PDA

View Full Version : Being Vegeterian

Baji-Ji
01-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Is it gunnah to be vegeterian?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
:sl: Allah has given us guidelines as to what is halaal for us and what is haraam fo us............. It is up to the individual whether they want to eat meat or not but Allah has placed these things there for our use. It would be wrong not to take the things Allah has so graciously Blessed us with...........

Hope that helps..........:w::)

AnonymousPoster
01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baji-Ji
Is it gunnah to be vegeterian?
'O you who believe! Make not unlawful the tayyibaat (all that is good as regards foods, things, deeds, beliefs, persons, etc.) which Allaah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) has made lawful to you, and transgress not. Verily, Allaah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) does not like the transgressors' (al-Maa’idah 5:87)

Strzelecki
01-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Being a vegetarian isn't making meat haram though, nor is it claiming that it's haram. It's personal preference.
Being vegetarian is fine Islamically, Baji. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Being a vegetarian isn't making meat haram though, nor is it claiming that it's haram. It's personal preference.
Being vegetarian is fine Islamically, Baji. :)
I think the intention also plays a part in it, though.

If you do not eat meat because you think it is cruel and inhumane to kill animals for food, then it is haram, because you're basically saying that what Allah has allowed us to do is evil and cruel, and that the prophet peace be upon him was also cruel for eating meat.

If you don't eat meat simply because you don't like the taste, or can't for health reasons, etc., then it's fine inshallah.

Snowflake
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I agree with sis Crayon, mashaAllah. Also if you are avoiding meat due to doubt of it's being halal then it is no sin inshaAllah. In this case it is better to avoid.

Abu AbdulRahman
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
the prophet was given such an animal to eat ( Al Dhab ), but he didn't eat it.. they asked him: is it haram? he said: no, but I don't like it.

every thing is like this, if you like the food, it is OK, and if you dislike it is OK.. but the important thing that don't say it is halal or haram because you think it is it.

the rule is: every things are halal, except what Allah or his prophet had said that it is haram.

syilla
01-23-2009, 01:07 AM
just don't make vegetarian as a religion. inshaallah... u can choose what u want to it n whats not.

Baji-Ji
01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks everybody, it's not my intention to make it haraaam, when i was about twelve I went to Pakistan I'd been many times before but I just wanted to be vegeterian (my mum and dad think its because I seen Qurbaniya) but it wasn't eid ul adha at the time! I don't know why I just decided to be, now I can't stomach the thought of eating meat!

Dawud_uk
01-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Quorn is good, Quorn is tasty!

ninetrey
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I think the intention also plays a part in it, though.

If you do not eat meat because you think it is cruel and inhumane to kill animals for food, then it is haram, because you're basically saying that what Allah has allowed us to do is evil and cruel, and that the prophet peace be upon him was also cruel for eating meat.

If you don't eat meat simply because you don't like the taste, or can't for health reasons, etc., then it's fine inshallah.
that is the perfect and right answer brother jazzak allah khairan for that!

AnonymousPoster
01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Bumping this thread for XafifaX, Yu stupid vegetarian ;)

:rollseyes

Zamtsa
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
If someone eat Vegetable there are this things which will happen:

1. Their sexual appetite will decrease

2. Meat has 10 Amino essentials while the vegetables don't have that.

3. The Herbivores will grow rapidly while the food aren't enough, because human being will lost the grass which produce Oxigen, meaning that it will reduce the amount of Oxygen in the air.

4. If you meat the Herbivores, you'll always remember the facts that Allahu Ta'ala made thee the master of the animals.

5. If you do not eat the animals, does not mean that the animals will not die in agony, because to die naturally any living thing will be going through sickness, old age, weakness and offcourse pain. So slaying animals could be taken as mercy instead.

6. Syaikh Z.Abdul Karim Naik said in his video about Vegetarian that the scientists had made a device which could catch the cries of Vegetables. That the Vegetables actually crying when they were plucked from the earth.
So it's all the same with slaying of animals.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!