/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some basic Q's

anonymous
01-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok I have a few Q's I need to be answered der nt very smart either so 4give me plz

First I'm guessing every muslim eats bread, a Kafir told me the otha day that bread contains alcohol and lyk he was showing me his science book. And lyk how comes muslim eat bread then? Is it haram????? I didn't kno wat 2 say an he woz lyk oh u do have alcohol cos u eat bread? hows cumz we don't drink alcohol?

also wot do these wordz mean :

Wallahi (y does everyone even none muslims use dis?)
Mabrook
BarakAllahu feekum/feeki etc

The word islamist ist mean to practise and islam 2 submit so why do people when describing people who they deem extreme even muslims use this term?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
01-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Wallahi - I swear in the name of Allah
Mabrook - Congratulations
Barakallahu feekum - You're welcome? Or May Allah sustain you?

AnonymousPoster
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Ok I have a few Q's I need to be answered der nt very smart either so 4give me plz

First I'm guessing every muslim eats bread, a Kafir told me the otha day that bread contains alcohol and lyk he was showing me his science book. And lyk how comes muslim eat bread then? Is it haram????? I didn't kno wat 2 say an he woz lyk oh u do have alcohol cos u eat bread? hows cumz we don't drink alcohol?

also wot do these wordz mean :

Wallahi (y does everyone even none muslims use dis?)
Mabrook
BarakAllahu feekum/feeki etc

The word islamist ist mean to practise and islam 2 submit so why do people when describing people who they deem extreme even muslims use this term?
BarakAllaah fikum, may Allaah bless you all*

As for the other two, I'm unaware of the meanings,

When making bread, we DON'T use alcohol, are you confusing the ingredients with Yeast? I can't exactly remember, I don't make my bread but certain ingredients used to make bread can make alcohol, but during the baking process this disappears through sutin called evaporation :p.And the alcohol from bread is the waste product that I fink helps it rise, I duno, I just remember in skool putting ma dough under a bowl and it became fat LOL

I think

ardianto
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Bread or cake ?

I never heard a bread contains alcohol.
A cake maybe contains rum, and rum is alcohol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Bread contains a little alcohol as a result of natural fermentation...?

aamirsaab
01-22-2009, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Yeah, the alcohol is a by-product due to the fermentation process. But the percentage is too little to intoxicate anyone. The actual amount varies depending on the type of bread (and other things) but it's usually in the region of 0.4 to 1% - so unless you eat 100 loaves of bread a day, you aren't going to get intoxicated.

edil
01-28-2009, 01:27 AM
maybe the person who told you that might be confused with something else because we know and read everything we put in our bread

Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Yeah, the alcohol is a by-product due to the fermentation process. But the percentage is too little to intoxicate anyone. The actual amount varies depending on the type of bread (and other things) but it's usually in the region of 0.4 to 1% - so unless you eat 100 loaves of bread a day, you aren't going to get intoxicated.
Ah, JazakAllah khayr.

allahuakbar90
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Doesnt it say That which intoxicates in small doses is prohibited. So doesnt that mean that alcohol is not haram if it is a tiny amout in food etc that cannot cuase intoxication?

aamirsaab
01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by allahuakbar90
Doesnt it say That which intoxicates in small doses is prohibited. So doesnt that mean that alcohol is not haram if it is a tiny amout in food etc that cannot cuase intoxication?
The key point in what you say is ''intoxicates in small doeses''. However, bread doesn't intoxicate in small doses. For one to have any form of intoxication by the alcohol in bread, one would have to eat several loaves of it.

innocent
01-28-2009, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
The key point in what you say is ''intoxicates in small doeses''. However, bread doesn't intoxicate in small doses. For one to have any form of intoxication by the alcohol in bread, one would have to eat several loaves of it.
I think its actually like this- Something that intoxicates in large amounts is prohibited even in small amounts?

Zamtsa
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
I think its actually like this- Something that intoxicates in large amounts is prohibited even in small amounts?
That's right. The Hadits is in Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah 3.

Wallahi means by Allah, same with tallahi, or billahi.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Woodrow
02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Ethanol alcohol boils and evaporates at 78.4 °C, 352 K, 173 °F, bread is baked at over 2 times that temperature. Any alcohol produced by the yeast will be gone.

Caller الداعي
02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
im sorry guys !!
wait a minute a non muslim( we dont know where he got his info from) has said that bread contains alcohol and thats it we accept!
thats y we muslims r not progressing!!!
y dont we do some research and find out about this instead of confusing ppl more saying well it contains a bit of alcohol and thats ok??? !!! ( no offence to anyone)
Allah says: ask the people of knowledge if you dont know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.