/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mortgage

noorseeker
01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Assalamalikum

I have a house and and currenty trying to sell it, but i m going to just transfer the other person name to the deeds of the house,

Im trying to get out of paying riba,

My dilemma is should i be pasing on my sin to a fellow muslim.sholud i not be enjoyning the good and forbidding the evil.

Or does it not matter as im actually passing on a house, its up to them how they pay for it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
bump

noorseeker
01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
ok i shall rephrase , should you pass on your haram onto someone else, to save your skin.

I been on this forum a bit now, and no one ever wants to talk about riba

Daffodil
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
If you were selling your house to some one who you knew would be getting a mortgage and you had the choice whether to sell it to them or not then Im assuming it would be wrong due to the severity of the harms obtained by ribba in this life and the next as Allah swt declares war in tothe Quran only twice and one of those times is when people deal in ribba, so its not a major issue but you already know that hence you want to sell your house due to this.

You really ought to ask a trusted Imam or scholar who can advise you, not a so called alim or imam who says ribba is ok just because he has a house bought from ribba himself.

I dont think any one here is qualified enough to give you an answer unless they have been in the same situation as you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
JazakAllah khayran

maryam87
01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
its really sad that these dayz the only option is riba to buy a home. We have an islamic bank here but we have been hearing from scholars that its worse then normal bank.

I guess to answer ur question u should maybe tell the brother why u want to sell it, ie interest is haram and if they dont have a problem with it neither should you (as in selling the house to him).

I once had a credit card and asked a honest sheikh bout it and he said its still haram even if i paid the amount during the interest free periods. It seems we cant escape from this life of riba. May Allah (swt) forgive us all. Personally i know alot of people putting their money in the bank and getting interest out of em. They made their own fatwa that it halal cause they use the money for gifts not on themselves funny ah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.