/* */

PDA

View Full Version : unworthy?

muslimah_4ever
01-25-2009, 11:50 PM
:sl:
is it haram that I feel unworthy of the blessings of Allah (swt). I try to be good muslim and pray and make dua and keep halal. I do no doubt Him or Islam. I know He can do anything that he wills. But I am afraid that I am not good enough for Him. imsad
Is this normal? Is there any special dua or hadith that can help me?
Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
assalamu alaykum

sister, Allah already is showering His blessings on you. The fact that you are able to share your feelings and arent trapped in some dark world in a coma is a blessing, no? You have, health, food, a roof over your head and much much more. So you already have His blessings. However, if you want to earn His pleasure and increase your blessings in the dunya and akhirah, then you have to make the effort. If you feel unworthy, then strive to make yourself a better person until you feel hope and think to yourself that.. "I'm trying my best, so InshaAllah my Lord will accept my good deeds, forgive my sins and increase His blessings on me." If one, e.g. just makes duaa because they wish to start offering salah but doesn't even get up and make that effort then how will that work? We have to make the effort and pray to Allah to increase us in it.

Ask Allah subana wa ta'ala for His help by invoking Him by His beautiful name below, as it's meaning is 'The Guardian of Faith'.

Al-Mu'min

Guardian of Faith, The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.

"The most beautiful names belong to God: so call on Him by them;..." (7:180)

assalamu alaykum

index123
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Its ok brother... He forgives and when I say forgives I mean he really really forgives LIKE major faults.

Banu_Hashim
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
It seems as though as you fear Allah, which is a very good thing. Those who do not have any fear of Allah, are amongst the losers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_4ever
01-27-2009, 01:33 PM
first of all index123, i am a sister, not a brother. :D I know He forgives, and is the most forgiving. That is great. :statisfie Especially when you are truly repenting. You can feel His forgiveness.
Banu Hashim, I fear Allah. So much. I'm glad I'm not one of the losers.
Scents of Jannah, it's not about blessings etc. I am thankful for what I have now, and I make effort for future aswell. I think I am just overwhelmed by HIs greatness.
"I'm trying my best, so InshaAllah my Lord will accept my good deeds, forgive my sins and increase His blessings on me."
That is great advice. I have to remind myself that I am only human, although I feel Allah (swt) deserves much more than it.
All of Allah's (swt) names are beautiful. I would love to memorize them all inshallah. I really like "Al-Waliyy The Protecting Friend, Patron and Helper". It gives me comfort. and his helping me with this unworthy feeling.
jazakallah all for your input, and may Allah bless you always.

Zahida
01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
. Those who do not have any fear of Allah, are amongst the losers........

Agreed..............:thumbs_up:w::)

MO783
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_4ever
is it haram that I feel unworthy of the blessings of Allah (swt). I try to be good muslim and pray and make dua and keep halal. I do no doubt Him or Islam. I know He can do anything that he wills. But I am afraid that I am not good enough for Him. imsad
Is this normal? Is there any special dua or hadith that can help me?
Jazakallah khair.

Sometimes I feel the same way, more now a days though. But I just keep on praying and hoping as I think no matter what I am a muslim Inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.