/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats your profession?

_PakistaN_
01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Aside from being religious.

Tell us what job you are doing.

If you don't mind, also list how much you're making a year.

--------

I am a student. I am going to school and also working. I hope to become an electrician in the furute.

I am currently working at a gas station.

-------

your turn.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver
01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't work. i'm a 2nd year medical student.

nadia85
01-22-2009, 10:02 AM
well I work as a senior carer for the past like 3 yrs

Woodrow
01-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I retired from several professions.

I'm primarily a retired Psychologist and a retired Military officer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
01-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Well me working in Shipping Industry. The company i work for is basically service provider for Importers/ Exporters.

If you don't mind, also list how much you're making a year.
My mom says its rude to ask men about their Salaries and women about... (you know the rest)
:D

nadia85
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
why do u want 2 now???

Re.TiReD
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Am a stoodent and live on peanuts

Dawud_uk
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
i'm a da'ee, student of the deen (and also an umemployed office administrator)

BintAbee
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
^Im a third year medical student.

Silver
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM
^Im a third year medical student.
Nice :)

nebula
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Im a son, friend, brother, student and many more. :-[

I earn 0!

AhlaamBella
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm a student at college, hope to progress onto Uni to do an english degree and become an English teacher InshAllah

Work part time at Waterstones :)

Yanal
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I am 13 years old. If you know that that's a small age then figure out the rest.

MO783
01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
:sl:

I am a IT Service desk Engineer

Banu_Hashim
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Student. Atm, I earn Zilch.

glo
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm an occupational therapist in the NHS.
I work with adults who have learning disabilities.

Güven
01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
:salamext:

Im a student Business and management studies, that means Ching Ching $$$$$

lol it sucks just two weeks left till I finish it and graduate INSHA"ALLAH
after that im going to get into IT inshaAllah

Faseeha
01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I retired from several professions.

I'm primarily a retired Psychologist and a retired Military officer

That's quite interesting, I'm a psychology student beginning my third year.

If you don't mind me asking, which field did you practice in?

wildkat
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm a student Nurse

Musaafirah
01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Student. Final year of degree. Earning nada.

KashifB
01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm a web designer/developer. Doing it for the past five years.

maron
01-22-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't work but I will be a student soon.
I will take master in financial.

_PakistaN_
01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
I'm a web designer/developer. Doing it for the past five years.
Thats somthing I wanted to become two years ago. But I heard almost everybody can do it now. The pay isn't that great either I heard.

north_malaysian
01-23-2009, 09:14 AM
i am a lawyer...

Danah
01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I am an (IS) student

Orn
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm a Student and a former Part-Time System builder,been a house tutor since 2005 and currently a Assistent Teacher(O'Level) and Part time Lab Assistent(AS) for our current teachers,earning as a student is a hard thing in dhaka oh I forgot to mention a friend of mine is also an assistent teacher/lab assistent with me (our teachers)

simplicity786
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
WoW we have some interesting professions on here..

I work as a Finance Officer in the Health service Monday to Friday, my aim is to become a qualified accountant but deep down i don't really want to do that, don't know what I want to be in the long run... I also work at a supermarket on a Sunday. on top of that i have a seasonal profession as a Henna Artist..

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
assalaamalaikoum
I am an ELT teacher.It is my second year in this career.I am teaching students between 10-14 yeras old.

Woodrow
01-25-2009, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim

That's quite interesting, I'm a psychology student beginning my third year.

If you don't mind me asking, which field did you practice in?
:w:

I was in Physiological Psychology. I was more interested in neuro-anatomy. Much of my work was in research. However, on the few times I actually worked for money, I worked for the State as a Social Worker. Seems that if you get State employment and they see the label psychologist they assume Clinical psych and put you to work social work. I also did a little teaching at a university.

Faseeha
01-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to specialize in Clinical Psych, Insha'Allah.

_PakistaN_
01-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Alot of students on this site eh. lol.

muslimah 4 life
01-26-2009, 09:27 AM

I work as a support worker for people with severe learning disabilities.

halloula
01-26-2009, 09:51 AM
i am a network adminstrator and i'm doing my master in networking

ardianto
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Courier agent.
Do you want to shipping a document or some goods to someone in other place ?
Welcome to my office !

My another business is selling prepaid starter pack (Number) for cellphone.
I sell ordinary and special numbers.
InshaAllah, I will make a 'shop' in Web for sell my special numbers.:)

Vito
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by halloula
i am a network adminstrator and i'm doing my master in networking
Working on your masters? Nice. I'm working on my a.s. at the moment. How long have you been doing that for?

BoredAgnostic
01-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Right now I am just a student majoring in Biology/Premed.

BoredAgnostic
01-27-2009, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Hi, how is medical school overall? How is the workload? Also, I'm currently going to a community college at the moment, my GPA right now is a 3.7 and I know I can raise it up to about a 3.9 or so if I get a 4.0 for this semester and summer courses. I'm planning on applying to a few 'public ivy league' Universities for the Fall semester. If I maintain a 3.5 or higher at one of those Universities, how are my chances of getting into Medical school (i.e., John Hopkins, Cornell), in your opinion?--anyone can answer actually. I know that being at a community college has definitely lowered my chances of getting accepted into a prestigious Medical school. (I imagine it might be better to talk this over with a counselor but I thought I'd asked anyways) Thank you.

halloula
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
salam brother kai85

i'm in my second year of my master and last year hopefully. and i've been working as a network admin for about 1 year now

Woodrow
01-27-2009, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BoredAgnostic
Hi, how is medical school overall? How is the workload? Also, I'm currently going to a community college at the moment, my GPA right now is a 3.7 and I know I can raise it up to about a 3.9 or so if I get a 4.0 for this semester and summer courses. I'm planning on applying to a few 'public ivy league' Universities for the Fall semester. If I maintain a 3.5 or higher at one of those Universities, how are my chances of getting into Medical school (i.e., John Hopkins, Cornell), in your opinion?--anyone can answer actually. I know that being at a community college has definitely lowered my chances of getting accepted into a prestigious Medical school. (I imagine it might be better to talk this over with a counselor but I thought I'd asked anyways) Thank you.
Have you considered Centenary College in Louisiana for pre-med? Centenary has about the highest acceptance rate for the major med schools. When I did my undergrad work at least 85% of the pre-med students were accepted by the med school of their choice. It is an expensive school, but substantial financial aid is available to academically gifted students.

Don't be put off by it's affiliation with the Methodist Church, they do not shove their religious beliefs down your throat. When I was a student we had many non-Christian students.

http://www.centenary.edu/

BoredAgnostic
01-28-2009, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Have you considered Centenary College in Louisiana for pre-med? Centenary has about the highest acceptance rate for the major med schools. When I did my undergrad work at least 85% of the pre-med students were accepted by the med school of their choice. It is an expensive school, but substantial financial aid is available to academically gifted students.

Don't be put off by it's affiliation with the Methodist Church, they do not shove their religious beliefs down your throat. When I was a student we had many non-Christian students.

http://www.centenary.edu/
Thank you, no--I haven't heard of this school. I will definitely check it out. Not so sure my parents would want me so far from home, but I might think about applying there anyways lol. I was initially looking for instate Universities in Virginia (William and Mary/UVa/James Madison) and possibly University of Maryland. I don't mind at all if a University is affiliated with a particular religion..as long as it isn't as conservative as Liberty University for instance.

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Asalaam wr wb well ive got a foundation degree in engineering and am a sales professional and have 2 exams left till i finish my degree in Bsc (Hons) Human Resource Management and inshallah want to get into HR! Pray for me i do well in my exams inshallah!

roohani.doctor
01-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Currently in the 3rd year university studying Environmental Science and Biochemistry. Gonna be graduating next year (Insha'allah). Also gonna be applying to medical schools this year (and Insha'allah get in the school I want). Pray for me, please. :)

Vito
01-28-2009, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by halloula
salam brother kai85

i'm in my second year of my master and last year hopefully. and i've been working as a network admin for about 1 year now
Oh wow best of luck to ya. We are just starting to learn IP addressing and subnetting :skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

Intisar
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BoredAgnostic
:sl: Not really sis, you don't even have to necessarily go to those big shot Ivy League unis, trying going to the Caribbean, Europe, or even Pakistan. I was watching a program on TV a couple of weeks ago where Dan Rather was talking about Universities and the fact that they make a lot of money by turning students down, trying to make themselves look ''prestiguous''.

No University really cares about whether you went straight from high school or a CC lol, at the end of the day they're getting more money in their pockets. Plus, you are a transfer student, technically by that time you wouldn't be in a CC student anymore right. Good luck though sis. :)

I work part-time as a sales associate, I hate seeing customers so I work in the back, and I'm studying part-time (*ECE aka Early Childhood Education). I'm hoping to become a kindergarten teacher inshaa'Allaah.

Silver
01-28-2009, 08:43 AM
My med school is french so it's different. I can tell you that there is a lot of studying involved but it's not that difficult.
As for you not being able to get into a prestigious medical school, I don't think it's impossible. I have friends who passed the MCAT and got into medical school ( in Lebanon) and they had averages like yours and a lot of people I know got admitted into medical schools in Canada, France and the US. They got admitted even though they're from a foreign country, so I am sure your chances of getting into a good medical school are good. So what if you came from a community college? It's not a problem, you should just study as much as you can...

Ansariyah
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Student! Isn't that enuff working? *sigh*

Mujahidah4Allah
01-28-2009, 07:37 PM

^ being a student is much easier than teaching...!

wa/a\salam

Silver
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
being a student is much easier than teaching...!
C'mon no!! It's not easy being a student, not in school but in university. Hehe but I know it's not easy being a teacher either, my mom tells me how tiring it is.

Mujahidah4Allah
01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
yeah being a student its hard... when it comes to understanding the work and passing exams... but the teacher has to prepare and be patient (i say the patience as some students really drive you mad) and teaching one lesson can suck out a lot of energy! Sometimes you want to sleep while standing...

wa/salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.