/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Muslim for the Sake of the Disbelievers

aadil77
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
A Muslim for the Sake of the Disbelievers

Posted (Anwar alAwlaki) in Imam Anwar's Blog on December-11-2008

I recently recieved this email from a brother:

Aassalamualaikum sheikh. i loved your works, enjoyed and learned from them. i do desire to become one of the mujahideen but not as you describe. i desire to become a mujahid in da’wah and learning and believe this is the right path. I heard and read some of your views on what the muslims should do and belive them not to be true. i think you should review your works and when you find the true path, apologize about your previous works. jihad cant be the right path because this is a religion of peace and if we go around killing everyone, it would be wrong for us to call this religion a religion of peace. what the muslims should do is evacuate palistine and afghanistan and continue with the da’wah and the
rest is with ALLAH inshalah.
Just like there is a Muslim for the sake of Allah, there is a new phenomenon of a Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers. And just like the Muslim for the sake of Allah does everything thinking what will Allah will think of me, the Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers does everything thinking what the disbelievers would think of him. So when a Muslim speaks out he does so to please Allah and when our other Muslim does not speak out he does so in order to please the disbelievers. When a Muslim fights he does so for the sake of Allah and when this other Muslim does not fight -even though he has every reason to do so- he does that in order not to displease the disbelievers. Obviously this is not expressed as such but is packaged in nice terms such as ‘this is not good for dawa’, or ‘this would turn away the people from Islam’.

Allah says: “It is not your responsibility to guide people but it is Allah who guides whomever He wills”

This Muslim is obsessed with his image in front of the disbelievers. He is so obsessed with it that it becomes his standard for wala and bara. So he loves the Muslims who present the ‘good boy’ image to the disbelievers and he despises the Muslims who give Muslims a ‘bad name’.

Rasulullah (saaws) says: One of you does not achieve full Imaan until he loves for Allah, dislikes for Allah, gives for Allah and holds back for Allah.
This Muslim is so aggressive and intolerant with his fellow Muslims but is tolerant and kind towards the disbelievers. He is an extremist with Muslims and a moderate with disbelievers.

Whenever the interests of the disbelievers are threatened or harmed by Muslims he is the first to jump to their defense. He would speak against his brothers and betray them. He may even advise Muslims to spy against one another and report to the authorities. For him fighting for Islam, and for the ummah is terrorism, but he manages to shop for a fatwa that would allow him to serve in the armies of the disbelievers and fight against his brothers. Being a Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers permeates his every action. If he meets a Muslim he frowns and if he meets a disbeliever his face beams with a smile.

Infact there are some Muslims who are so much Muslim for the sake of kuffar that they do not even like Muslims who call the kuffar kuffar!

I mentioned that this is a new phenomenon because this only came about in these later times. The Muslims of the early times would care less about the kuffar, and if they ever did it was for the sake of Allah and not for their sake.
But lets put things in proper perspective:

Allah says about the disbelievers: “They are like cattle, nay, they are even more misguided”

And Rasulullah says about the believer: “Tearing down al Kaaba stone by stone is less than shedding the blood of a Muslim”
http://www.anwar-alawlaki.com/2008/1...-disbelievers/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-16-2009, 07:14 AM
:sl:
*bump...
brilliant and true!!!

sis muslimah
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
A Muslim for the Sake of the Disbelivers

I recently received this email from a brother:

"Aassalamualaikum Sheikh. I loved your works, enjoyed and learned from them. I do desire to become one of the Mujahideen but not as you describe. i desire to become a Mujahid in dawah and learning and believe this is the right path. I heard and read some of your views on what the Muslims should do and believe them not to be true. i think you should review your works and when you find the true path, apologize about your previous works. Jihad cant be the right path because this is a religion of peace and if we go around killing everyone, it would be wrong for us to call this religion a religion of peace. what the Muslims should do is evacuate Palestine and Afghanistan and continue with the dawah and the rest is with ALLAH inshalah."

Just like there is a Muslim for the sake of Allah, there is a new phenomenon of a Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers. And just like the Muslim for the sake of Allah does everything thinking what will Allah will think of me, the Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers does everything thinking what the disbelievers would think of him. So when a Muslim speaks out he does so to please Allah and when our other Muslim does not speak out he does so in order to please the disbelievers. When a Muslim fights he does so for the sake of Allah and when this other Muslim does not fight - even though he has every reason to do so - he does that in order not to displease the disbelievers. Obviously this is not expressed as such but is packaged in nice terms such as this is not good for dawa, or this would turn away the people from Islam.

Allah says: “It is not your responsibility to guide people but it is Allah who guides whomever He wills ” This Muslim is obsessed with his image in front of the disbelievers. He is so obsessed with it that it becomes his standard for Wala and Bara. So he loves the Muslims who present the good boy image to the disbelievers and he despises the Muslims who give Muslims a bad name. Rasulullah (saaws) says: " One of you does not achieve full Imaan until he loves for Allah, dislikes for Allah, gives for Allah and holds back for Allah. "

This Muslim is so aggressive and intolerant with his fellow Muslims but is tolerant and kind towards the disbelievers. He is an extremist with Muslims and a moderate with disbelievers. Whenever the interests of the disbelievers are threatened or harmed by Muslims he is the first to jump to their defense. He would speak against his brothers and betray them. He may even advise Muslims to spy against one another and report to the authorities. For him fighting for Islam and for the Ummah is terrorism, but he manages to shop for a fatwa that would allow him to serve in the armies of the disbelievers and fight against his brothers. Being a Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers permeates his every action. If he meets a Muslim he frowns and if he meets a disbeliever his face beams with a smile.

In fact there are some Muslims who are so much Muslim for the sake of kuffar that they do not even like Muslims who call the kuffar kuffar! I mentioned that this is a new phenomenon because this only came about in these later times. The Muslims of the early times would care less about the kuffar, and if they ever did it was for the sake of Allah and not for their sake. But let’s put things in proper perspective: Allah says about the disbelievers: They are like cattle, nay, they are even more misguided ; And Rasulullah says about the believer: “ Tearing down al Kaaba stone by stone is less than shedding the blood of a Muslim.

From Shaykh Anwar's Blog (December-11-2008)

Abz2000
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM
nice post sis, we see it all the time and it can be frustrating, yet there are stages that many of us go through and i have to admit that i went through that at one point in my continuing journey on the path of through, you tend to over-judge how your actions or words would be perceived by those who may be ignorant of Islam and forget that you are committing kufr and blasphemy against Allah in the process by trying to "sell" Islam like it's cheap and you need customers,
and then you come to realise that even the kuffar don't respect you for being an idiot.
you slowly come to learn that seeking the approval of Allah sets everything else in place,
however, this does not mean that we should not also take into account perceptions of how much people may be able to grasp,
i believe we should do that while ensuring the truth is conveyed at all times.

OdAAu ila sabeeli rabbika bialhikmati waalmawAAithati alhasanati wajadilhum biallatee hiya ahsanu inna rabbaka huwa aAAlamu biman dalla AAan sabeelihi wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena

surely if you ask an amerikan what his way of life is, he won't first tell you it's killing people with electric chairs and injecting them with lethal chemicals.
yet we see the penal code of Islam brought up first in debates and Muslims taking a defensive position instead of going on the offensive and telling them that electrocution and lethal injections are perceived as barbaric in many parts of the world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
12-12-2011, 03:05 AM

جوري
12-16-2011, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
Just like there is a Muslim for the sake of Allah, there is a new phenomenon of a Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers. And just like the Muslim for the sake of Allah does everything thinking what will Allah will think of me, the Muslim for the sake of the disbelievers does everything thinking what the disbelievers would think of him. So when a Muslim speaks out he does so to please Allah and when our other Muslim does not speak out he does so in order to please the disbelievers. When a Muslim fights he does so for the sake of Allah and when this other Muslim does not fight - even though he has every reason to do so - he does that in order not to displease the disbelievers. Obviously this is not expressed as such but is packaged in nice terms such as this is not good for dawa, or this would turn away the people from Islam.
This thread was pointed out to me by a dear respected brother and no words ever rang more true!

Jazaki Allah khyran for sharing..

:w:

Muezzin
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I agree with the sentiments expressed in the first post, however:

format_quote Originally Posted by Some Email
what the Muslims should do is evacuate Palestine and Afghanistan and continue with the dawah and the rest is with ALLAH inshala
Seriously? Someone actually thinks that? It's not a figurative example Shaykh Anwar used to make a point?

جوري
12-16-2011, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I agree with the sentiments expressed in the first post, however:

Seriously? Someone actually thinks that? It's not a figurative example Shaykh Anwar used to make a point?
That appears to be a person writing to Anwar and not a part of his speech I assume given the quotes.. and yes it is absurd figuratively or otherwise.. what's more important giving da3wa or liberating ones land from occupation?
Getting hair and nails done or taking care of that pesky mushroom like mass which is getting bigger day by day?

Muezzin
12-16-2011, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
That appears to be a person writing to Anwar and not a part of his speech I assume given the quotes.. and yes it is absurd figuratively or otherwise.. what's more important giving da3wa or liberating ones land from occupation?
Getting hair and nails done or taking care of that pesky mushroom like mass which is getting bigger day by day?

I know. It's just so insane. I've never heard of any Muslim wanting something as stupid as evacuating fellow Muslims from Palestine and Afghanistan.

ardianto
12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I know. It's just so insane. I've never heard of any Muslim wanting something as stupid as evacuating fellow Muslims from Palestine and Afghanistan.
A famous shaykh issued a fatwa that order Palestinian Muslims to leave their land. Few other famous shaykh issued fatawa to legitimate US military presence in a Muslim country. In smaller scale, some 'ulama' issued pro-Israel fatawa. And I found some of those shaykh follower called shaykh Anwar Al-Awlaki as 'not a shyakh'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.