/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doctors without borders

جوري
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Any docs or nurses on board apart of this organization?

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Press Release

Gaza: Medical Personnel Unable to Enter
Daily Pause in Violence Insufficient; Other Crossing Points Blocked and Civilians Remain Trapped

© Mustafa Hassona

Despite statements by Israeli authorities, the worsening security situation in the Gaza Strip is severely limiting international humanitarian assistance in support of Palestinian emergency medical services, which are trying to cope with thousands of wounded patients. MSF calls on the parties to the conflict to allow medical personnel to enter and operate safely in the Gaza Strip to reach trapped civilians.
Related:

if someone is a part of it, please I'd like to hear of your efforts, how much time you spend helping? it is interferes with your actual residency or medical practice, and how much time they require of you to serve etc

Jazkoum Allah khyran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
01-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Doctors without borders is the only reason I ever contemplated studying medicine.

I'd love to hear anything about it from anyone who's a part of it too.:thumbs_up

ayan333
01-20-2009, 02:49 AM
:sl:

i know of a Somali sister who works with this organization.she actually boarded a plane heading to Somali today.She has such a strong heart MashLLAH.shes not wealthy materialistically but shes rich in the heart.she study for so many years and doesn't even get paid.InshALLAH she'll get a big bonus in the Hereafter.

wth1257
01-20-2009, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Doctors without borders is the only reason I ever contemplated studying medicine.

I'd love to hear anything about it from anyone who's a part of it too.:thumbs_up

lol me too:D

I just didn't think I could handle the monotony of the rest of being a doctor. At least I hear it can be really monotonous from doctors I know and pre med friends.

Also, that would disrupt my amazing dream of getting through all of school without ever taking a Chemistry class:statisfie

Now I want to do Peace Corps in two years.

к Украине я пойду!
:D

I was wondering if the OP has any involvement with DwoB?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wth1257
01-20-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i know of a Somali sister who works with this organization.she actually boarded a plane heading to Somali today.She has such a strong heart MashLLAH.shes not wealthy materialistically but shes rich in the heart.she study for so many years and doesn't even get paid.InshALLAH she'll get a big bonus in the Hereafter.

God knows Somolia needs it imsad

جوري
01-20-2009, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

Money isn't usually in medicine.. Doctors might live financially comfortable lives but they are not rich.. people who want money should stay out of this career because honestly it won't pay in the way they think it will.. the hrs, the yrs, the dedication, the mal-practice insurance the student loans.. if you don't love it going in you won't love it, because it is very demanding in every way.. the rewards one reaps (if the patient population doesn't leave alot to be desired) are purely humanitarian .. medicine is the most noble profession .. may Allah swt reward your friend for her effort.. maybe she can sign on here and write a diary of what a day is like as a volunteer for DWB

Woodrow
01-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Just for reference I would like to point out that to much of the world Doctors Without Borders is known as MSF (Medicins Sans Frontieres)

MSF has been active in Gaza for many years. Here is a report from 2007

MSF in Palestinian Territories

Last updated: December 2007
MSF in Palestinian Territories, 2007

Poverty, restricted movement and increasing violence in the Palestinian Territories have inflicted a tremendous toll on mental health, yet there are few trained psychologists. MSF focuses on supplying psychological support to victims of violence in the Israeli-Palestinian and intra-Palestinian conflict. MSF also provides medical assistance to people without access to health services. Teams work in the West Bank and Gaza.

Patients live in exposed and insecure conditions such as refugee camps or areas where they are subject to frequent incursions, often close to checkpoints and Israeli settlements. People suffer from depression, anxiety, posttraumatic disorder and psychosomatic troubles. They are burdened with symptoms such as disrupted sleep, flashbacks and nightmares.
Source: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org...&ref=tag-index
It is beyond comprehension of what the results of the past 3 weeks will bring to the people of Gaza.

If MSF ever needed volunteers and donations, now is the time.

This is an organization much deserving of our help and one of the organizations that will help the people of Gaza.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.