/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Calender, date-block and islamic knowledge.Is it regional?

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Assalaam Alaikoum dear brothers and sisters,
We use date-blocks which have ayats and good reminders, stories about islam and some beneficial knowledge about islam and even about daily life on them.You can see them almost in every house and shop in Turkey.Other than learning the date and the local salat times, one can get lots of good knowledge of Islam , islamic life and history from them.They are very handy.
I just wonder , is it a regional thing.Do you have that kind of date-black in your country?
If you don't have, maybe someone should start it there , too.
I put pictures of it.Have a look at them.

Attachment 3758
this is the card board of the blocks.There are mostly pictures of mosques, nature, Kaabe, etc.Under the pic , there is usually information of a shop which delivers it to its customers.

Attachment 3756
this is the front side.There is local salat time, an ayat from Quran and a quote from an Islam aleem and the date of course.

Attachment 3755
this is the back side.There is usually a story,knowledge of aqeedah,reminders, short info about an Islamic scholars' or sufis' life,etc.(this one explains what qualities did our Prophet's(pbuh) masjid have.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
01-14-2009, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
I just wonder , is it a regional thing.Do you have that kind of date-black in your country?
:sl:
I've never seen one before. In our house we have calendars with pictures of soil and the like, and at the Mosque there is a rough photocopied piece of paper with prayer times on it. What people do when there is a leap year I haven't a clue.
:w:

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your interest bro fishman.And where do you live?

Fishman
01-14-2009, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
Thanks for your interest bro fishman.And where do you live?
:sl:
Central England.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.