/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My granpapa's Masjid (and granmama's)

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
- So I need a hadith that says helping to build a masjid is grrrrrrrrrrreat! oe sutin like 'at

- Also I need ideas on how to design it, 'cause me and JJ making the prototype inshaAllaah

- What can me and Jay jay do to raise money for our masjid..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_Cena
01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Salaam Tj, what a great idea hope it goes well, i do know that there is a hadeeth that mentions building a masjid that Mohammed SAW will build him/her a house in heaven inshallah. try raising money in jumma friday namaaz or local centers? my ideas
Wasalaam

Güven
01-14-2009, 06:55 PM
:salamext:

MashaAllah!

"Whosoever builds for Allah a masjid, Allah will reward him similar to it in paradise."
(Bukhari & Muslim)

"Whosoever shares in building a masjid for Allah, even if it is as small as a bird’s nest, Allah (S.W.T.) will build for him a house in Paradise."
(Imam Ahmad)

^this one may be Da'if (weak) Allahu Alim

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

MashaAllah!

"Whosoever builds for Allah a masjid, Allah will reward him similar to it in paradise."
(Bukhari & Muslim)

"Whosoever shares in building a masjid for Allah, even if it is as small as a bird’s nest, Allah (S.W.T.) will build for him a house in Paradise."
(Imam Ahmad)
Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

JazakAllaah khair, that's the one!!! REPS! FROM ME, JJ, TIA AND MEJ InshaAllaah!

ThanKoo A_c got the hadith I wanted now!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakatuh. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
:sl:

Are u building this masjid as a sadaqa jariya for your grand parents?

Where will its location be?

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Are u building this masjid as a sadaqa jariya for your grand parents?

Where will its location be?

First question:
I'll answer inabit inshaAllaah, we're actually extending it, it has no dome or minaret or nothing, looks abit like a box..atm :XMy granpapa wanted big and stuff, he worKed hard to build the mosque, unfortunately he passed away before he could fulfill his dreams of making this masjid bigger, he passed away few days after his brother, granpapa2, so poppa and granpapa2's middle son will be going to Bangladesh with the money we raise and make the masjid much bigger and better, with more facilities etc, make dua for us, we need roughly 10K

Second question:
Bangladesh

Civilsed
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Who ever builds a Masjid for Allah, Allah will Build for him a similar House in Paradise" (Hadith)

To spend in the path of Allah Ta'ala by way of propagating the Deen of Allah is highly meritorious and rewarding. Reward attained through the performance of certain good deeds affords the continuity of reward even after death.
Indeed fortunate are those who have reaped such tremendous benefits and Insha Allah will bear the fruits in the hereafter.

Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahAnho)) has reported the messenger of Allah as saying, "Among the actions and good deeds for which a believer will continue to receive reward, after his death, are knowledge which he taught and spread, a good son whom he left behind, or a copy of the Qur'an which he left as a legacy, or a mosque which he erected, or a house which he built for the traveller, or a stream which he caused to flow, or a Sadaqah which he gave from his property when he was alive and well, for which he will continue to receive reward after his death". (Ibn Majah - Mishkat)

Masha'Allah you will all gain great reward insha'Allah and everyone who prays in your mosque you will get reward even when in the grave.

The design depends on the finance available, but i would take you inspiration from Mosques in the Gulf (Masha'Allah Oman has beautiful mosques, the UAE and of course Saudia Arabia... but again depends on finance.

Finally, Contact local muslim shops etc... give them buckets for donations, Contact Islam channel and arrange an advert , dont forget to set up a bank account where bank can donate.

Hope this helps

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
for fundraising u can sell reeaaally expensive food

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

Who ever builds a Masjid for Allah, Allah will Build for him a similar House in Paradise" (Hadith)

To spend in the path of Allah Ta'ala by way of propagating the Deen of Allah is highly meritorious and rewarding. Reward attained through the performance of certain good deeds affords the continuity of reward even after death.

Indeed fortunate are those who have reaped such tremendous benefits and Insha Allah will bear the fruits in the hereafter.

Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahAnho)) has reported the messenger of Allah as saying, "Among the actions and good deeds for which a believer will continue to receive reward, after his death, are knowledge which he taught and spread, a good son whom he left behind, or a copy of the Qur'an which he left as a legacy, or a mosque which he erected, or a house which he built for the traveller, or a stream which he caused to flow, or a Sadaqah which he gave from his property when he was alive and well, for which he will continue to receive reward after his death". (Ibn Majah - Mishkat)
JazakAllaah khair,

Masha'Allah you will all gain great reward insha'Allah and everyone who prays in your mosque you will get reward even when in the grave.
InshaAllaah and hopefully my grandparents too because they are the ones who worKed so hard for this to happen, but qadr Allaah I guess, they didn't get to do the extension done,

The design depends on the finance available, but i would take you inspiration from Mosques in the Gulf (Masha'Allah Oman has beautiful mosques, the UAE and of course Saudia Arabia... but again depends on finance.
As for the finance JJ can get all her mates to give money and all my family members are putting stuff in, so inshaAllaah, by the time it's time to go do the job, we should have enough money for everything we intended to do,

Finally, Contact local muslim shops etc... give them buckets for donations, Contact Islam channel and arrange an advert , dont forget to set up a bank account where bank can donate.
Yeah we have donation bucket, dad has to put em in his shop though, that is a good idea, dint think of that, yes dads setting up a bank account!

Hope this helps
Yes JazaKAllaah Khair, your help is much appreciated.

IslamicRevival
01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Allah Hu Akbar :)

What a splendid Idea

It will be costly and it will take a lot of time but it will certainly benfit you on the day on judgement.

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
for fundraising u can sell reeaaally expensive food
We're not that loaded, expensive food? We're tryna raise money akhi, RAISE!

How about cheap food? :X

Anything else?

Al-Hanbali
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM

Have you thought of trynna sort out something with Bangla TV/Channel S .... don't they do those Masjid fundraising programmes ... or was that just in Ramadhaan....

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Allah Hu Akbar :)

What a splendid Idea

It will be costly and it will take a lot of time but it will certainly benefit you on the day on judgement.
InshaAllaah,

So..How many rich friends, gimme their contact details...:exhausted JK

Funny how the Non-Muslims reply to my PM's ASAP. imsad

Danah
01-14-2009, 07:37 PM
sister I did not find many helpful English things, so I summarized and translated this arabic article as much as I can

There are five important points you must follow in designing mosques

first: chose the good place to build the masjid
you must chose a good place to build the masjid like building it in a clean area where there is nothing can disrespect the honor and dignity of the masjid

second: the direction of the masjid (qibla)
make sure that it face the qibla

thrid: the first row
try to make the first row as big as you can, because you know that all muslims are competing over praying in the first row...which mean avoid putting a lot of decorations those architecture shapes in that place because you will just waste a lot of free spaces on such things

fourth: the columns
its already known that praying in the connected rows is better than the split ones, try to reduce putting columns "as much as you can" on the center area

fifth: the islamic patterns and designs
recently, many people are competing over who design the most amazing patterns on the walls of the masjid, and a lot of them are just overdo it...so dont fall in that.
putting a lot of patterns may distract the concentration of people there

sixth: the wudu places
those places need not to be in the same direction of the masjid's qipla

I hope this help sis :)

and there are hadiths for every single things I mentioned before, if you want I will look for the correct English translation of those hadiths *I am not sure if I can translate them well I guess*

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

Have you thought of trynna sort out something with Bangla TV/Channel S .... don't they do those Masjid fundraising programmes ... or was that just in Ramadhaan....

Sorry I have a jist of what your talking about, ma rents dun watch TV and I dunno what tha heck that is, but obviously it's like Islam Channel, but kinda...:exhausted so how about you advertise it for us? Deal or No deal?

They only fund masjids in Ramadhan, how disgraceful, what kind of channel is this, whatever it is, DON'T WATCH IT no more,

JazakAllaahu khair,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Zamtsa
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
(Imam Ahmad)

This one is Dha'if, I've seen the takhrij for this Hadits, syaikh Ahmad bin Muhammad Syakir did not put this Hadits in his Shahih Musnad Imam Ahmad.

Thou could invite syaikh Zakir Abdul Karim Naik to do lectures in the Masjid, in whatever topics that he wishes to give in the Masjid. He must be in there until the money fully raise for the Masjid.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
We're not that loaded, expensive food? We're tryna raise money akhi, RAISE!

How about cheap food? :X

Anything else?
lol

you misunderstood me

you can sell a peanut for £3 claiming they will get their reward in al-akhirah.

get me?

sell a doughbut for £3!

buy it for £0.30!

or even just make it yourself!

but make sure its halal :)

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib
(Imam Ahmad)

This one is Dha'if, I've seen the takhrij for this Hadits, syaikh Ahmad bin Muhammad Syakir did not put this Hadits in his Shahih Musnad Imam Ahmad.

Thou could invite syaikh Zakir Abdul Karim Naik to do lectures in the Masjid, in whatever topics that he wishes to give in the Masjid. He must be in there until the money fully raise for the Masjid.

Wa'alaykum,salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

So that one is weak? Then we will avoid putting that on the donation form,

As for the sheikh travelling that is kinda unimaginable at the moment,

ThanKoo for letting us know,

JazakAllaah khair akhi,

P.s SiKKKKKKKK name,

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Dearest Imaan Person,

Yeah I agree, I think I should sell marshmallows, how you make doughnuts? Get a chocolate fountain and let peoples dip their marshmallows in it, sounds cool,

Zamtsa
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
wa 'ilaikas salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

My name is Heyditia Prama Putra.

syaikh Abdul Karim Naik might be happy to go to your Masjid for that occasion, and plus say to him "We want to record your speech."

We want to hear him speaking about "Tawassul wa Tabaruk."

2. Khilafah Islamiyyah
3. Imam Mahdi, descend of Almasih Iisa Ibn Maryam 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Sallam, Al Jassasah and Imam Mahdi.
4. Dissensions, Trial And War
5. Mujaddid.

Tell him to make a comment on this Hadits:

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith Narrated by AbuHurayrah
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion’s business for it.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Civilsed
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Asalam alaykum,

Came across this just give an idea of costs

http://www.islamchannel.tv/ICAdvertisment.aspx

Civilsed
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Asalam Alaykum,

Came across this just to give you an idea of costs
http://www.islamchannel.tv/ICAdvertisment.aspx

Oooops sorry dbl posted

Najm
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

“In houses which Allah has permitted to be raised up, that His Name may be remembered therein. In them He is glorified, morning and evening.” [24:36]

Mosques are blessed premises where the words of the Creator are recited and taught. They are centres of mercy and peace for the whole of humanity. They are houses where monotheism is proclaimed enabling people to receive rays of guidance. It is for this reason that mosques are the most beloved places to Allah as the Prophet (sallaAllahu alayhi wa sallam) declared in an authentic hadith. In addition, the act of establishing mosques is one of the best deeds according to Islamic teachings. Allah says in the Quran [translation of the meaning of (9:18)], ‘The mosques of Allah shall be maintained only by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day; who perform Salat, give Zakat, and fear none but Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance’. It is authentically reported that the Prophet (sallaAllahu alayhi wa salla) said, ‘Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allah, seeking by it Allah's grace, Allah will build for him a house like it in Paradise’. (Related by Al-Bukhari & Muslim). The first action carried out by the Prophet (sallaAllahu alayhi wa sallam) when arriving at Madinah was to establish the mosque.

...Source...
Check this too... http://www.************/articleDetails.asp?articleID=24

Can I join?

FiAmaaniAllah...

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
JazakAllaah khair, I like Abdul Thayyib,

JazakAllaah khair Civil, too expensive,

Najm, PM the name of the site with spaces in between each letter, is it Yan*ab* by any chance?

What would you like to join?

KashifB
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Where (location) are you going to build it?

For fundraising why not create a fundraising website not just for the Masjid but you can also use it to raise money for other Islam related stuff.

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. I might do it myself !!!

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't have the expertise or money to build websites, but we have 3 years to get the money sorted, the full 10K

Just make dua for us.

Danah
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
May allah make things easier for you
cant you collect donations from other people? or you just want to fund the project by yourself?

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
May allah make things easier for you
cant you collect donations from other people? or you just want to fund the project by yourself?
Aameen,

Yes corse from friends. families, most of the money is gonna have to come from Poppa,

I hope H4RUN and Najm can help us... *ahem*

Zamtsa
01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
wa fiikum barakaallah.

Thou could record the speech of the syaikh in that 5 topics, because seemingy he had not spoken about that yet.

Antum won't know before antum try it. And I want the recording to be distribute to Indonesia, where I am now.

Just said to Mr.Abdul Karim Naik, his brother fid din from Bandung, Indonesia, in the name of Abdul Musa'ir in turntoislam.com, wants him to do the speech in that 5 topics.

Jazakallahu khairan. I hope that your grandpapa would be happy in akhirat because his grandchildren make this Dakwah happen so the reward from Allahu Ta'ala will go to him and the benefit of the Dakwah will be found in this earth and in the Paradise.
Moreover, this is the first step to make your Masjid become flooded by people who want to learn Islam and to do Shalat Jama'ah in there.
Furthermore, that Syaikh being pressed by public because of his "truthfulness and straightforwardness in Dakwah."
He might enjoy the trip to your Masjid, and so he could do Silaturrahim with your family and Muslim family around there, plus being surrounded by people who are curious about:

1. Tawassul wa Tabaruk.

2. Khilafah Islamiyyah
3. Imam Mahdi, descend of Almasih Iisa Ibn Maryam 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Sallam, Al Jassasah and Imam Mahdi.
4. Dissensions, Trial And War
5. Mujaddid.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith Narrated by AbuHurayrah

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion’s business for it.

Renovate back to As Sunnah.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

KashifB
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't have the expertise or money to build websites, but we have 3 years to get the money sorted, the full 10K

Just make dua for us.
May Allah subhanahu wata'ala help you with your project. 10K, will that be enough?

Najm
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM

Just make dua for us.

AsSalamOAlikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

UhktE, you know you have the expertise!!! Your english is awesome.

We need lots of dua from everyone.

FiAmaaniAllah

Faith.
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
On hadiths...All the one's I know of have already been said.
But you could get money via donations..Or donation box's..
Just try putting one in every local mosque.
Or stalls, Selling stuff?.....Mabye A fundraiser?

chacha_jalebi
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
best fundraising is to do a auction, and auction stuff, and give all the proceedins to charity or in your case, your masjid!

because lets be honest sometimes people aint always feelin generous, if they biddin on somethin, and the competition and all that, can always get them flowin and you make a lot of moniess!!

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
May Allah subhanahu wata'ala help you with your project. 10K, will that be enough?
Aameen, Yes, because the main foundation of the masjid is built, we just need to design the top layer, including minarets and a dome.

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

UhktE, you know you have the expertise!!! Your english is awesome.

We need lots of dua from everyone.

FiAmaaniAllah

Wa'alaykumSalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, degree level English language, you'd think I know how to spell by now, but I can be extremely stupid sometimes...but thanKoo for the compliment, you've just boosted my self-esteem up a notch!

JazakiAllaahu khair, it's already been mentioned@SumZzz

JazakAllaah khair, I have nothing to auction, you willing to give away your car? Feel free @ Chacha Jalebi

~Taalibah~
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
- So I need a hadith that says helping to build a masjid is grrrrrrrrrrreat! oe sutin like 'at

- Also I need ideas on how to design it, 'cause me and JJ making the prototype inshaAllaah

- What can me and Jay jay do to raise money for our masjid..?
Sis you can try raising money by making stuff to sell, biscuits, home made cakes etc? I dont knw if it was already suggested as i never read the whole thread...

As for ideas in design, hmm.

Re.TiReD
01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I gotz an idea!!! :D wanna hear it?? :D

Oh wait....ur on msn :-\

Lemme nudge her :p

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Masha'Allah at the comments so far

Pk_#2
01-16-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
I gotz an idea!!! :D wanna hear it?? :D

Oh wait....ur on msn :-\

Lemme nudge her :p

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Masha'Allah at the comments so far
She's not here people,

It's all your imagination..

You're ALL dreaming,

*Fries piNkie and SamaKah

Zamtsa
01-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I have read Hadits where Rasulullah Shalallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam forbade auction.

I found it really true, auction is something where people rise the price, taking advantage of the people who are challenging to each other and show off their wealth.

And from Abu Bakrin, Rasulullah had forbade people to bet on something.

Pk_#2
01-18-2009, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib
I have read Hadits where Rasulullah Shalallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam forbade auction.

I found it really true, auction is something where people rise the price, taking advantage of the people who are challenging to each other and show off their wealth.

And from Abu Bakrin, Rasulullah had forbade people to bet on something.

JazakAllaah khair, I wasn't interested in auctioning anyway,

1) Just wondering, how do people name the masjid,

For example, a lil while away is a masjid called Al-jalal, who named it and how did they come up with the name?

Abroad most masjids are named after the location, so you'd generally have a few masjids in the same area called the same thing..:hmm:

2) How succesful are fundraisers? How do I go about doing it if the town where I live is fairly small (and people are tight..) :exhausted

3) :skeleton: c- c- c- c o - l - l d..

Re.TiReD
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
AsslamuAlaykum

Hope you're well insha'Allah sis.

At fundraiser....once you get the ball rolling insha'Allah you'll get volunteers popping up out of the woodwork....Fundraisers are very succesful alhamdulillah and you can organise and execute them in many different ways.

What I said on MSN still stands insha'Allah, I'll help you in any way I can. If you decide to go ahead with the fundraiser lemme know and I'll give you a call and talk it through with you.

May Allah (swt) reward and accept ur efforts. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum

~Taalibah~
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM

For example, a lil while away is a masjid called Al-jalal, who named it and how did they come up with the name?

Abroad most masjids are named after the location, so you'd generally have a few masjids in the same area called the same thing..:hmm:

I think the owners name it. Here a masjid was sold and the owners renamed, Masjidul Fuqaraah.

Danah
01-18-2009, 06:25 PM
you can name your masjid anything you want....I dont know about the laws in your place, but I think you need to register the name when you will register your ownership of the masjid...but still I am not sure

Pk_#2
01-18-2009, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AsslamuAlaykum

Hope you're well insha'Allah sis.

At fundraiser....once you get the ball rolling insha'Allah you'll get volunteers popping up out of the woodwork....Fundraisers are very succesful alhamdulillah and you can organise and execute them in many different ways.

What I said on MSN still stands insha'Allah, I'll help you in any way I can. If you decide to go ahead with the fundraiser lemme know and I'll give you a call and talk it through with you.

May Allah (swt) reward and accept ur efforts. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum
Wa'alaykumsalaam, I want you two (samaKah & ptishkie) to help me, you can't do fundraisers over the phone imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
I think the owners name it. Here a masjid was sold and the owners renamed, Masjidul Fuqaraah.
Cool :thumbs_up JazakiAllaahu khair Sabz,

you can name your masjid anything you want....I dont know about the laws in your place, but I think you need to register the name when you will register your ownership of the masjid...but still I am not sure
JazakiAllaahu khair, how is our diamond sister A.A?

Let me know how she is, she hasn't replied to my PM and I read your rep late, imsad

Danah
01-18-2009, 06:41 PM

JazakiAllaahu khair, how is our diamond sister A.A?

Let me know how she is, she hasn't replied to my PM and I read your rep late, imsad
how I can told u when I cant PM u :mmokay:

Pk_#2
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM
how I can told u when I cant PM u :mmokay:
Oops maybe that's why she didn't reply, :-[ Just tell me here, the amount of times I enabled it for you two! :X :skeleton: *Wubz*

Danah
01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Edit

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 09:57 AM

Wa'alaykumsalaam, I want you two (samaKah & ptishkie) to help me, you can't do fundraisers over the phone imsad
Yu wanna bet? :shade:

Lol I do half my stuff over the phone to avoid having to meet bro's face to face. For e.g. people from Interpal etc.

Its not difficult...where there's a will, there's a way.

Step 1) Get in touch with your comunity Centre
Plan what you're going to say beforehand and have an idea of what date you want it etc, be prepared to pay a little for the venue although some places give a discounted price for charity events. They might ask you to write to the council for permission etc but you'll find that out when you call insha'Allah

Step 2) Make sure you have the volunteers ready.
It's all good having the ideas etc but cant do anything without (wo)man power. So insha'Allah beforehand you need to get a group of ppl together because although you might be planning small scale...too many cooks will not spoil the broth in this case. Trust. If you need any help with volunteers lemme know insha'Allah (and they wont be internet pplz =P)

Step 3) Get your ideas down and get planning
Figure out how much space you've got and what you want to do in it. You dont want to plan too much and not have the space, and vice versa. Once you've figured what activities/stalls you're going to do, you might want to ask people/organisations for donations to get you started insha'Allah.

Step 4) Advertising and itsy bitsy stuff
You need to advertise well insha'Allah and make the poster/flyer attractive. There's a bro designs em for free and they're really kool masha'Allah I'll pass you the website if you're interested.

Hm and thats it really sis. Wallah all you need is dedication and a month max and you're going places, insha'Allah. I'd seriously consider it if I was you sis. It'l be faaaaab! If I was near enough I'd deffo help you in person, but cant...sorry :$

WassalamuAlaykum <3

Zamtsa
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM

JazakAllaah khair, I wasn't interested in auctioning anyway,

2) How succesful are fundraisers? How do I go about doing it if the town where I live is fairly small (and people are tight..) :exhausted

3) :skeleton: c- c- c- c o - l - l d..

wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

wa fiikum barakaallah. For name, you could look at my thread entitled "164 Asma'ul Husna."

Eric H
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Pk_#2;

One place they raised money by asking people to pay for the bricks in the building, and each brick they brought they wrote their name on. This meant
they could see the part of the building they brought and there would be a lasting testimony to them.

I don’t know if this would be ok in Islam, but making lots of prayers is still the best way.

In the spirit of praying to one God,

Eric

Pk_#2
01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Pk_#2;

One place they raised money by asking people to pay for the bricks in the building, and each brick they brought they wrote their name on. This meant
they could see the part of the building they brought and there would be a lasting testimony to them.

I don’t know if this would be ok in Islam, but making lots of prayers is still the best way.

In the spirit of praying to one God,

Eric
Haallo/Wa'alaykum Eric,

That's a siK idea you know, thing is in a masjid it's kinda unsuitable 'cause it's like people might be praying in the direction of someone's name or loadsa peoples names :skeleton: I duno if it would fall into the category of shirk, but it's kinda dodgy, thanks for the input though.

JazakAllaah khair Wa BarakAllaah Fik Abdul-Thayyib. :thumbs_up

Najm
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM

UhktE, i am willing to help as actively as possible after the exams!!! That is if i am wanted imsad

If you can gather some kind of articles about your Grans Masjid .i.e location, profile, and what needs to be done. Then we will think of ways of getting donations such as through distribution of leaflets :), going door to door :skeleton:, as well as painting the uni with adverts!!! :rollseyes

What do you think?

Maybe even you can go class to class, asking for donations in a bucket thing, at the same thing you can be doing active dawah!!! :rollseyes etc

FiAmaaniAllah

Pk_#2
01-21-2009, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

UhktE, i am willing to help as actively as possible after the exams!!! That is if i am wanted imsad

If you can gather some kind of articles about your Grans Masjid .i.e location, profile, and what needs to be done. Then we will think of ways of getting donations such as through distribution of leaflets :), going door to door :skeleton:, as well as painting the uni with adverts!!! :rollseyes

What do you think?

Maybe even you can go class to class, asking for donations in a bucket thing, at the same thing you can be doing active dawah!!! :rollseyes etc

FiAmaaniAllah

Gran? Ewwy, it's granmama! Yes I've made them you can distribute them for me, but disrupting lessons and going against University regulation is not gonna get us anywhere, :hmm:

We can't stick posters up without permission, but if you know that W"£$%^ guy the tall one, maybe he can do it for us =S

JazakAllaah khair,

Najm
01-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Gran? Ewwy, it's granmama! Yes I've made them you can distribute them for me, but disrupting lessons and going against University regulation is not gonna get us anywhere, :hmm:

We can't stick posters up without permission, but if you know that W"£$%^ guy the tall one, maybe he can do it for us =S

JazakAllaah khair,

Shall I write your name down? And I was gonna give you a copy of the donation form thing so you can ask your mates, JJ said you don't have any though..:exhausted

WalaikumAsSalam WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Nevertheless i am willing to help!!! Anything to get more deeds!!!:D

We wont have to disrupt lessons, if i tell the lecturers beforehand then, it'll be smooth!!! :-[ I wont break rules, i think!!

With the posters, I'll get permissions from uni 1st!!! Also i know the tall dude =D I am sure he would love to help!!!!

And you know about the last bit now :X

JazakiAllah Khair UhktE

Gran for pa+ma =)

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
wouldnt the building look ugly if it had names written all ova it loool

Pk_#2
01-25-2009, 06:49 PM
You know people are so friggin tight, we got the kids to count all the change collected in the donation box at dads shop and so many people donated random money like:

Dollars/cents
Francs
Euros
Dhirhams
Rupees

You name it, we got it,

So now we gotta exchange them all:exhausted

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
^ hey i think its good!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.