/* */

PDA

View Full Version : plz help

AnonymousPoster
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
i feel down and depressed! im in love with a guy who is very religiously commited. i dnt no what 2 do about it! i have prayed and prayed and made dua to Allah asking Him to get us together. but it feels as though its not gna happen! inshallah plz give me adice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
move on

AnonymousPoster
01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
its not dat simple

AnonymousPoster
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm perfectly aware of that, but when the time is right, 'it' will happen, if it was meant to be, it will be, if it weren't, sorry! But you can't get everything you want, unfortunately, imsad

May Allaah grant you a pious hubzy, Aameen. :statisfie

ANON2

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Elle-
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Firstly, I wouldn't suggest you make du'ah to Allah(Swt) to bring you too together. You should make du'ah to Allah(swt) to bring you two together if there is kheir(goodness) in it.

Secondly..There's a thousand ways to go about this IMO.

One would be,tell someone you trust (if it is a man, he has to be a mah'ram to you, like an uncle,brother,father...) how you feel about this person, and if it possible for this to go somewhere Halal. If you are too shy to express your feelings publicly, chances are you are too young to get married(unless you are by nature a shy person, but then again, in these situations, one must speak up, even indirectly, if they hope for anything to happen.)

if the man is religious as you say, he will not be weirded out by the news that some sis has noticed him and wants to get to know him/his family better, to see if there is a future with him.

I don't see anything wrong with the girl(or,more specifically,the girl's "side") to approach the guy. It doesn't always have the be the other way around I mean, if it is done in a halal manner.

So if the guy's looking to get married he'll probably respond and things can move on from there. If he thinks he's too young/doesn't want to right now because of studies or something, then in the future he'll maybe remember you...And like anony2 has said, if you're meant to be with him...
than nothing can stand in the way!

Zahida
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
:sl: If Allah has willed it for you two to be together then you will. Sis you can't force anything physically..........................:w::D

ardianto
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i feel down and depressed! im in love with a guy who is very religiously commited. i dnt no what 2 do about it! i have prayed and prayed and made dua to Allah asking Him to get us together. but it feels as though its not gna happen! inshallah plz give me adice
Sister, please forgive me if I make you angry. I'm so curious, what's happen ?
Five days ago you said your husband is not praying. Now you say you are in love with a guy (other man ?).
? ? ? ?

-Elle-
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
umm..I think you might be a bit confused^

"anonymousgender" is an account every user may access if they wish to post anonymously,it is not one specific person

username: anonymous
password: islamicboard

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2009, 06:45 PM
keep praying

dont lose hope

but at the same time always make dua' that Allah brings your heart peace and happiness with whatever he decides.

inshAllah

Assalamu Alaikum

anonymous
01-20-2009, 08:25 PM
:sl:Dear sister i have the same problem as you
and as you said it is not easy just to 'move on'
Everday i pray 2 rakaats nafl namaaz and pray to Allah that he do whats best for us and that he may keep me happy by giving me what i want.
Inshallah Allah will do what is best for you and me
:w:

Musaafirah
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Istikharah salaat. You'll be getting guidance from Allah.
Agree with what's been said above. Pray to be together if it's for good. If not, then move on.
Seriously, don't feel so cut up about it. You may at this moment in time feel you won't be able to live without him, but trust, life goes on, you don't wanna look back at this moment and feel 'Oh, what was I thinking!'
On second thoughts, you may wanna laugh about it.
How old are ye if ye don't mind me asking?

The Ruler
01-20-2009, 08:34 PM
but it feels as though its not gna happen!
Then trust your instinct and do what's good for you. If you want practicle advise on how to get over a guy, there are many threads on this forum regarding the matter.

Indulge yourself in something good, in something that distracts your mind from thoughts of that man (whether it is reading a book or shredding paper, do it). Your post gives me the impression that this love is rather one-sided. Which is good. For you to get over it, that is.

anonymous
01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
:sl:
would istikhaara be appropriate? :?
:w:

Musaafirah
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Dunno. I thought it was mainly appropriate in VERY important decisions and i always thought it was in a yes or no situation. Would you like me to look for some links for ya?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2009, 10:49 PM
this might be a silly question lol im jus dyin out of curiosity

the bro u wanna marry, does he hav a beard?

Ansariyah
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
this might be a silly question lol im jus dyin out of curiosity

the bro u wanna marry, does he hav a beard?
wats that got to do wit anything?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
wats that got to do wit anything?
it'll satiate my curiosity!

Ansariyah
01-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Can I ask a Question?

Is this another one of those cases where one person is dying to be wit someone but the other somehow doesn't?

Where is our self-respect people, Worth?, seriously. I see like so many threads about this, sorry if it isn't about this one too (well exactly). But it makes me feel sad, to see people in this situation. U deserve someone who feels the same, if they don't u shouldn't give two hoots about them.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2009, 10:55 PM
^ lol agreed

and agreed again

theres just too much in this dunya to care bout someone who dont care bout you !

Ansariyah
01-20-2009, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
it'll satiate my curiosity!
I see....

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
:sl:
i feel down and depressed! im in love with a guy who is very religiously commited. i dnt no what 2 do about it! i have prayed and prayed and made dua to Allah asking Him to get us together. inshallah plz give me adice
*smiles*
i think you ought to stop wishful thinking, and get practical lol :p i mean take steps...talk to someone, see if hes interested in you...dont just sit and hope that he'll come to you, when he has no idea how you feel :)

but it feels as though its not gna happen!
why's that? there have been a few things in my life that i thought would never happen, but i ignored them feelings and made plenty of dua and ta daaa they became a reality :D alhamdulillah lol

but nah sis, take the next step inshallah...speak to your family, etc...

sirajstc
01-21-2009, 08:49 AM
how is age matter??

Gia
01-21-2009, 09:21 AM
i feel down and depressed! im in love with a guy who is very religiously commited. i dnt no what 2 do about it! i have prayed and prayed and made dua to Allah asking Him to get us together. inshallah plz give me adice
You shouldn't be depressed sister, be sure that if this is the best thing for you then Allah will make it happen.

ardianto
01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
umm..I think you might be a bit confused^

"anonymousgender" is an account every user may access if they wish to post anonymously,it is not one specific person

username: anonymous
password: islamicboard
Ooh. I dont know that. I'm a new member.
Thank you very much.

AnonymousPoster
01-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Jazakallah for the replies!
inshallah i will take my time and just think about this, and focuse on others things for now inshallah ...and the brother who asked about the beard? why is dat? anyways im sorry for taking so long to reply....thank u all from the bottom of my heart

Hamza Asadullah
01-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Asalaam wr wb my sister in Islam these are the results that come out of relationships! When one enters a relationship then they are acknowledging the fact that a relationship is not a guarantee for marrige but of course it is a risk! You took the risk sister and now your so hurt just like SO many people have been and still are! This is why relationships before marrige are haraam sister but this does not deter many people! Everything in islam is the best for us and the best for every aspect of our lives!
Sister you have asked Allah now leave it to him there is no point wasting your time praying for the same thing because your ONLY meant to worship Allah and not pray to him just because you want to be with that guy! If Allah wills then it will happen and if not then it is best for you that your not with him! Allah knows best sister so leave it to him now and concentrate on investing for your akhirat! You can't also ask Allah for that which is haram you can ask that you want to marry him ONLY nothing else and if it does'nt happen sister than theres nothing that can be done life goes on and you will DEFINATLEY find someone better who was meant for you but please do it the right way! Maybe this is a way of you getting closer to Allah! Everything happens for the best sister! If you need any more advice or help then please don't hesitate to ask! Allah hafiz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!