/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Anti-semitic

geek_pride
01-16-2009, 04:08 PM
My friend was trying to convince me to hate all jews. she even said that it is written in the quran that we should. I find this very hard to believe, yes i am very much agaisnt Iseral but i dont hate every jew in the world. She then said that i have a very weak imam? Can someone clear this up for me..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
With regard to matters of love and hate in the heart, the Muslims’ attitude towards non-Muslims is based on the latter’s attitude towards Allaah. If they worship Allaah and do not associate anything in worship with Him, then they love them. If they associate others in worship with Him, or disbelieve in Him, or worship others alongside Him, or are hostile towards His religion and hate the truth, then it is obligatory to hate them in our hearts.

Hating them in our hearts does not mean that we should oppress or mistreat them under any circumstances, because Allaah said to His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), describing what his attitude should be towards the People of the Book:

“and I am commanded to do justice among you. Allaah is our Lord and your Lord. For us our deeds and for you your deeds”

[al-Shoora 42:15 – interpretation of the meaning]

even though he is a Muslim and they are following Judaism or Christianity.

The Muslims believe that it is not permissible, under any circumstances whatsoever, for a Muslim to mistreat a non-Muslim who is not hostile towards Islam; so the Muslim should not commit aggression against him, or frighten him, or terrorize him, or steal his wealth, or embezzle him, or deprive him of his rights, or deny him his trust, or deny him his wages, or withhold from him the price of his goods when buying from him or withhold the profits of a partnership if he is in a business partnership with him.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/26721

- Qatada -
01-16-2009, 07:24 PM
:salamext:

Question: What does it mean to be Semitic? Why are Arabs described as Semitic? Is it because they are descended from Shem, the son of Noah (peace be upon him)?

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

The term "Semitic" literally refers to the descendants of Shem, the son of Prophet Noah (peace be upon him). Abraham (peace be upon him) is recognized by history to be a descendant of Shem, and in turn all of his descendants are traditionally called Semites, including the Jews and the Arabs.

In today’s discourse, Semitic is used to designate a linguistic group within the larger Afro-Asiatic language family.

People who speak these languages are often referred to as Semitic people. These languages include Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic (in Ethiopia), and a number of other languages.

Also visit;

http://jews-for-allah.org

Banu_Hashim
01-16-2009, 07:26 PM
^^ Very Interesting, and obviously true as supported by ayats from the Qur'an. Btw, the Arabs are ethnically semites as well... so to be Anti-Semetic is grouping a large amount of people. Being Anti-Zionist is another thing.

But history has shown as, in the Qur'an in several parts in Surah Baqarah that Jews always questioned what Musa (AS) told them, and never was content with what they were provided. They always needed proof for the Al-Ghaib (the unseen). Hence they are a nation, with whom Allah is angry.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Argamemnon
01-17-2009, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by geek_pride
My friend was trying to convince me to hate all jews. she even said that it is written in the quran that we should. I find this very hard to believe, yes i am very much agaisnt Iseral but i dont hate every jew in the world. She then said that i have a very weak imam? Can someone clear this up for me..
We don't need "Muslims" like her. Tell her to join Al Qaida.

malayloveislam
01-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Muslims in our country too had the same problem when it comes to Jews things. They actually never read Quran in full but just reading several passages.

But I think most Jews today supporting Zionism. I guess it is like accepted in their religion and treated seriously like it is apart of the religious creed by the follower of Judaism.

However we should be careful with non-Muslims although we respect their creed. What ever name their religions are, they are still the same. We never see non-Muslims oppose other non-Muslims aggressively like they oppose and slandering Islam.

Trumble
01-17-2009, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Btw, the Arabs are ethnically semites as well... so to be Anti-Semetic is grouping a large amount of people.
'Anti-semitic' is not actually an opposite to 'semitic' (or 'pro-semitic'). The term is defined solely as prejudice, hostility or descrimination aimed at Jews. Several have suggested that the word be used unhyphenated to make that clear.

geek_pride
01-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Thank you so for clearing that up.

Keltoi
01-17-2009, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam

However we should be careful with non-Muslims although we respect their creed. What ever name their religions are, they are still the same. We never see non-Muslims oppose other non-Muslims aggressively like they oppose and slandering Islam.
I'm not certain what you mean by that, but it obviously isn't true. If you mean non-Muslims don't oppose non-Muslims...well, just read a 5th grade history book and you know that isn't true. If you mean non-Muslims don't oppose other religions as they do Islam, that wouldn't be true either. The Wars of Religion in Europe were long and bloody.

mayza
01-22-2009, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
'Anti-semitic' is not actually an opposite to 'semitic' (or 'pro-semitic'). The term is defined solely as prejudice, hostility or descrimination aimed at Jews. Several have suggested that the word be used unhyphenated to make that clear.
why not just say "anti-jew"? I'm confused.

Silver
01-22-2009, 05:44 AM
I know that anti-semetic usually means hating jews and discriminating against them. But now anyone who is againts zionism is called an anti-semetic!

Zionism is a religious political movement and I'm allowed to hate it and fight against it. It does not make me an anti-semetic cos that's like saying that I hate an entire race.
Hating zionism does not mean being a racist!!
I'm semetic myself and I cannot possibly be an anti-semetic!! And even if I hated some jews, it does not mean that I hate all jews!

Strzelecki
01-22-2009, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
We don't need "Muslims" like her. Tell her to join Al Qaida.
Or perhaps try and help her misguided opinion?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.