/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather....Saturday or Sunday?

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
:salamext:

Say there was an event on Saturday and one on Sunday. Which one would you most likely go to?

I'm not sure, I mean if its Sunday then people are at work/uni etc the next day so might want to use it as a day to catch up on last min stuff etc or might just wanna use it as a day to relex.

But if its Sat then people might wanna use that day to go shopping or whatever it is people do on the weekends.

Helppp....I neeed to pick a day....

Vote insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nadia85
01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
well for me would depend if i had day off on weekend ,but wud proply go sunday cause my friend is 3 then .so i go sunday

Gia
01-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Well for me Sunday is not a holiday, we're off on Fridays and Saturdays so obviously I'd pick Saturday to go shopping or whatever

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I dont think I made myself clear :-[

Imagine....there is an event....like an Islamic Lecture, Seminar, fundraising event. Would you be more likely to attend on a Saturday or on a Sunday?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
ok sis i wud go sunday

nadia85
01-19-2009, 10:56 AM
oh by the way why do u ask cant u decided lol tc

Gia
01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Imagine....there is an event....like an Islamic Lecture, Seminar, fundraising event. Would you be more likely to attend on a Saturday or on a Sunday?
In that case it wouldn't really make any difference, any day would just be fine. I've already voted anyways

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Oki doke jazakAllah khayr.

I think I'd personally prefer Saturday but wanna get a general idea of what others think insha'Allah

JazakAllah khayr for voting amani :p

Güven
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Saturday :thumbs_up

Fishman
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
:sl:
Saturday!
:w:

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Saturday is cheaper :p

Sum1 keep bumping this insha'Allah, please :-[

Danah
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Saturday

*Yasmin*
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
dosen't matter sat or sun the same for me the only diffirent between them that one come before the other:D
i've already voted

ardianto
01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

In Indonesia holiday are Saturday and Sunday (office) or Sunday only (school).
But I must work from Monday to Saturday.

nebula
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
can i go on friday please imsad

Ar-RaYYan
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
sunday coz its the only day of the week that im free

piXie
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM

I'd rather friday straight after Jum'ah prayer. :D forget venues (they cost!)

We need atleast 10 brothers, 2 each standing outside a mosque (that would be 5 mosques in total - choose the ones with most population).

Selling pakoras with mint chatni (£1.00 a plate) n pans of hot chicken corn soup (£1.50 a bowl) - or something like that !

It'll sell like hot cakes n together we'll raise loads of money insha'Allaah! What do u think ? :D

Re.TiReD
01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

I'd rather friday straight after Jum'ah prayer. :D forget venues (they cost!)

We need atleast 10 brothers, 2 each standing outside a mosque (that would be 5 mosques in total - choose the ones with most population).

Selling pakoras with mint chatni (£1.00 a plate) n pans of hot chicken corn soup (£1.50 a bowl) - or something like that !

It'll sell like hot cakes n together we'll raise loads of money insha'Allaah! What do u think ? :D
:wasalamex

Lol JazakAllah khayr for the responses.

Vell Piskel, I told you what I thoght of your idea over the fone yesterday buuuut...Well I guess its a good idea masha'Allah. But say out of the 50 brothers that go to pray...or maybe 80 or however many you have in City masjids....imagine only 20 of them can be bothered to wait around outside in the cold to buy pakoras.

You might aswell make it a wholly male thing and get them to do an appeal inside straight after Salah and leave us.....to play our part in a different way rather than sticking us in the kitchen (to make the pakoras and stuff), as always <_<

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Looks like it'll be a Saturday insha'Allah

piXie
01-20-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
...to play our part in a different way rather than sticking us in the kitchen (to make the pakoras and stuff), as always <_<

Its warmer in the kitchen :-[

And at Jum'ah time, m sure much more than 50 brothers come :uuh: esp in big mosques

Re.TiReD
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Its warmer in the kitchen :-[

And at Jum'ah time, m sure much more than 50 brothers come :uuh:

Lol. Maybe in masjids in bigger Cities....but where I live...It's different. but then again....I wouldnt know :p Hm I think I'll ask Abu that but sis....If you think about it realistically...you could do that, but....if you got em to do an appeal on the same day....I'm sure they'd raise more :-[ wallahu A'lam.

Basically, am not dissing the effort and idea....I just think men [being lazy and all] would rather go with the appeal...since they're so common in masjids anyway.

piXie
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

Lol. Maybe in masjids in bigger Cities....but where I live...It's different. but then again....I wouldnt know :p Hm I think I'll ask Abu that but sis....If you think about it realistically...you could do that, but....if you got em to do an appeal on the same day....I'm sure they'd raise more :-[ wallahu A'lam.

Basically, am not dissing the effort and idea....I just think men [being lazy and all] would rather go with the appeal...since they're so common in masjids anyway.
I think they'd go for the food. :p Can do both also..

n this can be done all over the U.K mosques as a collective effort. Not just in our areas.

Some advantages:

1) No charge for venues
2) No Advertising - loads of people will already be there

...etc

This is just another idea for raising money for Gaza. As for your fundraiser.. u still continue with that on Sat insha'Allaah.

Re.TiReD
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Uh huh, true true. Let us know how is goes insha'Allah hun :thumbs_up

maron
01-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Doesnt make a difference to me

Olive
01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Saturday... hate Sundays, cuz school's the next day! :p

Re.TiReD
01-22-2009, 12:52 PM
lol JazakAllah khayr for voting, I'll tell you what day was chosen insha'Allah as soon as its final.

ninetrey
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
esselamu aleikum

i would acually choose the friday!!! because in the islamic moon calendar
the first day of the week is the sunday so that whould make the friday become
the saturday you know?i would go the the friday prayer and then i would go
some where in the club bash some jews or some heathen arabs or whatever!:D

Allahu Akbar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.