/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's sad how everything is temporary...

Tanya Khan
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry for the long essay... :-[

We are living this life, we have our families, relationships, friends. It's hard to imagine that it's all temporary. I remember when I was a kid, enjoying life to the fullest, going to the fairground with mum and dad, brothers and sisters, playing games with cousins, family friends etc. Now they have moved away, passed away or we aren't as close as we used to be. The best things in life don't last. I have felt depressed a lot of times. Praying has helped Alhumdulliah. It's just sad how this world is all very temporary. I'm trying to learn not to get too attached. In the end we are on our own.

We don't know where we will be headed for an absolute fact. Heaven or Hell or whatever the case maybe. I have read descriptions of heaven but I don't know how much to believe in it all. Rivers of honey and all this, people being re united again....etc.

How do Kufr live their lives whilst believing this is their only life and they will come to nothing in the end? Some of them don't believe in heaven and hell so I'm wondering how they live their daily lives believeing that this is it, this lofe the only thing and they will be just be dust after death.

Can you imagine that? To forget everything about this world and to just disappear into something else. Never seeing your loved ones again etc. I can't imagine such a thing but know that it will happen. One day we will see what this universe and our creation was for and its just scary.

I'm getting older now and lamenting over all this. Life and reality has become much harsher for me and I can't help but miss my childhood days and the simple times that I know will never come back to me.

I have to look to build a great future but get stuck on past memories and I know that is wrong. Even memories will fade away for good one day.

What are some of your beliefs in all this? Do you go as far as believing all the descriptions of heaven etc? Do you believe that one day you do reunite with your loved ones but what about those best friends? Relationships? All those experiences. If you really think about it, its really sad. Everything is just made to pass away. Its not good to dwell on things, but that is my biggest vice.

Do you see what I mean, so many things are forgotten and fade away. Only Allah is true, Superior being that created all the universe.

My biggest problem is that I put too much importance into the relationships, I have with people, my friends and also family and wanting it to remain that way. The way things were at one time.

When you do that, its harder to just see life as temporary and yourself as a traveler when you invest so much of yourself emotionally to people, things, memories, homelands. Things like that.

You have to get a strong mindset to get ready for the end of life. It will happen either way.

What do you believe about the importance of family in the afterlife? How important is love and relationships?

Do you think its mostly just about individuals themselves being on their own? Will we be the same? Or will we forget everything?

Do you think that love counts, that we see eachother in the afterlife? I mean only Allah knows but I would like to read your opinions.

I mean we all can't help who we fall in love with sometimes. We can't dwell on things like that so much. Worrying more about the afterlife and not dwelling so much on this life.

As most of you know by now, I liked this guy and now he is with someone else. I never told anyone but kept it to myself. He was always showing me he cared but always from far away. Do you see, I invested my emotions into him and it was all for nothing. It doesn't even count for anything. However I can't always help the way I feel. That is the hardest part, knowing it was all for nothing, just a waste.

I hope that my emotions and feelings die down and I move on to more important things.

What are your thoughts on the everything being temporary?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
It's sad how everything is temporary...
No its not, its fab! We're living to die.

As dunya sijnul mu'min wa jannatul kaafir. The dunya is the sijn (prison) of the believer and Jannah for the Kaafir.

Tanya Khan
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
No its not, its fab! We're living to die.

As dunya sijnul mu'min wa jannatul kaafir. The dunya is the sijn (prison) of the believer and Jannah for the Kaafir.
Haven't you ever in your entire life felt even a slight attachment to this world? Be it emotional, physical or just general natural attachment? :?

Re.TiReD
01-21-2009, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
Haven't you ever in your entire life felt even a slight attachment to this world? Be it emotional, physical or just general natural attachment? :?
Oh of course I have, but I learnt early on in life that nothings lasts :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tanya Khan
01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Oh of course I have, but I learnt early on in life that nothings lasts :)
That's the best thing to do so ou don't get attached. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.