/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gaza--The aftermath

Woodrow
01-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I just finished looking at the latest pictures from Gaza. My head is swirling with questions and thoughts.

What is the justification?

Does not the Israeli government know that Gaza has no militia?

The majority of people in Gaza had no weapons.

Virtually all of the dead are civilians.

WHAT IS THE JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS?

captphoto 1232467336347 7 0?x400&ampy266&ampq85&ampsigq rbDApTpf7V7FWwv4hw   -

2009 01 19t065606 450x298 us palestinians israel?x400&ampy265&ampq85&ampsigOAsND4Xoz49f5S6gIOWDFw   -

2009 01 20t101829 450x312 us palestinians israel?x400&ampy277&ampq85&ampsigdfJYljCZ4UffRALBB6FeNA   -

Source of pictures:http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Israel...tinians_israel

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Can I add more pictures?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7839665.stm
Seriously, I'm too upset for words.

Güven
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
WHAT IS THE JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS?

There is NO justification imsad

Woodrow
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Can I add more pictures?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7839665.stm
Seriously, I'm too upset for words.
Please add all the pictures you desire. Just keep them current. Jan. 19. and newer. Let people see what the UN is finding as they inspect Gaza.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
01-20-2009, 10:11 PM
This story made me cry.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7838465.stm
I'm not sure whether to create a new thread or not, but I tried to make a thread with pictures that the Israelis don't want us to see. For some reason the thread didn't appear.
Was it because I put too many pictures? I did write in the title that the images were graphic.

Yanal
01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
For Israel that is a new stoop. Sad , thinking today is the 21st century:(

sister herb
01-21-2009, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
There is NO justification imsad
:sl:

I was thinking just same. NO justification as well as here is no justification why people are quiet about this kind of crimes.

imsad

Personally I losted 3 my friends in Gaza massacre, some losted they homes, some other have now big economical problems. I will try to help them all as I can. May Allah help them.

crayon
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
They were after Hamas.
It's an overpopulated area.
Hamas uses kids as human shields.
People have too many babies.
Etc.
Etc.
:rollseyes

Whatsthepoint
01-21-2009, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
They were after Hamas.
It's an overpopulated area.
Hamas uses kids as human shields.
People have too many babies.
Etc.
Etc.
:rollseyes
The south is significantly less populated, yet they fired rockets from the city centers.

crayon
01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
"Significantly less populated" does not mean it's empty. Compared to Gaza's population distribution, there could still be thousands of people squeezed into a tiny little area.

Whatsthepoint
01-21-2009, 01:40 PM
"Significantly less populated" does not mean it's empty. Compared to Gaza's population distribution, there could still be thousands of people squeezed into a tiny little area.
Why are they firing rockets then?
Even if its not empty it's better than firing them from the middle of a huge city.

crayon
01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
It's the same thing, there are loads of people in the North, and loads of people in the South.

As to why they're firing the rockets?
We've been through it a million times already, and you know where I stand on this issue. Shall we go for a million and one?

Whatsthepoint
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
It's the same thing, there are loads of people in the North, and loads of people in the South.

As to why they're firing the rockets?
We've been through it a million times already, and you know where I stand on this issue. Shall we go for a million and one?

Woodrow
01-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Interesting map. I notice it is dated 2002, a time when Gaza still had Jewish settlers. Also notice the water plants are labeled Israeli. Except for the desalination plants. I believe the water from the desalination plants is not potable water, but is used for irrigation purposes.

Does the map show an accurate picture for more recent years, say 2005-2007

Haleema Iqbal
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
only mails , pics circulating all over the net ..nothing on ground of practical establishment..........we muslims have become feeble species.in hub of muslim countries this havoc is going on... its shame....

[B]A Shriek from Palestine[/B]

In the hub of my friends, my brothers; my babies' sinews have been crunched and worn-out. No one stands to save my sons from peril of tyrants .But above all these facts and figures, my heart bleeds and mourns and I believe very soon a day will come and this generation will be devastated under the curse of injustice. I am silent because my silence is itself screaming…

My Lord, world is here at Your presence again asking Justice from Your Door. As followers of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) has forgotten us. Dignities of my daughters are trampling under feet of others. My breaths have been choked and I am crying on my own death beds.

But I believe a day will come when off-springs of those who are silent spectators will be ruined. And their cities will be plundered, their sons will be slaughtered and their home walls will be smashed down like us. My clothes are soaked in blood and moan but I am washing it with my tears.

I am residing in core of my kin, bleeding among them; I am yelling, crying and moaning among them but in their deep slumber watching sweet dreams and mothers waving fans on their children so no fly can perturb them. When we have not slept from last many days. when my sons are dying in midst of dust, garbage, blood and flies. Amongst my people I am burning like inferno of hell.

But I believe a day will come, very soon, a day will come.

Re.TiReD
01-21-2009, 04:28 PM
My clothes are soaked in blood and moan but I am washing it with my tears.
:cry: May Allah (swt) aid us to aid them. Ameen

Whatsthepoint
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Interesting map. I notice it is dated 2002, a time when Gaza still had Jewish settlers. Also notice the water plants are labeled Israeli. Except for the desalination plants. I believe the water from the desalination plants is not potable water, but is used for irrigation purposes.

Does the map show an accurate picture for more recent years, say 2005-2007
That's the only one I found, I'm gonna try to look for a more recent one.

Musaafirah
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Here's a map for August 2007.

Source
And a more recent one:
CE 2008 OPT VMU 010709 lowres?OpenElement&ampccpse -
Source

crayon
01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
More of the aftermath.

Gia
01-22-2009, 11:15 AM
It's so sad, Gaza is not Gaza anymore, all you can see are the ruins of what used to be a beautiful place. During what happened we couldn't go out and we had no electricity and only could listen to the horrifying news over the local radio stations but couldn't see how things were. Now after the withdrawal everybody is so depressed, no one imagined it was going to be this bad :unhappy:

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:13 PM
is here anybody , an student of Jamiat al Azhar??

Gia
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haleema Iqbal
is here anybody , an student of Jamiat al Azhar??
Do you Study there?

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
no sister, :) i want to ask some questions from him/her....

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
r u palestinian

Gia
01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
no sister, :) i want to ask some questions from him/her....
You mean you've got a question about the university?

r u palestinian
Yes I am Palestinian and I'm from Gaza.

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:43 PM
my sister, i m from pakistan .....and we are totally enrage and want to protect you ppl

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:43 PM
how things are now??

Gia
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
how things are now??
Things are getting a bit better, well somehow better when compared to how they were. I've got to go now brother.
salams

Haleema Iqbal
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
wasalam Gia...
i want to ask from student something about Gaza .....Sounds Amazing, i know.....and i hv to ask that in hub of muslim countries how you listen cries and moan from your Neighborhood??
its shame for all muslims tht we r sleeping....
isnt it...!!

Whatsthepoint
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gia
Yes I am Palestinian and I'm from Gaza.
You're in Gaza now?

Gia
01-25-2009, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
You're in Gaza now?
Yes I am in Gaza now

Haleema Iqbal
01-25-2009, 07:18 AM
good......aid is coming for the victims as it has been asking from our country

Gia
01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
good......aid is coming for the victims as it has been asking from our country
The victims have lost a lot more than any aid can offer, sister. All of my respect to your country and your people, May Allah bless you all.

nocturnal
01-25-2009, 08:18 AM
There was no concieveable justification whatsoever for such a vicious, malevolent onslaught of innocent people by a group of callous individuals all trying to enhance their election chances by trying to project the image of a militarily strong, adept and confident leader.

Never was this about trying to isolate Hamas, it was never about attempting to curb rocket fire into southern israel, all it was about was an impending israeli election, and a clear message to the world, an in particular the Muslim world, that not only will israel continue to undertake massacres like this arbitrarily at will, but it will also do so, with the blessing of an incoming new US administration which is an avowed supporter of this genocidal regime.

nocturnal
01-25-2009, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gia
The victims have lost a lot more than any aid can offer, sister. All of my respect to your country and your people, May Allah bless you all.
Salaam walaikum Sister,
wallahi i really hope yourself, your family and everyone else in Gaza who survived this is keeping strong. Don't be despondent sister, Inshallah victory will come. The world has seen the true intentions of the zionists manifest itself, and it will never be sucessful. I really, really, wish i could help in any way.

Is there anything at all we could do? all our Dua's are with you, and our beloved brothers and sisters there.

Haleema Iqbal
01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Salaam walaikum Sister,
wallahi i really hope yourself, your family and everyone else in Gaza who survived this is keeping strong. Don't be despondent sister, Inshallah victory will come. The world has seen the true intentions of the zionists manifest itself, and it will never be sucessful. I really, really, wish i could help in any way.

Is there anything at all we could do? all our Dua's are with you, and our beloved brothers and sisters there.

this last reply manifesting our love and brotherhood of ummah...yes Gia ,we all are with you...please keep in touch with us... Is there anything at all we could do? i m asking the same question.and our prayers r for all gaza ppl.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.