/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ideas...

Na7lah
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM
:sl:

A few young sisters came to me yesterday and complained that our state wasn't doing much for the youth here. I'm in charge along with some other sisters of the activities that we do sometimes at the masjid. usually we just have a lecture and small discussion every friday night after maghrib but i noticed a lot of people get bored. So...

I need help with big ideas for projects to start here. I want the age range to be from 10-18 or around there. Any idea is a good idea inshallah so get typing plz :-[

Jazakallah khair in advance :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
hmm how about you ask those sisters to put forward suggestions on things theyd like to see?
and for the lecture...what kind of topics would they like to see discussed?

ajnabee
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM

a big project? hmmm.. hows about u give them something to get their teeth into. maybe organise a community event? like a charity event for palestine or something... see what they come up with. u guys in charge can be there to help them out, be a guide, etc.

just an idea, would be fun for them and at the same time, practical and hands on and an opportunity for them to raise lotsa money and get rewarded for their efforts insha'allah.

:D

ajnabee
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
OR to make it bit more exciting :D split them all up into groups n make it like a competetion.... get the groups to think up their own fundraiser n implement it and group with the most money raised gets a special prize! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
what about start doing quran memorizing lessons ?

like give them some verses as a task for each week you meet?

Zahida
01-15-2009, 07:12 PM
:sl: Hmmm i agree ask the youngsters who attend......... there is so much you can do with the young ones writing competitions, posters poems!!!!

You could arrange outings by the Masjid to Museums and other places of education/fun i am sure parents would be willing to participate.....

You could show vidoes DVDs widely avaible on stories of the Prophets or maybe something different to the older members.....

Crafts......... you could make things and hold a craft stall........... so much you can do as long as it's within limits......

Good luck, i think what you are doing is essential for the kids of our future!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

:):w::w:

Na7lah
01-16-2009, 02:44 AM
maybe organise a community event? like a charity event for palestine or something... see what they come up with. u guys in charge can be there to help them out, be a guide, etc.
what about start doing quran memorizing lessons ?
there is so much you can do with the young ones writing competitions, posters poems!!!!

You could show vidoes DVDs widely avaible on stories of the Prophets or maybe something different to the older members.....
mashallah such great ideas, keep them coming :D

i like the fundraising idea :thumbs_up

Dawud_uk
01-16-2009, 06:05 AM

start a da'wah project, teach them the basics then let them loose on their classmates.

which reminds me, we used to do school visits when i lived in sheffield, we'd be asked to come into schools, from primary to A-level and give a little talk and answer their questions as part of religious studies.

some of the more mature sisters could do this as it is ideal da'wah for sisters to do.

sirajstc
01-16-2009, 06:23 AM
good idea all the best

*Yasmin*
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
what about tjweed lessons they are so interesting ?

Re.TiReD
01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
:salamext:

Start a Sisters magazine :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Umar001
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah.

It all depends, maybe you should have a survey, you need to know why they get bored?

Are they bored because of the actual topics? Or the way the topic is presented? Or because they feel they are learning nothing?

Have you guys spoken to the Imam of the Masjid, what does he suggest, he, I assume, knows the situation better than most of us here.

Also what are you aiming to do? What does your area need, do you need to work on a building a stronger community? If so then maybe cooking days or days where people go to someone's house or stuff like that may be helpful, or having one day a week dedicated to a certain group (over 30s, or Mothers, or under 13s etc). Or are you looking to provide islamic knowledge first and foremost, if so, then you may want to find out the how the people work, put them in groups, to do different tasks, have one day teaching one important topic and another day another, then have the rest of thedays as days of revisions where the groups can choose to get together to revise etc.

Have notices, i.e. such and such sister is sick if anyone wants to visit her, or such and such sister's husband died so if anyone would like to help her out with things whilst she mourns.

EDIT: Also you could have days where you have the Imam with a Trustworthy Muslim Dr. and the sisters can write questions and have them answer, I'm sure you'll get questions about giving birth and all that. Also with a lawyer or someone in the legal system.

There's so much you can do, I hope it goes well!

br.al-Habeshi

Zahida
01-17-2009, 09:36 PM
:sl: Just remembered last year at our masjid we did an Islamic Arts Exhibition...................:bump1::w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.