/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to come up with funny stuff?

Yanal
01-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Heres a few ways.
How to Come Up with Funny Conversation Topics

There are a lot of ways to come up with funny conversation topics. Here are some tried and true tactics to keep your talking partner laughing or forum laughing.

1. Look back at yourself. Think about what has happened to you recently that might be perceived as being funny. Something that is sure to get a laugh from the person you are talking to. You might find something bad that happened to you that you can laugh about now, and share it with others. We all have our bad moments that we look back and laugh about. Well, why not share it with others? It not only shares a piece of you with them, but also gives them something to laugh about in the process.
  2. Buy a book of jokes, or a book with ways of making people laugh. Jokes can be used in many ways, and what is so neat about them is that they come in a variety of topics for everyday use. There are also many funny joke sites on the internet that you can browse for free, and grab your material from. The way to start a conversation with a joke is very simple. You can start with many different ways, but the most popular is “I heard this joke the other day, and I cracked up when I heard it. Mind if I share it with you?” See, that is not so hard, is it? You not only started to communicate with them, but you also gave them the choice on whether or not to hear the joke. If they do not want to hear it, that’s fine. Carry on with normal conversation afterwards.

1. Utilize your surroundings. Find something about the situation you are in that you might find funny, or can figure out a funny story about. Maybe you had a funny experience with a certain brand of clothing, or shoes, or know someone who did.

Note to self numbering is messed up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
:sl:
I just open my mouth. Though, in hindsight, that's probably not something to be proud of.

Aamirsaab: Hi.
Random person: : LOLZ

Re.TiReD
01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL I knew this thread was Yanal's....somehow :p

Whatsthepoint
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
yes yes..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
01-21-2009, 02:12 PM
How many of you actually try to think up funny things to talk about? Lol I dont think anybody does, jus go with da flow.

aamirsaab
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
How many of you actually try to think up funny things to talk about? Lol I dont think anybody does, jus go with da flow.
Usually you do just go with the flow. It's very hard to actually think of something funny. Unless your audience is as sharp as you are, you might as well say anything. Like bubblegum-bum or fishman. Of course, one-liners are always hilarious (I used to give one out regularly in my psychology classes....ah those were the days) but very few are capable of performing them. Especially on request.

Orn
01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
well........I dont think about them it just comes out, like I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable

Yanal
01-30-2009, 12:53 AM
My friend has an elite circle of humans that laugh at every joke he cracks on me.

Musaafirah
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
I've always found that someone finds something to laugh at regarding me, whoever the person is. It's very disconcerting believe me, it's not nice always being the butt of someones jokes.

The Ruler
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
If you try of be funny that way, you can never really be funny. Get the gist, kid?

Ar-RaYYan
02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
If you try of be funny that way, you can never really be funny. Get the gist, kid?
so true sis! my teacher put so much effort to be funny and his jokes are not funny believe me :uuh: i and the others sometimes laugh along in order not to embarrassed him. the thing is when he tries NOT to be funny its then he is funny :rolleyes:

Intisar
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I agree.

Being funny comes from telling the truth and being real. People will find you funny because you are telling the truth (and it hits close to home).

Yanal
02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes whenever I speak the truth somehow I'm funny.

Time
02-27-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
I agree.

Being funny comes from telling the truth and being real. People will find you funny because you are telling the truth (and it hits close to home).
oh my God.

THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!

The Ruler
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Yes whenever I speak the truth somehow I'm funny.
And you're not funny when you admit you're funny. That's another rule you might want to write down.

God-is-great
02-27-2009, 10:31 PM
interesting thread :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.