/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You thoughts please..

lady_a786
01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Salaam,

I'm not sure if a thread of this nature has been initiated or not and I hope it is in the right section; but there's something that I would like to share and hopefully get your thoughts on so that it can help me too.

Well, I have turned a 'new leaf' in my life due to recent events in my life which has made me alot more aware of Islam, whereas before, I can say, I was pretty much consumed in the Western culture. Right now, I want to do as much as possible to broaden my deen and work towards entering paradise and protect myself from hell fire. I need to seek and broaden my knowledge so that I can pass it on.

However, since I have woken up and smelt the coffee, so to speak, I have realised just how many people are consumed in the Western culture. Tell me how you feel, but I think the Western way of living life does not cater to Islam and a lot of Muslims brothers and sisters have more room for music, fashion, etc, than Islam and when you try to speak to them about them about it, (not preach) they do not want to know! It just makes me sad that this life is temporary and life we need to focus on is put to a side.

I was one of these people, but if truth be told, it was purely because I knew the truth and I feared it, so, I just didn't think about it.

So, how do you approach this topic without coming across as a preacher and warn your loved ones, as as much as I fear Allah (SWT), I fear for my Muslims brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-24-2009, 05:18 PM
We have all gone through this before, now that we have got guidance from Allah swt , we see all the haram and halal around us, You dont realise how bad it is, and we tend to take on this big quest to bring people back to islam, you think you can give a bit of dawah and bang the person has taken heed, reality check it does not work like that.

You hear beautiful hadiths and verses from the Quran and you want to share it with others, and show them the beauty of islam

A lot of people on here will say to you is first work on yourself, become a better person, show how islam has changed you , made you a kinder , warmer person, then people will see you and they might get affected.

Remember all you can do is spread the message , guidance is in the Hands of Allah swt.

WARNING sister , now that you have started practising, you have made the satan angry , like before he didnt have to mess about with you, but now your his enemy.

yOur iman will start off high , you wanna learn everything in 1 go, maybe a month or two then wooooosh you hit rock bottom , you dont wanna pray any more , you wonder whats happeend , ive seen it too many times,

just take each day slowly

crayon
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Simply put?

You lead by example.:)

lady_a786
01-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes of course and thankyou for your advice there nightstar...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
01-24-2009, 08:55 PM
:sl: Nightstar has hit the nail on the head so to speak. Just take each day as it comes, as for preaching do it yes, but subtley and gently and not all the time............slowly InshaAllah you will start to get your message across. Ameen.:w::)

SeekingTaqwa
01-24-2009, 11:10 PM
:salamext:

Yes- actions speak louder than words but words carry out what actions cannot.
A combination of both is required, inshaAllaah.

Certainly, it is important for us to practise what we preach if we expect anyone to take us seriously. But just to point out, you do not have to perfect before you preach, otherwise how would we give da'wah when none of us are perfect?

Keep striving to better yourself inshaaAllaah and pass on your knowledge to benefit others too.

Those whose hearts are open to the truth will listen inshaAllaah but it is not for us to decide who will and who won't. It is not for us to say that so and so won't benefit so let's not bother. Our job is to pass on the message and the rest is between the individual concerned and Allaah :arabic2:

Here is some advice from the Noble Quraan:

“Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.” [Surah An Nahl-Verse 125.]

In this wonderful passage are laid down principles of religious preaching which are good for all time. But where are the teachers with such qualifications? We must invite all to the way of Allah, and expound His universal will; we must do it with wisdom and discretion, meeting people on their own ground and convincing them with illustrations from their own knowledge and experience, which may be very narrow or very wide. Our preaching must be not dogmatic, not self regarding, not offensive, but gentle, considerate and such as would attract their attention. Our manner and our arguments must not be acrimonious but modeled on the most courteous and the most gracious example, so that the hearer may say to himself, “This man is not merely dealing with dialectics; he is not trying to get a rise out of me; he is sincerely expounding the faith that is in him and his motive is the love of man and the love of Allah.”
It may be that the preacher sometimes says to himself, “What is the use of teaching these people? They have made up their minds or they are obstinate or they are merely trying to catch me out.” Let him not yield to this thought. Who knows how the seed of Allah may germinate in people’s minds? It is not for man to look for results. Man’s inner thoughts are known best to Allah.

:salamext:

Tony
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
action speaks louder than words. The faith of a revert has stength enough to crush shayatin. Dont preach if your knowledge is lacking but never miss an opportunity to mentionthe name of Allah in company, fear nothng but His punishmnt and desire nothng but His guidance. Peace sister

-Elle-
01-25-2009, 01:05 AM
When I to speak to people, ( AlhamdulillAh this has been effective in the past,) I do not "lecture" them. This means that I don't critisize them and say "You've done this,this, and this wrong!*shocked face* "..I point out their actions, and then try to show them how their own actions are harm them.

When wanting to share your knowledge of Islam, try having this approach: you're not convincing the other person of anything, you are merely giving them knowledgeable advice. Speak to them like you would speak to your sister; with an open-mind and a kind heart. If they question you on something which you do not have a knowledge of, then don't be shy to say " I haven't read about that...so I can't really answer you. When I get the proper info I'll respond:)". I did that plenty of times. You then research the question and actually end up learning something yourself.

If you talk with someone with the main idea of convincing them you are right and they are wrong, you might end up
a)making them feel like they are horrible person, when, in truth, they are simply lost and have made mistakes. no one's perfect.
b) Fail at convincing them then yourself get discouraged.

So,like I said, try to talk to them as if you were offering advice, whether they take it or leave it, know that you have done your part, and make sure you portray yourself as available if, in the future, they have any more questions/ need your help.

And btw, it is an honorable thing you are doing, Mash'Allah, may Allah always keep Islam in your heart.

ninetrey
01-25-2009, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
We have all gone through this before, now that we have got guidance from Allah swt , we see all the haram and halal around us, You dont realise how bad it is, and we tend to take on this big quest to bring people back to islam, you think you can give a bit of dawah and bang the person has taken heed, reality check it does not work like that.

You hear beautiful hadiths and verses from the Quran and you want to share it with others, and show them the beauty of islam

A lot of people on here will say to you is first work on yourself, become a better person, show how islam has changed you , made you a kinder , warmer person, then people will see you and they might get affected.

Remember all you can do is spread the message , guidance is in the Hands of Allah swt.

WARNING sister , now that you have started practising, you have made the satan angry , like before he didnt have to mess about with you, but now your his enemy.

yOur iman will start off high , you wanna learn everything in 1 go, maybe a month or two then wooooosh you hit rock bottom , you dont wanna pray any more , you wonder whats happeend , ive seen it too many times,

just take each day slowly

esselamu aleikum
i get your point brother but who acually cares if the **** lapidaded shäytan
is ones enemy? do you acually fear this coward or what?

Yanal
01-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Asalam Alakum
I share that fear also, I fear for myself as well.
PS: I can't change my font & colour.
I'll have a better reply later sister my computer Is lagging.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.