PDA

View Full Version : Surat al ikhlas reciting contest

ninetrey
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
esselamu aleikum we rahmetulah

did you already know that when you recite surat al ikhlas 3 times its like
you recited to whole quran?? and did you also know that you earn more then 3
million hasanat for that? so when you recite surat al ikhlas 100 times a day
you earn over 100 million hasant in a day!!! and when you recite surah al ikhlas
in the month ramadan 100 times a day you get 7 billion hasanat in one day!!!

so why i made this thread i always try to recite surat al ikhlas as often as possible in one minute my record is 15 times in one minute including
bismilahir rahmanir raheem before every new surat!
so how often can you do it in one minute? try it out and tell me then inschallah.

Subhan Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
01-23-2009, 10:11 PM
It is true that whenever you do something, you should do it keeping in mind an expectation of reward from Allah (SWT). But brother, can you provide sources for the hadith(s) you mentioned?

Civilsed
01-24-2009, 08:50 PM
:sl:

Surat Alikhlas

Say Allah is (the) one
Allah the eternal the absolute (The Self sufficient, The master, who all creatures need (he neither eats or drinks)
He Begets not, nor was He begotten
And there is none co-equal or comparable unto him”

Hadith 1 – on the authority of Abu Saeed Al Kudri (RA) a man heard another man reciting surah Ikhlas. And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning he went to the Prophet (saw) and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that surah by itself was not enough. Allah’s messenger (SAW) said “By him in whose hand my soul is, it is equal to one third of the Quran”. (Sahih al Bukhari).

Hadith 2 – on the authority of Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her): the Prophet (saw) sent an army unit under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the prayers and would finish his recitation with Surah Ikhlas. When they returned from the battle, they (the companions) mentioned that to the Prophet (saw), and the Prophet (saw) asked them to question the man why he does so. The companions asked the man and he replied “I do so because it mentions the qualities of the most gracious and I love to recite it in my prayer”. The Prophet (saw) said: “tell him that Allah loves him” (Sahih al Bukhari).

Hadith 3 – on the authority of Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her): whenever the Prophet (saw) went to bed, he used to recite surah Al Ikhlas, along with Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Nas, and then blow on his palms and pass them over his face and those body parts that his hands could reach. And when he used to fall ill, he used to order me to do like that for him. (Sahih al Bukhari).
Hadith 4 - on the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with) The Prophet (saw) said “on the day of resurrection Allah with grasp the entire earth by His Hand and shall roll up the heaven with His right Hand and say “I am the king, where are the kings of the Earth?” (Sahih Al Bukhari)

This hadith refers to the ayah in Surah Ikhlas which is: “The king of mankind”.

ninetrey
01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

Surat Alikhlas

Say Allah is (the) one
Allah the eternal the absolute (The Self sufficient, The master, who all creatures need (he neither eats or drinks)
He Begets not, nor was He begotten
And there is none co-equal or comparable unto him”

Hadith 1 – on the authority of Abu Saeed Al Kudri (RA) a man heard another man reciting surah Ikhlas. And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning he went to the Prophet (saw) and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that surah by itself was not enough. Allah’s messenger (SAW) said “By him in whose hand my soul is, it is equal to one third of the Quran”. (Sahih al Bukhari).

Hadith 2 – on the authority of Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her): the Prophet (saw) sent an army unit under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the prayers and would finish his recitation with Surah Ikhlas. When they returned from the battle, they (the companions) mentioned that to the Prophet (saw), and the Prophet (saw) asked them to question the man why he does so. The companions asked the man and he replied “I do so because it mentions the qualities of the most gracious and I love to recite it in my prayer”. The Prophet (saw) said: “tell him that Allah loves him” (Sahih al Bukhari).

Hadith 3 – on the authority of Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her): whenever the Prophet (saw) went to bed, he used to recite surah Al Ikhlas, along with Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Nas, and then blow on his palms and pass them over his face and those body parts that his hands could reach. And when he used to fall ill, he used to order me to do like that for him. (Sahih al Bukhari).
Hadith 4 - on the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with) The Prophet (saw) said “on the day of resurrection Allah with grasp the entire earth by His Hand and shall roll up the heaven with His right Hand and say “I am the king, where are the kings of the Earth?” (Sahih Al Bukhari)

This hadith refers to the ayah in Surah Ikhlas which is: “The king of mankind”.
esselamu aleikum wa rahmetulah wa barakatu

jazzak allahu khairan for your effort to find and post these hadiths!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Civilsed
01-25-2009, 10:34 AM

When the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) said the Surat Alikhlas is a third of the Quran its about the content, not like some think read it 3 times and its as if you have read the entire Quran.

Reading surat alikhlas you will get the reward of 10 hasanat per letter.

The Prophet (PBUH) said “whoever read a letter in the Quran allah give them a Hasana and every hasana multiplied in to ten. So not ALM a letter but (Alif) is a letter (Lam) is a letter and (Meem) is a letter.

To get the reward of reading the entire Quran you will need to read the Entire Quran and not Surat AlIklas 3 times.

Mujahidah4Allah
02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Innama Al 'Amaalu Binniyaath... so i wont say who was in the right or wrong... maybe the brother just wanted to encourage people to read surah ikhlaas more ? Wallahu Ta'ala Alam :)

wa/salam

$tranger
02-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I think this thread should be closed :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.