/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking off an Engagement

AnonymousPoster
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Has anyone hear ever broken off an engagement to someone or known someone who has? Is so what was the reason? Are there any haraam reasons for breaking off an engagement? How did they do it?

I am interested to know if the muslim world is like the western world when it comes to breaking off an engagement.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
:sl:
Has anyone hear ever broken off an engagement to someone or known someone who has?
i have...

Is so what was the reason?
he was forced to.

Are there any haraam reasons for breaking off an engagement? How did they do it?I am interested to know if the muslim world is like the western world when it comes to breaking off an engagement.
could you expand on that?

Zahida
01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
:sl: I have not broken an engagement, but know of many people who have for different reasons. I suppose no two reasons could be the same, yes maybe same reason eg. partner was cheating, but different circumstances. If that makes sense.

What i am trying to say is that it happens........... for different reasons, some serious and some pathetic!!! Eg a girl broke an engagement with a guy because he was too short and was not tall enough for her............:D:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.