/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The BBC have caused an OUTRAGE! LETS HELP THE PEOPLE OF GAZA!

Hamza Asadullah
01-24-2009, 10:10 PM
The BBC have caused an absolute outrage by declining to appeal for aid for the people of Gaza saying that it may cause bias in the feud between Israel and Palestine! How can they say such things when over 1300 have been massacred and killed and only a very few Israelis have been killed and injured! This is absolute hypocrisy when they appeal for aid during many conflicts and atrocities around the world but why not Gaza? Are the people of Gaza less human than the people in those countries? This is a terrible and heartless decision based on pressure from Israel on the BBC and the west not to help the people of Gaza! This decision will cost MANY lives and it is vital that we do something about it and we should complain to the BBC for this outrage and apply as much pressure on therm as we can so that they give in and appeal for aid to Gaza! Over 1300 people have died and more will die unless something is done! We have got to do something about this outrage and put massive pressure on the BBC!

Write your complaints to BBC and forward this to as many people as possible!

The weblink is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

Or you can phone them to make your complaint on:03700 100 222

Lets make them regret their decision so that they can overturn it because their appeal can raise MILLIONS of pounds worth of Aid for the people of Gaza and it can save their lives! Their decision was both heartless and inhumane because the people of Gaza need our help more than EVER before because they have NOTHING and are dying!

Please give as much as you can generously to UMMAH WELFARE TRUST who run a 100% charity policy meaning that NO money raised EVER goes to administration costs because they have others ways of raising money for this so 100% of the money will go to the people who need it the most in Gaza!

You can give a donation online on their website:

http://www.uwt.org/Appeals/Gaza_Appeal-08.asp

Or you can ring them to make a donantion on: 01274390396

Please give your sincere duas to the people of Palestine because dua is our biggest weapon as Muslims and lets do what we can for our brothers,sisters and children who desperatley need our help and support because we as an ummah are one body if one part is in pain then we should all be in pain! Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
01-25-2009, 06:24 AM
BBC is likea dog licking its own nuts, consumed by self satisfaction whilst staring directly up its own a**e

glo
01-25-2009, 09:17 PM
This story has had a lot of media coverage, which is a good thing and probably helps the cause of Gaza.

I must say I do not understand the BBC's stance on 'not wanting to show any bias in this conflict'. Arguably, not showing the appeal could be interpreted as an anti-Palestine bias ...

Many public figures have made their voices heard and criticised the BBC for their decision.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...charity-appeal

Peace

Ar-RaYYan
01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
"By declining their request, the BBC has already taken sides and forsaken impartiality."
Exactly! :blind:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
01-26-2009, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This story has had a lot of media coverage, which is a good thing and probably helps the cause of Gaza.

I must say I do not understand the BBC's stance on 'not wanting to show any bias in this conflict'. Arguably, not showing the appeal could be interpreted as an anti-Palestine bias ...

Many public figures have made their voices heard and criticised the BBC for their decision.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...charity-appeal

Peace
Hi,

Interesting article, thank you for the link. However, I was confused about this part:

The culture secretary, Andy Burnham, said it was right that broadcasters made their own decisions, adding that the BBC faced a difficult choice because of the way it is funded.
What does that mean? How is the BBC funded?

glo
01-26-2009, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
I am not entirely sure.
I assume that the BBC is essentially paid by its viewers. As far as I know that BBC tries to bring news which are as fair and unbiased as possible. It has no particular political agenda or is affiliated to any political group/party.

But, like I said, my knowledge is very limited.

Peace :)

glo
01-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I came across this column in the Times online. It is written by Andrew Roberts, a British historian, and presents quite a different view.

Mark Thompson, the Director-General of the BBC, is quite right to refuse to broadcast the appeal of the Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC) for humanitarian relief for Gaza, but not for the reason he thinks. He is under the impression that it will damage the BBC's reputation for impartiality in reporting the Israel-Palestine question, but the fact is that the BBC does not have any such reputation, having for years been institutionally pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli. The reason that his decision is brave and right, however, is that many of the 13 charities that make up the DEC are even more mired in anti-Israeli assumptions than the BBC itself.

Mr Thompson rightly appreciates that the issue of humanitarian relief in this conflict is quite unlike humanitarian relief for victims of a tsunami or a famine.

Who adjudicates on which victims to support via such charitable aid - and according to whose political morality? Why did the BBC not launch an appeal for the victims of collateral damage during Nato's bombing of Serbia in 1999 during the Kosovo campaign? And had it done so, would it have given money to ethnic Serbs as well as to Kosovars and Bosnian Muslims, all of whom were “cleansed” during the Balkan wars of that decade? What about the victims of insurgencies and counter- insurgencies in Sri Lanka, Kashmir, Chechnya or Georgia? Or Israeli victims of the next Hamas suicide attack? Indeed, what about the Palestinian victims of Hamas's hideous human rights abuses, still so shamefully under-reported by the British media as a whole?

[...]
Full article here.

Any thoughts?

MO783
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
the times newspaper is of rupert murdoch, enough said

glo
01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
the times newspaper is of rupert murdoch, enough said
What is the point you are trying to make?

Do you have any thoughts on Andrew Roberts' comments that the BBC has demonstrated itself in the past to be pro-Palestinian, as are the charities within the Disaster Emergency Committee?

Personally I find the idea that by supporting/not supporting certain causes we make political statements quite interesting, because I hadn't thouhgt about it in those terms before.

I have supported Gaza appeals because I want to help people who are suffering. The religion/political stance of those people is not really of importance to me, what matters to me is that there are suffering and I may be able to help ...
If they were Jewish, Hindu, atheist etc shouldn't matter. Humanitarian aid should be there to meet human need.
Do you agree?

However, the paragraph further down in the articel, which mentions queries about fair distribution in Gaza does cause me concern:
The final issue is the fraught one of the practicability of actually distributing the aid on the ground. After Hamas seized total control of Gaza in June 2007 there have been many well-documented reports of Hamas officials diverting assistance for themselves. On February 7 last year, for example, the Deutsche Presse-Agentur reported that “at least ten trucks with humanitarian aid sent to the Gaza Strip by the Jordanian Red Crescent Society were confiscated by Hamas police shortly after the lorries entered the territory”. Journalists also reported that the aid was “unloaded in Hamas ministry warehouses” and that a similar seizure took place in January 2008.
This is the first time I have come across such claims, and I find them very worrying.
To think that the humanitarian aid, which is so needed and people have waited for for weeks, may not make it to the rightful recipients ... imsad

Is anybody else concerned?

MO783
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Hi,

Interesting article, thank you for the link. However, I was confused about this part:

Its funded by us, we have to pay a licence fee every year

Far7an
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi glo,
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What is the point you are trying to make?

Do you have any thoughts on Andrew Roberts' comments that the BBC has demonstrated itself in the past to be pro-Palestinian, as are the charities within the Disaster Emergency Committee?
Judging from his wiki bio, anything which a person who describes himself as "extremely right-wing" says should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The BBC actually responded to all these claims of being anti isreali in a production which was aired recently, it might be available on youtube?

I don't want to comment on the authenticity of the allegations, as it was once said by a Greek Philosopher "The first casualty of war, is the truth". Or something to that effect.

Muezzin
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
We shouldn't get too sidetracked with the BBC. Yeah, it's arguably silly (to say the least) for them not to broadcast this appeal on the grounds of impartiality, but what's more important is that other channels have broadcast it, so as many people as possible should donate to the charities mentioned.

By all means, complain to the BBC. But don't forget to donate to the Gaza appeals.

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Watch these AMAZING video clips from Sheikh Imran Hossein where in the second part where he REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT EVIL THE PLAN OF ISRAEL and the first part is the very emotional suffering of the Palestinians.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iwJx...eature=related

Second part

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zkExju...eature=related

This video was done in 2003!

Hamza Asadullah
01-29-2009, 01:17 AM
BBC The Real Reason For Refusing Gaza Appeal

BBC DIRECTOR GENERAL MARRIED TO JEW.

BBC’s Mark Thompson Exposed for Refusing Gaza Aid Appeal

Prunderground – January 25, 2009

Mark Thompson

Last week, the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) requested an aid appeal for Gaza to be aired by British television and radio channels. Channel 4, Channel 5 and ITV all agreed to screen the aid appeal for the innocent victims of Israel’s brutal attacks, but the BBC Director General, Mark Thompson, blatantly refused and confirmed the claims of many that he is a notorious supporter of Zionist Israel.

Nobody can deny that the people of Gaza are undergoing a humanitarian catastrophe as an immediate consequence of Israel’s indiscriminate attacks. More than 1300 people have been killed and countless homes, schools and hospitals have been razed to the ground. Moreover, people are continuing to die as a result of these dire conditions. Despite this fact, Mark Thompson justified his refusal by claiming that such an appeal for aid could be interpreted as anti-Israel bias! Just why this humanitarian disaster would be different from other disasters remains unclear. The BBC managed to raise £10m for the Congo and £18m for Burma. Are the lives of Palestinian children worth less than the lives of African or Asian children? Mark Thompson’s Zionist worldview seems to think so.

That Mark Thompson has been supporting Zionist leaders is no secret. In fact, Mark Thompson’s wife, Jane, is Jewish and a fanatic supporter of Zionist policies. Is Mark simply trying to appease his wife? If he is, then this has to be one of the most outrageous acts in the history of British media. The glaring disregard for human suffering, however, can only be explained by Mark Thompson’s close relationship with Israeli leaders. In 2005, Mr. Thompson broke all rules of independent journalism when he travelled to Jerusalem and met former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in order to “build bridges” between the BBC and Israel. This unprecedented move was not covered by Western media, but the Israeli press gave it significant importance.

Mark Thompson’s decision has caused widespread public anger across the globe. Protests have been staged by around 5,000 people in London and many people in the United Kingdom are boycotting paying the BBC license fee.

http://www.prunderground.com/001137/...za-aid-appeal/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.