/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Preventing net abuse

anonymous
01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
:sl:

I just need a suggestion.
can anyone guide on how to monitor younger siblings when they are using internet. I am not talking about giving sermons etc to them, but just a practical approach.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2009, 02:44 PM
limit their time and keep them upto date on islamic teachings.

make sure they have good friends and inshAllah they'll fear Allah enough not to abuse the net in any way.

Assalamu Alaikum

anonymous
01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Brother, advice you have given is important. Thanks for it.

I was actually asking for a software or something that could help. I am myself not a computer professional, my field is related to medicine and i am just an enduser.

I was searching online and i found this web filter, but i am not sure, if its good or not. But its free to download.
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/index.php

If any muslim parents use any software that helps in web filtering, please do let me know where to download.

~Taalibah~
01-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Try out the keyloggers. Worked very well when i used it.
Uh tho i'm a 'kid' myself in certain terms....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I was searching online and i found this web filter, but i am not sure, if its good or not. But its free to download.
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/index.php

Someone posted that recently on another forum and said he found it very good. He installed it and tried to access sites he had banned and couldn't.

piXie
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Also, keep the computer in an area where everyone is going in and out, such as the lounge.

Gia
01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
I've got some software for that but I don't advise you to use any. People always tend to go after what they can't get, so by using filters or such things you could be leading your siblings to what you're trying to protect them from. I suggest that you make sure they understand what's right and what's wrong.

Abu AbdulRahman
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
whatever we do, our kids always know better than we about these things, or they have friends who know a lot about these things

if you put a program, your kid will find a way to penetrate it
if you put the in a common place, your kid will find a way to hide himself from the eyes

nothing will help you than a self protection

but if you insist on, you can do a thing:

all computer save the web site on a folder, so try to find that folder, and look at its contents every day, or every to or three days

tell him that you can know the site he visit, so he must be careful. but don't tell him about the folder, so he will not empty its contents

this is a method, but your kid will found a way to penetrate it, so nothing like self protection

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.