/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husband is not praying..what should i do?

AnonymousPoster
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Salam Alekum..I have been married for 4 years and my husband is a great person masha allah he treats me wel the only problem is that he doesnt pray regurarly and only does so when i get into fights with him about it.
What can i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
01-15-2009, 12:38 PM
:sl:
Have you tried to educate him on the matter? show him some ayaat and ahadeeth.. articles.. anything! Make sure that he knows how serious it is to abandon his prayers.. maybe you could send some things to his email... or leave some articles lying around for him to read.. or read some stuff yourself and be like, "wow! i just read that the reward for praying fajr on time is ............... SubhanAllaah, isnt that amazing!" etc..

You could encourage him by asking him to take you to the masjid, you could say you haven't been in a while and would like to go... or you could ask him if he'd like to pray with you?

Do not push it on him, or nag him! that will make him angry and will probably make the situation worse! Speak softly to him, men don't like being told what to do! and be patient! don't expect him to not pray at all one day and the next to be praying all 5 prayers, on time and at the masjid... take baby steps inshaAllaah!

Dawud_uk
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

It was narrated that Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer, and whoever neglects it has disbelieved (become a kaafir).’” (It was narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

according to the strongest evidence the one who doesnt pray enters disbelief, as such he is not halal for you at these times.

therefore go on 'strike' unless he will go to the masjid and pray as he should, but address him in good ways and explain why you are doing so based on sound evidences.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/5208

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/102049

explain to him your love for him and that you dont want him to go into the hellfire but until he changes his ways you must do everything you can to change him out of your love for him.

assalaamu alaykum,

MO783
01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
make dua for him

May Allah make it easy for you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Beat him up...

most guys are weird and evil, I hate most of em, they're scary..:exhausted:raging::skeleton:

I mean,

format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
make dua for him

May Allah make it easy for you
^
Anon12345678

ardianto
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salam Alekum..I have been married for 4 years and my husband is a great person masha allah he treats me wel the only problem is that he doesnt pray regurarly and only does so when i get into fights with him about it.
What can i do?
Read an advice from Umu 'Isa in post #2.
That is a great advice. I know that because I'm a husband.

Please sister, dont fight against your husband. Always smile and always speak softly to him. InshaAllah, your husband will always love you.

simplicity786
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
i agree dont fight with him, its not going to help the situation its only going to make him pray to shut you up, show him love and effection.. you need to educate him more as to why he needs to pray and what is writern for him if he does not pray, advice him to go to the masjid and mix with more practicing brothers.. sis you can only guide him, the rest is up to him.. May Allah show him and us all the correct path..

Yanal
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
My parents do not pray and that also affects me. Sometimes I pray all Five prayers and sometimes I pray only one or two prayers. The point is that the atmosphere around you normally causes you do do things. For example if a good student gets bullied each day and a couple of gang members come up to him and say " Join us and those fools will never dare touch you". And that student joins for the sake of his atmosphere. Keep bring up the matter and don't get dishearted because if you do it will only cause you pain and sufferings. Keep up the prayers and keep asking your husband to pray. Hope it works out right.

Vito
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Talk to him about it and explain why it is important but don't pressure him. By pressuring him, he will only pray because you tell him to and not for the sake of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.