/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Study circles

Khalisah
01-21-2009, 10:15 PM
:sl:
I was just wondering, that if some-one were to start a study-circle, if that is the right term that can be used for this, but if it was just once a week, or even once a fortnight, to study a book/books together, where should a person start? What sort of book should be studied? Any ideas any-one please?
JazakAllah khayr in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
01-21-2009, 10:35 PM

Well firstly you'll need a teacher, or someone who's studied the topic before so that they can teach you everything correctly.

You could start with tafseer of the Qur'an along with word-by-word translation, I think that's an excellent starting point.

And if you can't find a teacher, there's a lot of free audio on this topic available on the net going through diff tafseers and explaining the Qur'an.
You could get together with a group of sisters who're interested and rotate - one of you take the lesson each week studying the audio in detail and then teach the others. This way you'll all be kept active and all learn something from it inshaallaah.

But it is quite important if doing this without the aid of a teacher that you get a good explanation of the tafseer that you do so you don't get confused and misunderstand what's being said.

If you don't mind me asking where abouts do you live?

All the best sister

Khalisah
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you, I really like the idea of reading tafseer together, I will make that suggestion! And yes rotating with the group taking it in turns to do the reading or research of information will make sure every-one remains active, and motivated inshaAllah.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Where are you from Khalisah?What languages can you speak or read?
I can suggest you a tafseer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalisah
01-21-2009, 11:16 PM
I speak English only, however there would be arabic speakers present who would be able to read anything if was in arabic text. Is that useful?
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.