/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stall full of sisters

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
assalamu alaikum

ok this is what happened

theres a stall outside where we make wudhu at uni/work, at this stall is literally about 20 sisters and no brothers.

They asked me to donate money for palestine. I didnt have the money on me.

However now i withdrew cash and have money but am embarassed to approach the sisters.... seriously...

Is it wrong to just donate the cash to an online charity instead of going back?

jazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 06:25 PM
This happened in the Islamic awareness week at Luton, there's like a stall full of girls and then there's this one brother and he just made it impossible to approach them, I dunno why, it's just weird, why dint he just go away ..

Get your sister to give it, c'mon akhi!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
^ ma sis dont go to that uni lol.

im just gnna giv it online

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ ma sis dont go to that uni lol.

im just gnna giv it online
They won't eat you, you know, don't look at them and just give it, but watever just give it online then..

Erm..

Now go to my thread. :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
give it online...afterall you are giving the money for the sake of Allah not for the sisters

Amaanah
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
You have the means to donate through other methods,
utilise them.
No obligation upon you to donate through the sisters' stall.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 10:04 PM
i agree with you

glo
01-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I struggle with the idea of letting the fear of speaking to somebody from the opposite gender prevent you from doing something for a good cause. :?

Just give 'em the money and run! No need to speak or even look at them.

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I struggle with the idea of letting the fear of speaking to somebody from the opposite gender prevent you from doing something for a good cause. :?

Just give 'em the money and run! No need to speak or even look at them.
Ahahaha yeah akhi, run for your lifee!

Nah Glo, he can avoid that and STILL do good inshaAllaah, by using any of the other means, he mentioned on line charity,

ThanKoo for rep Glo.

Danah
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
some people feel embarassed to approach the opposite gender....."I am one of them"

but we always find other alternatives to do good deeds, so we can chose :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
:sl:

Just go up and give it. Then turn around and walk away.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
^ did i mention there were about 20 sisters at that stall and no brothers :)

i could probably achieve that with two or three sisters, not that many..

جوري
01-15-2009, 02:25 AM
it is winter, wear your cashmere gloves and hand them what they need in a sealed envelope and Insha'Allah it will go to where it is needed..
BTW, thank you for the rep.. pls forgive that I can't return it this evening... but soon insha'Allah

p.s you are under no obligation to feel pressured to give to a group of sisters.. if online works best, then insha'Allah it is good as well

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

AabiruSabeel
01-15-2009, 05:49 AM

From all that I read on this thread, it seems better if you give it some other way, maybe online or any other means...

:w:

Intisar
01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ did i mention there were about 20 sisters at that stall and no brothers :)

i could probably achieve that with two or three sisters, not that many..
:sl: They were probably loud too eh? I'd be intimidated if there were that many brothers, donate online inshaa'Allaah.

Umar001
01-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

If you don't have a problem with giving it online then go for that akhi. Spread the ajr! You never know what may happen.

You might feel ok, but since you are so handsome a sister may end up being attracted and then all sorts of problems, so think of your sisters. So if you feel ok with giving it online why not? Or give it tomorow at Jumuah?

Br.al-Habeshi

Najm
01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Just go up and give it. Then turn around and walk away.
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Just give the money!!! :-[

Give the money at the stall

and then give some money online!!!

Twice the blessings!!!:rollseyes

FiAmaaniAllah

simplicity786
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
i think you should give it to the sisters at the stall all though it would be perfectly fine to give it online too. the reason why i think you shouldn't feel embarrassed and should approach the sisters in front of the uni is, basically am guessing with it being a uni its going to have quite a few people lerking around out side.. you can hit 2 birds with one stone..1-give it for the people of Gaza and 2-make others aware, its like a form of encouragement if you like.

but i would definitely prefer to give it infront of others just to encourage them that people do give money and its easy to do so.

Mikayeel
01-17-2009, 04:06 PM
As bro al habeshi said if ur to handsome dnt go nd give it online :)

for now :threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.