/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi king announces $1 billion help to Gaza Strip

~Taalibah~
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Saudi king announces $1 billion help to Gaza Strip

saudi kingThe Saudi king on Monday said his country will donate $1 billion to help rebuild the Gaza Strip after Israel's devastating three-week offensive in the Palestinian territory. "On behalf of the Saudi people, I declare the donation of one billion dollars for programmes to rebuild Gaza," the Saudi monarch said.

According to the AP, King Abdullah criticizes Israel for using excessive force and said "one drop of Palestinian blood" is more valuable than all the money in the world. The king spoke Monday in Kuwait City at a summit focused on boosting economic growth and development in the Arab world.

© 2009 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Comment:
Now they want to help and mighty generous aren't we?
Why not help defend??:raging:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Better late than never, I suppose...

Fishman
01-19-2009, 06:02 PM
:sl:
Good, but getting charity out of the Saudis is a bit like how doctors get medicine out of snake venom IMO.

That being said, one billion is a lot and I hope it will in fact rebuild Gaza. They have gone through too much suffering.
:w:

piXie
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
The Saudi king on Monday said his country will donate $1 billion to help rebuild the Gaza Strip after Israel's devastating three-week offensive in the Palestinian territory. "On behalf of the Saudi people, I declare the donation of one billion dollars for programmes to rebuild Gaza," the Saudi monarch said.
Re-build what ? Re-build whilst Israel is still there destroying ? Why not stop giving oil to America ?

When we see Jets over Gaza, or tanks / ARVs roll into Gaza, they need oil in order to function. Lots of Oil. Under estimates, each plane requires 85 Gallons per minute. If we assume that each mission lasts for 2 hours, this is 10,000 gallons per sortie (mission). This means that Israel, since the war began, has required 15 Million gallons of fuel. This fuel is provided by the USA.

The OPEC countries provide over 1134 Million Gallons of Oil per day around the world. If Oil production were to seize, the impact upon the global economy would be enormous, as well as the USA no longer supplying fuel to Israel, as it would be scarce. Country to popular belief, US oil reserves are nowhere near significant enough to allow the fueling of a proxy war via Israel. The fighting would be over within days, perhaps even sooner than this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Re-build what ? Re-build whilst Israel is still there destroying ? Why not stop giving oil to America ?
America would invade, which is probably not in Saudi Arabia's best intrests. And whilst destroying Saudi A may seem like a good thing to some people, the Hajj would be disrupted and there would likely be fighting in Makkah and Madinah. Plus the whole innocent casualties thing, which happens in any war.

Amadeus85
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
1 billion dollars is much. But they should spend now in euro :)

Banu_Hashim
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, at least the Saudi King is helping them financially ($1 billion is quite a lot!), albeit after most of the damage has been done, with the cost being 1300 lives :(.

Bittersteel
01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
the saga continues.....

Keltoi
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Politically smart move by the Saudis.

Fishman
01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Again it all comes back to the one emotion that is used to rule the world:

FEAR

Is it not in Saudi's best interest to help their Muslim brothers who are being killed around the world?
Some people avoid hastling their enemies because of cowardice. others move like snakes.

Umar001
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

Great News, MashaAllah!

May Allah open the hearts of all rich humans to donate to people who are oppress and in need.

Once I heard of a brother who was eating the flesh of a dead dog.

Bro.al-Habeshi

Ansariyah
01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
One Billion in Riyals or pounds, Dollars, cause that makes a difference?
I'm just curious..?

Good, but genuine I dunno.

Ali.
01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Great news.. I just hope it reaches them in time before more die due to starvation, etc..

~Taalibah~
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
I agree whole heartedly. But you cant expect americas puppets to a thing like that to help their brother in need, can you?

I dont think America would bother thinking about invading Saudi, not that there is a chance of Saudi inviting it.

BlackMamba
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Thats good news one billion $ seems like a lot of money.
But why doesnt Saudi help defend Gaza and why dont any of the other 50 Muslim majority countries help defend Muslims from the jews. I though when Muslims get kicked out of their land or are oppressed, then you have to retaliate?

Fishman
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
But why doesnt Saudi help defend Gaza and why dont any of the other 50 Muslim majority countries help defend Muslims from the jews. I though when Muslims get kicked out of their land or are oppressed, then you have to retaliate?
Because they would loose and possibly end up starting a world war or something. As I said before, good leaders avoid anger-driven rushes, regardless of how much they may care, and move like snakes.

Trumble
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
It isn't; it's pocket change to some of those guys.

Banu_Hashim
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
True. The Saudi's could easily give 10 times this much. But, Alhamdulilah it's something.

Chuck
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Nope, Saudia has only $546 billion GDP compared to US $13 trillion, EU $14 trillion, China $7 trillion, Japan $4 trillion, India $2.9 trillion, Germany $2.8 trillion, UK $2.1 trillion just to name few. Saudia is not even in top 20.

Even Iran has more GDP $762 billion.

Olive
01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Alhamdulillah, here's a start. :)

Noora_z3
01-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Talk is cheap, so many times it happend that saudi royal family promises but that money stays as a promis and nothing more. I doubt that they will give that much.

Fishman
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Talk is cheap, so many times it happend that saudi royal family promices but that money stays as a promis and nothing more. I doubt that they will give that much.
Yes, a bit like certain other promises they made...

Banu_Hashim
01-20-2009, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Talk is cheap, so many times it happend that saudi royal family promises but that money stays as a promis and nothing more. I doubt that they will give that much.
Exactly. I'm sure the Palestinians will be much more grateful when they actual see this money. At the moment it's just an imaginary promise by a distant king.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
im wondering though, are the aid efforts (whether donated by Saudi or otherwise) actually reach gaza :rollseyes

piXie
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
im wondering though, are the aid efforts (whether donated by Saudi or otherwise) actually reach gaza :rollseyes
:wasalamex

http://www.europeanvoice.com/article...aza/63531.aspx

http://www.humanappeal.org.uk/Gaza_A...mber_2008.html

wth1257
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Saudi king announces $1 billion help to Gaza Strip

saudi kingThe Saudi king on Monday said his country will donate $1 billion to help rebuild the Gaza Strip after Israel's devastating three-week offensive in the Palestinian territory. "On behalf of the Saudi people, I declare the donation of one billion dollars for programmes to rebuild Gaza," the Saudi monarch said.

According to the AP, King Abdullah criticizes Israel for using excessive force and said "one drop of Palestinian blood" is more valuable than all the money in the world. The king spoke Monday in Kuwait City at a summit focused on boosting economic growth and development in the Arab world.

© 2009 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Comment:
Now they want to help and mighty generous aren't we?
Why not help defend??:raging:
good for them.

I suspect this is a token popularity bid but I hope not and they will really do some good. Hopefully they will spend in on aid and not proselytizing Salafi Islam/ building Salafi schools, Mosques etc. I guess what I'm getting at is that I hope they use it altruistically and not to advance a Saudi political agenda in the guise of aid.

alcurad
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
throw in money so they can do it all over again, if that much wealth and attention were used to solve the Palestinian issue this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

wth1275 you really have no inkling how the world runs, do you you know?
besides Gazans could easily be classified as salafi in the first place, why do you think Hamas won the election there..

wth1257
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
throw in money so they can do it all over again, if that much wealth and attention were used to solve the Palestinian issue this wouldn't have happened in the first place.
I'm sorry?

wth1275 you really have no inkling how the world runs, do you you know?
Um, again as above I don't know what you are getting at

besides Gazans could easily be classified as salafi in the first place, why do you think Hamas won the election there..

If individuals in Gaza with to follow Salafi Islam that is their buisness and not mine. As not all Gazans are and the Saudi's are not above inserting political ideology into their understanding of Islam I hope they use the money to help all Gazans including Fatah supporters, Palestinian Christians, and non Salafi Muslims.

alcurad
01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
naturally the Saudi's will use the money to increase their popularity and so on, I meant what did you think they'd do otherwise, I'm sorry if that offended,
and Fatah got all the aid that was given to 'the Palestinian cause', them being the Palestinian authority and all, Hamas got nothing, because they were terrorists and whatnot, it's the opposite of what you're suggesting and hoping doesn't happen..

naturally if you believe something is good, you'd spread it around, for eg. google democracy+Iraq.

Re.TiReD
01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Hmm...I wont say what I think....but...May Allah aid us to aid His slaves in Gaza, Ameen.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2009, 09:43 AM
^ameen
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
naturally the Saudi's will use the money to increase their popularity and so on, I meant what did you think they'd do otherwise, I'm sorry if that offended,
if they wanted to increase popularity, wouldn't they have sent the aid soon after the first strikes?
yh im not suprised :rollseyes

sudais1
01-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Donating money which already belongs to the Muslims but he constantly steals for his own wealth? don't see the greatness in that. He's just returning a fraction of the Muslim wealth. I'm a bit skeptical because all the Khaleej countries promised them $1 billion in 2000 however never paid. Saddam mocked them and paid $1 billion himself. SAW said that the blood of muslim is dearer to Allah than the destruction of the Kabba' stone by stone. I think that hadeeth reached the "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques" May Allah Guide him to haq or remove him ameen

alcurad
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM
they're not in power because they're stupid or don't know how to rule.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.