/* */

PDA

View Full Version : On the streets..

Samkurd
01-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Salam brothers and sisters,

I have recently moved to Boston Massachusetts from London UK. I cant tell you the amount of times ive been harassed, nearly robbed, attemptd to be murdered... Im 18... these streets are full of scum.

I carry a knife with me wherever i go, i bought an air pistol online with metal hunting bullets, i bought a police baton yet i cant buy pepper spray or a stun gun because its illegal here. (Messed up? I think so)

Ive been smoking weed, drinking... im going down wrong paths. Ive been getting depressed from all the times im hassled on these streets.

I need my weapons... i fear for my life when i get on the streets to go to class. I see people with guns here and it strikes fear in my heart, it makes me feel i need one to protect myself... its a vicious circle.

I just want to know, are there any prayers to protect me from the scum on the streerts? crakcheads, homeless people, thugs with guns... im tired of it,

I feel my gun and knives are the only ones who ccan answer my prayers right now.

What can i do for Allah to protect me... i feel so lost right now... i feel like im going to do somethign stupid one day and throw my life away.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Intisar
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
:sl: Brother I live in Boston, that has never happened to me alhamdulilah. This city is filled with scum just like any other city, you cannot blame the city for changing your ways. Inshaa'Allaah trying to going to ISB masjid in Boston, or masjid Alhamdulilah, they are both located in Roxbury though (a slightly dangerous area). Do you have any family with you or are you living alone? The Islaamic community here isn't as big as London's but that's no excuse not to stay involved. There are a great many masajid over here, so try to get involved in as many Islaamic events as possible.

Al Maghrib inshaa'Allaah will be taking place here from the third of April to the 5th by Yasir Qadhi, called ''the Fiqh of Food and Clothing'', trying signing up for those classes to protect your eeman and to increase your knowledge in Islaam.

Cut those bad influences loose inshaa'Allaah, I live in Boston, but in a good area, and I never speak to anybody I just go to work and back home. Maybe you should try the same? Isolate yourself from these people and enter the masjid, make it your second home inshaa'Allaah (Allaah shades those people on the day of judgement as they are one of seven who will be shaded on that day).

Trust me bro, I've seen a great many crackheads, you just ignore them and go on with your business.

aadil77
01-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Pray ayatul Kursi and Surah Yasin every morning, :thumbs_up

oh yeah and get a gun and a flak jacket:D
don't bother with the air pistol, if you ever pull that out you'll just get yourself shot,

nah i'm joking, just keep to yourself, keep praying and you'll be fine

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samkurd
01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Thanks guys,

Ameena i live with my brother. I have been to the masjid once in Roxbury but as you said its in the middle of a really bad ghetto...

Im trying my best to avoid the trouble but it always seems to find me. I will be minding my own business at a T stop and be followed by thugs who try intimidate me to fight or follow me to rob me.. im so sick of it, it happens on a weekly basis...

Anyway im taking boxing lessons to start me off.

Thanks for the guidance

Samkurd
01-27-2009, 03:56 AM
Thanks guys,

Ameena i live with my brother. I have been to the masjid once in Roxbury but as you said its in the middle of a really bad ghetto...

Im trying my best to avoid the trouble but it always seems to find me. I will be minding my own business at a T stop and be followed by thugs who try intimidate me to fight or follow me to rob me.. im so sick of it, it happens on a weekly basis...

Anyway im taking boxing lessons to start me off.

Thanks for the guidance

Dawud_uk
01-27-2009, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samkurd
Salam brothers and sisters,

I have recently moved to Boston Massachusetts from London UK. I cant tell you the amount of times ive been harassed, nearly robbed, attemptd to be murdered... Im 18... these streets are full of scum.

I carry a knife with me wherever i go, i bought an air pistol online with metal hunting bullets, i bought a police baton yet i cant buy pepper spray or a stun gun because its illegal here. (Messed up? I think so)

Ive been smoking weed, drinking... im going down wrong paths. Ive been getting depressed from all the times im hassled on these streets.

I need my weapons... i fear for my life when i get on the streets to go to class. I see people with guns here and it strikes fear in my heart, it makes me feel i need one to protect myself... its a vicious circle.

I just want to know, are there any prayers to protect me from the scum on the streerts? crakcheads, homeless people, thugs with guns... im tired of it,

I feel my gun and knives are the only ones who ccan answer my prayers right now.

What can i do for Allah to protect me... i feel so lost right now... i feel like im going to do somethign stupid one day and throw my life away.
:sl:

if things are this bad then leave akhi. dont put yourself in a place so full of fitnah for any dunya reason.

:sl:

Samkurd
01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
I just finished watching this video and I am almost in tears. It touched my heart.. Im going to try so hard to stay on the right path and hopefully Allah will keep me out of trouble and put peace to my mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.