giants Coca-Cola (Charts) and PepsiCo (Charts) have been able to pour thousands of gallons of concentrate into Iran via Irish subsidiaries.
Source: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...ion=2007020606

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.